Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

The logo 100% looks like hh but "the word iron in the name" feels ridiculous tbh

Edit: gently caress. Sorry for this stupid snipe.

InediblePenguin has a new favorite as of 13:16 on Sep 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
I'm watching a music video by them now, and it looks like some of the band members are wearing Hawaiian print shirts . . . I think you all might be onto something . . .

I think next I am going to try to look for secret messages praising Hitler in the lyrics to some of their greatest hits.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
edit: duly noted replaced w good ska

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2oXzrnti4

Douche Wolf 89 has a new favorite as of 13:23 on Sep 2, 2022

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Ok, enough about the band. I don't know anything about Ska culture or history and that music is still nails on glass noise to me, much like this conversation where y'all are grasping for straws looking for new ways to insulting people. Go find some other dumb people's stuff to make fun of

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Ok, enough about the band. I don't know anything about Ska culture or history and that music is still nails on glass noise to me, much like this conversation where y'all are grasping for straws looking for new ways to insulting people. Go find some other dumb people's stuff to make fun of

It's literally one superfan getting butthurt about the sanctity of ska bands

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Heath posted:

Just staring intensely at the logos of bands like five people on earth give a poo poo about, trying desperately to determine if they're a threat

Is that better or worse than going to bat for a band that only five people on earth give a poo poo about?

I just saw the mod post but I am pretty pleased with how this post came out so if it's probing time, I accept my fate.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I'm amused that even the guy defending the eight person band says only five people give a poo poo about it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

I'm amused that even the guy defending the eight person band says only five people give a poo poo about it.

None of the 5 are in the band, either

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So that's why they're named that!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/KhoaVuUmn/status/1565592039760318465

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
An entire day of tweets to the tune of "red lights are scary".

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

We talking about ska in here?!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBt-mXIY-tI

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I regularly describe libertarianism as the "I got mine" of politics. It's just a horseshit philosophy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

At least all this recent poo poo is getting everyone to admit in the open that Biden isn't being hyperbolic when he says right-wingers literally do not want democracy

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Neito posted:

I regularly describe libertarianism as the "I got mine" of politics. It's just a horseshit philosophy.

I consider libertarianism as appealing to people who have no concept of empathy or community.

I figure that a government should care for and provide for its people. I don't get the sense that libertarianism feels this way.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they're just like regular conservatives, they throw a fit when they feel guilty about something

their fits are just more verbose

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
libertarianism is whatever you believe but with a katana collection

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I consider libertarianism as appealing to people who have no concept of empathy or community.

I figure that a government should care for and provide for its people. I don't get the sense that libertarianism feels this way.

Libertarianism is a direct rejection of the idea that "communities" are real; that we can have functioning, mutually-helpful organizations at a scale larger than maybe a family. It is, ultimately, the Conservative projection at it's most extreme: everybody's as selfish and spoiled as I am, I'm just the only one smart and brave enough to admit it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Well no, they feel exactly the opposite

If you are the kind of person who needs the government's help, you should just die

After all, IIIIIIIII pulled myself up by my bootstraps, you should be able to too :smug:

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Data Graham posted:

Well no, they feel exactly the opposite

If you are the kind of person who needs the government's help, you should just die

After all, IIIIIIIII pulled myself up by my bootstraps, you should be able to too :smug:

I keep trying trying to take this advice but I keep doing somersaults instead - maybe I'm missing something?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Libertarians are really obsessed with a very selective interpretation of being "forced" to do things. A simple example being that they think they are forced to pay taxes, yet they don't think wage labor is forced. Which is, in of itself a contradiction - if you're forced to pay taxes then you're indirectly forced to come up with the money to pay for it, right?

And their issue with democracy is the saying, "Democracy is a bunch of wolves and one sheep voting what to eat for dinner". They think it will condone violence against the minority, but they see themselves as that minority therefore it is bad. If one John Galt is voting among ten morons, why should the morons collectively get a greater say in spite of cumulatively contributing less? Is another one of their arguments.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013
ASK ME WHAT I DID TO KEEP MY STAR AFTER EDITING OTHER PEOPLES POSTS

8============D
Liberty as in "taking liberties"

Liberty for the deserving, including the liberty to own people.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

I keep trying trying to take this advice but I keep doing somersaults instead - maybe I'm missing something?

That's the joke. Pulling one's self up by their bootstraps is a metaphor for an impossible task. i.e. No one has ever become "self made" they have always benefited from outside resources or assistance.

Libertarianism is just a bunch of "gently caress you I won't do what you tell me, but do what I tell you" whiny babies who think that if they don't see a check that reads "your share of tax revenue" that taxes are therefore theft of their wages and that if a bad thing is not happening to them, then it's not a thing that happens.

It's like this town in New Hampshire that had a bunch of libertarians move in and make it their libertarian paradise, slashing funding for all city services, including essential things like trash collection. Only to realize that left to their own devices, people are just going to dump poo poo anywhere and attract bears....

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/21534416/free-state-project-new-hampshire-libertarians-matthew-hongoltz-hetling

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

How did i not know the music video for this ruled so much?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

cult_hero posted:

That's the joke. Pulling one's self up by their bootstraps is a metaphor for an impossible task. i.e. No one has ever become "self made" they have always benefited from outside resources or assistance.

Libertarianism is just a bunch of "gently caress you I won't do what you tell me, but do what I tell you" whiny babies who think that if they don't see a check that reads "your share of tax revenue" that taxes are therefore theft of their wages and that if a bad thing is not happening to them, then it's not a thing that happens.

It's like this town in New Hampshire that had a bunch of libertarians move in and make it their libertarian paradise, slashing funding for all city services, including essential things like trash collection. Only to realize that left to their own devices, people are just going to dump poo poo anywhere and attract bears....

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/21534416/free-state-project-new-hampshire-libertarians-matthew-hongoltz-hetling

I view it as more that Libertarians view freedom as "negative freedom", that is, that they have freedom "from" something, such as paying taxes, or caring about someone's feelings, or taking out the trash because I can't just pause it DAD, it's an ONLINE GAME JEEEEZZZ. In such a worldview, a positive duty or obligation is the same as enslavement.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

libertarianism is whatever you believe but with a katana collection

That's a drat fine definition.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Dixville posted:

How did i not know the music video for this ruled so much?

This one is good too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cntvEDbagAw

And topical, because youtube comments are fertile ground for idiots of various degrees:

(This song isn't in LSTSB, but Ghost Town is.)

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Goons lol

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Johnny should give that guy a refund, ska predates reggae.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Baron von Eevl posted:

Johnny should give that guy a refund, ska predates reggae.

Dick Clark there probably underpaid. That's what you get.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

That was fun right up until the shakycam and discordant screaming.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

So I guess gladiator-"inverted penises"-game blackpill man isn't taking getting his games kicked off Steam very well. Man is on one over on Gab.

This the guy who likes to do stuff like this

and make Big Tweets with replies from people like Scott Adams

and already got warned by Steam two weeks ago, including getting banned from his own game's forum for flagging every negative review as fake. He was in there calling everyone who didn't explicitly agree with him cucks or cowards or trannies.

He was bragging on Gab about how he managed to unlock his dev account before they promptly shut that down too. Even on the worst shitposting sites where they love this kind of poo poo, way more people are calling him out as stupid than just saying 'based'. There are articles in Chinese talking about what an idiot he is.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

8============D
Jim Sterling should start painting sillhouettes on their hat tbh.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

What the gently caress?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

8============D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAKjhFcscnI

For something approaching context.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

valve are extremely hands-off with moderating steam, a developer managing to get permabanned is a hell of an achievement

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Heath posted:

Just staring intensely at the logos of bands like five people on earth give a poo poo about, trying desperately to determine if they're a threat

Shut up

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Goons getting absolutely indignant that people would judge them based on whatever content they shove in their gaping maw is the best content this thread has had in months

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
You can't eat ska, it's not FDA or EU Food Thing approved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
what’s wrong, honey? you haven’t even touched your Bim Skala Bim