Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Also, I now have a good excuse to post the most awesome social media promo ever cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Zvlw_3k0o&t=856s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
You are victory! :hist101:

Man, imagine Alex Jones giving a rousing speech to his tinfoil hatted followers before they enter into battle with Obama's dreaded communism cyborgs.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

SedanChair posted:

Also, I now have a good excuse to post the most awesome social media promo ever cut.

I can't quite figure out Cenk Uygur.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mitchicon posted:

Former college republican.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Phone posted:

I listened to his podcast for a while a few years back and never could get over just how loving broheim the dude is. He really enjoys putting his woman co-host on the spot with really awkward questions about dick-size preferences and tits etc. It got uncomfortable after a while.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Phone posted:

Do you read Jacobin and enjoy icing your bros? Then Cenk's your man!

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 10, 2013

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Mitchicon posted:

He's kind of an oaf.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I watch TYT for just about everyone except Cenk.

What's the consensus on Thom Hartmann? I agree with him on a lot of issues, but he's made some pretty audacious claims, like how the Reagan campaign bribed Iran not to release the hostages until after the election.

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 10, 2013

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

SedanChair posted:

He's kind of an oaf.

I feel like he is contrarian for the sake of being a rebel, but he comes across as being a blowhard.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SedanChair posted:

Immediately following that advert is him mentioning how TYT is making fun of him, something about a juice box makes you gay. Which was taken out of context: I wonder what the correct context for that would be?

This is going to only get better when the internet generation and their JK LOL Ironic racism get into power. "Senator Mendez-Smith, believes that former president Obama was part of some secret oil cabal to rip off gas prices based off this 2013 blog post status update: 4.50 for gas? THANKS OBAMA!"

It will certainly be fun to watch while sipping my Juicy Juice.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Typical Pubbie posted:

I agree with him on a lot of issues, but he's made some pretty audacious claims, like how the Reagan campaign bribed Iran not to release the hostages until after the election.

I know the House investigation said there was insufficient proof, but didn't KGB files turn up later that showed HW Bush did meet with the Iranians in Madrid? Was that just KGB misinformation or someone making poo poo up?

I never heard a good explanation why the hostages were released on Reagan's inauguration.

XyloJW fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 10, 2013

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Thom Hartmann is alright from what I've seen. He's a bit of a blowhard, but his method of breaking stuff down is solid since he goes through things in a logical fashion.

The note about Iran and Reagan, I've heard it before; however, it's not like it would be the silver bullet to pin Reagan as Super rear end in a top hat of the Century seeing how there's plenty of other atrocious poo poo that he's directly responsible for.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SedanChair posted:

He's kind of an oaf.

He's kinda the first guy I've thought about where 'oaf' really fits well actually. He's not BAD, he's just clumsy and kinda dumb and tends to knock things over and just go 'eh, that'll happen', in the verbal sense.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

HootTheOwl posted:

Immediately following that advert is him mentioning how TYT is making fun of him, something about a juice box makes you gay. Which was taken out of context: I wonder what the correct context for that would be?

I thought his little rant was so funny I put a beat behind it.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

It was amusing, but your beat added nothing. Sorry! :shobon:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Such is life!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Pope Guilty posted:

Such is life!

Don't read too much from my opinion and wait for others. :>

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
It's ok, but it has nothing on Alex Jones Circulation.
http://youtu.be/ODZE5peUfWQ

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Babylon Astronaut posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs

Still the best.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Phone posted:

He's got a 'reformed bad guy' vibe to him because of that.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Spacedad posted:

He's got a 'reformed bad guy' vibe to him because of that.

Hmm, 80s douchebag villain? I can see it.

He's like a more pompous Tom Wilson.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Phone posted:

Thom Hartmann is alright from what I've seen. He's a bit of a blowhard, but his method of breaking stuff down is solid since he goes through things in a logical fashion.

The note about Iran and Reagan, I've heard it before; however, it's not like it would be the silver bullet to pin Reagan as Super rear end in a top hat of the Century seeing how there's plenty of other atrocious poo poo that he's directly responsible for.

Thom is usually great, but don't listen to him on anything involving food production and agriculture.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Babylon Astronaut posted:

I think you mean nothing beats requiem for Alex Jones.

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

Convex posted:

For some reason Alex Jones was invited onto the BBC's Sunday Politics show today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22832994 (includes video)

:shepface:

What's the gesture the anchor does to the camera at 5:15? Right before that he does the usual gesture I associate with "crazy!" which is the index turning around the ear a couple of times, but the second one? It's obvious in context but where does it come from?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
It seems like he might be pulling invisible string through his head via his ears...that's my best guess.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
Thats the secret Bilderberg operation success symbol, obviously

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I just happened to catch some Fox News talking heads on TV right on time for one of them to compare the conflict in Syria to Alien vs. Predator.

TURN IT OFF!
Dec 26, 2012

Chantilly Say posted:

I just happened to catch some Fox News talking heads on TV right on time for one of them to compare the conflict in Syria to Alien vs. Predator.

"whoever wins, we lose"?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Chantilly Say posted:

If he meant that whoever wins, Syria loses, then he's not far off. The US is going to come out OK no matter what happens.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Convex posted:

For some reason Alex Jones was invited onto the BBC's Sunday Politics show today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22832994 (includes video)

:shepface:

Why would Germany need to use the EU to take over the economies of Europe when they actually loving took over the economies of Europe?

Chantilly Say posted:

Dehumanization is always a healthy sign!

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 10, 2013

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I liked it. Why am I so weak?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Is there a pdf of the "fox news lies and is terrible" effort post somewhere? I have a relative that refuses to watch any other news because "they tell the truth :tinfoil:."

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Azuth0667 posted:

Is there a pdf of the "fox news lies and is terrible" effort post somewhere? I have a relative that refuses to watch any other news because "they tell the truth :tinfoil:."

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3512233&pagenumber=176&perpage=40#post416062722

Not a PDF, but this post by ShadowCatboy might be what you're looking for.

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?

Are there any government documents that Jones doesn't have access to? His answer to everything is "I have the government documents!" and then failing to provide such documents.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Speaking of that, I've spread those "D" and "R" switches around several times amongst a few conservatives I know and they always laugh me off as being conspiratorial minded and claim it was just an honest mistake by FOX.

Is there either a right wing equivalent of things related to CNN/MSNBC or whatever, and, more to the point I suppose, are there an equal number of FOX graphics getting it wrong the other way? Like labeling Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton a Republican, for instance?

I hardly think it's accidental since it never seems to happen aside from when a Republican politician is loving up, and those photoshop jobs are just beyond the pale. On what planet could that be an accident? I'm curious if the mistake has ever happened whenever a Democrat voted against the ACA or something like that.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

sicarius posted:

Are there any government documents that Jones doesn't have access to? His answer to everything is "I have the government documents!" and then failing to provide such documents.

I love his constant justification for everything.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

BiggerBoat posted:

Speaking of that, I've spread those "D" and "R" switches around several times amongst a few conservatives I know and they always laugh me off as being conspiratorial minded and claim it was just an honest mistake by FOX.

Is there either a right wing equivalent of things related to CNN/MSNBC or whatever, and, more to the point I suppose, are there an equal number of FOX graphics getting it wrong the other way? Like labeling Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton a Republican, for instance?

I hardly think it's accidental since it never seems to happen aside from when a Republican politician is loving up, and those photoshop jobs are just beyond the pale. On what planet could that be an accident? I'm curious if the mistake has ever happened whenever a Democrat voted against the ACA or something like that.

Well if that's the case, here are two more images to send to them.

(I linked to the very large original that you can actually read)

And my personal favorite...

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

A Winner is Jew posted:

Considering how terrible the Y axis is on that graph, the WHOLE THING should be flat!

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

A Winner is Jew posted:

Well if that's the case, here are two more images to send to them.

(I linked to the very large original that you can actually read)

I may be missing something in that first picture, can you explain further? Fox News is just using sensationalist headlines is what I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Flaggy posted:

I may be missing something in that first picture, can you explain further? Fox News is just using sensationalist headlines is what I see.

Look at the numbers, then look at the lines.