Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Hal: posting immediately after the vote reset, acknowledges deadline, then makes ~7 posts before voting Jammy at the deadline. I've already commented on this but why wouldn't you have voted Chili or anyone else way before the Jammy vote, especially when you acknowledge that my kill was a way to give us an extra execution on D1?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ha! Well at least we still have some time

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hey wait we lost an hour there

Hal Incandenza posted:

He was voting chili before as well, he gave reasons. Do your work Keane

Hal Incandenza posted:

Eh it's still a way to get an extra lunch D1. If voodoo knew none of the scum had heat on them it would be a decent play. Or if voodoo thought his scumbros would always be lurking may as well use it when you can

If pander flipped scum eventually it would be worth revisiting but in general I agree it's more likely town

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will say that in the recent temple game three of the four scum faked not knowing how the open setup from the OP worked and all got some form of town cred for it so I'm very wary of people claiming not knowing the setup or composition of the scum team

Hal Incandenza posted:

That's usually my feeling but we did just basically do Spoonsy so it wouldn't be the end of the world

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah jammy seems likes he's posting only the most surface things possible and not really reading anything that's happening, I'd definitely revisit jammy tomorrow

Hal Incandenza posted:

Alright ##vote Jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCK: He has quite a few posts before voting Chili, but that Chili vote was with over an hour left on the deadline. He didn't swap to Jammy until close to the deadline. Just from this I'd say nothing out of the ordinary here.

CCKeane posted:

Any specific reasons for your vote on Chili?

CCKeane posted:

Why are you assuming voodoofly is town? I'm not disagreeing, I just don't see where you're making that jump.

CCKeane posted:

Yeah I think Spoonsy was going to be executed today if you didn't hammer, I didn't see a vote condensing on anybody else.

CCKeane posted:

I misread what the role does, I see where you are coming from.

CCKeane posted:

I feel like this is a post you make when b- is actually your scum buddy and you're trying to BE CUTE.

CCKeane posted:

Eh, I don't think that would happen in channel. I think I'd probably consider Voodoofly more if Jammy flipped scum, but I'm not interested in considering Voodoofly today.

##vote Chili

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Dhaes: this was nice and easy, first post after the flip and he is voting again. Good loving job Dhaes!

Dhaes posted:

huh well ok ##vote b-1

dont like his posts today

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Here's my case on dy. :

Was just rereading the thread and realized I never really responded to this.

Your case against me is kind of just how I play mafia. I really, really enjoy the logic-puzzle / strategy aspect of it. This setup is especially interesting because there is so much game theory around role selection. I wanted to talk about it mainly because I just think it's a really fun and interesting thing to think about, and secondarily to get some discussion brewing.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

B-: The Dy vote is about an hour before deadline and a handful of minutes after the first post. Nothing fishy from this (I'm not trying to get into whether people were pushing a candidate who had no chance because with a vote reset who knows - like what happened to Jammy).

b-minus1 posted:

Now that we know spoonsy was town my guess is that scum are lurking like crazy because there has never been any pressure on them. I’m also assuming voodoo is town now

b-minus1 posted:

Unless I misunderstood what just happene, voodoo used an ability that caused spoonsys death. Why would a scum waste that on player that was going to be the lunch and open up the possibility to lose a scum to a lunch?

b-minus1 posted:

I like keanes case on dy

##vote dy

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Voodoofly posted:

Let's also just admit part of me didn't want to die without being able to gavel a lurker in a role named after me. Ego/fun having/shoot day 1 with the vig giddy stuff. But I was actually debating it until I saw Spoonsy could be the target.
To be honest, I knew this was the real reason but was just trying to see if you would cop to it. I wish you had just owned up to this part with the first sentence. Still don't get your behavior around this thing.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Chili: First post is 8:06, second post is 8:32, third post is 8:39. The vote on Dy was when a bunch of people had 1 vote (other than Chili). Normal. Chili's vote on Jammy shouldn't be scummy, because his vote tied up Chili/Jammy at 3 each. But why not just admit it? If you are town shouldn't it be "anyone but me!!!!"

I'm going to be honest I'm not sure what I make of these votes. Waiting a half an hour to make that vote on dy when Chili was the vote leader is strange.

Chili posted:

Hm, that's a null alignment call, for voodoo imo. Still think there was an easier, less lovely way of going about it but at least things make sense.

I don't really have time to do much here unfortunately. I'll give a quick look if I can but I'm still thinking pander who seems to not really be into the game is as good a choice as any for day 1.

Chili posted:

Ugh ok. Of those available I'm most happy with a vote on dy. I'm trying to make lunch for the family I'll hopefully pop back in before deadline but pander is reading better to me now.

##vote dy (also sorry)

Chili posted:

Actually gently caress it. I'm not voting dy.

##vote jammy

For not very good reasons but I'm cooking and I can't do much else. Hope this shakes out favorably and that I'm not gonna after but whatcha gonna do.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Voodoofly posted:

B-: The Dy vote is about an hour before deadline and a handful of minutes after the first post. Nothing fishy from this (I'm not trying to get into whether people were pushing a candidate who had no chance because with a vote reset who knows - like what happened to Jammy).
I'm in pretty much the same spot in my re-read.

I find this fishy for the same reason that I find Chili's brief switch to Pander fishy. If you are putting a vote down on someone around the deadline and they aren't really a candidate being talked about, the burden is on you to try to generate some enthusiasm around that candidate. Like even if there was one more sentence to b's post, like "I like Keane's case come on dudes let's vote dy he's totally scum we can do this!!!" I would feel better about it.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Chili (2): Dhaes, Dhaes, Cidrick, Voodoofly
b-minus1 (1): Dhaes
Pander (1): Chili

Not Voting (6): b-minus1, CCKeane, dy., Hal Incandenza, Pander, wins32767

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 27th, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

dy. posted:

To be honest, I knew this was the real reason but was just trying to see if you would cop to it. I wish you had just owned up to this part with the first sentence. Still don't get your behavior around this thing.

It was all of the reasons. I definitely wanted to use it, but I did want to use it with some sort of intention. For the reasons I said, and also for purely un-game related reasons because I wanted to play with all of you again (which was in direct opposition to the "I want to shoot with my own role" thing). I wasn't lying when I said I wish B- was the lowest postcount because while I enjoyed Good Place with him I could also kill him and not spoil the family reunion vibes.

Just because my posts were stupid doesn't mean I wasn't thinking. It also doesn't mean that my thinking might have sucked, although I'm going to stress again it was based on a lack of knowledge when I started the idea.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Cidrick made it easy as well. Thanks Cid!

Cidrick posted:

I just took a break from biking and I haven't really caught up other than I guess voodoo vigged Spoonsy?

If we only have a half hour left I'm good voting Pander or Chili still

##vote Chili

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Dy: also making it east with a vote in the first post.

dy. posted:

I just woke up and haven’t really had a chance to process the last few pages. Biggest question is why Voodoo was specfically so against lurker judging Pander.

With the deadline looking I’ll vote #vote Chili (sorry). I get a weird gut ping from his posting.

Feels like I’m omgussing a lot but whatever.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

That's it from people posting after vote reset.

HAL: I really want to know what you were thinking with your posts and lack of vote after the vote reset.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Voodoofly posted:

It was all of the reasons. I definitely wanted to use it, but I did want to use it with some sort of intention. For the reasons I said, and also for purely un-game related reasons because I wanted to play with all of you again (which was in direct opposition to the "I want to shoot with my own role" thing). I wasn't lying when I said I wish B- was the lowest postcount because while I enjoyed Good Place with him I could also kill him and not spoil the family reunion vibes.

Just because my posts were stupid doesn't mean I wasn't thinking. It also doesn't mean that my thinking might have sucked, although I'm going to stress again it was based on a lack of knowledge when I started the idea.
Yeah I just don't get why you use your lurker cannon at the point in the game where we all have the least amount of information about anything. Like, players didn't even really have time to become actual lurkers yet. I feel like you're smarter than that.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

For the record here are my notes from my re-read. I think the only strong read I have is that b-minus is scum. There are a lot of players I just can't figure out at this point in the game.

Scums
- b-minus - from the past game I’ve played with him, kind of a sneaky smart player. I don’t buy his act this game, the “let’s go after power roles” thing seems especially weird and he refuses to actually explain it. I don’t think we should let him off the hook for that especially strange suggestion. We're kind of letting him get away with murder; he doesn't seem to be truly trying to find and kill scum.

Maybe scums
- Hal - really playing from the background. I reread the whole game and barely have an opinion on him. Hard to make an alignment call either way; I he did this in the previous game I was in and flipped town. Part of me wonders if he is just posting enough to avoid the lurker cannon.
- Voodoofly - why didn’t he keep it in his pants?
- Pander - I have no idea how to explain why I think he might be scum… but I do. Maybe it’s the post where he says “I totally would have played that differently as scum.”

Players whose behaviors I do not understand
- Chili - I’m having trouble seeing a narrative to his thinking; he is playing very reactively. I waffle on his alignment but actions around the last deadline seem to suggest scum. With two hours to go to deadline, votes were at 3 Spoonsy / 2 b- / 1 Pander with 7 needed, and he moved to Pander despite making no real effort to get a consensus brewing around him. Then moves back to Spoonsy saying he’s more comfortable voting him.
- wins - being really try-hardy but also kind of hard-headed in a way that seems convenient for scum
- Jamuraan - having a lot of trouble figuring him out. Waffles between sitting back and putting in effort. Cases feel try-hardy and forced rather than off-the-cuff and natural.
- CCK - seems to be a bit fixated on me, and overall I don’t understand his approach to the game

Probably in a blind spot because they are generally saying things that I agree with and like to hear
- Cidrick
- Dhaes

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

dy. posted:

Yeah I just don't get why you use your lurker cannon at the point in the game where we all have the least amount of information about anything. Like, players didn't even really have time to become actual lurkers yet. I feel like you're smarter than that.

I think you should know I'm not smarter than that.

And again, I already found Spoonsy's two posts scummy, as did a lot of people. Why not vig him on Day 1 and then lynch someone else for more info? Well, there are probably good reasons why, but not good enough to stop me from doing it.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

dy. posted:

- Jamuraan - having a lot of trouble figuring him out. Waffles between sitting back and putting in effort. Cases feel try-hardy and forced rather than off-the-cuff and natural.

So, about Jammy . . .

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Voodoofly posted:

So, about Jammy . . .
Oops. That was a leftover from my notes before the reread.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

dy. posted:

Also just going to say this. I knew it was a one-shot, but I had no idea Merk would post that. I was really planning on trying to draw a night kill by bullshitting my role about having more killing power left (possibly going to say that the amount of targets increased each day, so day 1 was only bottom poster, day 2 maybe bottom 2 or bottom 3, etc.). In an open setup a mystery role has a lot of bluffing power.

Again, that didn't turn out to be the case.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Voodoofly posted:

I think you should know I'm not smarter than that.

And again, I already found Spoonsy's two posts scummy, as did a lot of people. Why not vig him on Day 1 and then lynch someone else for more info? Well, there are probably good reasons why, but not good enough to stop me from doing it.
We don't need to spend any more time arguing about it, I don't want to backseat-drive your power too much, but I think the easy answer is "because two posts is a really, really small sample size." Not to mention that you, if town, are tipping the scum off to an extraordinarily powerful weapon.

A good comparison is someone like Hal, who has posted just enough to not be a lurker but has added basically nothing. We know a lot more about his posting history. To me, he's a much more appealing target. I am not suggesting you use the power again.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote Hal

Chili posted:

We need to talk about Pander.

I am willing to forgive the day 1 lurker stuff. I don't think that's a read one way or the other. Pander is a good poster, if he fell down some video game hole, fine.

What we can talk about is what happens after he comes back.

When he comes back he bats away a point:

Then offers nothing of use whatsoever.

Then we get this:

In response to Keane's case. Which was substantive and contained actual stuff. Meanwhile, just read what Pander is seeing here. It it a callout of Keane? I mean, maybe if you squint, but only barely.

His follow up to that is also incriminating:

Only at the very end does he even wink at the notion of calling out Keane's alignment. The rest is just game spec. It doesn't even try to be useful. Keep in mind, the deadline at this point is like right the gently caress around the corner.

He then makes two posts that I won't bother quoting of no significance. But then we get something interesting.

A vote on Keane with what he believed to be only 22 minutes left. Clearly, Pander had been reading the thread, Keane was out of nowhere and was not a likely choice. At all. But, Pander had said one or two things about him so he was justified in plunking a safe vote down, of absolutely 0 consequence that he knew he move off of after someone else got a ball rolling.

This honestly looks so bad that it almost feels like a safe bus vote.

And then there's the obvious:

Honestly, this isn't a terrible callout, but it is one of the rolling stones that got momentum on a townie ranked 3rd and likely to be decently equipped for the game.

But don't worry, because before anyone else can call him out for it. Lookit, checkit

So yeah, I think he is hosed. This is as good a way as any to try and dance out of a really tight spot. But from a scum perspective, he's already made a slam dunk. He gets a notch in his cap for being part of a last minute bandwagon that took out the 3rd rank draft pick AND on day 1 he avoided vig that went to townie. This essentially feels like a victory lap post and something that, if he manages to scurry by for days and see a win, he can point at as a masterstroke.

Voodoo and him being scum together doesn't compute to me. Voodoo being a giddy little kid with a lurker gun and spectacularly misfiring? Yeah, that makes sense to me.

##vote Pander

Chili, rereading you this is the post that made me unvote. This all feels pretty genuine, but it's one post in a bunch of other posts that make me want to vote you. Please post more of these and tell us your thoughts.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

##vote b-minus1

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

dy. posted:

##vote b-minus1

Yeah I'm good with this too, but I think Hal's actions around the vote reset are way worse than B-

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I apologize in advance for the wall of text. This may not be overly useful to anyone but me and some of this has already been covered but screw it I’m posting it anyway. It’s too difficult to read in Microsoft word.
Pander was the first person to mention jam after the voodoofly day action.

Pander posted:

Really don't like jamuraan. He made a lumpenlist, which looked like an attempt to drum up content, because the minute someone called him out for calling Hal towny, he goes "oh yeah I guess after reading I should bump him down to suspicious".
And then he calls wins scum for attempting to drum up content.

He seems shifty to me.

Jamuraan posted:

##vote Pander

I don't like what he's done since showing up and his snipe on Krane is toooo opportunistic.

Also I just realized he is throwing shade at me. gently caress that. I'm the most townie person here.

Hal and voodoofly agree with Pander’s assessment of Jam, but don’t think it’s a priority to lunch him.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah jammy seems likes he's posting only the most surface things possible and not really reading anything that's happening, I'd definitely revisit jammy tomorrow

Voodoofly posted:

Basically agree. Some of his posts were fine but it also felt like show up put in work vanish a bit too.
Pander throws down the first jam vote

Pander posted:

##vote jamuraan

why tomorrow? today can happen.

Chili and dy votes

Here’s how the votes looked before the final jam push

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Chili (3): Voodoofly, CCKeane, Cidrick
dy. (2): b-minus1, Chili
b-minus1 (1): Dhaes
Jamuraan (1): Pander
Pander (1): Jamuraan
CCKeane (0): Pander, Pander

Not Voting (4): dy., Hal Incandenza, Highwire, wins32767

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 24th, 2020 at 1 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 27 minutes.

Here it comes.

dy. posted:

I would gladly join a Jam vote as well.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Alright ##vote Jam

Chili posted:

Actually gently caress it. I'm not voting dy.

##vote jammy

For not very good reasons but I'm cooking and I can't do much else. Hope this shakes out favorably and that I'm not gonna after but whatcha gonna do.

Voodoofly posted:

I’d rather vote Chili than jammy but I’ll swap over in a few if it’s still deadlocked

Hal Incandenza posted:

Mod sass!

I'd prefer jammy but would move to chili if that gets more traction

Voodoofly posted:

##vote Jammy consolidation

CCKeane posted:

##vote: Jammy

Dhaes posted:

##vote jammy

Cidrick posted:

Doing this from a phone is a pain in the rear end but I guess it's my own fault

Better than no lynching at any rate

##vote Jamuraan

dy. posted:

##vote Jammy

Keane nailed it here. It really seems like scum were the main driving force behind the jam lunch.

CCKeane posted:

I feel the shift to Jammy was driven by Chili's scum buddies, IMO.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
oh wtf, there's some stuff missing. argh where did it go

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

That's it from people posting after vote reset.

HAL: I really want to know what you were thinking with your posts and lack of vote after the vote reset.

I mean I feel like I have gone over this multiple times at this point.

Part of my suspicion of chili was based on spoonsy being scum

I wasn't feeling all that motivated to push anyone else since I didn't think a no-lunch was all that bad given we had a very late day flip already and I didn't have any strong scum reads at the time.

I was willing to vote chili if people really wanted someone dead and I was the deciding vote at deadline.

When looking back over post-flip and with people talking about jammy I agreed with the sentiment that he was looked scummy. I still wasn't keen to push him because I was fine waiting until the next day because it wasn't all that strong.

Pander was like LETS DO THIS so I was like ehhh fine if people want to.

Seems to me you should be voting Chli before me though because if I was scum who just wanted someone dead why not vote chili unless he was scum? Surely I would be getting heat (as I am) for being on spoonsy and then hopping on a late-day switch to another town. If I am scum and chili is town then how does my play make sense?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Seems to me you should be voting Chli before me though because if I was scum who just wanted someone dead why not vote chili unless he was scum? Surely I would be getting heat (as I am) for being on spoonsy and then hopping on a late-day switch to another town. If I am scum and chili is town then how does my play make sense?

If you are scum then just stalling and hoping for no execution could be helpful regardless of what happens, whether it's Chili or anyone else. Yes Chili being scum makes you way more scummy, but if anyone else with any vote other than Chili (dy, b-, etc) was scum you could have also been just hanging out to make sure they didn't get executed.

It's the fact that you were happy to go towards a no execution that I find scummy regardless of anyone else's alignment.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
merk: I would like to formally request that you push deadline back 1 hour so that I can participate. I will be in zoom meetings at the current planned time.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

Anyone else getting a massive Perd Hapley vibe from his posts today, using a lot of words to say nothing in an attempt to drum up content?

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

fwiw, at this point I would be loving shocked if voodoo or dy flipped scum

dudes are bleeding townie vibes

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dhaes posted:

Anyone else getting a massive Perd Hapley vibe from his posts today, using a lot of words to say nothing in an attempt to drum up content?

i expected this response. im taking a call now, will have more to say later. some of my post was deleted. not sure what happened.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Wins, it is important to me that you make a case on Pander without referencing Chili.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

i expected this response. im taking a call now, will have more to say later. some of my post was deleted. not sure what happened.

you literally posted all the votes from the jammy lynch.

your commentary on that post was "I am sorry for this wall of text that I am about to post!" and "This here is a vote from this person I am quoting!"

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Wins, it is important to me that you make a case on Pander without referencing Chili.

keane, i am checking my previous bookmarks and see that I've played 2 other games in the past few years - Bottle Knight's Wild West in 2015 and Somber's The Outfit in 2017 - in both of the games we were part of flawless scum victories

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

It's the fact that you were happy to go towards a no execution that I find scummy regardless of anyone else's alignment.

Well ok then. I voted someone a ways out from deadline and was around and active and willing to switch my vote to prevent a NL so it's not like I was enacting that agenda. If we have philosophical differences about how urgent it is to kill a second person on D1 then I can't change that

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Dhaes posted:

keane, i am checking my previous bookmarks and see that I've played 2 other games in the past few years - Bottle Knight's Wild West in 2015 and Somber's The Outfit in 2017 - in both of the games we were part of flawless scum victories

so in The Outfit Hal was our 3rd scumbro, just reread him in that game - he made 1 post the entire game that was more than one line, and most everything he said were jokes instead of scum hunting. fwiw, his play here does not look anything remotely like it was there, with the exception of calling me our for posting with capital letters

here he is actually talking about his thoughts and explaining things. in comparison to his scum play there, he looks pretty town here

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Dhaes posted:

I miss playing games with you, buddy. :(

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

CCKeane posted:

in wild west you fake claimed cop and i counter claimed you :swoon:

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

CCKeane posted:

the best of times

here is the end of wild west, only one page from this point. lol'd a few times rereading this

rereading you in both of those games i'm pretty sure you are town here which makes me happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dhaes posted:

so in The Outfit Hal was our 3rd scumbro, just reread him in that game - he made 1 post the entire game that was more than one line, and most everything he said were jokes instead of scum hunting. fwiw, his play here does not look anything remotely like it was there, with the exception of calling me our for posting with capital letters

here he is actually talking about his thoughts and explaining things. in comparison to his scum play there, he looks pretty town here

Did we win?

I don't know that I have much of a scum meta, my posting is generally reflective of my free time, but I appreciate the effort of going to look back. I'm also glad you are back and I hope you keep playing! All of you! (but especially dhaes)