Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
i just want to know if he exists. simple question
This poll is closed.
yeah 40 90.91%
no 4 9.09%
Total: 44 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
treasure bear

the holy ghost writer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

no god (prancing music)

dogcrash truther
i didnt read the other opinions in this thread, but god exists

Piso Mojado

dogcrash truther posted:

i didnt read the other opinions in this thread, but god exists

yes, it's me. those are my footsteps. size 8.5 mens.

dogcrash truther
joke about god all you want, but god is real

dogcrash truther
you are all loved unconditionally by a god who forgives all your sins and will redeem all your suffering

dogcrash truther

dogcrash truther posted:

you are all loved unconditionally by a god who forgives all your sins and will redeem all your suffering

this isnt really funny, but it's true

treasure bear

you reckon you're a solid poster? wait till you see god's posts

bwatts

dogcrash truther posted:

this isnt really funny, but it's true

uhh, if you wanted to make it funny you could make it, like

dogcrash truther posted:

you are all loved unconditionally by a god who forgives all your sins and will redeem all your suffering - even if you are ginger!

dogcrash truther
god loves your fedora and your mra pua bullshit. he agrees with you about gamergate

mags

I am a congenital optimist.

dogcrash truther posted:

tell me more about this god of yours

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
dogcrash truther

CAT BRUSH posted:

tell me more about this god of yours

when you recognize the loving grace of god, then the next step is yours: what responsibility to you feel towards god's creation, knowing that god loves you without end, and your place in paradise is assured

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i don't believe you are correct dogcrash truther but would be glad to be proven wrong and one day we'll all know so isn't that something

treasure bear

only atheists go to heaven

dogcrash truther

BYOB Rachel posted:

i don't believe you are correct dogcrash truther but would be glad to be proven wrong and one day we'll all know so isn't that something

it doesn't matter whether you belivee in god or not, or even whether you live a good or bad life or not, but sometimes, in our darkest moments, which must inevitably come to all of us, we receive a revelation of a sustaining spirit of love and compassion, and if and when you recieve such a revelation, i hope you won't dismiss it just because you would prefer to be right

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

we shall see

dogcrash truther

BYOB Rachel posted:

we shall see

we already see, and we have always seen. it's just a question of whether we can accept it. it's not easy.

dogcrash truther
for some people the hardest part is accepting that god loves those who have hurt them, for others its accepting that god loves them even though they've hurt others, and for others its accepting that nothing which has ever truly lived can ever truly die and that we are beings without beginning and end, but all these things are manifestly true

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i respect your belief and am taking your posts as unironic so i will say i spent a great deal of my life seeking and hoping for god and found nothing but emptiness and silence so i choose not to subject myself to what i believe is a false hope anymore

dogcrash truther

BYOB Rachel posted:

i respect your belief and am taking your posts as unironic so i will say i spent a great deal of my life seeking and hoping for god and found nothing but emptiness and silence so i choose not to subject myself to what i believe is a false hope anymore

fair enough and my posts are abso;utely sincere although at the same time i have to cop to thinking it's really funny that you can tell people something that's true and amazing news and it makes them uncomfortable and sad, its the best kind of troll, u shoiuld try buddhism bo peps, it'll really put that emptiness and silence into a different perspective

Status_Surge

I need ya, Surge. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner, I need your magic.
Which god are we talking about? And no there is no god. but thats just like uh, my opinion man.

mags

im on the fence. how long is his prayer backlog? customer service rating?

paul_soccer12 posted:

mags

gods yelp page is surprisingly not very helpful?

paul_soccer12 posted:

ron color
what is god like. wehat are gods aspirations? what is gods favorite song? is it the one the angels are always singing, or does god duck out of the unending hym all the time. I wonder if god makes them sing other stuff. what is god made out of? everything? what's up w the phrase 'godhead'? does god have thoughts, or a will? what if god was super small, way smaller than a atom. does self determination negate the idea divine providence? what kind of paintball gun would god use

ron color fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 24, 2015

bog pixie

dogcrash truther posted:

joke about god all you want, but god is real

joke_explainer

which God we talking about here? Anubis is real but Norse gods were invented by DC comics iirc

bog pixie

any of them

bwatts

use descartes' definition of god. a supremely perfect being which contains all forms of perfection

dogcrash truther

vice.com op-ed posted:

use descartes' definition of god. a supremely perfect being which contains all forms of perfection

oh. no. that's stupid and so was descartes.

dogcrash truther
descartes should have stuck to math and left the real thinking to the big boys, like dogcrash truther

joke_explainer

i'm not sure how useful of an argument is if you argue that god is such an abstract notion that the word barely means anything at all. i don't really care one way or another though and it makes me happy that religious people are happy w/ it

bwatts

dogcrash truther posted:

oh. no. that's stupid and so was descartes.

you dont have to. i just thought it might interest security drone.

bwatts

heres another question: people who believe in god what do you think of pascal's wager

dogcrash truther

vice.com op-ed posted:

heres another question: people who believe in god what do you think of pascal's wager

pointless because god doesn't drat anyone to hell and hell doesnt exist

bwatts

ok, another question: how far do you agree with the statement that i am in fact god

bog pixie

i agree completely

POWERBALL

by zen death robot

vice.com op-ed posted:

ok, another question: how far do you agree with the statement that i am in fact god

:worship:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

fuck. marry. t-rex

I don't quite get how one can truly hold that there is a guaranteed paradise for everyone in the afterlife, but simultaneously justify continued living

fuck. marry. t-rex

Either you aren't actually sure, or... what? Idk it's paradise man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

does Grodd exist? we're still not sure, epistemologically speaking (the sentient gorilla from DC comics)

• Locked thread