Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
It's too hot out to do a proper poll
This poll is closed.
Yesterday you said you'd call Sears 27 9.57%
I'll call tomorrow 11 3.90%
You'll call now 12 4.26%
I'll Call Now 19 6.74%
Another Scorcher 72 25.53%
Cool 34 12.06%
What the hell is this crap? I'm just here for Bowsette 107 37.94%
Total: 282 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oh and hey, also

tiy of chucklefish is just a general piece of poo poo, beyond this issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Massive respect to the Yakuza devs for reaching a point of mass international popularity and immediately throwing out the entire core gameplay system.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am bummed about the Yakuza combat change.

I have always struggled to stay engaged with that style of battle. I really did enjoy the silly beat em up styles of yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami2. I am slowly making my way through the series and have had nothing but fun with it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Do you think your parents would of known anything about making a game and the proper process for payment for it?

Yes my parents know that when you work somewhere you should get paid for it.

Obviously the :thermidor: targets here are the chucklefish people though

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I am bummed about the Yakuza combat change.

I have always struggled to stay engaged with that style of battle. I really did enjoy the silly beat em up styles of yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami2. I am slowly making my way through the series and have had nothing but fun with it.

Absoluetly, the action combat fits the theme much better as well. What are they thinking?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Finished Ape Out tonight. A solid hour and change of fun gameplay, doesn't overstay its welcome, loads of style.

Gamepass continues to be a worthwhile service

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Knocking around ragdolls in Y6, YK2, and Judgement felt so drat good too. Ffffuuuuccckk.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm really excited for JRPG Yakuza

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Andrast posted:

Yes my parents know that when you work somewhere you should get paid for it.

Where do you people keep missing that they thought they were gonna get paid for it

Again, you can call em naive, but of course they were naive; they were 16!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the brawler style of yakuza is great

for a few hours

and then by hour 10 it's like. gently caress. leave me alone random thugs

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I know other people loved Majima Everywhere but I literally had to fight him three times in the space of ten minutes, and this was when he had three life bars

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Where do you people keep missing that they thought they were gonna get paid for it

Again, you can call em naive, but of course they were naive; they were 16!

That's why I posted about the parents and not the kids! Working for promises is basically the same as working for nothing.

It's entirely 100% on Chucklefish and nobody else though, gently caress them

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the parents thing was a dumb question because lol they're 16, they aren't telling their parents about the video game they're making

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

The 7th Guest posted:

remember in the 2000s when forums required parents' signatures to register if the person was 13 or younger

how many people do you think actually kept their age as 13 or younger in the input box and asked their parents for a signature vs. saying "i'm older than 13"

I did once but my mom told me no because she was afraid of someone stealing her identity online. Then a friend told me that I could just lie and I did but I felt quite bad about it

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Also seriously, I'm sure it'll hopefully change, but I don't feel the new not-Kiryu's design at all, he looks like a greasy pimp Kiryu would be slamming into a telephone pole or something.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Andrast posted:

I'm really excited for JRPG Yakuza

Turn-based battles without honor and humanity.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

now you can be sure the yakuza protagonist never kills, by having the other members of his party deal the finishing blow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

Also seriously, I'm sure it'll hopefully change, but I don't feel the new not-Kiryu's design at all, he looks like a greasy pimp Kiryu would be slamming into a telephone pole or something.

This new guy is so much cooler than Kiryu already

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They shoulda ditched Kiryu after like 2, he was always the worst part of Yakuza. This guy seems like he fits way more into their aesthetic

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I hope that Dragon Quest is actually in the game and that's why they went JRPG

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

In Training posted:

This new guy is so much cooler than Kiryu already

In Training posted:

They shoulda ditched Kiryu after like 2, he was always the worst part of Yakuza. This guy seems like he fits way more into their aesthetic

Big hell naw, the man too good for his line of work was the best.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

they kept trying to, yakuza 3 is totally a kiryu sendoff game, and then they brought kiryu back to ease people into the cast of characters in 4, and no one really liked them so they made him the star of 5 again

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Kiryu is probably in the top ten best video game characters of all time

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would die IRL for Kiryu

But when will I be able to Yakuza as a woman

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I would die IRL for Kiryu

But when will I be able to Yakuza as a woman

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Isn't it 5 actually

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that was a test, you passed

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I put like 200 hours combined into those two games, what am I forgetting

e: haruka doesn't count!!

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Aug 29, 2019

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

In Training posted:

:prepop:

I never thought I would see something like this.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Prequel game with Miss Tatsu from 0

Yakuza -1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's a total blank slate character which works for a lot of game narratives, but not for a series with 100000000000 hours of voiced dialogue and cut scenes and sidestories and a decade of Lore.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

mutata posted:

Hey this is forever ago but this tweet thread is about Chucklefish and the guy who runs it which is not at all the same guy or company as what makes Terraria.

Chucklefish has a known bad reputation in various threads around here. The company is generally grubby and exploitative.

He was the main artist for Terraria, but he left that team a long time ago (Fairly early into that game's lifespan), and all of his work got replaced at various points.

Also yeah, gently caress Chucklefish. They've screwed quite a few people and developers over.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Capcom appears to be building up to something Resident Evil related.

https://www.project-resistance.com/en/

Trailer on September 9th and then it'll be at TGS.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

HMS Beagle posted:

Capcom appears to be building up to something Resident Evil related.

https://www.project-resistance.com/en/

Trailer on September 9th and then it'll be at TGS.
this is just going to be some Umbrella Corps poo poo, guaranteed

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

How is Kiryu a blank slate, he has a very well-developed personality that the player can only minimally affect

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The 7th Guest posted:

this is just going to be some Umbrella Corps poo poo, guaranteed

Considering monster hunter World was their most successful game ever, and RE7/RE2 was a resurgence in popular and critical appreciation of RE, this means surely, they're going to make THE, spectacular, picture perfect follow up to Outbreak 2...the time is now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't like him therefore he's a blank slate

Turn-based combat sucks I am not happy about the new direction

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Despite making a hugely successful and also very good co-op game I bet Capcom is still dumb enough to jump right back into bad competitive stuff.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kiryu, more like Garystu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kiryu also has an insanely detailed backstory and life. Hes stoic, not blank slate.

He also should have stopped being the main character after 3 and just a random cutaway orphan management simulator minigame in future titles.