Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Geostomp posted:

They still haven’t given Shakkuomon a proper evolution.

They gave him SlashAngemon on the Pendulum Z.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Seeing this episode made me realize something off about the two groups: Yamato, Sora and Joe tend to travel using their Digimons' Champion forms, meanwhile, we only see Taichi, Koshiro and Mimi going on foot. It's a really weird omission when there's supposed to be a sense of urgency in their mission. It doesn't help that Taichi and the others going into the cave feels a lot like a side quest since Koshiro never says that going through it would get them closer to their destination.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Fangz posted:

I wonder if they are really back or if it's some illusion-Tokyo.
I'm very strongly in camp "illusion-Tokyo." The people wandering around didn't seem even slightly bothered by either the crisis, or three kids and their toddler-sized monsters suddenly showing up. And, from a plot perspective, them being able to get home from a random, completely undefended cave would make the whole Holy Digimon thing weirdly pointless.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

amigolupus posted:

Seeing this episode made me realize something off about the two groups: Yamato, Sora and Joe tend to travel using their Digimons' Champion forms, meanwhile, we only see Taichi, Koshiro and Mimi going on foot. It's a really weird omission when there's supposed to be a sense of urgency in their mission. It doesn't help that Taichi and the others going into the cave feels a lot like a side quest since Koshiro never says that going through it would get them closer to their destination.

I guess the idea is that the TKM team are taking a shorter but more dangerous/rougher route, while the YSJ team are taking a longer but safer route. YSJ got all the useful transportation digimon (the flier, and the swimmer), whereas TKM got the muscle (specifically, Taichi/Agumon already had his ultimate form).

Fangz fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 13, 2020

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm very strongly in camp "illusion-Tokyo." The people wandering around didn't seem even slightly bothered by either the crisis, or three kids and their toddler-sized monsters suddenly showing up. And, from a plot perspective, them being able to get home from a random, completely undefended cave would make the whole Holy Digimon thing weirdly pointless.

The Next Time On thing seems to point at this being a full on illusion ala the Mansion from season 1, since we see Tokyo get all digital fuzzed and look like the in between space from the first three episodes

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Watching the preview, you can see what looks like people turning into Digimon, so I'm sure it's some kind of illusion concocted by Devimon slaves.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Geostomp posted:

They still haven’t given Shakkuomon a proper evolution.

True, though ClavisAngemon would be a perfect fit and SlashAngemon works decently enough

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I dislike using angels for Shakkoumon because it makes it feel more like Takeru’s Ultimate, and he and Patamon already have Seraphimon.

Personally, I would focus on the armor and metallic portions of the design. In that vein I rather like Bryweludramon, even if he’s not designed for the role.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He's a design that deserves his own evolution.

Mind you could say that about Anklyomon as well

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Honestly this episode was kind of weak but bara Zudomon can only give us very good fanart.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Honestly this episode was kind of weak but bara Zudomon can only give us very good fanart.

I must unfortunately be the one to tell you that it definitely already exists. It’s the internet, of course there are people horny for Zudomon.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Bara Zudomon has been in my head for the last few days and I'm so happy someone else said it first.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The idea of Ikkakumon being ripped under his fur has me spinning.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TheHan posted:

The idea of Ikkakumon being ripped under his fur has me spinning.
It’d be like a shaved bear but even more terrifying.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Nodosaur posted:

I dislike using angels for Shakkoumon because it makes it feel more like Takeru’s Ultimate, and he and Patamon already have Seraphimon.

Personally, I would focus on the armor and metallic portions of the design. In that vein I rather like Bryweludramon, even if he’s not designed for the role.

Agreed. We have both the angel lines on the team, so I would like to see something different for Ankylomon’s line. Hawkmon’s line is perfectly fitting as is, but Armadillomon’s original line has no clear theme and ends with a Viking monster for no apparent reason. Just make him some heavily armored beast or something.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 14, 2020

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
If the idea is ancient thing+armored, and shakkoumon represents a long time-jump from ankylomon (dinosaur to humanity) then the next logical step is something like locomon, an older technology but from the other end of human development

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

CannonDramon and UltimateBrachimon are some common alternate suggestions for Armadimon's line to end on

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i mean it goes from small turtley thing to bigger turtley thing so i'd end it as like eldradimon but that wouldn't be great for a show

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

CannonDramon and UltimateBrachimon are some common alternate suggestions for Armadimon's line to end on

Cannondramon looks more “friendly” and fits the color scheme. Plus it has some elements that could tie to all four other Armadillomon evolutions seen in the show. Not being humanoid at all is a big plus in my book since we have too many of that kind of Mega.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I agree with CannonDramon fitting better.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I’m poking around with the TTS module for the new card game, and it seems pretty cool so far. Can’t imagine I’d get too much into the physical game even if Rona weren’t an issue, but it definitely seems neat and I’m wondering if there are other goons or goon adjacent who are also playing it, or have tried it, and what they think?

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

I downloaded the TTS module but haven't had any luck convincing my friends to play with me so far, at this point I'll prob just end up playing against myself to see if I like the game flow but good to hear a positive opinion about it! Haven't really played a TCG in a long while so it'd be nice to come back to them with a franchise I like.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I've been super busy so I had no chance to try it. Also I've lost the link so if anyone can send it, I'll be grateful.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I've been super busy so I had no chance to try it. Also I've lost the link so if anyone can send it, I'll be grateful.

Do you mean the Tabletop Sim module? That should still be up on the steam workshop unless they took it down.

Or were you thinking of this standalone one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yYgyiwi6mw

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Do you mean the Tabletop Sim module? That should still be up on the steam workshop unless they took it down.

Or were you thinking of this standalone one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yYgyiwi6mw

I meant that one, I didn't know there was a Steam thing at all! Does it work well?

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I meant that one, I didn't know there was a Steam thing at all! Does it work well?

So the steam thing is through https://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/Tabletop_Simulator/ which does a whole bunch of board games out of the box and a ton more off of the steam workshop, the official stuff works well but when it comes to the fan made stuff like the Digimon TCG module it all depends on how much effort the modders put in with stuff ranging from all automated play to having to do things completely manually, the TCG up on the workshop right now looks like it has a pretty good feature set to make setup and playing pretty easy but I haven't poked at it myself yet.

edit: Oh yes as a side note the TTS module looks like it has the game fully functional with up to date cards, while the standalone app doesn't seem to let you mix deck colors and only goes up to 87 cards?

A Cup of Ramen fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 15, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think there's also an OCTGN module for it, but I haven't used that myself since my early Netrunner days, so I dunno.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Is it this mod? A friend said there's a few.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Is it this mod? A friend said there's a few.

Yup that's the one that looks most complete.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I looked into the card game the last time it was brought up in the thread and was pleasantly surprised by it. It’s simpler than something like Yugioh but the tug-of-war style resource system is pretty interesting, and the way effects are inherited through evolution is neat. I played a bit of the standalone app, and downloaded the TTS mod but I quickly realized I don’t know anyone who’d be interested in playing with me either

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

From what I've heard the new card game cribs heavily from Duel Masters for it's rules, which honestly makes sense as that game is really popular over in Japan compared to its obscurity in the US(like it's managed to hold a spot in the top 3 for TCG's in Japan for pretty much the entirety of it's existence)

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
FWIW the guy who desined Duel Masters designed the Chrono Clash LCG system upon which DCG is based on.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I enjoyed Duel Masters before the power creep got absurd.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

ConanThe3rd posted:

FWIW the guy who desined Duel Masters designed the Chrono Clash LCG system upon which DCG is based on.

That makes sense

PMush Perfect posted:

I enjoyed Duel Masters before the power creep got absurd.

On the one hand I get what you're saying on the other hand though I can't help but appreciate just how ridiculous Duel Masters has taken it at times, especially since as far as I can tell it mostly managed to avoid the worst vices of game design that Yugioh and MTG fall into

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my God

Bara Zudomon was hiding so much from us

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zudomon's Digimon Reference Book profile states that...

Digimon Reference Book posted:

It further guards its well-tempered muscles with protectors, which it made from the pelt and shell that it stole from its opponents.

Adventure: confirms that said defeated opponent is Archelomon, something we never knew before. Checking both side to side, their shells are nearly identical, so it makes complete sense, just no one thought of it before.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nah a lot of people have noted that connection before

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

If I were a buff walrus viking, and I’m not saying I’m not, and I wanted to harvest parts from a fallen opponent, I would take the giant knife-flippers along with the shell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Joe has to murder an Archelomon whenever he needs Gomamon to go Ultimate.