Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the system of a down album "buy this album at best buy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

JBP posted:

You buy the physical disc from Amazon.

Nah i buy it from shopto usually

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the system of a down album "buy this album at best buy"

Are you okay there champ? Do you need directions to the big boy bait shop?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

If you really cared about physical, you’d have waited for the complete edition with the dlc on the disk.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Bugblatter posted:

If you really cared about physical, you’d have waited for the complete edition with the dlc on the disk.

The dlc is not on the disc due to how sony have a policy with different skus of the same game and recerting, so its a code and has already been confirmed as such when the release date blowout happened. See cyberpunk complete edition and many other examples too.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jun 19, 2024

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
People in Peter Watts books call corpos “corpses”, which is way cooler, but impossible to do without sounding like a psycho and mostly just confusing people

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Have all Ace Attorney games been ported once the Investigations Collection releases? Hopefully one day we can get a Layton vs Phoenix Wright port.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

The dlc is not on the disc due to how sony have a policy with different skus of the same game and recerting, so its a code and has already been confirmed as such when the release date blowout happened. See cyberpunk complete edition and many other examples too.

Well then, if you really cared you just wouldn’t buy it. Stand by your principles man.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Bugblatter posted:

Well then, if you really cared you just wouldn’t buy it. Stand by your principles man.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
What is the next 1st party ps5 game?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Astro Bot probably which is good because it looks loving rad

loving around for the new trophies yesterday was a nice reminder on how good it handles

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lmao Vikar

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hmm looks like that new ASTRO bot game is the only 1st party game this year. Wonder if there will be any next year.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
When do they usually do the showcase? They'd want to have a big title ready for that. I'm sure it will just be wolverine or something we know about but still.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We just had a 'State of Play' because they don't have anything for a proper Showcase

Fake E3 is over already

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

JBP posted:

When do they usually do the showcase? They'd want to have a big title ready for that. I'm sure it will just be wolverine or something we know about but still.

September/October usually.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What can they even showcase now that they wisely cancelled their whole slate of live service crap

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

We just had a 'State of Play' because they don't have anything for a proper Showcase

Fake E3 is over already

Yeah. We won't see anything new until this fall or winter but those will be for 2025 maybe.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Sakurazuka posted:

Fake E3 is over already

Showcase is always out of synch with summer game fest. I don't expect anything from state of play it's just the little update.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

In October they’ll have a showcase where they’ll show off Housemarque’s new game “gently caress your trends, here’s some pure intense arcade bullet hell goodness” (final title tbd)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bugblatter posted:

In October they’ll have a showcase where they’ll show off Housemarque’s new game “gently caress your trends, here’s some pure intense arcade bullet hell goodness” (final title tbd)

Reviews incredibly well, beloved by all who play it, 150k copies sold as is Housemarque tradition.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Sony announces all games are pushed back until ps6

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

Sony announces all games are pushed back until ps6

Venom standalone might get announced in the september showcase but im not sure if thats this year or next. Theres a few titles apparantly that got pished back to the september showcase. Ds2 might be 2025

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Fake E3 is over already

They do a State of Play every 2 or 3 months, and a PlayStation Showcase on September, they have been doing it for like 4 years now.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

PacoPepe posted:

They do a State of Play every 2 or 3 months, and a PlayStation Showcase on September, they have been doing it for like 4 years now.

January/February, May, September, Game Awards.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Vikar Jerome posted:

Venom standalone might get announced in the september showcase but im not sure if thats this year or next. Theres a few titles apparantly that got pished back to the september showcase. Ds2 might be 2025
I don’t think any more exclusive content is coming out until next year

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Looks like Capcom has started to skip xbox, their recent marvel vs capcom collection announcement has skipped the platform entirely. It's on Switch, Playstation and Steam, but not xbox at all. Obviously Capcom is going to continue to put out their tentpole releases on it, but it's interesting to note all the same. A theory is that the collection is still on the MT framework engine and Capcom doesn't feel that the low sales on xbox is worth the ongoing engine support

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Looks like Capcom has started to skip xbox, their recent marvel vs capcom collection announcement has skipped the platform entirely. It's on Switch, Playstation and Steam, but not xbox at all. Obviously Capcom is going to continue to put out their tentpole releases on it, but it's interesting to note all the same. A theory is that the collection is still on the MT framework engine and Capcom doesn't feel that the low sales on xbox is worth the ongoing engine support

It could be as simple as the fact that the games contain Spider-Man

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The Battle Network collection also didn't include XBox. But the Ace Attorney Investigations collection does. So who knows

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

ImpAtom posted:

That's a very good point, I forget Sony owns the rights to Spiderman

I just looked it up and Sony bought the right to Spiderman on film for a mere 7 million dollars in 1999. That's a very tidy bit of business there

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Spring Break My Heart posted:

The Battle Network collection also didn't include XBox. But the Ace Attorney Investigations collection does. So who knows

Great ace attorney chronicles collection skipped Xbox too.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

That's a very good point, I forget Sony owns the rights to Spiderman

I just looked it up and Sony bought the right to Spiderman on film for a mere 7 million dollars in 1999. That's a very tidy bit of business there

It is a separate deal for video game rights that isn't permanent however.

The craziest thing about that original movie deal is they were then offered the rights to the entire rest of the Marvel universe for an additional 1 million or something stupidly low like that and turned it down.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Hmm looks like that new ASTRO bot game is the only 1st party game this year. Wonder if there will be any next year.

I am guessing next year will be huge for Sony. At least they were teasing 2025 would be a huge year for them and bringing back a lot of big I.P.'s with sequels.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Theres no ps5 version, and i read theres a policy thar requires xbox one games to have a series version now.

They probably thought it might still be niche but the outpouring in the last 24 hours has been epic, hope that means mvc4 is coming

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Just invaded someone in elden ring and the mad lad was setting up fights against his melina summon lmao. loving ruled.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Red Warrior posted:

It is a separate deal for video game rights that isn't permanent however.

The craziest thing about that original movie deal is they were then offered the rights to the entire rest of the Marvel universe for an additional 1 million or something stupidly low like that and turned it down.

Spider-sama is truly Nippon, all other Marvel otoko are unclean

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Traditionally, the showcase has either been in late August or early December (called PSX or PlayStation Experience). This December will be the 30th anniversary of the brand. The PSX events in recent memory that everyone remembers are under this moniker, the North American events held during the PS4 gen between 2014 - 2017. They were all absolute bangers.

There have been other PSX events in Europe and Asia, and other showcases that aren't branded 'PSX' usually around E3, in 2020 they had a showcase in early June to reveal the PS5, and last year the showcase was in May. And yeah, usually these are all entirely independent of the much newer format of State of Play.

Sony has been getting much more like Nintendo in recent years and just doing them whenever.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Also probably this https://x.com/JamiesAct/status/1803095409793147313/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1803095409793147313&currentTweetUser=JamiesAct

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've definely heard that Game Pass has trained Xbox players to stop buying games, but I didn't post it in this conversation because it's so prima facie bad for Xbox that I was worried it would sound like console warrior bullshit lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Sony has def been courting the FG market for a while now but I really doubt any strings like this would be or could be pulled, if anything Sony is going to defer to Marvel. However, it is the case since last December, and especially since GDC, that people and publishers have been murmuring about how there is no point in targeting a build for smaller games in the Xbox ecosystem. It is considered a dead platform unless you are AAA or explicitly have a GamePass deal, and they have no retail presence any longer so it's a double whammy.