Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Ariong posted:

Can’t wait to watch another banger of a video from the “people who care about racism are the ones who are really tearing America apart” guy

lore me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Yeah what

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLTeMC81FV0&t=1475s

I’m not going to say you’re a bad person of you keep watching his videos or anything but personally I can’t because I’m constantly on edge that he’s suddenly going to launch into yet another ramble from the “complaining about racism is disrespectful to the civil rights movement” school of genius.

EDIT: Wow I haven’t watched this in a while and it’s worse than I remember. Look, MAYBE one in ten thousand people in America are still overtly racist. Yup, that’s America, home to no more than 30,000 overt racists! LMAO

Ariong fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 3, 2024

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Ahoy returns with a simple question, What Genre is DOOM anyway?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuyImR_dI6g

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

he's a chud on youtube

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

he's a chud on youtube

so am i

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
For people who don't actually upload videos being a chud on Youtube means watching videos of liberals and yelling at the screen

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Ariong posted:

EDIT: Wow I haven’t watched this in a while and it’s worse than I remember. Look, MAYBE one in ten thousand people in America are still overtly racist. Yup, that’s America, home to no more than 30,000 overt racists! LMAO

This is bordering on performance art. He literally shows a picture that looks remarkably like Nazi marchers in Charlottesville where a woman was murdered with a car while saying "let racists be racist because it's just an opinion" but then apparently the real divisiveness and violence is the fault of bad Jimmy Kimmel jokes at the Oscars

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Ariong posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLTeMC81FV0&t=1475s

I’m not going to say you’re a bad person of you keep watching his videos or anything but personally I can’t because I’m constantly on edge that he’s suddenly going to launch into yet another ramble from the “complaining about racism is disrespectful to the civil rights movement” school of genius.

Hopefully he learned and grew from that because wow that is pretty bad.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Jaiden is thinking Miku, Miku, oo-ee-oo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj54_Ses0pM&hd=1

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Dongicus posted:

season 2 set up this autistic kid character very early on but players hated her so she just gets randomly brutally killed for no reason

didn't they do something like this in the batman comics, where they had some new robin that people were mad at and fans voted to have him die in an explosion in a poll DC put out

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Youtube's finest oldtime music channel uploaded another forgotten classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suXO7Yy_A-8

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’m still not clear on if those are actual old songs or they’re made for the channel

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Whirling posted:

didn't they do something like this in the batman comics, where they had some new robin that people were mad at and fans voted to have him die in an explosion in a poll DC put out

Yeah and then 30 years later they admitted the poll overwhelmingly voted to save him but they still brutally murdered him and blamed the readers for decades

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

lmao

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RatHat posted:

I’m still not clear on if those are actual old songs or they’re made for the channel
they're made with AI (the creator did an AMA on reddit once) but i assume the dataset is sourced from old vinyl records that are out of print/nebulous in terms of copyright. the creator writes the lyrics

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's one of the uses for AI content I'm cool with

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Cvit did an excellent Ashita No Joe review that, around the 4:08 mark, manages to solidify my hatred for MMA culture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWtgStR0k0Q

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zore posted:

Yeah and then 30 years later they admitted the poll overwhelmingly voted to save him but they still brutally murdered him and blamed the readers for decades

wait, really? As recently as two years ago they were still saying Kill won by 72 votes

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Pigbuster posted:

wait, really? As recently as two years ago they were still saying Kill won by 72 votes

Yeah I hadn't heard otherwise either, even when they released the alternate version (where he survives) last year.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

:imunfunny:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Runa posted:

It's one of the uses for AI content I'm cool with

why

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ai slop is good because ???

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm not actually sure why

Guess I could re-examine that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just because its stealing from people who are dead and/or forgotten doesnt make it not the same kind of thing as crappy ai art

actually that makes it worse imo

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Zore posted:

oh gently caress, didn't know that.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
If you take everything in this article at it's word that's just an urban legend

As for the 30 years later thing I can't find anything apart from DC reopening the poll

There's more in depth on the story here and the possibility of auto-dialling machines influencing the results is metioned but nothing verified.

Gnome de plume fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 4, 2024

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
My bad, I looked up the original place I saw that and it was conflating the auto-dialer thing that piece mentions with an unnamed source from DC that supposedly confessed it.

The conspiracy rabbit hole goes incredibly deep there I guess.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s a poo poo post. It’s made with the intent to be silly and not with the intent to be some kind of art. I like ai art when it’s someone plugging in a prompt and the result is a disgusting mess. It’s just dang funny.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Zore posted:

My bad, I looked up the original place I saw that and it was conflating the auto-dialer thing that piece mentions with an unnamed source from DC that supposedly confessed it.

The conspiracy rabbit hole goes incredibly deep there I guess.

dont feel bad. people do get plausibly that mad about Batman. that mad at least,

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
In any case, it's not like Jason stayed dead.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

It’s a poo poo post. It’s made with the intent to be silly and not with the intent to be some kind of art. I like ai art when it’s someone plugging in a prompt and the result is a disgusting mess. It’s just dang funny.
it isnt funny

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

people in glass houses endorph

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

how dare people like thing

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
im going to generate a bazooka and blow ai memes off the face of the loving earth

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

how dare people like thing

You seem very dumb if that's your take away.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
I think there's a salient, moral point that Endorph raises here: That even when sourced on public domain content, this kind of ML content is stuff that disincentivizes innovation and creation of new ideas and is being actively used to undermine the labor of working creatives while at the same time being parasitically dependent on those same creatives to provide the training data that fuels them. Giving attention to this AI stuff, even when it's made with algorithms not trained on stolen data or is made as a deliberate shitpost, is only giving power to the forces that devalue creative labor.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
also more importantly its insanely unfunny

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My favorite ai piece is joe Biden and trump eating pasta. It’s perfectly insane and the peak and end of ai to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You seem very dumb if that's your take away.

You are dumb!!!