Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Jonny Nox posted:

the after-show stream is so much fun. EX and Taz really like having fun with each other

this was my first time watching one of these and thought it was great. especially once it was just excalibur and taz, for the reason you mentioned. I was pleasantly surprised that it was done shoot style in their impressions. nice to hear their thoughts on things in that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Wed rules

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I want to see the TNT belt let me see it LET ME SEE IT

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wiltsghost posted:

Got recommended the Wardlow vs Cody steel cage match tonight because I hadn't seen Wardlow wrestle before tonight. That was loving sick. That moonsault at the end. Hard to believe that was only 2 months ago.

A lot of the "THIS YEAR IS A DECADE" stuff makes me roll my eyes but there's no way that was two months ago.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Two months and two days. :lol:

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Yep, Feb 19.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I know lying is trendy but stop it!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Wardlow is loving jacked and cool.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dango Bango posted:

I loved this theme but holy poo poo it goes absolutely bonkers at around 1:56 then jumps up another notch completely at 2:56.

This has to be the ETID guys. This song loving SLAPS.

Give it a full listen.

whoever the drummer is needs another ten raises

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Dango Bango posted:

I loved this theme but holy poo poo it goes absolutely bonkers at around 1:56 then jumps up another notch completely at 2:56.

This has to be the ETID guys. This song loving SLAPS.

Give it a full listen.

I was surprised that it was a proper song instead of just a loop of the riff that you hear when they walk out to the ring.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's wild how they've used Wardlow the way Vince mocked WCW for not using The Giant (and then totally failed to use The Big Show.)

Just this big threatening guy who wrestles rarely and looks big and threatening.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

It's wild how they've used Wardlow the way Vince mocked WCW for not using The Giant (and then totally failed to use The Big Show.)

Just this big threatening guy who wrestles rarely and looks big and threatening.

Hmmm but what if you dressed him in a diaper and made him dance around? I think such a segment would do wonders for Wardlow's mystique.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MassRafTer posted:

No matter how well you use the Big Show you're not going to get great matches out of it so I give WWE a pass on this one. Big Show was no Wardlow.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Big Show gave us the greatest gimmick ever though: the Giant just wants to have a god damned smoke.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

No matter how well you use the Big Show you're not going to get great matches out of it so I give WWE a pass on this one. Big Show was no Wardlow.

So far Wardlow has had two TV squashes and a cage match that while great was structured in a way that it didn't need him to be a super worker. Big Show was capable of great matches, and had some, plus other good ones with the right opponents.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Paul Wight should wrestle as “The Big Dhow” when WWE goes to Saudi Arabia

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dynathoughts

Cody's cyber-office is amazing. Actually this whole promo is great. Refreshing and different.

Scorpio Sky's nipples are weirdly prominent.

Oh, okay, MJF's injury is an angle.

Jericho struggling for the word "environment" was great.

Darby/Sammy is always remarkable. I don't know if this was better than their absolute war at Revolution but this was wild as hell. The psychology of the lost boot was great. And poo poo, that grapevine pin of Darby's is deadly.

This isn't a prediction so much as speculation, but... what if Darby beats Cody in the semi final? It would tie their series again, be a really decent torch-pass from Cody, and move us from a predictable final to a wild card.

SAMUEL THE FALSE GOD!

I would love a Sammy/Hardy chaos match.

The switch from Damascus to Matt Hardy was great.

Wow, Omega is giving a lot in this match. Really letting Angels get his stuff in. Angels actually looks good in this squash.

The sports presentation in this Scorpio Sky package is a really good choice. Whoever wins the TNT title, Sky needs to be an early contender.

As Havoc's main fanboy on here, I'm glad to see this match.

Boo, we lost the homemade entrance video.

Wow, Havoc is dominating here and looking good. They're selling the sadism & submissions well.

gently caress, that Havoc sell on the top turnbuckle spot was nasty as hell. Jesus. This match is getting pretty good.

Cassidy's first singles win! Yay! And we set up for later Best Friends / Brit Boys matches. I'm not mad at it.

MJF promo. This mfer said MJeffs.

Hangnail is the obvious but fun way to go.

Cutie pie Lee Johnson is back. Sorry you're going to get murdered, cute guy. Wardlow is such a good monster. Fast and powerful and just looks great. He's got a snap on some of his moves that makes them look deadly.

There was a PUPPY in that Bubbly Bunch ad.

Revisiting the Dark Order vignettes. Hi Mr Brodie.

"How tall are you, how much do you weigh, did you play college football?" you rear end in a top hat.

Brodie Lee is so very good at this charismatic shithead stuff.

Enjoying the vicious Brodie squashes, but I want to see him face someone real. Oh, hi Marko.

Best Friends promo was outstanding. Trent is so dry.

Hi bubbly boys. Ortiz and his cuddly toys are great. Benji is great. Flim Flam! (not affiliated with TikTok).

Dustin / Kip is a really solid match. Kip has his working boots on tonight and has looked really good. Had the result we knew it would, but overall very watchable.

For a three-squash show, this was very good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

has anyone sent tony khan a fruit basket yet

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We don't deserve Sammy Guevara

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

A lot of the "THIS YEAR IS A DECADE" stuff makes me roll my eyes but there's no way that was two months ago.

It's so weird watching wrestling from the start of the year or listening to old observers from before Covid because it literally feels like a different lifetime ago.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i was just thinking

when was the last time we got a full judas? it's been a few weeks right? it feels like forever. they should have just given jericho a full entrance at the start of every show before he gets on commentary. the mini-judas from the bubbly bunch intro isn't doing it for me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I get the feeling they're holding back on Judas cause they don't have a crowd to sing along to it

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gavok posted:

I want to believe that the new Dark Order guy is Mr. Touchdown.

I mean, he wouldn't be the first Throwbacks member on the roster. Not the second either if you count Colt Cabana/Matt Classic.

It's Preston Vance, his name was on the screen

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

I get the feeling they're holding back on Judas cause they don't have a crowd to sing along to it

My memory is increasingly hosed: didn't they do some kind of thing where they had people send them videos of them singing along to Judas? Done right and with some clever editing you could make a virtual Judas choir.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I Before E posted:

It's Preston Vance, his name was on the screen

Yeah, but that's just the fake name Pop Will Eat Itself used for song credits.

Sorry, turns out that was Vestan Pance, never mind.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivNaTLgUfKQ

Preston Vance dance.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Wowsers, Vance has a good look but he's as green as his trunks.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lance Archer's real name is Lance Vance do not correct me if I am wrong

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

M’Lance

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

How long do you think till Jericho finally relents and overturns his ban on crowds being allowed at AEW events? :ohdear:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

How long do you think till Jericho finally relents and overturns his ban on crowds being allowed at AEW events? :ohdear:

The crowds should be permanently replaced with Jericho's dogs and the wrestlers should have to pet the dogs and tell them they are pretty and/or handsome

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I really enjoyed last nights episode. It felt more lively than other recent episodes.

Predictions on who Brodie Lee was talking to? 6'2, 240 is pretty close to EC3's stats, but I have no clue if he played college ball.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Predictions on who Brodie Lee was talking to? 6'2, 240 is pretty close to EC3's stats, but I have no clue if he played college ball.

https://twitter.com/ThisBrodieLee/status/1253134388491157512

It was this guy :shrug:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Wardlow should do the orange crush.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

just noticed hes got 10 counted out on his titties

I really like the whole "what if the dark order was a member of the guild of calamitous intent" direction they went in.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

oh but seriously I posted:

It is

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Sammy's cat vs. Kip's dog please.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Sammy's flimflam

:stwoon:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

oh but seriously I posted:

Buried deep in a long since fired writer’s desk drawer there exist pictures of WWE’s concept art for Lance where he would portray a tall and imposing golf caddy named Bagger Lance

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Apr 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

its so nice to have a heel commentator who is obviously heel but still makes face talent look good instead of just honking irrelevantly. I was not informed that that was possible.