Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Sandrah's AC is -11???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

LargeHadron posted:

Sandrah's AC is -11???
High heels.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

LargeHadron posted:

Sandrah's AC is -11???

Sure is.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I like Viconia in BG2 partly because you can get her AC ridiculously down pretty easily, but we're barely into the big city in BG1 ffs. Although given that there's been dragons and whatnot, I wouldn't be surprised at the Spectator Beholder making a cameo, and having sex with our new protagonist. Somehow.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter XLV - Can you admire a moonblade wielder running around in the colours of a circus geek?

Why did I allow this twit back into my party again? Wasn't there another bard that we met quite a while ago...?

Ah, Eldoth! I know he doesn't have Sandrah content but we can actually do his quest now. While going back to Baldur's Gate let's get some PIDs out of the way.

A bit too late to have this conversation, oh well..

Our protagonist, ladies and gentlemen. :suicide:

And just like that we arrive at Silvershield manor.

Sandrah takes the time to admire the gardens.

Just before we go through the door something wonderful happens.

An Eldoth banter fired? It's a damned good one too? Christmas came extremely early this year.

Anyway, once inside...

poo poo, better reload and try the other stairs.

Jackpot, is that a new portrait?

So it is, all that trouble to recreate the BG2 feel and she has doll's eyes.

One of the lowest wisdom scores in the game, fitting considering the person she's paired with.

Skie actually gets a cloak here, it's not a unique item though.

Oh, we'll be gone alright.

Brilla is much more supportive in her own way.

Oh, I wouldn't dream of it.

These encounters were the only other thing I got from their time in my party. I was really hoping Skie would have something to say to Sandrah but alas.

After kicking them out we send Eldoth off to the Elfsong tavern...

...While Skie is allowed back in.

Kagain back in Beregost was an NPC we skipped, not because I hate him (quite the opposite) but because he doesn't have content with Sandrah. He can help us find Skie's brother, though. I'm sure everything will work out for the b-

Oh, oh dear..

Let this be a lesson to you, dear. It certainly was a lesson to me. :stonklol:

We also leave Kagain there, let him explain the whole thing to Entar. This does mean we have empty slots in our party though.

It's been a while, Xan. Welcome back! :)

Despite being a Mary Sue Sandrah REALLY doesn't want to be seen as someone with any sort of divinity.

When it comes to Xan's banters the wheels are rapidly coming off, I liked his earlier ones better.

I'm sure Coran will love the city.

Told you.

He really is in the best of spirits.

Ha, Xan getting a makeover. That's something I'd love to see.

Wait, wh-

:eyepop:

Maybe he'll grow into it.

I dread to think what Imoen has in store for me...

Anyway, I promised you guys we'd go to the Shadow Thieves this chapter.

And just like that we're in like Flynn.

Narlen actually walks off if you don't understand him, locking you out of two quests and a very satisfying resolution to another one. More on that another time.

We make some headway with Jen'lig's quest...

...And also manage to get some valuable information on the Iron Throne. Never underestimate a drunkard.

Vichan fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 7, 2021

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Are the new portraits for Dynaheir, Skie, Coran, et al part of EE or a mod? Because jfc those are awful.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

queserasera posted:

Are the new portraits for Dynaheir, Skie, Coran, et al part of EE or a mod? Because jfc those are awful.

Definitely not EE, they don't mess with portraits. I'm not sure which mods add which portraits though, I definitely didn't install any specific portrait mods aside from alternate portraits for Jen'lig and Sandrah.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

NGDBSS posted:

I'm not deep into Realmslore but I know Elminster is supposed to be really old for a human. (Apparently he's over 1100 years old during the events of Baldur's Gate.) So what's Roxanne's explanation for switching around the canon to make him younger than Midnight? There are easier ways to get that I'm Impossibly Special :sparkles: aura than this! Just play up the Chosen of Mystra connection or something!

There was something about gods not caring about time. I dunno. Why even have Elminster as her father with that backstory though? drat it, Elminster lives in Shadowdale! Or lived? I am no longer deep in Realmslore.

I like Xan's makeover.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 5, 2021

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Vichan posted:

Definitely not EE, they don't mess with portraits. I'm not sure which mods add which portraits though, I definitely didn't install any specific portrait mods aside from alternate portraits for Jen'lig and Sandrah.

It's not the BG1 NPC Project, IIRC one banter (with Xan, maybe?) specifically mentions Dynaheir being dark-skinned.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Cythereal posted:

It's not the BG1 NPC Project, IIRC one banter (with Xan, maybe?) specifically mentions Dynaheir being dark-skinned.

Dynaheir's banter where we danced with her also mentioned her 'dark hand'. I'm 100% sure they don't edit portraits, not permanently anyway.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

quote:

Despite being a Mary Sue Sandrah REALLY doesn't want to be seen as someone with any sort of divinity.

'I'm not anyone special [even with my ridiculous backstory]' is classic mary sue.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ramc posted:

I don't know much deep FR lore but wasn't Elminister in a relationship with [a] Mystra? Old one or new one I don't know which but either doesn't make sense with the given backstory in the mod.

He 100% hosed the Mystra BEFORE Midnight.

queserasera posted:

If EE took literally a photo of a white musician off one of her albums to use for Dynaheir, I think I'd have heard about it by now. :v:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bg2 intro, Sandrah's gonna save all your gear, isn't she.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

tithin posted:

Bg2 intro, Sandrah's gonna save all your gear, isn't she.

She'll save her gear, then give you better gear.

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
I still don't understand why the animals also need to be in romances

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Dude you have just walked in to a smoldering bomb crater, stepping over some moaning casualties and loudly asked: "but why did that bomb had to smell this bad?"

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he

By popular demand posted:

Dude you have just walked in to a smoldering bomb crater, stepping over some moaning casualties and loudly asked: "but why did that bomb had to smell this bad?"

True. Part of me is hoping for some catharsis at the end of this entire saga, being able to finally ask Sandrah to leave you alone

But that'll probably result in all your companions leaving you for her

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, also, Wizard hunters can't use it because of a kit feature where they can't use anything magical except armor/weapons. In other words, they can't use rings and amulets and stuff... unless you get the right high level perk as a cross-classed thief.

Thunderclan
Dec 24, 2013
Honestly at this point, I would be less then surprised if this mess ends with Sandrah taking over as the next Mystra...which would probably doom the world even more then it probably already is with a mortal Sandrah in it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Thunderclan posted:

Honestly at this point, I would be less then surprised if this mess ends with Sandrah taking over as the next Mystra...which would probably doom the world even more then it probably already is with a mortal Sandrah in it.

Before or after she fucks it?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

So she's going to turn into Zeus is what you're saying. Only producing fewer problematic offspring.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter XLVI - Hello, my not-so-little-girl-any-more, would you recognize your old growler, as you liked to call me?

While on our way to our first thieving job we stumble across a carnival.

Aside from these comments I couldn't find an actual merchant to buy ribbons. What a shame. :(

We run into this weird encounter that will be important later on.

A child-killer is hanging out at the temple of Helm?

Accidentally killing a kid because you thought she was a demon. We've all been here, haven't we folks?

Neat portrait, by the way.

Considering how horny Sandrah is that first line got interpreted in quite an interesting way the first time I read it.

Grey Clan, episode I is one of the mods with extensive Sandrah content, it seems. Roxanne even took the liberty of making her own Episode II and III. We'll get to those one of these days.

We're going to do some thieving first though.

We also get into some wizard rivalries while we're at it, I might as well post this one just in case Sandrah decides to finish the quest her own way as she's wont to do.

Xan is back to his old self again.

Coran's had some interesting flings, that's for sure.

Little does Xan know I'd sell the moonblade to the highest bidder before his body turned cold.

I always liked this encounter, Larze'll probably not be seen again but knowing Sandrah Saga he might ambush us with 40 ogres in tow.

:barf:

Let's hope this never comes to pass.

Xan is just depressing me at this point.

Night falls and Narlen finally decides to show up.

We flee from the officer, all in all not a bad job.

Narlen seems pleased, and he has another job for us.

Let's get cracking.

My cat-mimicking skills let us get the rogue stone with him being none the wiser.

And that's it for Narlen, we'll see him again later on.

Imoen's such a tattle-tale.

If Xan can be a Debbie Downer then so can I. :colbert:

While we're here we might as well pick up this quest from the leader of the Shadow Thieves in this area.

Soon afterwards we run into another familiar face.

Hey, it's that snot-nosed kid who approached us when we first arrived at the Friendly Arm Inn?

And just like that we've lost Xan, at least for the time being.

I first wanted to replace him with Quayle but he doesn't have content with Sandrah, we'll bump into him again in Baldur's Gate II I suppose.

Might as well replace him with Kivan, I suppose. Maybe we can wring some more content out of him yet.

After taking a bit of a wrong turn we run into these mooks who turn out to be some of the smartest assassins in the game. Here they leave without any conflict, oh well.

Is this an ordinary haystack? Think again.

...Love tunnel?

This actually highlights one of my biggest annoyances with Sandrah Saga. Adding a shortcut between the two halves of North-Eastern Baldur's Gate is a worthwhile addition but the way it's discovered is just stupid. Why couldn't any of Sandrah's many acquaintances pop in to inform us of this tunnel?

Oh well, time to go to the harbor to see the harbormaster.

I don't recall this quest, we'll see if we can find some rats for them if we have the time.

Just an ordinary house? Of course not!

Looks like we'll have to check it out!

Huh...

That was certainly interesting, I guess we'll have to be patient and hope we'll bump into them again.

Imoen dreams of being a colonizing piece of poo poo.

Calm the gently caress down, what's the worst that could ha-

Oops, poor guy. Avenging his death was easy enough I suppose.

The harbor master's a good egg which we'll find out later.

Looks like it's back to find this captain, I hope we don't get derailed along the way! For some reason I'm feeling a bit sick...

Vichan fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 7, 2021

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I don't think i ever did the thieves' guild bit more than once, but the "I'm a stray, go back to sleep" bit is one of my favourite exchanges from BG1. :colbert:

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

vilkacis posted:

I don't think i ever did the thieves' guild bit more than once, but the "I'm a stray, go back to sleep" bit is one of my favourite exchanges from BG1. :colbert:

Same, that's one of the reasons why I included it.

With the way BG2 is structured I'm hoping on including more vanilla content wherever possible.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I don't think I've ever actually done the Thieves' Guild quest. Why the gently caress would I want to prevent the spread of airship technology?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Vichan posted:

Little does Kivan know I'd sell the moonblade to the highest bidder before his body turned cold.

KiXan!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I don't think I've ever actually done the Thieves' Guild quest. Why the gently caress would I want to prevent the spread of airship technology?

You foresaw the spell plague and want to save lives?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Whoops, for some reason I did that a lot this update but I thought I got all of them out. Thanks.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Hypocrisy posted:

You foresaw the spell plague and want to save lives?

What am I, a self-insert Mary Sue character? I'm not gonna make decisions based on being able to ahead in the script.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

What am I, a self-insert Mary Sue character? I'm not gonna make decisions based on being able to ahead in the script.

....so incredibly humble..... :allears:

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

For some reason, you have never thrown out two NPCs: Imoen and Vichan. Now I get why you kept Imoen, but Vichan is completely useless and does nothing at all. And no, having sex with PC is nothing special, everybody's done that already.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

gently caress off Batman posted:

For some reason, you have never thrown out two NPCs: Imoen and Vichan. Now I get why you kept Imoen, but Vichan is completely useless and does nothing at all. And no, having sex with PC is nothing special, everybody's done that already.

Vichan actually has a couple of personal quests when we return to Candlekeep, I'm pretty sure he has content in BG2 as well. I might replace him with Wilson after that.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Vichan posted:

Vichan actually has a couple of personal quests when we return to Candlekeep, I'm pretty sure he has content in BG2 as well. I might replace him with Wilson after that.

You know what, after reading this whole LP, I wouldn't be surprised if kicking charname out was made possible if Sandrah disapproved of them. The first Dungeon Siege had an option to remove your starting character from the party if you so desired, and maybe the mod maker also played that game while a proverbial lightbulb flashed above her head. And IWD games in the same engine technically had no main character, so who knows?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

gently caress off Batman posted:

I think a mod made Imoen a pure mage so Vichan does the thief stuff. Please have some respect for the party lock picker. A loyal hireling is a valuable thing.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 6, 2021

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter XLVII- This is quite a compliment from a lady of the world like you.

While making our way to rob Shandalar of his skyship plans we run into one of the assassins from before.

Please, don't make me laugh. :smuggo:

Uh-oh.

Thank God I've got the best healer in the business. To Thalantyr's!

I wish I had done this earlier before I was showered with OP gear.

Anyway, that's not why we're here.

Looks like we have to go hunting for ingredients...

Good thing we got those herbs from that nice lady in Nashkel back in chapter 9. I bet we can get some holy water from the Beregost temple.

While getting our holy water we're rewarded for our dragonslaying efforts. Too bad I still can't wield it.

In the Cloakwood Groves we run into the wyvern, he was annoying to take down but we managed to get it done.

After drinking the antidote we're right as rain, and we got to avoid one of the better quests in chapter five while we were at it. Sandrah Saga really is the best!

Coran and Kivan do not get along. Big surprise. I best we'd better get rid of the latter.

:getin:

Time to go back to Baldur's Gate.

We run into this lady in the Drakon Tavern a stone's throw away from Shandalar's place. Her shopping inventory is filled with boots and jam, just like she said. Here's hoping we run into her brother if we ever get to Amn, otherwise I wasted my time on this giant conversation for nothing.

On our way to Shandalar's Shar-Teel meets her soulmate.

There is a non-violent way to deal with them but dealing with these pompous asses the hard way is its own reward in more ways than one. :black101:

We pick up the requested items and get the hell out of there.

HA!

I'm built like a mountain. :colbert:

And this is why you do the Narlen quests, people. So satisfying.

Sandrah immediately gets creative...

And we get a rare but always welcome Jen'lig banter to boot.

Anyway, since we have Coran in our party I think it's time to do his quest.

I'm pretty sure Coran also interjects here with no mods installed and it's one of the rare instances of an NPC interjecting in vanilla BG1.

Time to head to the Low Lantern to deal with this lowlife.

Sandrah's a lady of the world, alright. :heysexy:

For some reason these ladies scared the absolute poo poo out of me as a kid.

We also meet Ascalon's cameo character. He's the person behind some of the quests we've encountered so far as well as Breagar.

He makes drinks for everyone. :3:

Two seconds later.

Don't mention i-

What a shame.

Maybe if I talk to her again they can talk things over...?

...guess not. :(

Sandrah's on the case it seems.

She's also teaching Shar-Teel to read, isn't it wonderful? I definitely appreciate the fact that Roxanne only gave us one reply just so Sandrah can get mad at us.

Coran might put up a brave face but we know what's bothering him.

Ah, like clockword. Let's go back to Brielbara.

Wait, you want him to do *what* now?

...We're actually doing this?

:gonk:

Vichan fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 7, 2021

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
I hope we can keep it in a backpack until ToB so they get some company.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

...what.

Okay, sure. Shove the baby in your backpack, preferably not in the same pocket as all the spare weaponry, and let's hit the road. Why not. She'll be a decent projectile in an emergency.

Who wants to bet this exists purely as the setup for 'wow, Sandrah's so good with kids, I bet she'll make a wonderful mother'?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what the hell. Okay, so for anybody who doesn't remember or know the quest we bypassed... I don't- I don't understand why she wanted to bypass it. The thing they want you to do is break their geas that forces them to serve the Iron Throne. You know, the guys who currently want to kill you? They're asking you to help them NOT WORK for those guys anymore. That is explicitly helpful to you. The only reason I can imagine not wanting to help is out of spite or mistrust, but the drat modder should know they're being legit.

-wait, aren't svirfneblin supposed to be like... grey and not just white women?

-WAIT BABY WHAT

Also having a geas in 1 is... perfectly suitable foreshadowing so you know more or less how a geas works when you run into it in 2, it serves a purpose. Why just- why just avoid it?!

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 6, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
haha oh wow

coran's baby is the kind of dumb bullshit I am all for, and I am glad this is a thing

as opposed to the kind of dumb bullshit sandrah does, like obviating one of the most interesting quests in the entire game, for daring to make the party seem fallible

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Doesn't feel like a Sandrah quest since Sandrah was dead silent during it. Perhaps she will chime in later.

I will never forget that baby item is an official material and I am always "happy" when a modder shrugs and says "yeah, why not?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I've run out of things to say about Sandrah at this point. There is always more and it is always worse.