Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Jotaro knew. He's just really dedicated to not going anywhere with Polnareff again. :v:

Seriously, though, Polnareff should've just brought out Silver Chariot.

1 and a half episodes that would have been solved with the words "I'm Polnareff". :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Seriously, though, Polnareff should've just brought out Silver Chariot.

"... Silver Chariot is way taller, that must be Steel Chariot, Yare Yare..."

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Polnareff finally did something I've been hoping they do the whole series. If you're suspicious of someone take out your stand and see if they react to it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Jesus christ Alessi is so drat creepy, his stand too :gonk:

This is probably gonna be one of these fights the opponent is gonna do something really stupid and lose, like it happened before in this series, because otherwise I don't see how Polnareff wins this.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

And, equally amusing but unrelated:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Loop of just Polnareff looking at the camera would be a great reaction gif.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Well done.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Sekkira posted:

That whole scene was loving weird.

What the gently caress Japan.

Indeed.

Aside from being really weird, I just don't see that happening. (Yes I know it's a show about punch ghosts). It's like he came up with the gag but had to shoe horn in the circumstances.

It was still entertaining, but it was much weirder than anything else in the show. Please tell me it's just some weird nudity/stranger/public bathing cultural thing I just don't get as an American.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well, public bathing is commonplace in Japan and they give much less of a poo poo about nudity than most Americans so, uh, yeah?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Woman bathe their kids all the time. It shouldn't be much weirder for a lady to bathe some kid she probably thinks lives on the streets.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 28, 2015

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

that first frame was really bugging me

delayed timing av version:

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Well, public bathing is commonplace in Japan and they give much less of a poo poo about nudity than most Americans so, uh, yeah?

I guess we'd need to consider Egypt's culture too. :v:

Butt Ghost posted:

Woman bathe their kids all the time. It shouldn't be much weirder for a lady to bathe some kid she probably thinks lives on the streets.

You know, when you boil it down to this simple idea it kind of seems plausible. Kind of like a lot of stuff in the show, so I'm going to roll with that and shut up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Get-A-Load-Of-This-Post" Cam

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Lemme see if I can make a transparent version

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
tbf, if Alessi had killed Polnareff while he was groping the Egyptian woman, it would have been the exact way Polnareff would have wanted to go.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anybody else notice Polnareff's baby wiener? It was a "blink and you'll miss it" gag, but it's cool to see that the JoJo team giving a little nod to Kill la Kill.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 28, 2015

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Anybody else notice Polnareff's baby wiener? It was a "blink and you'll miss it" gag, but it's cool to see that the JoJo team giving a little nod to Kill la Kill.

Nah, didn't notice it

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I appreciate your efforts.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm interested to see just what you mean by this.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Anime had those for a long time, like in Crayon Shin-chan or Dragonball(Pre-Z).
There are probably even older examples.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kill la Kill did not invent the penises of small children.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I feel like you guys are falling for the "Let me name all of the baby penises I know in Japanese media" trap.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

cmykjester posted:

I feel like you guys are falling for the "Let me name all of the baby penises I know in Japanese media" trap.

Um excuse me sir baby penises are not sexual and if you think they are then who's the REAL creep?

Here, I have a reddit link that proves it,

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

lol

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Actually it's a clever commentary on how some Jojo fans think everything is a reference to Jojo.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
YIKES has discovered the quantum joke.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Actually it's a clever commentary on how some Jojo fans think everything is a reference to Jojo.

I once read that someone thought the evokers in persona 3 were inspired by that scene where Jotaro shoots himself in the head

I used to think Persona was straight up inspired by jojo but turns out they were just similar concepts developed separate from each other, though I guess nowadays the devs working on Persona recognize the similarities and have a shoutout or two to jojo in their games

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

FirstAidKite posted:

I once read that someone thought the evokers in persona 3 were inspired by that scene where Jotaro shoots himself in the head

I used to think Persona was straight up inspired by jojo but turns out they were just similar concepts developed separate from each other, though I guess nowadays the devs working on Persona recognize the similarities and have a shoutout or two to jojo in their games

I'm pretty sure Kaneko's gone on record saying that Personas are inspired somewhat by stands though?

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I laughed at this episode more than I thought I would, all things considered.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYjE9SCU6o8

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

itskage posted:

I love DIO as much as the next straight yet questionably homosexual male, but my god man there's no way he's going to live up to this hype.

Put simply: if what we're getting now is the endless Namek bullshit from DBZ, DIO is an entire fight of "I'M GOKU AND I AM A SUPER SAIYAAAAAN!"

And what we're getting now is a whole lot better than Fake Namek. :getin:

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

itskage posted:

It was still entertaining, but it was much weirder than anything else in the show. Please tell me it's just some weird nudity/stranger/public bathing cultural thing I just don't get as an American.

It's a cultural thing.
I've grown up with public nude baths, saunas and nude beaches and the associated culture and I remember not really being all that fussed about being naked around strangers when I was a little kid. Kids don't really give a gently caress about things they don't understand. People that are used to it just don't really associate a lot of intimacy with it either.
A grown woman being comfortable just bathing some dumb kid didn't even register for me. Or at least it seemed less notable than that woman just being really nice to strangers in general, which, again, is just a cultural thing.

Stardust Crusaders is secretly just a travel manga. The punch ghosts are just an excuse to travel to egypt and find out the difference between nubians and entirely unrelated people from india.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

FirstAidKite posted:

I guess nowadays the devs working on Persona recognize the similarities and have a shoutout or two to jojo in their games

They loving copied them and it is so obvious that, when asked they say "yeaaaah, we were kinda inspired a little bit by them... but not much!". What do you expect them to say? The truth? So that Araki can sink his immortal fangs on them and ask for his :10bux:?

trucutru fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 28, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

trucutru posted:

They loving copied them and it is so obvious that, when asked they say "yeaaaah, we were kinda inspired a little bit by them... but not much!". What do you expect them to say? The truth? So that Araki can sink his immortal fangs on them and ask for his :10bux:?

I got it from an interview between araki and one of the persona devs

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FirstAidKite posted:

I got it from an interview between araki and one of the persona devs

That sounds interesting. Do you still have a link to it?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

cmykjester posted:

That sounds interesting. Do you still have a link to it?

Yeah here you go

Part 1
Part 2

There aren't any spoilers in that interview. There are a few character names mentioned but no story, no context, nothing, so don't worry about it spoiling anything if you read it. It's mostly Araki and Kaneko talking about what fashion brands they like, what places they've been to, and stuff like that.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I know like to think that Kaneko is Araki's Okuyasu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

trucutru posted:

Araki isn't exactly a litigious person, is he? I get the feeling his reaction would just be "oh, nice, I inspired another mega-popular thing! :unsmith:" more than anything.

• Locked thread