Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Ehud posted:

Feleipe Franks has everyone right where he wants them

:laugh:

I have to say, I am a little bit surprised that Mullen hasn't secured some juggernaut phenom quarterback yet. You would think that the big QBs would love to play for the guy. But I suppose they don't come along very often.

Farking Bastage posted:

If GATA tackles like they did last night, It's going to be a long night in Jacksonville. :smug:

Edgy prediction.

If Georgia defeats Notre Dame, then I don't think there's much to worry about until the SEC CG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

PostNouveau posted:

They'll win all 3 super ugly by a combined 5 pts and the conclusion will be "Wow, LSU, Auburn, Georgia and Florida loving suck"
Well, the conclusion isn't wrong

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Was thinking shouldn't there be a random kinda OK game on this Sunday like there usually is until I remembered it's Week 0. (Houston @ Oklahoma next Sunday night.)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

Cole McDonald threw 4 INTs, got benched, and still looked like the best passer who played yesterday.

He threw for almost 400 yards and 4 TDs in a little over 2 1/2 quarters, and it was probably the right decision to bench him.

That's my favorite quarterback performance in a while. Just all over the place, something exciting is happening for one of the teams on the field.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
K-State plays against Nicholls State on Saturday, which in a normal season would be one of the almost NDSU-tier "why would you do this?" kind of games against an FCS opponent that's actually usually really good at their level.

Since it's coach Klieman's inaugural game, having the FCS "cupcake" be a not-poo poo FCS school might actually be a decent barometer.

Football in a week. :toot:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

He threw for almost 400 yards and 4 TDs in a little over 2 1/2 quarters, and it was probably the right decision to bench him.

That's my favorite quarterback performance in a while. Just all over the place, something exciting is happening for one of the teams on the field.

Yeah he really Brett Favre'd it up. I hope every Hawaii game is like that.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Strobe posted:

K-State plays against Nicholls State on Saturday, which in a normal season would be one of the almost NDSU-tier "why would you do this?" kind of games against an FCS opponent that's actually usually really good at their level.

Since it's coach Klieman's inaugural game, having the FCS "cupcake" be a not-poo poo FCS school might actually be a decent barometer.

Football in a week. :toot:

Nicholl's are only recently any good, to KSU's scheduling credit

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
unlv should beat southern utah, but they are unlv so there is a high chance they will lose.

if they do, the fallout is gonna be good :grin:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lessail posted:

unlv should beat southern utah, but they are unlv so there is a high chance they will lose.

if they do, the fallout is gonna be good :grin:

I mean, how many bombs have been tested in Nevada?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Watch out ladies of the Short North. Lane Kiffin coming your way.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Ohio State

Gonna do the thing this year. Win some stuff, not enough stuff to matter.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Can't wait for Oklahoma to beat Houston 56 - 49.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

man there are a lot of Miami fans mad about no calls that they feel cost them the game

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ehud posted:

man there are a lot of Miami fans mad about no calls that they feel cost them the game

Those refs were pretty god awful for both sides tbh. Fans are dumb

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I went back and watched and we should be pretty mad. Those refs actually changed the game with a couple of calls on scoring drives. They were garbage on both sides but in general the big no calls hurt us more, outside of that fumble.

They missed a false start on one of the 4th down conversions that was a lot more blatant than some of ours on a drive that led to points. You'd think they'd know what a false start was, considering we did it like 50 times.
https://twitter.com/SimpleManRadio/status/1165434647934906368

On that first TD, at the time I thought Bandy just failed to get off a block and it was a massive hold. On our big play, they called some holds that were less blatant and far more off ball.

The PI that was picked up at the end was actually pretty bad PI, but was probably picked up so it wasn't called so many dang times.

We had our shot to win, and didn't do it through.

A lot of the calls seemed to be 50/50 and we ended up on the wrong side of them. It happens, and it's part of the game.

Dilber fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 26, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Gators gonna average 10+ penalties per game

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dilber posted:

I know you don't have anyone experienced on the line and that's a regrettable but reasonable thing.

But I swear to god you guys didn't try to do anything to help out those linemen.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dilber posted:

I went back and watched and we should be pretty mad. Those refs actually changed the game with a couple of calls on scoring drives. They were garbage on both sides but in general the big no calls hurt us more, outside of that fumble.

They missed a false start on one of the 4th down conversions that was a lot more blatant than some of ours on a drive that led to points. You'd think they'd know what a false start was, considering we did it like 50 times.
https://twitter.com/SimpleManRadio/status/1165434647934906368

On that first TD, at the time I thought Bandy just failed to get off a block and it was a massive hold. On our big play, they called some holds that were less blatant and far more off ball.

The PI that was picked up at the end was actually pretty bad PI, but was probably picked up so it wasn't called so many dang times.

A lot of the calls seemed to be 50/50 and we ended up on the wrong side of them. It happens, and it's part of the game.

maybe this is true but also the universe saw fit to make every single fumbled and tipped ball bounce your way, so it evens out

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Grittybeard posted:

I know you don't have anyone experienced on the line and that's a regrettable but reasonable thing.

But I swear to god you guys didn't try to do anything to help out those linemen.

We really did not, and I don't understand it. The only reason I can think of was that Enos didn't trust our WRs to catch the ball. I do know that one of the few times I saw a RB or FB in the back, they got immediately run over.

Our RT was far worse than our LT.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Miami fans news:
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/08/26/us/university-of-florida-band-director-attack/index.html

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Yeah, that's pretty bad.

I will say the Stadium was a massive poo poo-show, and there was no reasons for fans to be that close to the band outside of a complete lack of signage or blocking or traffic control or anything. The stadium was not equipped for an event like this.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I think this gets missed a lot. Usually not as blatant as this though.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I don't know why you couldn't see the signs. You were in Camping World Stadium according to one of the 35 logos around the playing field.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Probably Magic posted:

I have absolutely no idea what the Jayhawks are going to look like with Les Miles at the wheel.

Probably poo poo.

Probably a two-win season again.

Rock chalk, fools.

Also, both Florida and Miami are bad.

It sounds like you DO know what the Jayhawks are going to look like with Les Miles at the wheel :smug:

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

PostNouveau posted:

I think this gets missed a lot. Usually not as blatant as this though.

It does, but they were looking for it considering we had like 10+ false start calls in the first half.

It was a poorly, poorly reffed game the entire way, and I feel for Big 12 fans now.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
holy poo poo does Williams need to learn to get rid of the ball.

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

Scarf posted:

holy poo poo does Williams need to learn to get rid of the ball.

Both QBs. Take a drink when the QB throws the ball away was the worst drinking game ever!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Dilber posted:

It does, but they were looking for it considering we had like 10+ false start calls in the first half.

It was a poorly, poorly reffed game the entire way, and I feel for Big 12 fans now.

I love when everyone else gets exposed to the poo poo we see every week. That wasn't even a super bad game for B12 refs, that's normal, used to it reffing.

As for camping world: yeah that place blows. I've been there for 2 events, both smaller than a game like this, and they still manage to ruin the experience. High school stadiums are better equipped.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
As bad as the refs were, Jeff Thomas dropped a TD, muffed a punt that led to a quick Florida TD, and Baxa missed a chip shot.

The game was there for the taking and Miami said no thanks.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Dilber posted:

You should be receiving an apologetic letter any day now.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

LSU is anywhere from a 27 to 28.5 point favorite against Georgia Southern this weekend and this might be the angriest I've ever been that this dumbass state hasn't gotten its poo poo together about sports gambling yet because there is no way we cover that spread

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

colachute posted:

Gators gonna average 10+ penalties per game

On defense.

Per quarter.

Grantham ball is real.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It doesn't matter who our DC is. Florida committing dumb penalties on D is a college football institution.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/JackGrossman97/status/1166003222798065665?s=19

heh

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

#9WIndiana until the Penix gets broken or lasts more than 4 hours.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
i don't get it

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Well gently caress

quote:

A former team doctor for Penn State is suing the university and football Coach James Franklin, claiming Franklin pressured him about clearing injured players to return to the gridiron.

Dr. Scott A. Lynch claims in a lawsuit filed in Dauphin County Court that Franklin repeatedly tried to influence his decisions regarding whether hurt players were fit to play.

Lynch contends that his complaints about Franklin’s supposed interference prompted Penn State officials to remove Lynch from his two posts charged with safeguarding the health of student athletes.

Lynch was removed as Orthopedic Physician for the football team and Director of Athletic Medicine for the university in March.

He is seeking more than $50,000 in damages from the university in his suit. He claims Penn State officials violated his rights as a whistleblower.

Attempts were being made to try to contact Franklin and other Penn State officials about the suit on Monday morning.

For more on this story, check back with PennLive.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

at this point i will believe any negative thing you tell me about PSU football

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

They just can't stop being an awful institution lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

To be fair, that is a problem at every level of football.