Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

paul_soccer10 posted:

im the guy who uploaded this video with this title

It's tough loving people like Norm MacDonald and Bill Burr when they are also loved by human garbage, but it's worth it because they both rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
[quote="“Screaming Hand”" post="“480336868”"]
That’s all fine and good but this discussion forum should be dedicated to Important Comedy.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
[/quote]

Shameful probe, this is an nml in-joke

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Norm looking sharp in his usual Norm Show T-shirt, SNL jacket, and Dirty Work hat.

fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf
Mar 2, 2016
Norm is sexist and racist as hell. It appears to me that GBS chooses to ignore this reality.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the onlypeople who like norm macdonald are edgy dads

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Norm MACdonald.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I like the Norm story about how he was on tour w/ a couple other comics and I think they were in Utah and were told to keep it clean and Norm went out there and just dropped the nastiest act he could. Norm is a treasure. Absolutely fearless.

He might not make you laugh, but you have to respect him as an artist.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Norm does Burt Reynolds better than Burt Reynolds.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dave Concepcion posted:

Shameful probe, this is an nml in-joke

I said I had an itchy trigger finger! I probated myself trying to probate someone else last night

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

I said I had an itchy trigger finger! I probated myself trying to probate someone else last night

LOL

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
"gently caress the Norm"
-RATM

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

solar energy panel posted:

Norm does Burt Reynolds better than Burt Reynolds.

jim careys a complete idiot, he made that episode unwatchable

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Jim Carey is the weirdest dude in an unpleasant and annoying way

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

jim carey has lost his mind and paints barefoot all day like some kind of retard

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

i think hes pretty seriously mentally ill actually, norm and egat are kind of baffled the whole time. i think he might have late stage syphilus. the best episode is nick swardson

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
I hope people are starting to see the genius of Norm Macdonald Live.
He did an exceptional job with Jim Carey, who has had some sort of emotional breakdown for sure and the way they interact is really interesting. Also worth watching are his episodes with Caitlyn Jenner and Mike Tyson.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Norm is really good at making comfortable moments charmingly uncomfortable and uncomfortable moments manageable, it's impressive

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Orkin Mang posted:

i think hes pretty seriously mentally ill actually, norm and egat are kind of baffled the whole time. i think he might have late stage syphilus. the best episode is nick swardson

nick swardson is funny as gently caress

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
according to the Netflix special "Jim and Andy", Jim Carrey lost his mind playing Andy Kaufman.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

scott zoloft posted:

according to the Netflix special "Jim and Andy", Jim Carrey lost his mind playing Andy Kaufman.

Why

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

He was method acting but in a way that was not accurate to Kaufman and apparently got totally lost in the character and it turned into a part of him. Jerry "the King" Lawler wanted to murder him. He slapped Carrey even harder than he slapped Kaufman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrPDJQOZ0yY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE5DRCNmYCo

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

he was Andy or Tony Clifton 24/7 and went as far as connecting with Andy's biological daughter (who never met her father before he died) to tell her what Andy thought of her present day (as Andy)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I don't know who this andy kaufman guy is but he seems very strange

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

He was like an anti-humor comedian who I find more fascinating than funny, but he wasn't as crazy as Jim Carrey is

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
He's no Norm MacDonald that's for sure

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
drat Straight

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

solar energy panel posted:

I hope people are starting to see the genius of Norm Macdonald Live.
He did an exceptional job with Jim Carey, who has had some sort of emotional breakdown for sure and the way they interact is really interesting. Also worth watching are his episodes with Caitlyn Jenner and Mike Tyson.

The Caitlyn Jenner had almost no jokes and was really boring.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

The Dennis System posted:

The Caitlyn Jenner had almost no jokes and was really boring.

It was interesting because you could see Norm genuinely learning and coming to understand the whole trans thing for the first time and realizing what a dick he'd been about it in the past. The way he bashfully kissed Caitlyn's hand at the end was really sweet.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

He’s sexy, no doubt about it. But Word on the street is he has a tiny penis.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiRiXcfp-1Y

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

lol

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
I can state with unequivocal certainty that Norm's penis length is within one standard deviation of the average. I cannot vouch for the girth with the same certainty, but I will say one thing: I'd personally never bet against Norm (unless we were playing poker, probably).

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
lol I laughed a lot today when I was watching that stupid rocket launch and norm ran out and popped the trunk of the elon musk car and poitned out the dead hooker in it

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Aesop Poprock posted:

he was always insane and made worse by Jenny and probably killed his last girlfriend by hiding her psych meds. i love how he starts the show hocking some new age tea while norm and adam grimace uncomfortably

dave letterman ep is best for two old fellas talkin about comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaXlQOzPHK8

gilbert is funniest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtAkLGLviGk

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lol I laughed a lot today when I was watching that stupid rocket launch and norm ran out and popped the trunk of the elon musk car and poitned out the dead hooker in it

lol

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
This might be a slight detail but while we're talking about comedians:

Holy gently caress is Jerry Seinfeld's comedians in Cars getting coffee or whatever the unfunniest loving garbage ever

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
If any of you haven't noticed the "i'm not norm" youtube channel you should check it out. He has been doing compilations of basically every norm thing you can think of. For example, theres this that he made a few days ago with all of the puppet stuff so you dont have to listen to hours of dennis miller to find it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz_GIkiW_kc

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Streak posted:

This might be a slight detail but while we're talking about comedians:

Holy gently caress is Jerry Seinfeld's comedians in Cars getting coffee or whatever the unfunniest loving garbage ever

The episode with Sara Jessica Parker was exceptionally painful to watch.

I like the idea of they're trying to do with getting in Cars for Coffee, but the show is over edited and produced and somehow loses it's soul in the process.

Kevin Nealon's show is underrated and better and everyone should check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUzNVhCLlBI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The cars and coffee thing is way too comedian masturbatory for me. Like all they talk about is old comedians I never heard of. I don't mind a little of that since thats probably something professional comedians regularly talk about, but at least mix in an actual joke here and there.

• Locked thread