Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

He was in Cocoon, a movie about a bunch of old retired dudes finding alien pods that restored their youthful energy.

35 years ago.

Makes you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
He was also in the Thing, a movie about an alien that can absorb any living thing and perfectly replicate it. :thunk:

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 3, 2020

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Lol if u think Wilford Brimley is personally running his Twitter account. Even George Takei's Twitter is professionally managed.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Brimley's isn't verified either, which raises the question of whether it's even him.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ralph Hurley posted:

He was in Cocoon, a movie about a bunch of old retired dudes finding alien pods that restored their youthful energy.

35 years ago.

Makes you think.

When Dad's Army began in 1968, Clive Dunn was 48 and playing a character who served in the Sudan Campaign (1884-1889). His co-star Arnold Ridley was 24 years older but playing a character at least a year younger.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Wilford Brimley moved to Wyoming so that he didn't have to talk to anyone ever again

He likes horses and silence

He's not on twitter, folks

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
When the Golden Girls first aired, Rue McClanahan was 51 and the rest were ~61. Estelle Getty was a year younger than Bea Arthur, despite playing her mother.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
And Betty White will outlive us all. They had good stock in St Olaf.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/JoeConchaTV/status/1224419860492451846?s=20

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I feel really bad about my initial reaction to this, so I am the schad.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Beachcomber posted:

I feel really bad about my initial reaction to this, so I am the schad.

Only feel bad if it was anything but "Good."

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

Only feel bad if it was anything but "Good."

"And nothing of value was lost"

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Antioch posted:

"And nothing of value was lost"

They're wasting perfectly good treatment

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Get this cancer out.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Guess he'll be back on the pain pills hardcore again, lol.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Garrand posted:

Cancer is finally going to get invited to parties :ohdear:

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Garrand posted:

We don't know that yet. They could give him sugar water in an IV, ipecac syrup orally, and some colon cleansers and use the drugs to someone who really needs the treatment.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The auditor-general's independent audit ruled that she'd severely breached the rules but when the Prime Minister's Office did their own thorough, in-depth investigation their conclusion was "Yeah but nah, but mostly nah??" and now that she's stepped down the paperwork has been hidden in-cabinet from Freedom Of Information requests for 20 years.

Also Barnaby Joyce is trying to regain leadership of the National Party, just two years after he had to step down in disgrace when it was discovered that he had a secret second family (and of course he'd been campaigning strongly about "family values" during the same sex marriage "debate").
In the 90s the right in the US was talking so much about family values and then it came out that a bunch of right-wing politicians were having affairs and poo poo and now I never hear about it. It's almost as if people realized that it was just a meaningless phrase that people used to get the reaction they wanted, like a twelve-year-old boy shouting out a line from a Saturday Night Live sketch to get a laugh from his friends.

gschmidl posted:

Speaking of nazis, looks like the master race isn't the mastercard race.

How do I contact Dreamstime to tell them they're stealing the stock photo without going to that site?
How are people so supportive of capitalism so bad at it?!?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

gschmidl posted:

Speaking of nazis, looks like the master race isn't the mastercard race.

How do I contact Dreamstime to tell them they're stealing the stock photo without going to that site?

I know nothing about running websites but

1) how is it that expensive to run a website that I assume not many people visit (low bandwidth costs)
2) can he seriously not get people to write articles for free

?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

If he's hosting a lot of images it could take a lot of bandwidth

Also paying writers is probably a large chuck of the website costs, nobody writes that garbage for free, its all a grift

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fried Watermelon posted:

But basically all the image hosting websites are either nazi-friendly or at least ambivalent. Imgur for one doesn't give a fuuuuuuck how racist you are.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Fried Watermelon posted:

Also paying writers is probably a large chuck of the website costs, nobody writes that garbage for free, its all a grift

120k per year to host images?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

When your website is a grift to pay your friends for doing basically nothing you want to bring in as much griftbux as possible. Add to that advertising revenue is not going to be high on a site that no one wants to be associated with so you can't offset it with that.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I will not prematurely celebrate the slow, painful death of a man even if he absolutely deserves worse.

But I will set aside a small fund for a celebratory drink and dessert in the future.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

When your website is a grift to pay your friends for doing basically nothing you want to bring in as much griftbux as possible. Add to that advertising revenue is not going to be high on a site that no one wants to be associated with so you can't offset it with that.

Yeah I can see it costing him like 10k a year but not 10k a loving month lol

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
why can't they just freemarket themselves out of this little jam?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

canyoneer posted:

why can't they just freemarket themselves out of this little jam?

(((Conspiracy)))

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
We will not be celebrating someone getting cancer itt. Even if it’s a extremely distasteful person.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Burt Sexual posted:

We will not be celebrating someone getting cancer itt. Even if it’s a extremely distasteful person.

Can you recommend a thread where we could?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Maybe you won't!

:toot:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

We should send a "Best of Luck!" box of cigars.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Kevin_Church/status/1224458052260245504

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

bad call burt

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

If it's legitimate, the male body has ways to shut that whole thing down.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I should get a metal for smoking is some amazing bullshit

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I'm not celebrating because I genuinely don't care.

That said, if he didn't want people to be happy that he's suffering, maybe he shouldn't have spent decades calling them names and poo poo. Just a thought.

He's right though, we should give him a medal for smoking, because his smoking gave Rush Limbaugh cancer and that was pretty awesome.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

trickybiscuits posted:

He's right though, we should give him a medal for smoking, because his smoking gave Rush Limbaugh cancer and that was pretty awesome.

That is a myth

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

canyoneer posted:

That is a myth

I'm too busy calling marijuana "tobacco" to look this sort of thing up do you have a newsletter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

purple death ray posted:

Can you recommend a thread where we could?

Somewhere on Reddit