Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
"Look into its eyes. Look into its beady red eyes. Can you see it looking back? ... Coach Mergoyle has acknowledged you. Now, your place is here."

The Alder Sculpture Garden was constructed forty years ago as a family friendly tourism destination. It contains 64 life-sized statues commissioned from a wide variety of modern scupturists. It's most famous exhibit was commissioned from Norbett Ornhill who was recently honored with the lifetime achievement award by the Council for the Promotion of the Arts. His masterpiece "Ascending From Water" stands in the center of Alder Sculpture Garden and depicts a winged mermaid erupting from the center of a tranquil koi pond.

Norbett Ornhill is not allowed on the premises of Alder Sculpture Garden. The current inhabitants consider him a dangerous and heretical figure for his outspoken condemnation of The Stoned People's Army and their unlawful occupation of Alder Sculpture Garden.

The Stoned People's Army reclaimed the Garden from proper authorities three and a half years ago. They are defined by a loosely held dogma that all humanoid statues of the Garden are living creatures immortalized in stone for their great deeds in past wars. They have deified "Ascending From Water", or Coach Mergoyle as she is called now, as the patron god of their religion, surrounded by other minor and major saints. The wishes of Coach Mergoyle are interpreted by the movements of the Koi that live beneath her or by staring deeply into her crimson eyes.

The Stoned People's Army hold two principles above all others. Firstly, that they must fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. This has been interpreted by the group at large to mean they must fight on behalf of the statues. Secondly, they believe that by achieving a lifetime of great victories in the ring, they too may be honored by an eternal life in stone.

Norbett Ornhill has this to say about the group. "They do a lot of drugs. Think the statues are alive cause they see the eyes move sometimes. Morons. It's an artistic technique! 'Ubiquitous Gaze' or the 'Wandering Eye Method'; they teach it in art school! Immortalized in stone? They can gently caress right off with that madness."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Marquise Adelina Francesca de Neraglia

Second-born child of a land-rich but bankrupt noble family, Adelina has invested a significant portion of her family's wealth into establishing the Menagerie, a stable of fighters selected more for their outlandish appearance and fighting styles than for their winning records. A learned, scholarly but eccentric woman, Adelina's theory is as follows: so long as her fighters put on a good show for the masses, they are likely to keep getting booked, and to keep the cash flow coming. That being said, after a season of getting her finances back under control, something has changed. She has found herself enjoying the sensation of seeing her champions triumph in the field of battle. Perhaps in this new season, it is time to focus a bit more on victory... while still keeping the Menangerie's style and kayfabe that has gained them a faithful fanbase.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Hey, everyone! This is your reminder that signups close at 8:30 Eastern, so get those apps in!

Edit: 8:30 PM. I'm not a monster.

Remora fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Apr 24, 2019

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Remora posted:

Hey, everyone! This is your reminder that signups close at 8:30 Eastern, so get those apps in!

I edited my post last page:

Dick Kickers
Edit: Led by the largest neckbeard Virg InCel these guys take their impotent rage out on anyone willing to step into the ring with them. If they are losing their war cries of "this is bullshit" and "fuckin Chad!" ring out and spur them on to greater feats of strength. After fighting the group will retire to their "no girls allowed" duplex. The ban on women isn't posted anywhere, it's just sort of what happens to them through no fault of their own.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Name: Hero Souls

A stable with a lot of derisive monikers, this (nevertheless competent) group focuses on lightweights. The owner, Sezethsiel Ezlanti aka 'the Stone Snake'
is a yuan-ti grappler of some reknown, who always thought the lighter warriors got less respect than they earned in the fighting pit. It largely attract fighters from goblin, halfling, pixie, dwarf etc. backgrounds who punch above their weight and seek recognition in a stable that looks out for them, though they give applicants from all races and weights a fair assesment if they're willing to try out the grappling, low/medium workrate training systems favoured by the clan.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

All right, everyone, signups are locked! Here are our initial 25 players, immortalized for posterity:

The Slam Sector, led by Waroduce (played by Waroduce)
The Order of the Emerald Flame, led by Sandy Ravage (played by Liquid Communism)
The Fivefold Way Monastery, led by Oki the Pentamaster (played by Plutonis)
The Rough and Tumbles, led by Yiiradru (played by Jossar)
The Infinite Dragon Blood Typhoon Dojo, led by Ultimate Supreme Grand Master Blackbane, Deadliest Drow Alive (played by Coward)
The Most Noble Order of the Squared Circle, led by Lady Giliea Lightblade (played by Shogeton)
The Stakehouse, led by Root Krass (played by Tyrannosaurus)
One of two promising concepts (played by Rhyos)
Nirvana Ultimate League Limited, led by TOCS (played by Tricky Dick Nixon)
The Brotherhood of the Ring, led by Fillifa Tuck (played by Everything Counts)
The Toolbox, led by Chak Queztal (played by Not Alex)
Slamonomicon, led by "Mister" Nedrazeer (played by TheNabster)
The Golden Hoard, led by Vaelastraszeryx (played by The Lord of Hats)
Demon Clergy Traveling Tavern, led by Libationer Hu (played by AnAnonymousIdiot)
World Wildlife Wrestling Federation, led by Barnabus T. Brackenleaf (played by Prince of Space)
The Path of Fire and Shadow, led by High Magus Fitzjeed (played by I R SMART LIKE ROCK)
The Stoned People's Army, led by Coach Mergoyle (played by KhediveRex)
The Long Fight Clan, led by Fabero (played by Aabcehmu)
The Incentive for Kulturally Expanded Assault, led by Kalle Anka (played by Swedish Thaumocracy)
Da Krew, led by Da Biggest (played by Apocron)
The Circus of Fools, led by Two Suns (played by AJ_Impy)
The Dick Kickers, led by Virg InCel (played by Spermy Smurf)
Borris's Brawlin' Beggars, led by 'Blind' Borris (played by Arcanuse)
The Menagerie, led by Marquise Adelina Francesca de Neraglia (played by paradoxGentleman)
Hero Souls, led by Sezethsiel "The Stone Snake" Ezlanti (played by Tias)

Rhyos, I think you were going with the warforged thing but I need you to confirm that.

We are now starting the Draft! It will be a seeded snake-style draft (1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1), with players wanting lower numbers of fighters receiving higher seed priority than those who want more. This is to make sure that somebody who only wants to run one or two fighters gets one they really want, whereas people who want to run lots of fighters can comfort themselves with piles of thugs. Here's what I need from each one of you to proceed, I think two of you have already given me this stuff.

:siren: The number of fighters you ultimately wish to run with! This may be no higher than 10. I don't know how much time you want to try to sink into this, but lower numbers of fighters will take less of your time. I know some people have talked about running as few as four, and that's OK by me.
:siren: How you want me to choose your fighters! You can give me a specific list of dudes, or the criteria by which you want me to pick for you, or both, or you can literally tell me to pick randos for you according to my dangerous whims. I will stop the draft and come get ahold of you if I run into a situation where I can't make an informed choice.
:siren: Your vote on the next expansion! Currently we have 25 players, which could potentially be as many as 250 fighters. We only have 192. If we need an expansion, I will only be expanding one weight class, but which one should that be? You decide for me.

:siren:Your deadline for this information is 8:00 AM Eastern, Sunday April the 28th!:siren: I know that's a little weird, it's to give me some time to work on the draft before I DM that day. I will post a naughty list in the thread on Saturday to give you all a reminder. You can PM it to me, email it to soyouwannaclickheads at the google mails, PM me on the discord, post it in the thread, whatever.

We have the list of potential fighters :siren:here:siren: for everyone's perusal. I want to be clear that I have not been able to write all the bios yet, featherweights and middleweights are done, the heavyweights are a fourth of the way done and I am working on them, but I would encourage you not to wait for them just in case. You can blame City of Heroes for my laxity. But don't you dare blame it for anything. It's a tiny beacon of joy in the gently wibbling melancholy of existence and I love it so much.

I also want to open discussion for the initial year's tournaments. Any special tournaments you guys want to run for those no longer in the running for the title, the general format if you have strong opinions. Right now, if nobody has an opinion or a cool idea, I will run a straight single elimination tournament for each weight class, semirandomly seeded according to my secret sauce. Fighters who have been knocked out will continue to get the same opportunities to fight (subject to injury) that everyone else does, forming kind of an undercard for the main card tournament-relevant fights. If we do that, I will be awarding smaller just-for-fun titles to the eight finalists in each weight class. You'll see how that works later, if we go that route.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
NIRVANA ULTIMATE LEAGUE LIMITED (NULL)

I would like only four fighters, and this is my order of preference.

Chem Death
Adran Cathaxath
Nikki Brightmoon
Wild Bite of the Mild Islands
Throne
Margery Martin
Sanni Torunn
Suria of Chumbyxrinnish

I vote Middleweight for the expansion.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The Circus of Fools

The Circus will take Up to ten fighters, taken from this shortlist in no order of preference:

Trask
Lilli Timbers
Wobbles Timbers
Nissa Burgur
Anbera Straskiln
Iksisi
Griel
Ezuhil
Paatrin of Vartheturgys
Valorean of Bhenkymbernhaaz
Hara of Xephyrbannor

Heavyweight expansion.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Going with Five Fighters, with preferentially Four Kobolds and a DBorn.

Preferential fighters:

DBs:
Driinda of Phyraphynsh
Tarhiel of Qaxparrgh
Sora of Darendrian

Kobolds:

Knike
Scah
Krand
Gasz
Selzul
Shel
Galze
Shos

Expanding Lightweights

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Slamonomicon

The Mister has made his decision, he has looked amongst the fresh crop of faces and from it, 9 potential candidates handed to the House in secret with specific picking orders in the draft. Whether he gets them or not, that is up merely to chance.

I choose Lightweight expansion.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 25, 2019

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
The Rough and Tumbles

The tiefling manager of the Rough and Tumbles steps up, takes out a scroll from the sleeve of their robes and unfurls the parchment. It's a bit longer than a simple notecard of choices...

quote:

I will go for the full complement of 10.

9 are to be picked from the schools of Ulimaanze, Rithad, Umbranox, and Kherek-Nor with the preference that there be at least one fighter of each style, with preference that there be an equal number of weight classes by the end. If possible, Eldeth Thrahak is to be first of priority among picks if they are still available. If there is a choice between fighting styles and an equal number of weight classes, fighting style is preferred, but if there should be a need to go outside the four styles, then the best attempt should be made to keep the weight classes of the fighters equal.

The last fighter is to be selected at random from any Striking school OTHER than those 4, no qualifications as to weight class.

I suggest that the Middleweight fighters receive an expansion.

Sheesh, that's a bit complicated, huh?

Jossar fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 25, 2019

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The Golden Hoard

The fighters milled about in the plaza, waiting for the ceremony to start. It was a lot of pomp and circumstance, more than a lot of them were really used to dealing with. Certainly more than you'd expect from a bloodsport. Sure, the draft was important, but it's not like it was going to determine the rest of their lives. One stable was about the same as another after a--

There was a rush of wind, a shadow, and a stifled scream. It didn't take long for the assembled warriors to see what had happened--Vaelastraszeryx was hardly being subtle about the fighter that was desperately wriggling to get free of her talons. She could scarcely contain her excitement. So many warriors! Mighty and brave, and strong, strong enough to hold the Treasure at bay. There were too many--she wasn't going to be able to take them all home with her. But she could still take the choicest specimens. She was going to sleep well tonight.

Preferences

TEN FIGHTERS! The Hoard needs MORE WARRIORS!
First Pick: Garden Flowers In the Brisk Thicket. A fine warrior! A fine pillow, as well!

Criteria (In order of importance)
Heavyweight: Bigger=Stronger. Obvious!
Good Health: An injured warrior can't stop the TREASURE! The gold! The rubies! They plot against me!
Resilient! (Prioritizing Chin for strikers, Heart for Grapplers)
XP
Grapplers! They fare better in the Pile.
Not Dragonborn They are very pointy, you see.

Middleweight Expansion

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
Long Fight Clan

Fabero will draft 3 Fighters

Fabero is particularly interested in Wyrk, Paatrin of Vartheturgys, Wobbles Timbers, Iluya, Dun Brightember, Kliaduh, Zusili, and Zsuolia. If none of these fighters are available and Fabero has fewer than three fighters on his roster, he will select the fighter with the highest defense out of those who have a workrate no higher than Moderate and with health greater than Poor. If more than one of these fighters are available when making a pick, Fabero will pick the one with the highest defense, with the highest health if there is a tie for the highest defense, with the lowest workrate if there is tie for both defense and health, and randomly if there is a tie for all three.

Fabero abstains regarding which bracket to expand.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Barnabus T. Brackenleaf, Half-Faun Half-Halfling Hedge Druid, Manager of the World Wildlife Wresting Federation (W.W.W.F.)

Barnabus T. Brackenleaf will be fielding the maximum (10) amount of fighters, drafting them in the following order:

1. Wyrk, Goblin featherweight OR Konka, Goblin featherweight
  2. Paatrin of Vartheturgys, Dragonborn heavyweight OR Furrele of Darendrian, Dragonborn heavyweight
  3. Krusk Stonetooth, Orc heavyweight OR Shautha Rudescar, Orc heavyweight
  4. Ahina Hanali, Drow middleweight OR Adran Cathaxath, High Elf middleweight
  5. Aston Quillsharpener, Gnome featherweight, OR Daba Offlund, Gnome featherweight
  6. Plume of Smoke over the Bleak Fjord, Tabaxi middleweight OR Uzami Bay, Triton middleweight
  7. +++ Start over from top of list and go down through the OR side of the list, completing both sides as available.
    > If 10 fighters haven't been reached by now, continue to draft in the following order:
  8. Zusili, Yuanti heavyweight
  9. Arjan of Qyxylhaarnsh, Dragonborn heavyweight
  10. Garret Bigheart, Halfling featherweight
  11. Shos, Kobold featherweight
  12. Ridara Casilteniira, High Elf middleweight
  13. Garden Flowers in the Brisk Thicket, Tabaxi heavyweight
  14. Kevin Warmwater, Halfling featherweight
  15. Adran Cathaxath, High Elf middleweight
  16. Twin Stitch in the Mountain River, Tabaxi middleweight
  17. Hungar Brownsnake, Orc heavyweight
  18. Doudra of Zzyzznaaxyroth, Dragonborn heavyweight
  19. Beba, Goblin featherweight
  20. Eberd Ningle, Gnome featherweight
    > If we get this far and still don't have ten fighters, more draft research based on who is still available will be needed!

Barnabus T. Brackenleaf will be voting to expand the Featherweight division, as this is a more comfortable weight division for a person of his stature.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Chak Quetzal here. I like solving puzzles. So give me the fighters with the most available experience each pick. Solve ties with whichever is the most interesting to you personally. All 10 please.

I'll figure it out from there.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Borris's Brawlin' Beggars

Let's see here...
We, that is, Borris, wanted the worst of the worst to make something with, and the recruiting pool did provide.

Ulmo Stoutbridge (Featherweight)(3)
Anbera Staskiln (Middleweight)(3)
Wild Bite of the Mild Islands (Middleweight)(3)
Emmeline Kirk (Heavyweight)(3)

-----------------
Eberd Ningle (Featherweight)(3)
Ribeh (Featherweight)(4)
Bilbone Glittergem (Featherweight)(4)
Murkur Bloodisle (Heavyweight)(4)
Garret Bigheart (Featherweight)(7)
Skaugren (Featherweight)(7)

Taking the top four of the bunch, going down the list in the (very unlikely) event those end up taken first.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
I think I'm going to kinda mix things together:
Unit 7160523 (AKA Seven) of the Brawler's Parliament

Binary is simple. Effective. Ones and zeroes. Clear-cut decisions. You either won, or you didn't. You either went, or you didn't. You either attack, or you defended. Everything else was a matter of odds.

The art was clear - Aehamar. Every surface a striking point. Every joint a weapon, and a weapon for every distance. Warforged were specialized, and if there were to be unit cohesion, everyone would have to fight as one. Sadly, the art had... rusted over as of late. This would change.
Race was irrelevant. Background was a bit more peculiar. Some fought for glory, others for acceptance, some didn't even know why they were there. This would change, though.

In perfect block scripting, the list was submitted. 6 names split between 3 weight classes. A one and a zero.

00 - Featherweight
000 - Vanna Elderberry - Age and experience can win fights, but more importantly impart that knowledge onto the younger generations.
001 - Bremdos - Every teacher needs a student, and every student requires ambition. With enough support, any task can be accomplished. Perhaps the art could be revolutionized.

01 - Middleweight
010 - Iluya - A fresh piece of metal can be formed into any shape.
011 - Caerdrim Flosem - And those whom have handled many strikes know how best to forge that metal.

10 - Heavyweight
100 - Gorbund of Urstyrrlinn - The background wasn't important. The race wasn't important. But the fact that they were a perfect style matchup for
101 - Ursha Deepdelver - meant that steel could sharpen steel.

The stack were primarily grapplers - many different forms across many different races. Their ground game was of no worry. Steel was forged with 2 main components, however. The ground game would be the heat that melted everything into its base components. The blows are what would reforge it, mold it, shape it into a single cohesive unit.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
The Incentive for Kulturally Expanded Assault

By Royal Decree, the Following Roles are available for perusal, should there be any Fight-Actors brave enough to take on the mantle. The I.K.E.A. Dojo currently has space for up to nine fighters, in the following order of priority.

The Nude
We are looking for a Tiefling Bard with no sense of shame, specialized in The Dance of Death and Mer-Wrestling.
Must provide own violin.
If no such combatants are available, our Props Department can provide a pair of authentic Pan-ts and some Fake Horns to fighters of any weight-class that fit at least some of the criteria.

The Strangler In The Mist
Looking primarily for a Mageslayer, Nightstalker Drow, secondarily any Mageslayers or Nightstalkers of any weight-class except Heavyweight.

The Redcap
Featherweights only. Thousand Cuts preferred. Madness a must.

The Dance of the Fey
Looking for up to five practitioners of Paura, Tss’Ulatasss, Jarghalaur, or Riithad. The strongest emphasis for selection is the physical beauty of the fighter in question, For Reasons.

The Apprentice
A personal request by the King himself, should any fighter show promise in a combination of both Barak-Rin and Kherek-Nor, His Royal Highness would very much like to beat meet them.

--

Lightweight Expansion

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
The Order Of The Emerald Flame

Sandy wants boyz who can take the heat, so give her the following 7:

Featherweights (2) : Goblins or Kobolds, prioritized first by Chin, then Heart, then Workrate.

Heavyweigths (4) : Orcs only, Chin, then Heart, then Defense.

Middleweights (1): Iluya, or Shukah if taken.

Expansion vote goes to Heavyweights, because more big boyz means more rumbles.

Tournaments:

Sandy would like to propose Da Awful Kup, a double-elimination grappling only tournament for 1 champion from each House, with possession of said hideously bejweled spiked codpiece on the line.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 25, 2019

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
The Dick Kickers would like to field 10 fighters. I'd prefer an even mix of Feather->Middle->Heavy.

Here is a list of 12 or 15 in case I don't get my guys. Alternates are italics

Strikers only, gotta kick some dicks ya know?

Featherweights:
Wubbex
Tawna Nimblefingers
Clunk
Seebo Reese
Trexi

Middleweights:
Midbend Vonel
Ridara Casilteniira
Vanenthe Floshern
Adran Cathaxath

Heavyweights:
Hogar Nightrock
Driinda of Phyraphynsh
Barend Fireforge
Shautha Rudescar
Muruk Blackarrow
Dren Seasky

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Da Krew isunt a bunch of pals trainin ta get stronger. It is 4 of the strongest. Can you choose us 4 strong greenskins or is that too vague?

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Apocron posted:

Da Krew isunt a bunch of pals trainin ta get stronger. It is 4 of the strongest. Can you choose us 4 strong greenskins or is that too vague?

I mean, it's vague so you'll get what my brainworms say you get, but "4 orcs please" is pretty straightforward.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
The Brotherhood of the Ring would like six of your finest fighters, two of each weightclass, please. Old Took's preference is for Silver chins in Barak-Rin, Faerisliesen, Sjir Darastrix, and Tss'Ulatasss fighting styles. If that doesn't fill the roster Took would like Ground-dancers and Laikat practitioners with Silver Heart. All fighters should have Average or better Health and a Workrate or High or better, please.

Expansion vote is for Heavyweights.

The Brotherhood proposes the Bullseye Tournament: Takes place in an open arena with a magically mobile ball/trophy/Golden Snitch hovering juuuuuust out of reach. Each participating House enters a featherweight/heavyweight team, with the heavyweight throwing the featherweight. The first team to successfully catch and pin the Snitch wins. Interference from other teams is, of course, the point.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Remora posted:

I mean, it's vague so you'll get what my brainworms say you get, but "4 orcs please" is pretty straightforward.

That's cool. I know styles don't matter much outside flavor but if one of them uses Open Palm I'd be happy (because when I first read the OP i wanted to make a karate only dojo).

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

EXCERPT FROM LIBATIONER HU

HELP WANTED

SIX TO EIGHT POSSIBLE WORKERS FOR TAVERN WORK.

MUST BE ABLE TO SERVE DRINKS, CLEAN DISHES, WASH CLOTHES, AND TALK TO GUESTS. KNOWLEDGE OF THE WAY NOT REQUIRED.

EXPERIENCE AND PROPENSITY FOR WORK A MUST. WAIKAT, EARTH-HAMMER, OPEN HAND, AEHEMAR, A PLUS

PAY RATE FOR STARTING WORKERS WILL BE FOOD, BED, AND TEN SILVERS PER SHIFT

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

The Infinite Dragon Blood Typhoon Dojo

Ultimate Supreme Grand Master Blackbane, undefeated champion of the illegal BUNGALOW OF DEATH FIGHTING TOURNAMENT and Deadliest Drow Alive would like to confirm the following initial four 2nd-Tier Brass-Level Masters of the ancient art of Chi-Ting:

Featherweight
Wyrk, a restrained and delicate lady goblin, solely dedicated to the murder of those who think they can best her!

Middleweight
Mindaris Netyoive, a definitely-fellow Drow and scion of the most noble house of all, the House of Hard Knocks!
Adrik Morigak, I saw him on TV!

Heavyweight
Elashil, he gave us money to help him beat people up!

(If I'm unable to get any of those, preferences are for grapplers and better gender balance)

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

In the study that used to be her father's but nowadays was mostly used by her, Adelina poured over the list of fighters, a vexed expression settling onto her face. She had asked her informers to produce a detailed list of all fighters now available in the House, but it appeared that they had gone above and beyond the call of duty. How was she supposed to account for every single fighter's health and workrate when making her decision? She clicked her tongue and tapped her finger on the desk.

My primary objective is to provide entertainment, not to accrue victories. I have to keep that in mind.

With that thought firmly in her mind, she grabbed a fresh scroll, dipped an owl feather quill in ink and wrote down instructions for her men:

quote:

-The Menagerie must have a total of 6 fighters, evenly split between grappling and striking specialists.
-There must be as wide a variety of races represented therein as possible.
-A variety of weight classes is desirable but not necessary.
-For the Strikers: there must be at least one Jarghalaur practicioner, at least middleweight. Other desirable styles include Eijixsjir, Ekolanukh, Faereisliesen, Kherek-nor, Tss’Ulatasss, Ulimaanze and Way of the Warg. Choose to maximise variety in races and weights, with an eye towards at least decent stats.
-For the Grapplers: desirabe styles include Alhion, Ground-Dancing, Laikat, Mer-wrestling, either Moonlight or Nightstalker (not both), the Gentle Art and Zhauraj. Same instructions as for strikers.

She bit her bottom lip and added an extra note.

quote:

I have given you what I would consider very flexible instructions. Try to pick at least a couple of winners for me.

"Marquise Adelina?"
The woman raised her eyes upon hearing her name. It was Drulia, one of the family nurses.
"It is your father. He is awake, and has asked to see you."
Adelina rolled up the scroll, tied it with a ribbon and stood up. "I will be with him momentarily. Please take this scroll and give it to Liam the messenger. See that it is delivered to my agent in the House of Spirit."
The nurse curtsied before leaving to do as instructed. The Marquise swallowed one of the antitoxin pills she kept for visits to her father's sickbed and made for the master bedroom.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Hero Souls

From the scaled hand of the Stone Snake:

We desire four fighters, of which three must be featherweights representing our commitment to showcasing the finest small-sized fighters in combat. We shall prefer low-to-medium workrates, though an aggressive fighter schooled in Tss’Ulatasss is traditional for me to hire. The ultimate pulsating psionic consciousness existing in the soul of all of us will automatically pick the fighters that are correct for us all all, so we have no specific names on the wishlist.

Tias fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Apr 26, 2019

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

They're done - all the bios for the first 192 fighters are done and dusted. Jesus. 10,625 words all told.

Edit: Working on the draft, and I believe I'm right in saying that we have dodged the expansion for this first year. With four people left to submit, if my math is right, we have a maximum possible draw of 189 fighters, leaving at least 3 to be managed by the House.

Remora fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 27, 2019

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

The Most Noble Order of the Squared Circle, founded by Lady Lightblade has found many of worth among the dross. Seven will be an auspicious number, always associated with the divine. She will try to get these people, in this order.

Ulmo Stoutbridge
Antiua Amastacia
Gareth Bigheart
Shautha Rudescar
Vanna Elderberry
Kerut
Sazadonhiel
Welby Reedfellow
Ohr Bleakgiant:
Sassang
Guy Grove
Throne
Heian Raethran
Ribeh:
Oceanus Beten
Baratiel

After that list, I'll take Aasimar, High elves, mountain dwarfs and dragonborn.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Draft signups close tomorrow at 8 AM - three players have yet to supply their draft instructions. They are:

The Slam Sector, led by Waroduce (played by Waroduce)
The Stakehouse, led by Root Krass (played by Tyrannosaurus)
The Stoned People's Army, led by Coach Mergoyle (played by KhediveRex)

Friendly reminder that a lack of instructions leaves your stable's makeup entirely to my brain worms.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
I need pirates. Good ones. Can't think of a better pirate than someone born on the waves to let's go heavy on the Tritons.

1) Lana Surge
2) Oceanus Beten
3) Uzami Bay
4) Midbend Vonel
5) Sassang Mem
6) Tani Buzun

Of course, it also helps to be born with the proper name for the job so...

7) Dren Seasky
8) Kevin Warmwater
9) Wild Bite of the Mild Islands
10) Merigold Goodbarrel

And I'll round out my choices with some "proper experience"

11) Nurkara Morigackt (traveled overseas)
12) Adrik Morigak (has worked at a seafood restaurant)
13) Knike (reads on the waterfront, which is practically a step away from being on a proper boat)

I want to take as many as I can. So if I still have gaps to fill, give me dwarves. The bigger beards the better. They might not love boats but they drat well look like they should!

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
The Stoned People's Army

Selecting 7.

Priority 1) Backstory must reference insanity, religious fervor, political mayhem or drugs. The more of these the better.

Priority 2) Of those whose backstories match the above criteria, please select the most impressionable. Those with a good amount of Experience to spend.

Caveat 1) I must have at least 1 Mer-wrestler. I don't care if that mer-wrestler is a goody two-shoes with no experience.

I will vote to expand the middle-weight division.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
The Slam Sector would like to run 8 fighters total, comprised of 4 heavyweights and at least 1 Middle and 1 Feather. The remaining 2 picks can be in any weight category.

I am interested in rough order

Heavyweight
Furrele of Darendrian
Krusk Stonetooth
Zusili
Muruk Blackarrow

Middleweigh
Ahina Hanali
Eldeth Thrahak
Adran Cathaxath
Ridara Casilteniira

Featherweight
Aston Quillsharpener
Knike

I would like to favor fighters with high numeric values in Offense, while eliminating those with poor/minimum in any category as well as avoiding anyone with absurdly low defense scores. No glass canons please.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

That's everyone. I'll hope to start the draft tonight, might not be until tomorrow. Good luck, everybody!

Edit: You saw nothing.

Remora fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 28, 2019

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Sorry for the double post, the draft is proceeding - Hey, Spermy Smurf - I know you want an even mix of weight classes, but if you have a perfectly even mix, what weight classes do you have a preference for, in order? If you don't have a preference I'll determine it randomly.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Heavy first, but i really dont care either way. Just a sprinkling of all please!

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

OK, I hit a stop instruction in the draft, so we are now waiting on :siren:Prince of Space:siren: to supply additional instructions for the 122nd pick of the draft.

The following stables have finished in the draft:
The Long Fight Clan, led by Fabero (played by Aabcehmu)
The Infinite Dragon Blood Typhoon Dojo, led by Ultimate Supreme Grand Master Blackbane, Deadliest Drow Alive (played by Coward)
Nirvana Ultimate League Limited, led by TOCS (played by Tricky Dick Nixon)
Borris's Brawlin' Beggars, led by 'Blind' Borris (played by Arcanuse)
Hero Souls, led by Sezethsiel "The Stone Snake" Ezlanti (played by Tias)
Da Krew, led by Da Biggest (played by Apocron)
The Fivefold Way Monastery, led by Oki the Pentamaster (played by Plutonis)

The current draft status has been uploaded to the spreadsheet at the usual location, if you want to review what's been done, check out who you have so far, that kind of thing.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Looks like some good rowdy boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Barnabus T. Brackenleaf, Half-Faun Half-Halfling Hedge Druid, Manager of the World Wildlife Wresting Federation (W.W.W.F.)

Barnabus T. Brackenleaf will be fielding the maximum (10) amount of fighters, drafting them in the following order (Part 2):

1. Bendaetha of Fharnrythngoth, Dragonborn heavyweight
  2. Igden Cobblebob, Gnome featherweight
  3. Darrik Rubyeye, Mountain Dwarf heavyweight
  4. Ella Dunben, Gnome featherweight
  5. Trailing Wood by the Mellow River, Tabaxi middleweight
  6. Suria of Chumbyxrinnish, Dragonborn heavyweight
  7. Ribeh, Kobold featherweight
  8. Tenena Wilber, Gnome featherweight
  9. Tervaround Turendown, Gnome featherweight
  10. Vingle, Kobold featherweight
  11. Vees, Goblin featherweight
  12. Vapua Ideal, Tiefling middleweight
  13. Elenia Wireth, Drow middlewight
  14. Bariel, Aasimar middlewight
  15. Qespa of Umbyrphael, Dragonborn heavyweight
  16. Zanna Umden, Gnome featherweight
  17. Qaruk, Kobold featherweight
  18. Galze, Kobold featherweight
  19. Kilos, Goblin featherweight
  20. Bilbone Glittergem, Gnome featherweight
  21. Mirabae, Aasimar heavyweight
  22. Meren of Pharandran, Dragonborn heavyweight
  23. Slung, Goblin featherweight
  24. Clervax, Goblin featherweight
  25. Traula Netyoive, High Elf middleweight
  26. Jequba, Aasimar heavyweight
    > If list is exhausted and the last 5/10 fighters haven't been drafted yet, go by Highest Defense then by Highest Attack out of those remaining. Thanks!