Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
don't be down on yourself they'll help you get better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stuck in northam?

13 11 14
Lifeline Australia

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Deacon91 posted:

Well they wouldn't be getting one in me, I have a lot of SP but it doesn't matter if I have no skill.

Can you give me a rundown on the escapades of Brenguin so I can decide if it would be a good idea to impersonate him or not?

you should not.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
gently caress off, mate. Straya Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKnsnxvwOYo

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Deacon91 posted:

That's about 7 more then in my lovely wheat belt town.

So you maybe know them? How about the pet wombat?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
g

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Whimsy posted:

Welcome to the Something Awful™ forums!

Make sure you read the rules and check out the SAClopedia - there's a trove of SA and general Internet culture locked away in there!

Oh and while you're at it, let us in: how'd you find out about the forums, and what finally convinced you to join our quiet corner of the Internet?

How are you a 2001 reg with a clean rap sheet and no avatar?

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

BurgerQuest posted:

stuck in northam?

13 11 14
Lifeline Australia

Best thing about the place is the NBN speeds are awesome because most hillbillies don't know what that is so there are a minimal amount of people making GBS threads up the exchanges. Plus the node is 50 metres from the house.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Deacon91 posted:

Well they wouldn't be getting one in me, I have a lot of SP but it doesn't matter if I have no skill.

Can you give me a rundown on the escapades of Brenguin so I can decide if it would be a good idea to impersonate him or not?

Send me your skillgoo

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

Derpies posted:

So you maybe know them? How about the pet wombat?

Nah sorry no wombat, get visits from blue tongue lizards and snakes a fair bit in summer other then that we have 3 cats. and 3000 unwanted spiders.

The Dirtiest Harry
May 31, 2011

"Now you know why they call me Dirty Harry: every dirty job that comes along."

Deacon91 posted:

o7 mate, you’re better off keeping eve stuff over in the eve thread, but just fwiw I’m about the only person on the GSF recruitment team who does authentication during AU time, so if you’re playing this afternoon or tonight flick me a PM on SA with your in game character name (you’ll need platinum on the forums) and we can get things started.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

The Dirtiest Harry posted:

o7 mate, you’re better off keeping eve stuff over in the eve thread, but just fwiw I’m about the only person on the GSF recruitment team who does authentication during AU time, so if you’re playing this afternoon or tonight flick me a PM on SA with your in game character name (you’ll need platinum on the forums) and we can get things started.

oy poor bogans gonna have to spend another 10 aussie quid bux.

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

Derpies posted:

oy poor bogans gonna have to spend another 10 aussie quid bux.

Don't mind being a bogan but it's hard to be poor working in mining unless you're on the gear.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

West Aussie miners make like 300k per year lol

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Ew

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

VikingSkull posted:

dingos ate my balls

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Send me your skillgoo

gross

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Deacon91 posted:

Don't mind being a bogan but it's hard to be poor working in mining unless you're on the gear.

Wanna do a green card marriage?

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

Derpies posted:

Wanna do a green card marriage?

In the highly unlikely event I outlive my wife I will keep you in mind.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Oi mate, you got enough shitter tickets and handysan out there in Northam?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Have you checked out the gbs Aus thread?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Burt Sexual posted:

Don't gently caress up a new user, Burt. Godamn.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Just like an Aussie to go ahead and immigrate and then be like "oh hey, this cool?"

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

yoloer420 posted:

Oi mate, you got enough shitter tickets and handysan out there in Northam?

It's a bit better now they have introduced border checkpoints before that there were groups of Asians hiring buses coming to all the country towns and buying up everything then leaving.

Burt Sexual posted:

I have had a quick look but keep getting sidetracked on other topics haha.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Deacon91 posted:

It's a bit better now they have introduced border checkpoints before that there were groups of Asians hiring buses coming to all the country towns and buying up everything then leaving.

I have had a quick look but keep getting sidetracked on other topics haha.

why did you name yourself Deacon91 OP?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

If you really are a new user OP don't sink yourself into a megathread. To be serious, lurk for awhile (that means reading without posting) in various threads and subforums. Get a feel for how things roll in different places. There's subforums that cover most things. Explore around and read threads. When you feel comfortable then start posting. But you really should try to get a feel for various forums before you start posting in them. And read the forum rules as well as any rules thread a given subforum has posted.

I'm not trying to overwhelm you or anything, but imo even today taking some time to lurk has its merits.

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

My Shoes posted:

why did you name yourself Deacon91 OP?

I've pretty much always used Deacon for anything including games and forums and when that name was taken I just chucked my old motocross race number on the end from when I was younger. I'm so used to the name being taken I don't even check anymore I just chuck the number on the end.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Posta pic of your best gatorade and garden hose bong. The one you use on special occasions.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

It's just not the same sending j4gs to GBS. :(

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
J4g(bs)

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

CainFortea posted:

It's just not the same sending j4gs to GBS. :(

That browser game politics and war had a couple solid j4gs recently but that's over. The dude that ran that game finally just stamped goons out and everybody quit.

I goatse'd their forums at the end and they sent me an email claiming that I'd been reported to the FBI for it.

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

yoloer420 posted:

Posta pic of your best gatorade and garden hose bong. The one you use on special occasions.

sorry mate it was probably a coke can in my mates mum Lancer or a upside down wheelie bin in the pool on hot days

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
i hear tell there's an ausgbs discord server https://discordapp.com/invite/HDMWkBp

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Goon discords are poo poo don't do it OP

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
gently caress off we're full

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Every goon discord that isn't attached to a game guild/clan is progressively more and more full of banned shitheads and folks you just don't want to hang out with, and even the ones that are attached to a game organization run the gamut between really good people or complete turds.

The Dirtiest Harry
May 31, 2011

"Now you know why they call me Dirty Harry: every dirty job that comes along."

Deacon91 posted:

OP tell me more about your opinions on Asians

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Freo or West Coast?

This is important.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
OP, which one of these characters best describes you?

Are you the Donk? I really hope you are the Donk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

The Dirtiest Harry posted:

OP tell me more about your opinions on Asians

I don't have any bias against Asians what so ever it was just purely a situation that I got to witness first hand. I saw 15-20 of them get out of a coaster bus, each grab a trolley, go into Coles stock up on toilet paper etc and then get back on the bus. I haven't really kept fully up to date on the news at that point so didn't really think much of it till the wife pointed it out on the news that night. Just like many other races and religions though, there is a very small minority that seem to stuff it up and give the majority a bad name. It's not like every Asian is selling baby formula back to china or every Muslim plans on bombing a building but that's the stupid stereotype they are given because of the minority, just my opinion though.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Freo or West Coast?

This is important.

West Coast all my life but I did go for Freo when they made the Grand final. As long as it isn't a derby I'm pretty happy to support the WA team.

Valko posted:

OP, which one of these characters best describes you?

Are you the Donk? I really hope you are the Donk.

Yeah you're probably right I am the Donk but at the risk of sounding full of myself I probably have 1 more braincell.