Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Also kinda racist if you look under the hood too far :v:

I’m tired of these alt-right dog whistles in my Nintendo games!

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

sir, that is clearly a raccoon

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Nodosaur posted:

sir, that is clearly a raccoon

That’s a Tanuki and you know it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The Adventure reboot is realgood.

On the thread's recommendation, I decided to start App Monsters and it's pretty good so far! It feels like a much lighter and more toyetic Tamers through the first 7 episodes.

Please tell me that Astora gets less annoying. His catchphrase got old the 8th time he said it and he just kept going.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Some Numbers posted:

On the thread's recommendation, I decided to start App Monsters and it's pretty good so far! It feels like a much lighter and more toyetic Tamers through the first 7 episodes.

Please tell me that Astora gets less annoying. His catchphrase got old the 8th time he said it and he just kept going.

Astra is kind of take it or leave it, but he gets a decent number of legitimately good episodes.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Astora’s (and Eri’s) ticks don’t go away I’m afraid.

The rest of the show is fine, great even but oh boy does the show want you to know wether something is groovy or will be hit with Eri’s big bang punch. That she never personally uses.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ConanThe3rd posted:

Astora’s (and Eri’s) ticks don’t go away I’m afraid.

The rest of the show is fine, great even but oh boy does the show want you to know wether something is groovy or will be hit with Eri’s big bang punch. That she never personally uses.

At least Eri has other stuff going one besides her catchphrase.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think Eyesmon may be the most broken Adult-level Digimon in existence.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nodosaur posted:

Considering Arkadimon exists that is a very bold claim, guess I'll have to see when I watcg the episode

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

Considering Arkadimon exists that is a very bold claim, guess I'll have to see when I watcg the episode

It's only an Adult and SIX perfects couldn't successfully kill it, plus it has illusion and conjuring powers.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

It's only an Adult and SIX perfects couldn't successfully kill it, plus it has illusion and conjuring powers.

Sounds like Devimon's getting built up to not need evolution!

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Nodosaur posted:

Considering this Eyesmon ate apparently Tokyo's entire data sphere, and Koushirou points out they're in enemy controlled territory, and it evolved to Perfect at the drop of a hat (and is slated to evolve to Ultimate shortly) I think assuming this Eyesmon's performance is in any way representative of a "regular" Eyesmon is a stretch. Also the illusion was incredibly bad, Devimon's illusion in 99 was way more convincing because he manifested food and a lot of material goods that seemed real at the moment, Eyesmon's illusion broke at the slightest provocation. If anyone had talked to one of the "people" walking around the jig would have been up a lot sooner.

Burkion posted:

Sounds like Devimon's getting built up to not need evolution!

I doubt it. Algomon and Eyesmon are/will both evolve to Ultimate, so if Devimon is going to show up and be an arc boss I would say the real question is not if he'll fight as an adult but whether he'll evolve into an established digimon or something entirely new. I lean towards "new" but there's still a non-zero chance they'll do a two-for-one in nostalgia villains by having him evolve to Venom Vamdemon or something.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One thing keeps me thinking that Devimon is going to fight as a champion

That's how goddamn iconic Devimon VS Angemon was. Mind, Devimon could still keep evolving, but we'll see. So far I'm not entirely convinced he's actually a Devimon- due to the weird way he's been presented, I'm thinking he's a different Digimon using Devimon as a false image basically.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Burkion posted:

One thing keeps me thinking that Devimon is going to fight as a champion

That's how goddamn iconic Devimon VS Angemon was. Mind, Devimon could still keep evolving, but we'll see. So far I'm not entirely convinced he's actually a Devimon- due to the weird way he's been presented, I'm thinking he's a different Digimon using Devimon as a false image basically.

I have absolutely no doubt we'll get Angemon vs Devimon, and heck the fight might actually be good this time. My belief is that their fight won't be the end of it. Depending on when they do it they could go really wild and use that sequence to bring in Angewomon vs Vamdemon and then embrace inevitability and have War Greymon/Metal Garurumon vs Venom Vamdemon.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I dunno about anyone else but all I could think of during this whole episode was “Party Party Party” by Andrew WK.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So amusingly, Lilimon seems to be more durable than WereGarurumon.

No one was really hurt, but she shrugged off a 747 slamming into her at full speed while WereGarurumon was slightly more bothered by a building hitting him.

I could joke about WereGarurumon all day honestly.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
WorfGarurumon

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Burkion posted:

So amusingly, Lilimon seems to be more durable than WereGarurumon.

No one was really hurt, but she shrugged off a 747 slamming into her at full speed while WereGarurumon was slightly more bothered by a building hitting him.

I could joke about WereGarurumon all day honestly.

She deserves it after her horrible showing in '99. Goddamn.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I love how everyone was rushing into battle and weregarurumon was just chilling on Zudomon's sholuder

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

This episode was SO COOL seeing all six perfects on screen at once gave me chills

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's a small touch, but I love that his initial stance during MetalGreymon's transformation shows just how heavy his arm is.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Episode 16: There were very few times in the OG where the whole team's highest levels fought together and actually did something, so that last bit was super cool.

Though as has been the case, the pacing is still completely breakneck.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Some Numbers posted:

Episode 16: There were very few times in the OG where the whole team's highest levels fought together and actually did something, so that last bit was super cool.

Though as has been the case, the pacing is still completely breakneck.

I like how this episode slowed down a little and took a breath rather than rushed to introduce a new Perfect though. I think it's one of the top episodes of the season other than the first two and Atlurkabuterimon's ep.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I want to play the new tcg... but I have nor friends who I can get to play it with me when it comes out

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I really thought that this episode was going to be a one-off, where Taichi, Koshiro and Mimi stumble into the mouth of something that makes illusions so it can eat them, and then they beat it so they can go to the meeting point. Except no, the monster actually turns out to be plot important, and then Yamato and his party arrive on the scene.

I still love the episode, but it highlights how Taichi's group walking around is incredibly silly and nonsensical. We never see them ride their Digimons to get around, and yet they somehow managed to cover enough distance to stumble into the place where plot happens, and way ahead of Yamato and the others, to boot.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

amigolupus posted:

I really thought that this episode was going to be a one-off, where Taichi, Koshiro and Mimi stumble into the mouth of something that makes illusions so it can eat them, and then they beat it so they can go to the meeting point. Except no, the monster actually turns out to be plot important, and then Yamato and his party arrive on the scene.

I still love the episode, but it highlights how Taichi's group walking around is incredibly silly and nonsensical. We never see them ride their Digimons to get around, and yet they somehow managed to cover enough distance to stumble into the place where plot happens, and way ahead of Yamato and the others, to boot.

So there are two things to this that I think works out logically.

The first is, while you could ride Greymon and Kabuterimon, they're not exactly convenient TO ride. Kabuterimon doesn't seem like the fastest flier in the world and he's really humanoid, Greymon isn't all that fast and is also awkward to ride. And Togemon is not a Digimon you want to be sitting on. Compare that to Birdramon, who can pick up logs with her feet for the kids to ride on and is really fast at flying, Garurumon who only one of the kids can really ride at a time but is really fast, and Ikkakumon who is much more convenient to ride in specific situations, you kind of have a clear picture of why they didn't.

The second is something that dovetails nicely with what we see- Tai's group seems to have taken the shorter, more direct but more dangerous path, as they got smacked face first with the most powerful threats that frequently went out of their way to attack and harass them. Matt's group took the longer but safer route, knowing they had the Digimon to get across it faster. They faced comparatively fewer threats and could have easily escaped most of them.

Some people I've also seen complain that Tai's mom isn't worried that her son has been gone for three days, but I'm not sure that's what's going on. When they went to the Digital World the energy crisis was already going on- long enough that Sora went out for supplies for her family. I'm thinking that they've only been gone a few hours in the real world, which is why Tai's family thinks he's just out in the chaos and not missing-missing.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I kinda think their parents *are* really worried but Taichi's parents in particular are putting a brave face on things for his sister's sake.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fangz posted:

I kinda think their parents *are* really worried but Taichi's parents in particular are putting a brave face on things for his sister's sake.

Oh they're definitely still worried, I just don't think it's been three days since they got to the Digital World

Also neat thing, Mimi did reference her parents in particular, so we might still see those two at some point

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

amigolupus posted:

Burkions post outlined some reasons for it but also, its possible the cave was more like a literal portal in that they possibly were moved closer to the objective then the distance they walked down it. Ultimately it doesnt really matter anyway, its not like its important

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Burkion posted:

Oh they're definitely still worried, I just don't think it's been three days since they got to the Digital World

No, it has explicitly been just about been three days Real World time since episode 3. Koushirou says directly that it's the night of the third day in the most recent episode, tying back to what he said in episode 3 that after three days of power failure the city would basically collapse. That Three Day real world time limit has been brought up repeatedly throughout the arc, the cast left on the first day, and in updates time has slowly been moving foward with Koushirou noting when it got to the second day and now into the third.

Sora was sent to get supplies on the morning of the first day, which is about also when Taichi realized it was something to do with the digital world and so he and Koushirou had to do something about it. It hasn't been a few hours, the cast have been gone at least two nights by now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, the "Taichi's mom is putting on a brave face for Kairi" explanation makes sense to me. She already waited as long as she reasonably could before evacuating, and if we got more focus on her, I'm sure we'd see just how difficult a decision that was.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Man that was a good episode. I love me some weird creatures with evil eyes everywhere. It was neat seeing everybody team up against Perfect Chaos.

How long have there been sound effects in the opening? Have they always been there and I just never noticed somehow?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

How long have there been sound effects in the opening? Have they always been there and I just never noticed somehow?

I think for two or three episodes at this point.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Tangentially related to riding chat, here's a chart I found on Reddit of the sizes of the protagonists' Digimon from Adventure to Savers.

The most surprising things to me were Lilamon being bigger than Greymon and MegaGargomon being so enormous that the next tallest only comes up to his waist.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Geostomp posted:

Tangentially related to riding chat, here's a chart I found on Reddit of the sizes of the protagonists' Digimon from Adventure to Savers.

The most surprising things to me were Lilamon being bigger than Greymon and MegaGargomon being so enormous that the next tallest only comes up to his waist.

That chart was made by Homeostasis, who has done several more size comparisons. They're pretty neat, I didn't notice just how different of a size Greymon and MetalGreymon were before (and then Adventure: showed it pretty clearly too).

We also have the results of DigiPoll 12
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1309165082371403778
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1309165087433916417

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It feels like Megakabuterimon should be wider

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Geostomp posted:

Huh,

MetalGreymon, GeoGreymon and MegaKabuterimon are all way the hell bigger than I had in my mental image of everything.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Geostomp posted:

This is cool as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Someone made a really nice AMV of X-Treme Fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAm6ubDeGQs