Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Byers2142 posted:

Then you're arguing we shouldn't turbo, which I can buy. But the Murder I'm not sold on.

We can extend the day without adding a likely mislynch, which is the result if we Murder whomever.
It sounds like Byers was more against a second D1 vote out.

Not that he wanted to straight turbo Nat20 ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

yuming posted:

It sounds like Byers was more against a second D1 vote out.

Not that he wanted to straight turbo Nat20 ASAP.

That's why I think Byer's might be scum. A likely mislynch, but his stance that I'm most recently familiar with is that he values the information flips provide, and that it is essential for town to flip players to piece together whom is scum. Additionally, the size of this game makes the concern for a D1 mislynch silly, IMO.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Oft, haha, wow. What game is yuming because she sounds like a robot. Haha.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

spacing in vienna posted:

I picked GGN because we tight and I knew she'd probably understand that I just had to be an idiot. I picked Hal because he ended the day yesterday by saying he hated discussion sooooo IRONY. And then I had no idea who to pick for #3 but I realized GGN and Hal were sequential in the sign up list, and right below them was IS.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

50 pounds of bread posted:

Oft, haha, wow. What game is yuming because she sounds like a robot. Haha.
Oft, haha, wow.

Is that an alignment call or ? ? ?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

I really thought the count to #3 was going to end in a middle finger ngl

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Posting restrictions are annoying. I feel bad for the 3 on it

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CCKeane posted:

Gut shot here, I'm pinging on bif and KB. Do I have a case? Friends, I do not.
Again, I agree on KB but it is a tone read.

The best I can say is KB's first in-game post bugs me--

King Burgundy posted:

Well, turns out my prediction [about who is on the scum team before the game] is wrong. So you may very well be scum. :)

##vote Solus
KB makes an, I assume, joke-vote quoting a Solus post from before the game actually started.

Is this scum KB joking because he knows who is on the team? That is something I can imagine KB would like to do because he plays a very mastermind-type scum that likes to drop hints and to see what he can get away with and weave ~webs of lies~ which fits with all the night action bingo that has been going on today. And in the shelf chat last night too.

What do you guys think? I vote on tone.

##vote KB

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

GenericGirlName posted:

The way it works is I initiate a Murder on a player. Each player votes yes or no. if it comes up majority 'yes' by the end of the day, then we kill them in addition to the regular lynch

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Use it on Binus

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote Hal

I think scum hammered

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm 90% sure I had a scum mole in my shelf, I dont like the way the day ended yesterday hal and byers lookin suss

You don’t like how we dunked scum yesterday? 🤔🤔🤔

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Quidthulhu posted:

I'm thinking DB doesn't like how we dunked scum two days before deadline.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Quidthulhu posted:

GenericGirlName posted:

Hey so hear me out. What if I had a way to give town another kill D1. It requires a vote though, and if it doesn't go through then I die.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I also want to say that because Byers, Gen and Keane all revealed a lot about what they were doing in our chat last night, it would've been relatively easy for scum to intervene in and spin the actions to their advantage. Which is what KB focused on this game day as his content before jury duty. The perspective fits for me of KB and possibly 50 as scum on my shelf.

Keane feels more town though I have no specific reason for that.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Ya know, besides him agreeing with my tone read on KB.

I also agree Hal's hammer reads more scum than not.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I brought this up in shelf 4 with a hmmmmm but I dont think it was a scum hammer

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

Spacing in Vienna, is giving people annoying PR's a town move?

It is a pro-hilarity move. I saw the golden apple of being extremely obnoxious, and Reader, I married it.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Quidthulhu posted:

no, i mean i don't like how we didn't murder scum and continue the day to try and suss out another one for the lunch

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

no, i mean i don't like how we didn't murder scum and continue the day to try and suss out another one for the lunch

"murder" being defined as using GGN's claimed PR

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Toalpaz im not scum im shelf aligned

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

It is a pro-hilarity move. I saw the golden apple of being extremely obnoxious, and Reader, I married it.

hmmmm....

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tommunist posted:

Toalpaz im not scum im shelf aligned

hmmmmmmm

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I know SiV likes to have fun, but that does seem like a negative ability. SiV is it permanent or temporary, I apologize if you've already addressed this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

[quote="yuming" post="497734620"]
I wish I could remember our shelf chat better, but what I remember is Gen and Byers claiming killing powers first and then KB saying something about a killing role and then adding PGO.

Keane, does that sound right?

I feel Byers is town.

I also have a bad vibe read on KB. I will reread and shade it in more when I am at computer.
[/quote

I don't remember the KB PGO part or the Byers part but I also skipped over a looooot of the chat.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I know SiV likes to have fun, but that does seem like a negative ability. SiV is it permanent or temporary, I apologize if you've already addressed this.

It's only for D2. I wanted to use the stupid thing once, so I figured this was the least harmful place to do it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

It's only for D2. I wanted to use the stupid thing once, so I figured this was the least harmful place to do it.

I agree with this

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I think town players generally should shut the gently caress up in Shelf chat. This game is somewhat similar to Yobomakeanos in which the entire Yoda and Thanos teams got more or less routed in one night. So in the future that shelf chat as a place to pay animal pictures and poo poo post. Anyone that reveals actions in those channels are asking to be hosed with.

By all means discuss theories and guesses but like as far as "I'm doing X to Y" is really unnecessary.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I think town players generally should shut the gently caress up in Shelf chat. This game is somewhat similar to Yobomakeanos in which the entire Keanu and Thanos teams got more or less routed in one night because we talked way too much. So in the future treat shelf chat as a place to post animal pictures and poo poo post. Anyone that reveals actions in those channels are asking to be hosed with.

By all means discuss theories and guesses but like as far as "I'm doing X to Y" is really unnecessary.

Maia edits for clarity (drat phone posting!!!)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

I think town players generally should shut the gently caress up in Shelf chat.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

Maia edits for clarity (drat phone posting!!!)

we can still get clues from their mistakes though! for example if scum saw jenx claiming she'd kill "x y or z" and none of those are scum, then scum would leave her alone

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Mr. Steak posted:

we can still get clues from their mistakes though! for example if scum saw jenx claiming she'd kill "x y or z" and none of those are scum, then scum would leave her alone

They probably would not leave alive someone who had day investigated one of their team members. It's a lot easier to divert attention due to role fuckery with night actions, day actions less so.

That being said, I don't plan on listening to Mr. Mayor and will tell people what I want to when I want to because I can.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

:thunk: :thunk: :thunk:

Are you for real

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am back. I have no idea what is going on. I wish I was scum because then I at least could sow confusion... or would you even need to do that here?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I also am at a lake this weekend so will largely be phone posting, maybe from a jet ski!

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Rolling scum two games in a row must suck.

##vote merk

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mikujin posted:

Rolling scum two games in a row must suck.

yeah? try rolling 3p gunsmith twice in a row >_>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Mr. Steak posted:

yeah? try rolling 3p gunsmith twice in a row >_>

When that happens to you let me know.