Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Flaggy posted:

I may be missing something in that first picture, can you explain further? Fox News is just using sensationalist headlines is what I see.

You mean it's fine for news organizations to use sensationalist headlines or right wing talking points phrased as questions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Are you saying MSNBC and CNN don't make honest mistakes now and then? :smug:

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

A Winner is Jew posted:

You mean it's fine for news organizations to use sensationalist headlines or right wing talking points phrased as questions?

I figured as much, I thought I was missing something else entirely.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Moscow says asylum 'will be considered' for Snowden if requested

Fox News posted:

Moscow has opened the door to asylum for NSA whistle-blower Edward Snowden.

There is no official information that the 29-year-old Snowden has applied for asylum, after admitting he exposed U.S. surveillance programs that have logged millions of phone calls and the Internet activities of Americans.

However, a spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin said Tuesday the Communist country would consider such an asylum request.

"If such an appeal is given, it will be considered,” Putin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told the Russian newspaper Kommersant. “We'll act according to facts."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/11/moscow-opens-door-to-asylum-for-snowden-it-will-be-considered/

I thought Obama was a Communist? :confused: :ussr:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Phone posted:

Moscow says asylum 'will be considered' for Snowden if requested

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/11/moscow-opens-door-to-asylum-for-snowden-it-will-be-considered/

I thought Obama was a Communist? :confused: :ussr:

Obviously, Obama is a Soviet communist plant like Evelyn Salt :freep:

...no, seriously, I don't think the right will ever get over the Cold War.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

I like it. It's totally got potential but it's not there yet.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Christ, snowden going to russia would be a hilarious shitshow. HE'S A COMMIE I KNEW IT ONLY A COMMIE WOULD BETRAY ARE CONTRY. Here, nsa, have all my old receipts.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
A member of the intelligence community essentially defecting to Russia is something out of the cold war though.

TURN IT OFF!
Dec 26, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

A member of the intelligence community essentially defecting to Russia is something out of the cold war though.

And if he went to Germany it would be something out of WWII, but the USSR and Nazi-Germany no longer exist.

:godwin:

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

TURN IT OFF! posted:

And if he went to Germany it would be something out of WWII, but the USSR and Nazi-Germany no longer exist.

:godwin:
Or do they??

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
More proof that Ann Coulter is a deep cover liberal:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/coulter-goes-ballistic-on-hannity-over-immigration-youre-like-a-liberal-making-a-silly-argument/

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
To be fair, Hannity is a gigantic moron and I'm surprised Coulter hasn't called him out on it before.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm also pretty sure that Ann Coulter is a robot that was programmed to generate as much profit as possible by getting the most attention that is possible. It decided to say whatever pisses people off the most because people pay attention to things that make them angry and/or frightened.

Yes, Ann Coulter scares me.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Dennis Miller was talking about how he loves the Patriot Act today and how if they sent him papers asking for permission to tap his phone and e-mail he would sign them. What a tool.

knife super power
Nov 4, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I'm also pretty sure that Ann Coulter is a robot that was programmed to generate as much profit as possible by getting the most attention that is possible. It decided to say whatever pisses people off the most because people pay attention to things that make them angry and/or frightened.

Yes, Ann Coulter scares me.

Ann Coulter thrived on calling liberals evil, so much so that once the Tea Party became a thing, she couldn't keep up with it.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

knife super power posted:

Ann Coulter thrived on calling liberals evil, so much so that once the Tea Party became a thing, she couldn't keep up with it.

If your entire schtick is "edgiest right-winger on TV," how does that not end with you eating a baby on camera?

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Dennis Miller was talking about how he loves the Patriot Act today and how if they sent him papers asking for permission to tap his phone and e-mail he would sign them. What a tool.

Anyone who actually uses the line, "Why should I worry, I don't have anything to hide?" (or any derivations thereof) should be immediately ignored.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Fox News is now appealing to the anime and EVE Online subsection of the population: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/06/12/humans-in-100000-years-what-will-look-like/

So anime.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Walter posted:

Anyone who actually uses the line, "Why should I worry, I don't have anything to hide?" (or any derivations thereof) should be immediately ignored.

The hell of it is that people who say that are almost certainly lying to themselves, in a way that's likely to end in tears, lurid news coverage and/or legal proceedings.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

Phone posted:

Fox News is now appealing to the anime and EVE Online subsection of the population: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/06/12/humans-in-100000-years-what-will-look-like/

So anime.

This has been on a few other sites too.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Mitchicon posted:

This has been on a few other sites too.

The entire quoted basis in the article is one weirdo professor and "MyVoucherCodes.co.uk". foxnews.com is a tremendously funny site, if only for how poorly they write their articles. The article claiming Russia is a "Communist country" still hasn't been edited.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

Phone posted:

So anime.

Wait, so Fox just published a story that not only suggested that we're more than 6,000 years old, that we evolved from a previous form, but also that Jesus isn't going to be here in the next decade? And doesn't the average Fox News viewer hate anime with a passion?

Up is down.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

TwoQuestions posted:

Wait, so Fox just published a story that not only suggested that we're more than 6,000 years old, that we evolved from a previous form, but also that Jesus isn't going to be here in the next decade? And doesn't the average Fox News viewer hate anime with a passion?

Up is down.

Fox News regularly reposts content from other websites and the AP wire with only minor rewording, even if it's a story that goes against their narrative. They're lazy hacks in addition to being biased fucks. I'd be more confused if they published something original along those lines.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/06/12/scientists-say-new-study-shows-pig-health-hurt-by-gmo-feed/?intcmp=obnetwork

"pig health hurt by GMO feed" is their conclusion drawn from one study which found that pigs eating one variety of genetically modified corn had higher rates of stomach inflammation than those eating non-GM corn.

They also have a lead-in on their main page being insulting to Snowden for telling a local Chinese newspaper that Chinese citizens have been spied on by the US. "Fair and balanced".

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

TwoQuestions posted:

Up is down.

Does the average Fox viewer even know what anime is? I'd imagine the closest thing they have to knowledge of it is having their grandkids watch Dragonball Z and Pokemon.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dr Christmas posted:

Does the average Fox viewer even know what anime is? I'd imagine the closest thing they have to knowledge of it is having their grandkids watch Dragonball Z and Pokemon.

Oh to live in that beautiful world.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Fox News endorses evolution!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What's going on with Buzzfeed? Their political section seems to get more slanted with time. They had a Koch sponsored event recently. The odious Villager Ben Smith is running the show - I don't get it.

I don't get how cat pictures, lists, and LGBT meshes with right wing slanted political news. Is this a Republican attempt to get the kids on board with Wingnut crazytrain?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Is this a Republican attempt to get the kids on board with Wingnut crazytrain?

Yes.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
According to Drudge, Sarah Palin will be rejoining Fox News as a contributor. :getin:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Guess she found "going rogue" to be less profitable.

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

According to Drudge, Sarah Palin will be rejoining Fox News as a contributor. :getin:

Yesssssssssssssss. I've missed the Palin presence ever since her ridiculous speech at CPAC, I need my Palin-crazy fix.
:allears:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
*lifts up big gulp*

*flushes toilet*

Amen

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
So according to this GBS thread, from this news(?) article Glenn Beck lost his voice and turned into a liberal? Is this an april fools joke or something? A really good look alike for a satire news piece?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Glenn Beck has thoroughly plundered the depths of right wing insanity and now ventures to the left to see what riches he can wrest from the clutches of the communists.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

So according to this GBS thread, from this news(?) article Glenn Beck lost his voice and turned into a liberal? Is this an april fools joke or something? A really good look alike for a satire news piece?

More like his right-wing good will dried up and now he needs a new big pile of cash to leech off of.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
From watching the video it looks like more of Beck's usual schtick. From time to time on his show he'd have a poignant monologue about how totally apolitical he is and how much he just wishes we could all love each other and get together and solve America's problems before it's too late and blah blah blah. This just looks like a stunt where he gave one of those speeches using stuff written and drawn on note cards because he lost his voice.

Kieselguhr Kid
May 16, 2010

WHY USE ONE WORD WHEN SIX FUCKING PARAGRAPHS WILL DO?

(If this post doesn't passive-aggressively lash out at one of the women in Auspol please send the police to do a welfare check.)

Blastedhellscape posted:

From watching the video it looks like more of Beck's usual schtick. From time to time on his show he'd have a poignant monologue about how totally apolitical he is and how much he just wishes we could all love each other and get together and solve America's problems before it's too late and blah blah blah.

I agree. This seems basically indistinguishable from his normal stuff -- I don't get where 'Beck has a change of heart' comes from.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I think Three Olives summed it up pretty well in the GBS thread.

"This has always been Glenn Beck's shtick, mainly because he is a creepy Mormon playing to a conservative Christian audience. Mormons and conservative Christian messaging has always played down those lines, we love the gays, that's why we are trying to save them from hell for being filthy faggots. We love the poor, that's why we are trying to teach them bootstraps. We love the Muslims, that's why we are trying to save them from hell."

Love through oppression and fearmongering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
Maybe Beck was just really inspired by a recent episode of Adventure Time.