Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

YeahTubaMike posted:

honey mustard with a dash of ketchup

:chloe:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

There was at least one person in the other thread who agreed with me, I'm not crazy :colbert:

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

So many killer sauces don't get made anymore. Lava sauce from Taco Bell was god-tier good, I have a friend who swore off the bell after they discontinued the volcano menu. Zaxby's zestable sauce was so good too, especially on their grease bomb onion rings. Same thing with whatever the name of the Arby's equivalent was. That stuff was amazing on some jalapeno poppers.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Burger Kings zesty sauce is pretty awesome. It turns their meh onion rings into a pretty amazing side, especially if you don't like their fries (Which should be everyone).

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
can't agree there. bk has been killing it last couple times i got the fries

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Little Caesars ranch is a better dipping sauce for Crazy Bread than their marinara.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
have you ever tried fries with hummus.

it's really loving good.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

big dyke energy posted:

have you ever tried fries with hummus.

it's really loving good.

I used to live near this Israeli restaurant that has fantastic hummus. It was so frustrating because I always wanted it on a Friday. I agree the fries were great to dip in the hummus.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Fries over pita chips?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man, I worked in fine dining for a long time and after dealing with it every day im so loving sick of baby poo poo hummus

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Man, I worked in fine dining for a long time and after dealing with it every day im so loving sick of baby poo poo hummus

try making it with chickpeas instead hth

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

NoSlacking posted:

Theres a specific brand of condiments you get in the UK called Crucials that you often find at roadside butty vans and fairgrounds, which is objectively bad but for some reason is always delicious on whatever you put it on.

I mostly associate them with kebab vans. You'll occasionally see them at supermarkets, too, especially the more downmarket ones (I doubt Waitrose would be seen dead).

The reason it's delicious is because you're going home from the pub after 6 pints, btw.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
This seems like the most appropriate thread for this

https://ktla.com/news/nexstar-media-wire/nationworld/mountain-dew-releases-new-hot-sauce-flavor/

Mountain Dew Baja Blast Hot Sauce.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Q_res posted:

This seems like the most appropriate thread for this

https://ktla.com/news/nexstar-media-wire/nationworld/mountain-dew-releases-new-hot-sauce-flavor/

Mountain Dew Baja Blast Hot Sauce.

I had to use a VPN to view this because I guess they think European audiences wouldn't be able to handle this news.
I'd love to try this.

Another pretty good sauce for fries etc: Samurai sauce
It's basically spicy mayonnaise.

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Little Caesars ranch is a better dipping sauce for Crazy Bread than their marinara.

i don't really like any of their dipping sauces except for cheesy jalapeno. for some reason that particular mix of chemicals creates the ultimate neon orange glorp

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Shadow0 posted:

I had to use a VPN to view this because I guess they think European audiences wouldn't be able to handle this news.
I'd love to try this.

I just wish everyone would agree on a name. Although samurai sauce is better than "white rice sauce" like a local place calls it.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This is S tier sauce from a D tier place.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

chinese hot mustard is super easy to make at home, it's just mustard powder (can of Coleman's but they sell cheaper stuff in asian markets) and cold water. chipotle got me started on green tabasco which I always have on hand, otherwise valentina. in restaurants it's horsey sauce and mardi gras mustard that reign

Cartoon Man posted:

I hate papa johns so much but the garlic butter is just plain unfair

----------------

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jan 30, 2023

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cartoon Man posted:

Absolutely.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

i say swears online posted:

chinese hot mustard is super easy to make at home, it's just mustard powder (can of Coleman's but they sell cheaper stuff in asian markets) and cold water. chipotle got me started on green tabasco which I always have on hand, otherwise valentina. in restaurants it's horsey sauce and mardi gras mustard that reign

I hate papa johns so much but the garlic butter is just plain unfair

The garlic butter is great too but I prefer the cheese sauce so much. I had a bro at Papa Johns who would hook me with as much as I want whenever I ordered. There’s some kinda pepper added to it to give it some heat and it’s so loving good. I’d get like 4 cups of it and dunk my pizza slices in it.

:goonsay:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.chewboom.com/2023/01/28/new-shrimp-roll-spotted-at-popeyes/

quote:

blackened tartar sauce

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I tried chick fil a's "Sweet and Spicy Sriracha" this morning on a spicy chicken biscuit & hash browns and actually liked it pretty good. Reminded me a bit of the old Wendy's sweet & sour but with some heat

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There’s only two good sauces at Chic Fil A.

and this:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

We go through Chick-fil-a sauce like it’s water around here. My son was putting it on his Five Guys burger last night.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Shadow0 posted:

Is that "yum yum sauce" that they serve at hibachi restaurants?

Sheetz's Bang Boom sauce is pretty good with fries.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

There’s only two good sauces at Chic Fil A.

These don’t say Polynesian and Honey Roasted BBQ. You must’ve uploaded the wrong images.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

dip your fries in the extra tamarind chutney from the cheapest indian place in town. incredible

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
bk zesty sauce
popey'es blackened ranch
arby's donkey sauce

zone
Dec 6, 2016

There's nothing like a good tamarind sauce to perk up fried snacks with. The packaged ones I usually get are quite decent but I make it myself at home most times.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Fleetwood posted:

arby's donkey sauce

The what now?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Q_res posted:

The what now?

guy fieri presents: horseradish

----------------

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I thought Guy Fieris Donkey sauce was just Garlic Aioli

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Is that "yum yum sauce" that they serve at hibachi restaurants?

Sheetz's Bang Boom sauce is pretty good with fries.

Yum yum sauce has rice vinegar in it.
"Yum Yum Sauce is made of mayonnaise, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, sugar, paprika and water to thin the sauce out."

Samurai (or Samuraï with the fun little extra dot) sauce is made of "mayonnaise, ketchup, and harissa or Sambal Oelek," which are both red chili sauces.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harissa
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambal

Probably very similar though. I want to do a side-by-side.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Harissa and Sambal have wildly different tastes so I want to know how they're being used interchangeably.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
never tried mayo with fries but its choice on pierogies and key in potato salad so I can see it

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Wendy's ghost pepper sauce is pretty good I recommend it

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Grocery store had that today, I’ll post a trip report tomorrow when it’s taco night.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Grocery store had that today, I’ll post a trip report tomorrow when it’s taco night.

Really good! Everybody get this poo poo…

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
wendee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

GoutPatrol posted:

just take a dozen from a chinese buffet next time and keep at home

I always ask for a "fistful" at Panda Express and they are very generous, good to have available for sandwiches

----------------