Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Op, have you tried logging off and going outside?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HD DAD posted:

I agree, op. What fucks me up is what mechanism determined that “I” experience the universe from this perspective, and not say, from my neighbor’s?

poo poo’s wild man

It couldn't be any other way. Your "I" is just the result of your clump of matter and energy (and most importantly patterns/structure) going through life.

Your neighbor has their own. There's no "You" to transplant into their life life Freaky Friday, you are your life

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Have you considered just not doing that OP? Like, just chill, smoke some weed, have a gently caress and play some games or something?

It's pretty good.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

life is an accident and nothing has meaning, op

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

poverty goat posted:

life is an accident and nothing has meaning, op

seriously, did your parents not have the talk with you when you were 7, op?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Meaning is something that you make, not something that exists :agesilaus:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

If you're the sort of person who stops to think about whether life has any meaning then the answer isn't that life is meaningless, it's just yours probably is, hope that helps OP.

If your life has meaning then you aren't stopping to wonder what it is, because you're doing things.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lawman 0 posted:

take a philosophy class op.

philosophy is stupid poo poo for dweebs

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Sometimes i think "why is there something rather than nothing" and it feels like I'm standing on the edge of a cliff teetering into the void

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

for fucks sake posted:

Sometimes i think "why is there something rather than nothing" and it feels like I'm standing on the edge of a cliff teetering into the void

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

for fucks sake posted:

The answer is simple: it doesn’t matter, go do something else.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The incredible tightness of peeing

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Bless you for these giant pig balls, took my mind right off the void

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Namaste

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
A first i was afraid, i was petrified. but then i bought a mobility scooter

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Bloop posted:

It couldn't be any other way. Your "I" is just the result of your clump of matter and energy (and most importantly patterns/structure) going through life.

right. i hear you. but bear with me here.

if that's true, it's still crazy. why does anything exist? why is the universe organized into "matter"and "time"? why do i seem to have a consciousness that is more than the sum of my memory data? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

precision posted:

right. i hear you. but bear with me here.

if that's true, it's still crazy. why does anything exist? why is the universe organized into "matter"and "time"? why do i seem to have a consciousness that is more than the sum of my memory data? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Don’t worry about it. Go have some pizza and a couple of beers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

precision posted:

reality?

for real

i'm not high. well. not yet. i'll probably be high by the end of this post. but i'm being for real.

as i get older it happens more often, on a daily basis now, these intense existential crises where i'm lke "okay so either there's a god and someone made the universe OR the universe didn't get made and has been here forever"

and it's like... both those options are so loving insane! really! why does literally anything exist? and why did that stuff coalesce into a brain that is asking these questions??? does my mouse Mimi think aout this poo poo? i doubt it!

and so... so you're like, okay, so what. so my third eye is open. reality is Maya. i'm listening to alan watts and i'm like "yeah... yeah"

but... so what really is the point then? what do you do? what do we do? what is worth doing?? WHY DOES ANY OF THIS EXIST???

why do i keep seeing places in "the real world" that i dreamed about 10 or 20 years ago? is it because consciousness experiences all times at once and time is an illusion or is it because magic is real or is it because i'm just insane? all those options are too weird to be true

Once I had kids and I had an existential meltdown about being a father and a caregiver for other humans everything became less and more stressful