Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

the dlc looks really good and i am excited to cut a man with a bigger sword than normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Metallia posted:

the dlc looks really good and i am excited to cut a man with a bigger sword than normal

I'm really looking forward to trying out the odachi. I like slower/medium speed weapons but the axe never really did it for me.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Takes No Damage posted:

So WotS is more like Twilight Mission: The Game instead of "here fight these 5 guys at once, hope you know how to dodge Bolt projectiles by sound alone :iamafag: "?

Pretty much, yeah. :haw:

Those missions become level 310 in WOTS. They're by no means representative of the entire thing, especially when your gear catches up a little.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Here's the official stream showing off new content. It's in Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q403ij7-xCE

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

There's also a trailer that definitely spoils everything so don't watch if you care

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdf1Po7KtBM

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wait, the DLC is out tomorrow?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Yeah

DLC chapter unlocks after completing the story so I guess take a stab at its recommended level from that. Odachi will be available from the beginning of the game. They're adding yet another higher difficulty.

Also tons of balance adjustments and bugfixes coming in the patch. If you are an extremely high level (233+) you might load your game to find it a little lower because they're making some change to the amrita costs. You'll be gifted a respec book if that happens.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 1, 2017

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
gently caress me, that crept up quietly. Just in time for a new clan war too. :black101:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Oh dope you can just pick the new weapon type at the start?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Dunno, patch notes just say from the beginning. Here they are: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/nioh/update.html

There's a lot just in the free update. New features, menu changes, titles, skills???

And pvp of course

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 1, 2017

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wow, that is pretty drat substantial if completely unintelligible. :v:

Definitely throwing money at the dudes for it.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
For anyone who is wondering about the length of the DLC, at one point in the video they showed the map, and there seem to be 3 main missions and 6 side missions.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lets hang out posted:

There's also a trailer that definitely spoils everything so don't watch if you care

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdf1Po7KtBM

loving YES THEY DID IT.

loving CAT BRO IS BACK AND HE'S A SPIRIT.

:cry: GOTY for me goddamn.

Edit: Oh man free female skins, awesome!

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 1, 2017

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

i hope the odachi set armor is decent

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I hope there's a proper Miyamoto Musashi fight now, he was a teenager in a sidequest in the base game and I think the DLC is 10 years after so he should be in his 20s going around duelin

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lakbay posted:

I hope there's a proper Miyamoto Musashi fight now, he was a teenager in a sidequest in the base game and I think the DLC is 10 years after so he should be in his 20s going around duelin

I assume they'll save that for the Siege of Osaka DLC. He's rumoured to have fought there on the Toyotomi side.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Incidentally, what is that 'default' outfit that William wears in the gallery and elsewhere? The black and red one?

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
Leave until the last 24 hours before Team Ninja decides to give all the details on the DLC and update. I don't think I've ever gotten this crazy excited just from reading patch notes but for this game it sure did.

Seriously, with how good this game was at launch, so many of these other improvements would've been saved for the sequel if this was done by some other developer. Nioh's looking more and more like a game built to last I feel like, and if they can do this stuff repeatedly for the next 2 DLCs then oh man.

Darth Walrus posted:

Incidentally, what is that 'default' outfit that William wears in the gallery and elsewhere? The black and red one?
I think it's the Unusual Armor set. The description states near the end that "the look suits William well" and the color scheme does match up (the massive pauldron on the left shoulder is the big indicator).

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Nioh is...extremely good.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ArclightBorealis posted:

Leave until the last 24 hours before Team Ninja decides to give all the details on the DLC and update. I don't think I've ever gotten this crazy excited just from reading patch notes but for this game it sure did.

Seriously, with how good this game was at launch, so many of these other improvements would've been saved for the sequel if this was done by some other developer. Nioh's looking more and more like a game built to last I feel like, and if they can do this stuff repeatedly for the next 2 DLCs then oh man.
I think it's the Unusual Armor set. The description states near the end that "the look suits William well" and the color scheme does match up (the massive pauldron on the left shoulder is the big indicator).

It's not. The Unusual Armour is heavier. Is there a medium armour set in the same style?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Nioh is...extremely good.
Ayup, normally I wouldn't touch a season pass but I'm more than happy to have thrown the cash in on Nioh.

That new weapon looks like it's going to be a mid-ground remedy for folks who find the slowness of the axes a bit tedious, but still want something a bit heftier to smack enemies around with.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Darth Walrus posted:

Youngblood is the "canon" William armor. I recommend the glowing 3-eyed crow helmet for it - I believe Youngblood doesn't have a helmet.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

gently caress yeah cat buddy. Now when do we get ouroboros and that moth girl?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

use the ronin hat with youngblood armor.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I'd say my only real gripes with the game are the soul matching being a pain to level stuff up, some builds requiring hundreds of levels (usually around 300+) and having to get smithing texts to make gear so you're not wasting points on those stats to get the bonuses.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
My +7 Warrior of the East set is oiled up and ready to DLC. Gotta love those horns.

I have been playing this game to the point that I didn't finish Horizon, played about 10 hours of Nier and have completely abandoned The Last Guardian. It's the siren song of JAPANESE STEEL.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Patch seems to be downloading for me.

6.313GB

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Which armour sets do people use out of interest? I use Yagyu Style for light because katana man fighting in a robe is cool. I also have a good set of Warrior of the East for heavy just because it looks sick and upgunned merciless barrage is the poo poo.

I'm trying to work on getting a set of Tatenashi but I'm struggling to find some bits.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

google translated patch notes posted:

◆ Add a figure copy of a female character
Oh yeah?

Oh yeah!

OH YEAH!!

Change downward ◆ Change the behavior when selecting "high touch" once again while waiting for gesture "high touch"

You can become impatient while waiting for someone to high five you back :3:

◆ Ban prohibition of live distribution and prohibition of screenshots in specific cut scenes
So, right now they block streaming/sharing of some cutscenes, but now they don't do that anymore, I think ?

gesture "Cross-legged" fixes a bug that can not be canceled by other action when one tenth hectare cotton and player of the position is away, modification of the bug that once cotton does not come close to normal one tenth hectare cotton , But corrected the problem that had a shooting action even if there was a wall between the player Yoshiki Ashikaga fixed guards even in the absence of visitors
:stare:

edit: and yep, just turned on my PS4, downloading 1.07 now in US Central timezone.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

JBP posted:

Which armour sets do people use out of interest? I use Yagyu Style for light because katana man fighting in a robe is cool. I also have a good set of Warrior of the East for heavy just because it looks sick and upgunned merciless barrage is the poo poo.

I'm trying to work on getting a set of Tatenashi but I'm struggling to find some bits.

I have Master Swordsman, WotW, and Yatagarasu CCD bonuses via yasakani magatama for my dual katana build.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

kind of seems like the dlc is halfway out already if you've bought it. people are running around with the new weapon, supposedly you can pick it when starting a new game. i'm seeing streams of the new stages too?

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 2, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Soul match reduction cost 80%.

New enchant thing!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Darth Walrus posted:

You mean the veteran set? That's what I use, screw the Youngblood set

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 2, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I forget, what's the stat that helps the Kusari gama?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DLC is out. I'm playing it. It's good.

E: second new spirit is gross

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

I forget, what's the stat that helps the Kusari gama?

Dex.

I just realized with the addition of the bigass sword I can create 3 perfect samurai mans: light armor with dual swords/kusarigama, medium with katana and spear, and heavy with axe and bigger sword.

I just played through an early side mission after installing the patch, never saw one of the new swords. Do you have to start a new game or something?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

There are new damage increase skills in every tree for melee, ranged and fists...

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It says they added female skins but I can't find them

Edit: Found them, 90,000 glory. :psyduck:

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 2, 2017

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
There are important choices to be made here:

Okatsu or Lady Ginchiyo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

There are new damage increase skills in every tree for melee, ranged and fists...

I think it's the same 3 skills, they just appear at the bottom of every tree. They're the ones you can buy multiple times to increase the bonus you get, seems like they put them there as a place for people to dump unwanted skill points.