Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

“Twitter can and probably should fail but acting like it will do so let alone quickly is blind optimism.”

“BUT WHAT ABOUT PET ROCKS?! HA GOTCHA”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Duck and Cover posted:

I'd help stop fascism but I just can't support a person who won't legalize weed! What's the Republicans attitude towards marijuana again?

Biden isn't going to gently caress you regardless of how much you simp for him whenever someone criticizes him mildly

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheOvalPawffice/status/1518720685639565312

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Elon Musk is dumb and lame, and so is twitter.

You know who else is dumb and lame? Donny "Piss-Thirst" Trump!! Remember when he was elected president of the USA? And it very nearly destroyed the country and world?

LOL!!!!!!

Rich people are silly, lovely assholes. gently caress 'em all.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Donny "Piss-Thirst" Trump!! Remember when he was elected president of the USA? And it very nearly destroyed the country and world?

I don't remember that.

I guess I'm lucky I'll get to catch a re-run in a couple of years.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Obsidianheart posted:

I don't remember that.

I guess I'm lucky I'll get to catch a re-run in a couple of years.

It was pretty dumb. You didn't miss anything.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Twitter may be dumb, but it's an Opinion Engine which has a tangible effect on the real world. So you can think it's dumb in the same way you think reality TV is dumb, and just the same your abstinence and insistence it shouldn't be so important will do nothing to quell its power.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Twitter may be dumb, but it's an Opinion Engine which has a tangible effect on the real world. So you can think it's dumb in the same way you think reality TV is dumb, and just the same your abstinence and insistence it shouldn't be so important will do nothing to quell its power.

My opinion can change its power. Or maybe not. Either way, LOL!!!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Weird that neither MTG nor Coulter mention Trump.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Elon Musk is dumb and lame, and so is twitter.

You know who else is dumb and lame? Donny "Piss-Thirst" Trump!! Remember when he was elected president of the USA? And it very nearly destroyed the country and world?
Trump you say? Name rings a bell, where have I heard that before... Oh right:
https://twitter.com/AccountableGOP/status/1518786708665507840

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It'll never stop being insane to me just how easily and quickly he took control of the Republican party. I just can't understand it.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It'll never stop being insane to me just how easily and quickly he took control of the Republican party. I just can't understand it.

They're loving scumbag monsters. LOL!!!!!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Appealing to millions of slack-jawed halfwits gets lots of votes without having to worry about policies.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Turns out if you can paint a mental picture of a golden god rich man who makes money flow from his sleeves, and you can prevent anyone from hearing about any bad direct consequences of anything he does, all you have to do is chant his name and millions will line up to prostrate themselves.

LOL!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1518774982884704258
I can only assume "the light of consciousness" is @Jack's bank account and Elon just extended that by about a billion dollars

LMAO @ ever trusting elon

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Turns out if you can paint a mental picture of a golden god rich man who makes money flow from his sleeves, and you can prevent anyone from hearing about any bad direct consequences of anything he does, all you have to do is chant his name and millions will line up to prostrate themselves.

LOL!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1518774982884704258
I can only assume "the light of consciousness" is @Jack's bank account and Elon just extended that by about a billion dollars

Meanwhile the tent cities and shantytowns throughout silicon valley and the rest of the bay area continue to grow.

gently caress every one of these rich, self-centered cocksuckers. They contribute NOTHING to human civilization. They just circle jerk and steal money , because they're stupid and greedy and pathetic.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Stoatbringer posted:

Appealing to millions of slack-jawed halfwits gets lots of votes without having to worry about policies.

Republicans of yore: "Government should be run like a business! And we're businessmen. Elect us! We'll cut our taxes and then you'll be rich!"

Slack-jawed halfwits: How 'bout this Trump guy on the uhprentice he's like the king of business or some poo poo and he hates the Messicans too!

Whoops!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Part of the reason I read this thread is because the stakes are high enough to get invested in but ultimately none of it really matters. It's pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of what's coming. If this is the worst you can imagne then you might want to think about sitting out the rest of the century because uh.. These are the good times.

My post apocalyptic gang is going to have a strict no raping policy and we still have both murdering and non murdering positions open if you’re interested.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

tek79 posted:

Republicans of yore: "Government should be run like a business! And we're businessmen. Elect us! We'll cut our taxes and then you'll be rich!"

Slack-jawed halfwits: How 'bout this Trump guy on the uhprentice he's like the king of business or some poo poo and he hates the Messicans too!

Whoops!

"Also he's the figurehead and embodiment of my specific religion, because I want that to be the case"

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

bird with big dick posted:

My post apocalyptic gang is going to have a strict no raping policy and we still have both murdering and non murdering positions open if you’re interested.

What kind of health benefits will you be offering?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/pkafka/status/1518930063089143809
I hope Leon does this. It will absolutely end Twitter. It's an incredible overestimation of their importance, it only works because it's free. Doesn't matter if reading is still free if you lose 98% of your content overnight.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

MrMojok posted:

I can see Leon Musky relaxing restrictions on things like Covid/vax disinfo, but these chuds who seem to think that they are going to be allowed to throw around racial slurs, hate speech, and death threats at will are in for a disappointment IMO.

I think Musk is a dick and all, but I don’t think he’s going to go that far.

That so many chuds have signed up for twitter just today, and so many who had “boycotted” it came back today, also goes to show how little understanding there is of the process.

It will be months before any changes are made, if any are made at all. Musk still has to look over the finances and decide if this is something he really wants to do.

I also personally doubt that Trunt is coming back.

I've been seeing a few tweets saying that Elon will remove "shadow banning". These guys are either going to

a) realize they weren't being shadow banned, but rather their content was bad and not many people agree with their points or

b) start lumping in Musk with the big tech censorship people which I think is more likely.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing says quality like a black eye and a moustache.
Fun Shoe

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Weird that neither MTG nor Coulter mention Trump.

Trump is the first one that MTG mentions. "President" Trump, even! Everyone's favorite, I hear!

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/pkafka/status/1518930063089143809
I hope Leon does this. It will absolutely end Twitter. It's an incredible overestimation of their importance, it only works because it's free. Doesn't matter if reading is still free if you lose 98% of your content overnight.

Already posted about this, he's gonna charge you crypto to tweet.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I will allow Elon to ban one (1) account on Twitter, provided it is this one

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Elong gonna buy SA and RUIN IT

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Goons already beat him to the punch.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1518943576020992001
lol someone book Devin on FOX now, I'm absolutely desperate to hear his spin on this because I'm betting it will be beautiful

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Imagine how much money Lowtax could have made, if only he held on. Imagine the number of GT-Rs he could've leased then.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Just charge 1 cent for the first tweet you make, then double the charge for each additional tweet. Simple!

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

LifeSunDeath posted:

i think theres a good chance if elon saw the thread dedicated to making fun of him he would get mad enough to buy the site.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

pedrovay2003 posted:

Trump is the first one that MTG mentions. "President" Trump, even! Everyone's favorite, I hear!

Holy poo poo am I blind or what? It was right under the header and for some reason I just didn’t parse it :doh:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ASenileAnimal posted:

i think theres a good chance if elon saw the thread dedicated to making fun of him he would get mad enough to buy the site.

Link?

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

This crappy place? Elon would only pay 30 billion for it.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens
Hey! I just realized it's been a while since we saw Alex Jones shirtless
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1518910165306814465
You're so welcome

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Steadiman posted:

You're so welcome

the cocaine orgies are real :trumppop:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Steadiman posted:

You're so welcome

Stone's face is so red ! Is it alcoholism?

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Roger Stone has a giant tramp stamp of Nixon. How is that guy still alive I've seen people get murdered over a parking spot and this guy has been ratfucking the country for 50+ years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

The Fattest PI posted:

Roger Stone has a giant tramp stamp of Nixon. How is that guy still alive I've seen people get murdered over a parking spot and this guy has been ratfucking the country for 50+ years

What always gets me with roger stone is how flat the back of his head is

like someone took a 2x4 repeatedly to it. It's unnatural!