Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Hey I've got 2 extra tickets to tonight's O's game and I'd rather give them away than let them go to waste, if anyone wants them let me know. Section 332 front row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Padres were cooking the (medical) books!

quote:

In a significant deviation from standard practice within the sport, San Diego Padres officials instructed their organization's athletic trainers to maintain two distinct files of medical information on their players -- one for industry consumption and the other for the team's internal use, multiple sources have told ESPN.

Trainers were told in meetings during spring training that the distinction was meant to better position the team for trades, according to two sources with direct knowledge of what was said.

Major League Baseball is close to concluding its investigation of the Padres' handling of the medical information, and the organization and individuals could face discipline.

Shana Wilson, the team's director of communications, said the Padres have been cooperating fully with Major League Baseball's review.

"At this point, it is an ongoing review, and we will refrain from comment until the process has concluded and we receive formal notification of the outcome from MLB," Wilson said. "That said, there was no direction or intent on our part to mislead other clubs with respect to a player's medical information."

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I like the second paragraph because it's not even some bullshit corporate doublespeak excuse. It's just straight up "we're going to cheat because it's easier to win that way."

E: holy poo poo, Preller just got suspended. I wonder if he gets the axe. What a disastrous reign he's had.

UZR IS BULLSHIT fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Sep 15, 2016

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

AJ Preller suspended 30 days without pay.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I didn't even know that GMs could be suspended. it feels like ages ago that we all gawked as the Padres traded for everything

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
In the past nine days the M's have:

Gone 8-0.
Gone from 6 games out of the 2nd AL wild card to 1.5
Caught Detroit in the standings while leapfrogging KC, Houston, and NY.

This is setting me up for some top notch heartbreak, M's. Didn't think you had this in you. I know what's coming though. At some point in the next two weeks:

“If you look closely you can actually pinpoint the exact moment his heart breaks in two.”

CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

Baseball bro'ing at a super-high level

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I like the second paragraph because it's not even some bullshit corporate doublespeak excuse. It's just straight up "we're going to cheat because it's easier to win that way."

E: holy poo poo, Preller just got suspended. I wonder if he gets the axe. What a disastrous reign he's had.

They kind of have to almost right? Who in their right mind would put enough trust in this guy to work a trade with him?

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Tony Phillips posted:

Gone 8-0.

This is setting me up for some top notch heartbreak, M's. Didn't think you had this in you. I know what's coming though. At some point in the next two weeks:

“If you look closely you can actually pinpoint the exact moment his heart breaks in two.”

$8 tickets all weekend! I'm probably going Fri and Sun.

They only need the Rangers to go 7-9 to have a shot at the division if they run the table

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

MrMojok posted:

AJ Preller suspended 30 days without pay.

Everyone in MLB has to hate this guy by now right

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

The Nards Pan posted:

They only need the Rangers to go 7-9 to have a shot at the division if they run the table

I'm stuck waiting another week for the MN series. Dream could be over by then, or I could get to watch the disaster in person. loving it up to a possible 100 loss team that you were swept by earlier in the year sounds pretty drat Mariners Baseball to me.

Tickets for all three games regardless.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly

Der Meister posted:

Except the Braves.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Tonight feels like a good night to clench.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Popete posted:

Tonight feels like a good night to clench.

Clench your butthole?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Tony Phillips posted:

Gone 8-0.

Let me just say I was not loving happy to find we still had to worry about you motherfuckers in the WC race.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

beejay posted:

Clench your butthole?
But I thought every night is a good night to clench your butthole :confused:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm 99% clenched much like the division.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Popete posted:

I'm 99% clenched much like the division.
I live in Minnesota so I get to clench every time a pitcher for the local MLB team takes the mound.

Feels good man

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo

Crazy Ted posted:

I live in Minnesota so I get to clench every time a pitcher for the local MLB team takes the mound.

Feels good man

:tipshat: Mariners appreciate the help today friend! If you'd be so kind as to go down in flames next weekend, we'd really appreciate that too. Thanks!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Now you too can vote on the name for the Rangers' new A-ball affilliate in Kinston, NC.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

elentar posted:

Now you too can vote on the name for the Rangers' new A-ball affilliate in Kinston, NC.

Oh gently caress did I not link the poll to vote for the new name of the Staten Island Yankees?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Staten Island Stromboli's.
Staten Island Racist Cops
Staten Island FBI's (FULL BLOODED ITALIANS)
Staten Island IROC-Z's

I'd go for the Killer Bee's as long as they changed the logo to the Wu-Tang symbol.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 16, 2016

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

elentar posted:

I'm distressed that we won't be able to immortalize 2016 memes by having the Down East Harambes

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

The Nards Pan posted:

I'm gonna be in King's Court tomorrow night, though I can't be there until about 8. Let me know if you want to meet up.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I know they ended the voting for the new name for the Kissimmee FSL team but they haven't announced the results

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I'm distressed that we won't be able to immortalize 2016 memes by having the Down East Harambes

Me too. And can you imagine the logo on their caps? Picture the Swinging Friar, but instead it's Harambe and his bat is a helpless toddler.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Der Meister posted:

I dunno, I'm pretty pleased with the Kemp-Grandal trade at this point.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Can we just end the season now?

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo

A guy who is v scared of the Mariners posted:

Can we just end the season now?

no.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ban the playoffs

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I'm all for a Cubs/Mariners WS. If the Cubs could beat them while starting Brian Matusz then they can certainly beat them with a Lester/Hendricks/Arrieta rotation.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo
That would be fun. I'm personally hoping for a Seager series.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

The Nards Pan posted:

That would be fun. I'm personally hoping for a Seager series.

That would be pretty great, I'm not gonna lie.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I hope the Comssioner Man-Fred does what's right and cancels the Sham Baseball Playoff, instead crowning the Chicago Cubs from the National League as Baseball Champions based on their Run Differential.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Fully clenched.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
hi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcWCXzww1q0

bye

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
A surprise narrator has a message for you

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/776646530140823552

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Cardinals appear to be jumpstarting the Giants for some EYBS with their piece of poo poo starting pitching

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I'd like to say the Giants are undefeated when they never go to their bullpen, but that's not actually true.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mariners fans shouldn't even get their hopes up. Even if you somehow make it all the way, Nelson Cruz is not someone you ever want playing in the World Series.

Ever.

loving ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Shinjobi posted:

Mariners fans shouldn't even get their hopes up. Even if you somehow make it all the way, Nelson Cruz is not someone you ever want playing in the World Series.

Ever.

loving ever.

I just want playoff baseball. It's been fifteen loving years. Even making the WS would be beyond my wildest dreams, given that this franchise has never won a pennant despite having a 116 win season and earlier teams featuring Junior, Arod, the Big Unit, and Edgar Martinez.

:same: to all of this

• Locked thread