Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Guessing they did that because if you could advance it like that supremacy would be nothing but suicide pacts jumping off cliffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Non GG stuff: I've been trying to finish off some old titles this season, and the last two weeks have been working on Harbinger and doing the Master Nightmare Hunt Time Trials triumphs. With one exception, it's a good example of old content staying relevant and challenging, despite two years of power creep.

It's fast to play (most of them are 8-10 minutes), but still reasonably hard: the content is 1840 with an 1820 light cap, champions, and a bit of randomization where it intersects with the patrol zones. You're got a time limit, but you have infinite revives, so it encourages just going ham on everything, and as long as one person survives to rez the others, you're good.

The one exception is Crota, which is a pain in the rear end with the Lightfall resilience nerf.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 9, 2023

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
So is it just me or are the progress for the Neptune and nightfall gg quests going super slow? I have gotten almost everything else done and I'm still sitting on 50 and 60% complete on these two. All I've done is play the competitive nightfall playlist the last few days exclusively and I just feel like I'm making minimal progress. Of course! Yeah you're not expected to get all this done in one week, but I have vacation scheduled 😞

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's super slow. I think it's 15 nightfalls and each is 7% neptune progress

This was actually the best week to do it since each session contributes to both neptune and nightfalls. Presumably they'll split up tomorrow and then you'll have to grind lost sectors or whatever

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah. I'm trying to bang it all out this week and it's been an experience. I have grown to hate that driving part in the middle of the strike.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Right before the sparrow section, there's a bit where you use vex heads to clear out a bunch of taken blights. One of the heads will not despawn after clearing all the blights (popular opinion is that it's random, I strongly believe it's always the leftmost minotaur in the back of the room whose head survives). If you take that with you up the jumper, you can shoot the blight above the race track with it and prevent all the awful donut projectiles from firing.
It's still the worst part of the strike but it becomes a much more leisurely drive this way.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

There's also this shortcut:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52r9YPYtFBM

It's weird cause I nailed it first try after noticing someone else do it. After that I kept loving it up until I realized that you can also just get off the sparrow, get onto the ledge of the platform, and then kind of mantle up some random crap. It's a little finnicky, but even if you aren't quick you'll can still arrive much sooner then people running the full course.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks. Went on Bray.Tech and it looks like I only need 4 more of these to complete. Inbetween fighting teammates trying to combo the yellow bars before they kill them to get platinum and that stupid section I'm taking a long break after this is done.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm pretty sure getting platinum doesn't matter past doing it once or something. Feels nice to make score big, but if teammates want to fight me to kill champs asap, then I guess they don't need the score either so I won't bother. Plus it's pretty easy to hit plat in spite of that with some good add clear weapons during the boss fight.

Someone mentioned Chain Reaction Foreberance, and I've usually not been a fan cause I like my BGLs with auto-loading, but that thing totally slaps this week.

That all said, I'm really miffed the vanguard rep was broken for the first half of the week. I haven't completed a vanguard reset yet, so I still have a lot of rep to grind if I want my glaive ornament.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

fffffffuck theres only 2 weeks till season end?

anyone knows if we get bonus vanguard points in any of them? I want to get the glaive :<

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

frajaq posted:

anyone knows if we get bonus vanguard points in any of them? I want to get the glaive :<

I think the last week of the season they do double points for Vanguard/Crucible/Gambit. Next week is double Nightfall rewards, so yeah.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

gently caress that Battletoads poo poo

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

frajaq posted:

if it helps I was also getting like 650 rep per clear for a platinum Guardian Games competitive run once my activity streak hit 5, so it’ll be very doable for you

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

frajaq posted:

The vanguard glaive is definitely doable since you should just be able to grind for the thing if you're dedicated.

If you're a glaive fan i'd actually recommend avoiding the seasonal "secret" exotic however. The Vexcalibur secret exotic mission is easily the most obnoxious thing i've encountered in the game. I'd actually recommend passing on it if you're the sort who doesn't have immense amounts of patience.

To give an idea of some of the fun the Vexcalibur mission has:

It's a long mission where infinite ads swarm you, you have to deal with precariously situated high damage snipers, and everyone and their mother has a loving AOE attack that negates cover that someone clearly thought was fun since they repeated that particular enemy type over and over. Also, let's force the player to waste time idling around a glorified three wave of simon says that takes like seven seconds to spawn in the keys even when you shoot it, doing this a total of about 12-15 times while taking fire from adds. Meaning that you can't just sit there and speed run it without risking death. Then let's send even more absurd numbers of adds (Hope you remembered to bring a void aligned gun that can pop shields otherwise that's a likely wipe.) many of which whom have AOE attacks. Then, let's make you fight Brakion who will snipe your rear end since he apparently can account for sprinting, dodging, and things like hiding behind solid cover while more adds swarm you.

Then if you die for whatever reason, you get to start all over. Not at a checkpoint like in the Seraph seasonal for Rev Zero, but all over from the start, meaning you have to wait through the stupid loving simon says game all over again along with everything else because gently caress you and suck a radiolarian dick guardian. :argh:

It's like someone looked at last season's seasonal mission, nodded sagely, and then took out all the stuff that made it tolerable or interesting before doubling up on the horrible parts of it, and then didn't bother to playtest it for balance. It says something (I'm not sure it's a good something, mind you.) that a number of guides recommend coming in with absurd meta and god rolled guns or just cheesing the gently caress out of it where possible since it's that much of an unfun mess.

Worst part is i'm sure there's some broke brained soul out there that thinks that doing that godawful slog of a mission to get a glaive is a prestige award or some other stupid fuckery.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 9, 2023

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Archonex posted:

Vexcalibur

Agreed. I did it once solo for the glaive and to just experience it (and that was only by cheesing Brakion at the end) and it was miserable. And that was on normal.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
You need to have plans for how to deal with the various situations you'll find yourself in (most of those plans involve Commemoration and/or Osteo Striga), but I didn't find soloing normal that bad.

Definitely want a guide for the secrets to unlock the various non-catalyst upgrades, though.

I don't think it's harder than Whisper.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Archonex posted:

Then if you die for whatever reason, you get to start all over. Not at a checkpoint like in the Seraph seasonal for Rev Zero, but all over from the start, meaning you have to wait through the stupid loving simon says game all over again along with everything else because gently caress you and suck a radiolarian dick guardian. :argh:

to be clear your progress is only wiped if you back out of the mission. you get respawn checkpoints after you clear encounters

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Kith posted:

to be clear your progress is only wiped if you back out of the mission. you get respawn checkpoints after you clear encounters

This is not true. I cleared the simon says, progressed a bit, and then got reset on death from a bad spawn on top of me wiping me before I could even react to it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It does suck that you have to do 2 code entries in a row with no checkpoint, but there’s a checkpoint after that

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Archonex posted:

This is not true. I cleared the simon says, progressed a bit, and then got reset on death from a bad spawn on top of me wiping me before I could even react to it.

i have many failed solo flawless avalon attempts under my belt, please believe me when i say that the checkpoints do in fact exist

their placements suck and what is considered to be an "encounter" is unnecessarily long, but they ARE real

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Archonex posted:

you do two rounds of three code inputs, then kill two yellow bar wyverns and a poo poo ton of adds. you get the checkpoint upon killing the second wyvern.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

PERMACAV 50 posted:

you do two rounds of three code inputs, then kill two yellow bar wyverns and a poo poo ton of adds. you get the checkpoint upon killing the second wyvern.

I did that and apparently it reset me when I died. Did I run into a bug or is something else triggering it?

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

haveblue posted:

Most of its value is exotic weapons and endgame activities, so only if you decide you're really into the game and ready to stick with it for a while, making builds and doing organized team stuff

For a new player would it better to buy the legacy pack or the new expansion, seeing as Bungie is vaulting older exotics?

Edit: By legacy I mean the older expansions.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 9, 2023

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
For new players you will have a 100% better time buying the annual deluxe edition (or whatever they call it) then buying any of the previous expansions. Especially because there's a new season/dungeon releasing in two weeks.

I would only get the legacy pack if you run out of stuff to do and want more content

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I think the legacy pack goes on sale for $8 every so often

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The code entry is annoying but Vexcalibur, at least on normal mode, really isn't that bad. There's no champions, very few exploders, only one type of shield, just throw on the Devour fragment and a void machine gun and you can cut through everything pretty effortlessly.

It's just time consuming.

Also, it's kinda overshadowed by how stupidly good Volatile Flow machine guns are but I really think there's a strong, fun Titan build to be had with Vexcalibur. There's something very cathartic about just having an infinite over shield as you wack enemies over and over.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 9, 2023

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I still haven’t got it because I got to, what I now know is the checkpoint, the 2nd yellow bar Wyvern before getting booted off the edge of the map and getting Big Mad.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Archonex posted:

I did that and apparently it reset me when I died. Did I run into a bug or is something else triggering it?

Sounds like a bug, I’m 99% sure the checkpoint is supposed to trigger when that “objective complete” or whatever shows up after the second wyvern dies.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

So I hear all the time about "God Roll" weapons and such. Now that I'm at powerful cap and continuing my quest to go from Not poo poo at Destiny to pretty decent, I have no idea what traits are desirable in guns. Is there like a cheat sheet that says like SMG with XYZ is awesome but with ABC its garbage?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

LionYeti posted:

So I hear all the time about "God Roll" weapons and such. Now that I'm at powerful cap and continuing my quest to go from Not poo poo at Destiny to pretty decent, I have no idea what traits are desirable in guns. Is there like a cheat sheet that says like SMG with XYZ is awesome but with ABC its garbage?

The "wishlist" feature in DIM will put little thumbs up on your things, they're not perfect but they're a good place to start. It's not too hard to guess what's good yourself though, in general for PvE you want a reload perk and a damage perk.

For PvP the secret cracked perk is rangefinder because how magnification (zoom) is currently used in all the under the hood calculations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LionYeti posted:

The closest thing to a cheat sheet are the perk ratings on sites like light.gg, which will tell you what the community thinks counts as a good roll for a particular gun. Other than that it's just reading the perk descriptions, noticing when perks support or conflict with each other, and deciding what aspect of a gun is important to you and worth focusing on

As an extremely general rule of thumb, for PVP you want perks that improve speed and reliability (handling, range, accuracy), since your enemies are few in number but highly maneuverable and can kill you very quickly. And for PVE you want perks that sustain DPS (damage boost, ammo supply/reload, subclass verbs) because your enemies are either weak and numerous or very durable but slow and easy to evade

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

LionYeti posted:

The discord has a bunch of bunch of recommendations for crafted rolls that you can maybe use to get a sense for what sort of things are recommended for PVE/PVP, but it mostly comes down to PVE vs PVP and what you want to do with a gun.

A lot of it just comes down to seeing what perks are available on a gun (you can check light.gg) and considering if they play to the strengths of that gun. Volshot requires a reload, so try to pair it with a reload perk. But then also use light.gg to look at the numbers on perks. Perpetual Motion might sound nice since it's an easy to activate reload perk, but threat detector is more powerful if you're going to be in close most of the time with something like an SMG or Sidearm.

Some perks are probably gonna be a bit more obvious too - vorpal on a primary is usually going to be pretty trash since you don't use primaries for boss dps.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

God rolls are basically just rolls people have vetted as really good. If you just do a google of "D2 (gun name) god roll" you'll get results, and most will say the same thing. Also most of the time you're really caring about the two main traits in column 3 and 4. The best barrel and mag and masterwork are great, but not really the end of the world.

Also sometimes you might find you like stuff on weapons that others don't, and that's okay too. Graverobber is a pet favourite trait of mine on Solar and Arc weapons specifically, because of how often (as a Hunter) I'm punching to restore health as Arc, or throwing a knife or three for radiant buffs as Solar. So suddenly remote reloads all the time become handy as hell, especially on Solar.

There's also the classic debate of "this is terrible and bad" and while sometimes that is true, sometimes there's an invisible but implied "for the hardest end game content". D2 is a shooter more than an RPG, and while great rolls help most content, and definitely matchmade stuff, you can just use whatever. Your armour mod loadout will be a limiting factor long before the guns are.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Oxyclean posted:

Some perks are probably gonna be a bit more obvious too - vorpal on a primary is usually going to be pretty trash since you don't use primaries for boss dps.

There are exceptions, like DMT or a 4TtC/Vorpal 7th Seraph Officer Revolver to use with Lucky Pants.

One thing that I try and look for in rolls is "What can this gun do that others either can't or don't do as well?". Perks that are rare or even unique for their archetype, perks that are in a different column than usual (e.g., damage perks in the left column instead of the right), or perk combos that are otherwise unusual. Sometimes there are synergies, either obvious (Reconstruction + Chill Clip to be able to slow/freeze nonstop until you're almost completely out of ammo) or arcane (Gutshot Straight + Explosive Payload effectively giving your gun perma-Frenzy).

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Vorpal applies to Champions so it's very good on primaries in that context

Not Unstoppables so much, but big time on Overloads and Barriers

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Vorpal also applies to players in super, which doesn't help often but when it does it's really funny

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Generally the best things to have on a gun, at least for PvE, are uptime and damage. Uptime is stuff that keeps your gun firing as much as possible which can be an increase to reload speed like outlaw or feeding frenzy or something that will load it while it's stowed like auto loading holster, reconstruction or envious assassin. Damage can come in a million forms. Rampage, Frenzy or Kill Clip or something that interacts with your keywords like Voltshot or Incandescent, or your abilities like Pugilist or Demolitionist. Swashbuckler, Demolitionist and Adrenaline Junkie will reward you for using your abilities in the other direction.

You can also accomplish some of these things with mods, via a surge or a holster mod.

It's more about what purpose you need your gun to serve in the wider scope of your loadout than any specific one size fits all god roll. And fortunately for most content, most rolls will work just fine so you can experiment as much as you want.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

LionYeti posted:

It's all personal and siituational, varies a lot by weapon. Basically nothing I say here is hard and fast, and others will have different opinions. I'm trying here to be most generally helpful, speaking as if I was speaking to myself before I sunk stupid amounts of time into the game. I read back over this and realized I left some categories/effects/triggers out but I'm trying to not turn this into a book, I'm doing it from memory.

Some perks/combos are standalone good, some are more niche build-enabling things. The broadest and most accurate advice is to just try everything, pay attention to what it's doing for you, and build your own preferences. This has taken me like thousands of hours and I still only understand a pretty small subset. That being said, here are some things you can start with.

You'll find that you can bucket perks into a couple different category types: passive, activate some way you can control without damaging, activate on damage, and activate on kill. Then you can bucket effects: reload/swap/ADS effects, damage increasing effects, and I guess "other," including subclass synergy stuff (destabilizing rounds, incandescent, jolt). This isn't exhaustive but will get you started. There are also broad buckets of general pvp-good and pve-good things (more on that in a minute). There is also sort of a spectrum of where something tends to be useful in terms of content difficulty. Not as clear and bright lines here. Lastly perk synergy.

I know it sucks to continuously look stuff up, but light.gg, search for the weapon under consideration, and you will see "someone's" definition of what are good pve (blue icon), pvp (red icon), or both (gold icon) perks. It's not perfect but for someone asking your question, it's a reasonable thing to look at to start. If you are in the overchill discord (link probably in the OP?) there's a link to someone's crafting spreadsheet that rules. Column 3 and 4 (perks maybe? things that can trigger and provide an effect) are generally far more important (to me) than column 1 and 2 (traits maybe? they mainly affect stats, but can have some effects, in which case I would call that specific one important as well...example is disorienting grenades available on certain breech-loading grenade launchers). It usually winds up in general practice that for PvE you are looking at/for a reload perk and damage perk that work well for your playstyle. You will also find (usually tied to difficulty of obtaining the weapon), hotter/more synergistic perk combinations. Like raid, trials, nightfall weapons tend to just have straight up better/more synergystic options, but at your stage I wouldn't get hung up on it, just a thing that's worth pointing out.

Going back to the sort of "dimension" of perk types...

Activation trigger. Think about what's easy to activate and what you can reasonably expect to happen. Some things trigger when you do damage with another weapon, or when you swap to this weapon, or ADS (snapshot sights). These are super easy to activate, and you have control over triggering these at will. Some things trigger when doing damage, again fairly easy but you need to be exposed to do it. Some things activate on kills. Somewhat harder, and gets less valuable the harder the content (nightfalls, pvp for me). For instance, it may take a good amount of time and you don't get very frequent activations in Grandmaster Nightfalls with primary ammo weapons even on red-bar trash, and you and your teammates are going to likely be swapping stealing each other's kills. For me, before I got a lot of experience in pvp, all "on kill" perks were basically "dead/wasted," because I rarely secured kills.

Effects. This can boost reload/swap/ADS speed, reload for you, increase damage, activate some subclass synergy, or other. I am lazy and the first perk I fell in love with was auto-loading holster, which reloads a weapon after it's stowed for like 2 seconds (you hear a thunk to indicate it). Initially I loved it on anything, because my stuff was always loaded provide I didn't swap back and forth like a madman. Super powerful on special and heavy weapons, since you can empty the magazine to burst, swap back to something else, do some work, and meanwhile your burst damage machine is reloaded ready to go again. Obviously the subclass synergy things (destabilizing/incandescent/jolt/slow-freeze/unravel-hatchling-type) strongly synergize with certain subclass stuff but don't be afraid to run a favorite/strong one just for its effects. An example is the voltshot Seventh Seraph SMG, or incandescent on like BXR or Ammit or Calus MiniTool, or chill clip on Riptide, which are strong even if they are not straight-up aligned with your subclass. So again to reiterate, if you look at light.gg you can sort of see 1-3 perks from each column that you may want to prioritize.

Usefulness across difficulty. I touched on this talking about "on kill" perks being harder to trigger in light Grandmaster Nightfalls/light-deficit activities. Further, from personal experience I would also sort of consider this random following assortment of perks to be geared towards being more valuable in harder content. Doesn't mean useless in lower content but you will get a feel for how often it happens and how much it helps running around in patrol/strikes as well. Things like disorienting grenades (buys you time to reposition/reload/regroup/heal/gain ability, cancels out a group of flanking damage, shuts down annoying abilities, etc). Fun in low end stuff, but can be extremely useful in harder content. An autoloading/disorienting grenade launcher carried me through certain legendary campaign missions. Adaptive munitions used to be only really useful for match game, and now that it's gone, I haven't really played with it much, but that's another example where it didn't matter at all in low end, but gave you options in high end. Shoot to loot is fun and interesting everywhere, but if you are in cover and getting a lot of ranged kills in harder content, there is gonna be ammo out there you can't safely recover, using this you can just shoot it. Things that split damage into a direct and explosive component (timed or explosive payload, maybe kinetic tremors, I haven't tried that yet) are valuable for the GM-style (shoot at long range from cover) play. There is no damage falloff for the explosive part so it can push damage out farther than usual for a given weapon type. A good example (probably not currently relevant) is something like hand cannons, a mid range weapon and one of the only types with a lower long-range multiplier (does less than half damage at long ranges, most weapons do half damage). Bringing a hand cannon into a GM, one with explosive payload can project damage further and start to be more effective at longer ranges, sort of freeing you up from having to cover "long range" with another weapon type, or saving you some time in any case to not have to plink away for 30 seconds to kill a red bar sniper, maybe now it takes 15 idk. Another example is group-based perks like Firing Line. I'm way more likely to be in a group and activating Firing Line in a raid or GM. Conversely, this is a dead perk if I'm soloing a dungeon or Legend Lost Sector or whatever, so I have two Taipans, one with Firing Line, the other with something else that I can get going solo.

Perk synergy is pretty easy. This is just "do the perks work well together." The answer here can be a spectrum but you'll start to see patterns. Like stats for all/one for all on an add-clearing weapon, surrounded along with a melee-focused perk, that kind of thing. I can't think of any impossible-to-synergize combos on actual weapons off the top of my head but from memory, I have definitely gotten rolls where I looked at it and was like "these things can never happen together," or having one makes other one useless. These aren't necessarily "delete at all costs" guns, just like things not to keep when you have a more synergistic copy. Another synergy that I'm not sure exists is something like auto-loading holster/voltshot. Both great but voltshot won't trigger from the auto reload. You can still get the benefit of each but they don't necessarily play together as cool as they sound on paper.

You will eventually figure all this stuff out and get the confidence to deviate from advice based on your preferences. As an example, my sort of "aha" moment came after I crafted my Calus Mini-Tool. I think the general consensus is Enhanced Surrounded/Enhanced Incandescent, which is great and fun. However, I made one specifically for my Solar Titan with Enhanced Graverobber/Enhanced Incandescent. Graverobber reloads the gun on a powered melee kill. Solar titan has infinite powered melee, and I use it constantly to trigger other effects as part of my kit. Once I get in the groove with that thing, it is something that rarely needs a manual reload. That being said, while this is a personal favorite of mine, I have a tough time bringing into a GM or something. Not only due to the relative rarity of getting melee kills without getting deleted myself, but also Incandescent triggering on kills (rarer in higher-end content) and just the risk of exposure to get into SMG range sometimes. The last two are not really perk-specific but call back to earlier points (ease of trigger combined with content difficulty).

Generally people are helpful if you just paste rolls into the need2know channel in the discord, or just ask questions. It's far harder to generalize about these things than give advice on a specific gun. Even then, it varies with how and where you're going to use it, and what you like.

uwaeve fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 9, 2023

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

There are exceptions, like DMT or a 4TtC/Vorpal 7th Seraph Officer Revolver to use with Lucky Pants.

I thought DMT lost its precision damage bonus a while back, and I thought the big deal with vorpal was stacking with the bonus. Is vorpal still considered useful for DMT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Pioneer42 posted:

I thought DMT lost its precision damage bonus a while back, and I thought the big deal with vorpal was stacking with the bonus. Is vorpal still considered useful for DMT?

Yes!

Exotic Primaries do 40% extra damage to red bars, and Vorpal will let Primaries do ... what, 25%? extra damage to champs & bosses, so it lets DMT hit a wider variety of targets, like a truck