Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mecha_Face
Dec 17, 2016
You're joking, right? Why would we choose anything other than the best girl in the universe who never has committed a single crime? Really, TQ, why'd you even bother writing the other two up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickfan1
Jul 22, 2022

GilliamYaeger posted:

We've got Smoke, a card that can do up to 10 bleed in a single attack, Bamboo-Hatted Kim and it's on Hod's floor with Obsession still easily accessible.

You know what? Entirely fair. Also sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but how did you make the quote yellow? I'm new on these forums.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Junpei posted:

Is Netzach dying whenever his floor fights just going to be a running gag now between Index and this fight?

Checking the records, Netzach has died in four of the six receptions he's been part of. Not the most auspicious record. Suppressions are not receptions, so they don't count.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

nickfan1 posted:

You know what? Entirely fair. Also sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but how did you make the quote yellow? I'm new on these forums.
Better question: HOW DID YOOOOOOOOU???

(it's just a highlight for whenever one of your posts gets quoted)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
That's also only if you're in Light Mode. If you're in Dark Mode the color's a purply-pink, instead.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

NullBlack posted:

Checking the records, Netzach has died in four of the six receptions he's been part of. Not the most auspicious record. Suppressions are not receptions, so they don't count.

I can’t explain it, he just keeps winding up being the dead one.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
edit: there was a possibly tasteless joke here, but now it's gone.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 7, 2022

Yveltal
Jul 19, 2022

NullBlack posted:

Let the man have his hobbies, Angela.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Junpei posted:

tasteless joke begon

might just be me but this kind of in poor taste to joke about imo.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 7, 2022

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
i guess that's fair, edited it out

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

Junpei posted:

That's also only if you're in Light Mode. If you're in Dark Mode the color's a purply-pink, instead.

Hey, I didn’t actually know Dark Mode existed on this site. Thanks for the heads up :)

NullBlack posted:

Also this is absolutely precious!

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Appendix 26: Smiling Faces

Wang’s Page posted:

They call the Backstreets unsafe because there’s this one time o’ the day when darkness comes out and your friendly neighborhood watch can’t do jacks about it. The Night in the Backstreets, when the City shuts its eyes. Breakin’ any rules are forgiven during that time. Means to protect yerself from harm like recording videos or hirin’ peacekeepers? All rendered useless. And those rusty ol’ fellas sweep every corner of the streets, so no evidence is left behind. No corpses, no weapons, no nuthin’. Not only do all the security measures stop, peeking at folk as a whole is banned during these hours! Well, stumbling on the scene o’ the crime ain’t banned. What it really means is… you ain’t suppos’d record videos o’ the scene or spy it with security cams… No one should be strolling the streets that late in the first place though, hoh hoh hon!

Cause of that, they don’t ask a darn thing about crimes happening during that time unless an eyewitness shows up. They just can’t, if I’m bein’ blunt. The public institutions… Ye know the deal, those shuckin’ shucks at the Head, Fixer Associations, vigilance peeps n’ the like. If one o’ those officials try to take a dig at somethin’ that happened during the Night in the Backstreets, some scary fellas called the Claws go after ‘em… I hear the Night in the Backstreets is considered a whatsit time for doin’ whatchamacallit permitted by the Head? I’ve got no dang clue why they set a time like this when every soul ‘ere’s already frightened to the bone. No matter what folks say, the Night in the Backstreets starts at 3:13 and ends at 4:34, ne’er too early or late by a single second, every time~

Jin’s Page posted:

The Backstreets aren’t some unlivable mess like some folk’re saying, ye see? Rough things do happen often ‘round here, sure, but there’s some effort at peacekeeping goin’ on to stop a whole lotta people dying all the harking time. Every area of the streets has some kinda neighborhood watch made outta local residents voluntarily doing jobs like Fixers do, trynna make the Backstreets a safer place. Unlike the so-called public safety Association that starts with a Z… whatever that stuffy org is called, the neighborhood watch ain’t chained to any official authority nor do they ask for huge fees. Each area’s got different styles of neighbors, so not everyone in every corner of the town likes ‘em. Most folks do appreciate that they’re kee’ing ‘em safe, though.

Mi’s Page posted:

There’s this one rule that stands squarely in this nigh-lawless land. Doing any kinda harm to the residential area is forbidden… No invading people’s homes, no demolishing ‘em, n’ all that. Not even the big n’ tough crooks of the Fingers can touch this! I’m guessing they decided it’s gotta stay the most whatsit place. If ye didn’t know, the City’s taboos are a ‘uge deal, ‘s much more serious than taboos of the Nest. You break it, and yer life’s over right then n’ there!

A Smiling Face’s Page posted:

The rules o’ the Backstreets don’t work in the Nest, and the opposite’s also true. You could drag a higher-up working for whatchamacallit from the Nest to the Backstreets and do whatsit to ‘em and get away with it, as long as it was during the Night in the Backstreets and no sneaky rat saw you doin’ it. But if you did the same whatsit in the Nest, you’d be breaking rules. The Night in the Backstreets is only a thing in the Backstreets, like da name suggests.

One last note about Smiling Faces targeting:

Apparently, on turn 1 their targeting is random, and on turns 2+ they will have a 25% chance of targeting normally, and a 75% chance of attacking the Librarian with the Highest Smoke, ties being broken by the left-to-right order of the Librarians on the setup screen. :eng101:

Thanks, MiiNiPaa!

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Aug 7, 2022

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wait, not only is the Night in the Backstreets officially sanctioned by the Head, investigating anything that happened during it is banned? :staredog:

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Zereth posted:

Wait, not only is the Night in the Backstreets officially sanctioned by the Head, investigating anything that happened during it is banned? :staredog:

It is officially sanctioned anarchy time, no law is allowed here.

I am more curious about this: No invading people’s homes, no demolishing ‘em, n’ all that. Not even the big n’ tough crooks of the Fingers can touch this!
Why did Gloria broke door to not-yet-lobotomized LaMarcus home then? Or is there loophole like "it is not destroying homes if everybody living in them are dead"

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

MiiNiPaa posted:

I am more curious about this: No invading people’s homes, no demolishing ‘em, n’ all that. Not even the big n’ tough crooks of the Fingers can touch this!
Why did Gloria broke door to not-yet-lobotomized LaMarcus home then? Or is there loophole like "it is not destroying homes if everybody living in them are dead"

I think that rule only applies during the Night in the Backstreets. At least that's how Distortion Detective puts it.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

MiiNiPaa posted:

LaMarcus could have been hiding somewhere that wasn't a home. Another sketchy case and an interesting one are the Kurokumo clan going into those peoples houses demanding protection money, and when Yesterdays Promise made that needle guy who ran around melting buildings and stuff.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

MiiNiPaa posted:

Plus, if Gloria got a prescript to go murder LaMarcus, she's kicking down his door regardless of what the Head says. If they send a Claw to kill her for violating a rule, then at least she went out following the prescripts to the letter.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

This seems like a nice time to stop. We'll be doing Hod's fourth Abnormality tea party next.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

TeeQueue posted:

We'll be doing Hod's fourth Abnormality tea party next.

:allears: I hope we will meet new friends and maybe even get a gift!

lyoid10
Jul 19, 2022
Woo cinnabun laetitia

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
I don't have the time to give this the render it probably deserves but the joke was in fact very funny in my head

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.
EDIT: never mind; what was here was pointless

NullBlack fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Aug 10, 2022

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

NullBlack posted:

also, I will not stand for this malicious slander of the Patrón of Art. Angela said it herself: "[Netzach] is quite capable of performing his duties even while inebriated." (LC LP, Day 20 Gameplay)

Yeah but Angela was also 100% bound to The Script then, so for all we know that was just a fluff piece put in by A to make X not ask why they can't fire Netzach every time.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Of course Netzach was capable of doing his duty while miserable, suicidal and drunk. His duty was to be a miserable suicidal drunk.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

That dialogue was also invented wholesale by TQ, and while his characterization is pretty on-point it probably shouldn't be taken as a be-all-end-all thing.

TheDoomkitten
Jun 11, 2022

Angela did nothing wrong.

MetaMeme posted:

I don't have the time to give this the render it probably deserves but the joke was in fact very funny in my head

this made me laugh hysterically for five straight minutes; thank you for the gift mia

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

NullBlack posted:

also, I will not stand for this malicious slander of the Patrón of Art.

Well I don't think perennial slacker Netzach has a flair for the dramatic, but I don't go to your posts and start pissing in your cheerios now do I

But I see your point, and I feel this one really encapsulates who Netzach is as a character.

MetaMeme fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Aug 8, 2022

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

TeeQueue posted:

I can’t explain it, he just keeps winding up being the dead one.

It's not the first time coincidences in your LPs have become a trend.

And it certainly won't be the last.

And it seems that there is only one way this voting can go.

After all, she is a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
nothing wrong? or Nothing Wrong?

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

nothing wrong? or Nothing Wrong?

And so the circle is unbroken as we come right back around to Vriscourse.

But in all seriousness, and on topic: I am a big fan of the aesthetic on this new group of idiots, and their mechanics rock. Stacking buffs / debuffs that don't "do" anything on their own but have strong multiplicative effects on incoming and outgoing damage are a great way to give attacks an extra cost or kicker, and being able to turn those detriments around (or just safeguard yourself against it) is very convenient. The fact that it's handled as psychotropic / mind-altering substances in The Library of all places is especially interesting. There's definitely a strong conceptual vibe that makes a lot of sense there: An aimlessly tripping mind is much more defenseless against assaults in a realm of solidified Light and cogent imagination, but at the same time the people who are used to it can take that brain-stretching experience and use it to their advantage.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

Ariamaki posted:

The fact that it's handled as psychotropic / mind-altering substances in The Library of all places is especially interesting. There's definitely a strong conceptual vibe that makes a lot of sense there: An aimlessly tripping mind is much more defenseless against assaults in a realm of solidified Light and cogent imagination, but at the same time the people who are used to it can take that brain-stretching experience and use it to their advantage.

...I'm one of the old ProjMoon hands here and I NEVER thought of that. That's really cool.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I was just expecting more people to make Cheech and Chong or Snoop Dogg jokes.

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.

Junpei posted:

I was just expecting more people to make Cheech and Chong or Snoop Dogg jokes.

Special Interaction: If you play Boundary of Death while the Librarian or the Target have 10 stacks of Smoke and roll the Maximum die value of 4, add +20 power instead of +45. Target is inflicted with 1 Paralysis from “totally trippin’ balls” and Librarian gains +1 Health and Stagger Health from “eating some munchies.”

Chaosbrain fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 10, 2022

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
It speaks well of the thread that the sense of humor present is not quite that tired.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

19 days until Weedbrary of Stonedina

Weedbrary of Stonedina confirmed

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

Hwurmp posted:

Weedbrary of Stonedina confirmed

🎵Open the baggie
Light up
Don’t waste a morsel of this dankest kush
Oh, this ganja’s strange
Like ‘Dude, where’s my car?’
Keep your bong smoking til the end🎵

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
One thing to note:

It can be hard to tell, what with not really having any focus or being lit up, but Eileen and Jae-Heon are wearing the same type of suit-same blue tie, same blue markings on the shoulder.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I'm guessing they both work for the Blue wossis'name to take on the Library. For what purpose however I can only speculate.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
According to Distortion Detective, the Smiling Faces' pipes apparently contain a homebrewed concoction that's mostly assorted narcotics. On the other hand, a supernaturally severe case of The Munchies WOULD explain their fondness for cannibalism...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Tombot posted:

I'm guessing they both work for the Blue wossis'name to take on the Library. For what purpose however I can only speculate.

And they seem to form a team called the Reverb Ensemble (with the Blue Reverberation in lead).

And that team is only growing as we speak.

Who knows what kind of new faces will join the band...

It's worth noting that Argalia had some special fabric made by the Carnival, so it might be what the fabric was used for.