Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

npr the video game uses the location you entered into your profile data and every time you boot up it says "it sure is great to be here in [location]" and there is applause.

i set it so it always says it sure is great to be here in butte, montana

applause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

take the All Things Considered feat at level 6 to minmax the bonus to wisdom

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Strip away the ground with glistening blades! It's NPR News!"

Lmao

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

mario throws a fireball at the villager. the villager, with the smug superiority of an npr supporter, whips out his nina totenber tote bag and stashes the fireball nicely. mario frowns, but then activates his karl kasell assist trophy and the villager must guess the final word of three limericks correctly if he wishes to get karl's voice on his answering machine

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Diane Rehm stands over a freshly dug grave in the cemetery as rain falls down upon her. "They'll pay for what they did to you, Neal" She resolves as she turns her back on the grave. "I'll show them...the TRUE power...OF CALL IN SHOWS!" She steps away revealing the gravestone which reads "Talk of the Nation." The Mega Man 2 theme music plays.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hot Dog Day #31 posted:

Diane Rehm stands over a freshly dug grave in the cemetery as rain falls down upon her. "They'll pay for what they did to you, Neal" She resolves as she turns her back on the grave. "I'll show them...the TRUE power...OF CALL IN SHOWS!" She steps away revealing the gravestone which reads "Talk of the Nation." The Mega Man 2 theme music plays.

On the last day of talk of the nation a guy called in to say 9/11 was an inside job and for the first time I ever heard listening Neal lost his composure and really gave the caller a dressing down lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Terry Gross: Die monster. You don’t belong in this studio!
Tom Ashbrook: It was not by my hand I was once again given flesh. I was brought here by listeners who wished to be my donating supporters!
Terry Gross: Supporters!? You steal men’s souls, and make them your slaves!
Tom Ashbrook: Perhaps the same could be said of all call-in shows…
Terry Gross: Your words are as empty as your soul! Radio ill needs a host such as you!
Tom Ashbrook: What is a man? A miserable little pile of opinions. But enough talk… this is On Point!
Terry Gross: And if you don't want to become a slave to ad-driven commercial radio, call in and pledge your support now.
Tom Ashbrook: That's right, Terry. Public radio brings you the kind of in-depth news analysis you won't get from Dracula, or anywhere else. So call now, at 800-555...

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Tom Ashbrook: It was not by my hand I was once again given flesh. I was brought here by listeners who wished to be my donating supporters!
Terry Gross: Your words are as empty as your soul! Radio ill needs a host such as you!
Tom Ashbrook: What is a man? A miserable little pile of opinions. But enough talk… this is On Point!
Terry Gross: And if you don't want to become a slave to ad-driven commercial radio, call in and pledge your support now.
Tom Ashbrook: That's right, Terry. Public radio brings you the kind of in-depth news analysis you won't get from Dracula, or anywhere else. So call now, at 800-555...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I only added the pledge drive bit because I was like "Why are Terry Gross and Tom Ashbrook on the same show?" And then while I was being a-spec, I drew them as hedgehogs.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

hold on i am going to mail this to them to use in their next pledge drive

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

On the last day of talk of the nation a guy called in to say 9/11 was an inside job and for the first time I ever heard listening Neal lost his composure and really gave the caller a dressing down lmao

This is the best Neal Conan moment for my money https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPMvqwct2vk RIP in peace talk of the nation :(

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hot Dog Day #31 posted:

This is the best Neal Conan moment for my money https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPMvqwct2vk RIP in peace talk of the nation :(

Hahahaha

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Then go do them"

He was probably talking about gay men's asses lmao

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
hi im ira glass

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Dec 26, 2012

Hot Dog Day #31 posted:

lmfao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What's faker, the laughter on Wait Wait Don't Tell me, or Tidus and Yuna in FFX?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

What's faker, the laughter on Wait Wait Don't Tell me, or Tidus and Yuna in FFX?

try and find out about "what's in the news" with Michael Feldman?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's seriously the most godawful thing of all time

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

it's seriously the most godawful thing of all time
Untrue. The worst show ever to air on any public radio service is a CBC show called Vinyl Cafe.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I found it it's called "whad ya know" and I'll try and find a clip

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

im going to gently caress diane rehm

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Swelter Discharge posted:

im going to gently caress diane rehm

I'm gonna gently caress terry gross

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

try and find out about "what's in the news" with Michael Feldman?

You take that back you son of a bitch!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

FactsAreUseless posted:

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
it's free to play but every once in a while the game spams ads at you for an entire week

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

stoutfish posted:

it's free to play but every once in a while the game spams ads at you for an entire week
"Uh oh! Looks like NPR is out of Foreign Reporting Crystals. You know, these crystals let NPR have more foreign reporters than any other American news service... and without them we can't afford to send Ari Shapiro to Palestine, or Steve Inskeep to Syria! Click here to buy more crystals for $4.99."

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
I need to get every coffee mug those things will be worth tons of money on ebay.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mike Birbiglia just keeps showing up. Did you invite him onto your show? No, but he is there. Collect 8 short nonfiction pieces to make him go away.

lmfao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Today on This American Life: "This Isn't Even My Final Form," an episode exploring transformation, true forms, and boss culture. From Yakra disguised as the Chancellor to Kuja's trance mode, we examine the ways our antagonists continue to surprise us. Our show begins in the small town of Corneria, where a man named Garland once terrified the populace. But Garland would prove to be something much more... a surrogate father to a lost princess.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What?! Eugene Mirman is evolving!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Today on This American Life: "This Isn't Even My Final Form," an episode exploring transformation, true forms, and boss culture. From Yakra disguised as the Chancellor to Kuja's trance mode, we examine the ways our antagonists continue to surprise us. Our show begins in the small town of Corneria, where a man named Garland once terrified the populace. But Garland would prove to be something much more... a surrogate father to a lost princess.

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

EUGENE evolved into... MIRMONSTER!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Part one: we take a visit to meet a man named Saro, who would later become Necrosaro"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Today on On Point: Left Vs. Right. Some say a translation error in Breath of Fire 4 made its desert unnavigable. Others say it perfectly exemplifies American politics. My guests today, NPR's own Andy Borowitz, and Breath of Fire 2 protagonist Jean.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Man, they could only get Jean? I heard that Bow was on Meet the Press last Sunday...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
DukeVision would be awesome, the ability to drop Duke Nukem into any Xbox game.

Duke Nukem in Dead Rising: What do you mean there isn't a strip club around, this is vegas!

Duke Nukem in Sonic 4: I'm not running anywhere, these god drat rings all over the place... what the hell are they anyway, cock rings? Hmmn, nope, too small for that

Gears of Wars: What are you rear end in a top hat doing cowering behind cover? Come out here and be a man, I'm sure there is a med pack around the corner anyway you little babies.

God of War: Hey Bro, heard you can get me into hell, I got a few ex's I wanna look up.