Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Tiramisu posted:

I dunno, Colette didn't strike me as any worse than the other romance-able girls since they all look like pre-teens. It's really too bad they never let you marry the adults.

But the hero looks like a pre-teen, so it all works out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LittleCat
Oct 24, 2004

twinkle, twinkle, little bat
What do Buffamoos like to eat, guys? I've thrown like half my inventory at one of them and he still won't tame. While I'm asking, what do elephants like? I'm sure I'll get one to spawn some day soon.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

LittleCat posted:

What do Buffamoos like to eat, guys? I've thrown like half my inventory at one of them and he still won't tame. While I'm asking, what do elephants like? I'm sure I'll get one to spawn some day soon.

Apples and random crap from an unplowed field worked for me for everything I've ever tamed. Maybe your level is to low?

LittleCat
Oct 24, 2004

Stroth posted:

Apples and random crap from an unplowed field worked for me for everything I've ever tamed. Maybe your level is to low?

Maybe that's the problem, thanks. I got Jumbo the elephant tamed, though, so I'm satisfied for now!

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Tiramisu posted:

I dunno, Colette didn't strike me as any worse than the other romance-able girls since they all look like pre-teens. It's really too bad they never let you marry the adults.

Well the game IS primarily aimed at children and teens.

But yes, even one grownup option would be nice. :( Personally I'm still waiting for a jrpg that lets me play an old person.

LittleCat
Oct 24, 2004

I can confirm that the trophy on the upper rightmost counter, left side is First Cold Memento, by the way. Stayed up for three or four days straight to get it, but got it I did.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I wonder how easy it is to get the First STD Memento

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

LittleCat posted:

I can confirm that the trophy on the upper rightmost counter, left side is First Cold Memento, by the way. Stayed up for three or four days straight to get it, but got it I did.

I stand corrected, apparently. :(

Zenzirouj posted:

I wonder how easy it is to get the First STD Memento

For that one you have to raise your Love Skill.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I love you, GameFAQs boards.

Thread title: So who's the youngest character you could marry?

quote:

Like Cecilia in the first game...only marriageable.

In RF1, Cecilia is a little girl. In RF2, she's older, and can be married.

quote:

i think it would be perfect if sherra sister the one who bite was marrigable

If I had to venture a guess, based on her appearance and how she acts, I'd say that Monica is five years old.

Aladar
Aug 13, 2007

And my eyes bulging means that I'm going to be chattering for a while!

Revol posted:

I love you, GameFAQs boards.

Thread title: So who's the youngest character you could marry?

Oh god, I managed to not see that until now. What a terrible thread.

At least there's a guy in there who says it's creepy :unsmith:

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I saw that topic too, creepy poo poo.
One really good thing about RFF I forgot to mention is the music. It's really excellent and it's the only thing I really miss in RF3. Sure there are some catchy tracks but the "farm" music and dungeons are so much better in RFF, also they don't loop every twenty seconds.

Some nice examples.

Yeah I know it's on a DVD instead of a DS cartridge, but still.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The Rune Factory Frontier music theme for Autumn is far and away the best music in the game in my opinion. It's so good I was looking for excuses to linger outside before continuing with my day. It's not even on the same level as the summer/spring themes.

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

This club is borin' the crap outta me!

Revol posted:

I'm not enjoying RF3 lately, because I'm in the summer and am being ravaged by storms. I had 1/4th of my fields in use, but after two or three storms, I lost just about everything. Just a few plots were left, which simply isn't worthwhile anymore.

So, is it just me, or is farming during the summer just completely broken?

It seems no matter what I do I run into summer storms every other day or so. That combined with the fact that even at level 10 cucumbers suck for selling has led me to completely forget about farming and focus on raising crops to level 10 for fall and winter. It's not like I need money at this point either, I made millions off of level 10 strawberries in spring so I'm good for like the next two years.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
This game has been out for a week and there are 0 reviews. That's odd, isn't it?

Keyboard Fox
Apr 14, 2006

CALM THE HELL DOWN
Does RF2 seem a bit shorter than the other games in the series, or is it just me? (I've been home sick rushing through the game the past four days so it might just be me).

Well, even if I complete the game, I'm looking forward to getting everyone's backstories through their events and requests. They seem genuinely interesting this time around. Can't wait to hear what's up with the opposite speak, or what's up with the floaty mermaid thing, or if Daria will do a performance art piece where she steals everyone's doormats and covers up the storm drains to flood the whole town.

Keyboard Fox
Apr 14, 2006

CALM THE HELL DOWN
Magic is really overpowered... I'm sure I'm way behind defense-wise, but I got through the fourth dungeon in one go just by spamming avengerock before anything could hit me more than once.

(Quote does not equal edit)

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Why do items occasionally emit steam when I hold them?

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

Corridor posted:

Why do items occasionally emit steam when I hold them?

I think those are sparkles, and they denote a higher-level item. For example, the level 10 milk I get from my buffamoos is always sparkly.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Keyboard Fox posted:

Magic is really overpowered...

It really is. Prism plus a decent staff turns you into some kind of horrible blender of death.

Aladar
Aug 13, 2007

Keyboard Fox posted:

Magic is really overpowered...

It really is powerful as hell, but a bit later(especially the later labyrinths) you're going to want a good heavy weapon rather than magic a lot of the time. With magic you have to switch up your element if it's not doing enough and some enemies just have straight up ridiculous magic defense, but my big beefy axe, while it's doing less damage overall than my magic, stuns enemies really easily and also drains hp(which is incredibly helpful in later labyrinths, where normal enemies can do 500+ damage to you on normal mode).

Labyrinth bosses, though, you're still going to want magic. Mainly because you can't really stun them.

e: Speaking of magic, something really interesting I found: upgrading your magic staff with the drop of some bosses(at least two, I haven't tried others) changes the charge attack. I upgraded my best staff with the fur the blue lion boss from the fall dungeon drops and I got his whirlwinds for my charge attack, which is nice because they're really good.

Aladar fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Nov 17, 2010

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Got another fake out dialog with Carlos, this time about Shara.

Freaky Fish Guy posted:

Carlos: I bought some flowers from Shara the other day, and she gave me some special cologne.
Carlos, heavy-lidded: Her polite manner, kind voice. Hmmm.
Micah: Carlos, do you...
Carlos: Got a lot to teach me as a salesman. Yes.
Carlos: Hm? What's the matter? You like the cologne? Come get a closer smell.
Micah: Ha ha... You scared me.
And then I gave him a Love Potion. (This isn't exactly transcribed as the other one was since I didn't think to write them down as I saw them, and only the other one was repeatable just now, but I assure you it was something along these lines.)

love love shine posted:

Carlos: What? You want me to drink this?
Carlos: *sip*
Carlos, blushing furiously: Whoa, I feel weird...
Carlos, blushing furiously: *glances*
Micah: D:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Question about these summer hurricanes I'm hearing so much about: do they affect crops in dungeons? If not, I guess that makes dungeon crops the only viable answer?
It really seems unfortunate that summer is pretty much a money-hole for growing crops at home.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
Storms affect dungeons too. Weather is mostly global, I think the only differences are that you won't get rain in the fall cave and storms become blizzards in winter. I really don't think the storms are as horrible as everyone makes them out to be. In summer most of the crops are repeatable harvests, so even if you lose some you can maintain plants throughout the entire season.

SUPERFINE CONCUBINE
Jun 28, 2008

☆ catgroove ☆

Changer Of The Ways posted:

I think those are sparkles, and they denote a higher-level item. For example, the level 10 milk I get from my buffamoos is always sparkly.

What does that mean in practical terms? Just that it sells for more?

Also I think it's safe to say they're doing it on purpose with Carlos, which is cool because everything needs more gay bros.

And one more thing: gently caress GOD drat SNOWSTORMS. I had 36 squares growing, hot-hot fruits or whatever almost grown, and go to bed one day. Wake up the next and a snowstorm I didn't even see has destroyed all but one square. ARRRRGH

LittleCat
Oct 24, 2004

Tiramisu posted:

Storms affect dungeons too. Weather is mostly global, I think the only differences are that you won't get rain in the fall cave and storms become blizzards in winter. I really don't think the storms are as horrible as everyone makes them out to be. In summer most of the crops are repeatable harvests, so even if you lose some you can maintain plants throughout the entire season.

The first summer storm I had wiped out every square inch of my fields and replaced it all with colored grass and other junk, repeatable crops or not.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It appears storms are the Runeys of RF3.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
How do I unlock the power to upgrade/forge my gear?

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Fancy Hat! posted:

How do I unlock the power to upgrade/forge my gear?

Play the main story line until the first major event in the desert. When you get back home the game will tell you how to get a forge.

LittleCat
Oct 24, 2004

Vib Rib posted:

It appears storms are the Runeys of RF3.

If you don't mind a bit of save scumming, you can avoid them. It's not as easy as previous HM games, because weather changes throughout the day, but it IS possible.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

LittleCat posted:

If you don't mind a bit of save scumming, you can avoid them. It's not as easy as previous HM games, because weather changes throughout the day, but it IS possible.

Unfortunately, they can also trigger overnight randomly while you're sleeping. Went to bed one night, hadn't been any storming throughout the day, woke up, WHOOPS ALL MY CROPS ARE GONE

E: Saving the game immediately before going to bed is probably the best way to try and prevent this.

MonkeyforaHead fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 17, 2010

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I really wish they could have kept the 99 item stacks from RFF and the easier to level crafting. I'm in the twenties with my crafting skills and it's already getting very tedious to level them.

hairytruman
Jun 9, 2009
I've been playing Twin Villages (Japanese version) and it is really fun. Started off in the western-styled town, and I'm now in my second file and living in Konohana.

Leveling up vegetables takes foreverrr. Does anyone have any tips or anything aside from giving it the fertilizer, making them into seeds and waiting until next year?? It all just takes too long. Earning money is easier in Bluebell...

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Giant Boy Detective posted:

And then I gave him a Love Potion. (This isn't exactly transcribed as the other one was since I didn't think to write them down as I saw them, and only the other one was repeatable just now, but I assure you it was something along these lines.)

Apparently he is the ONLY male who actually responds to your love potion, I was reading about it just now and someone mentioned that all the other guys just go "hey thanks for the gift or whatever". Someone else went on to discuss the rumour that if you marry Carmen, Carlos moves in with you as well. :allears: As much as I want this to be true I'm pretty sure it's bullshit. But the thing is, with this game I can't be entirely sure...

Incidentally the reason I was checking info about Carlos was I suspected that his gayness was kind of a Woolseyism, some added bits of flavour text to up the humour and maybe detract a little from the pseudo-incest. I found a forum from a few months ago saying "I sure hope they keep Carlos' gayness in the translated version, but I bet the baku gaijin US censor it out".

:love: Carlos + Micah 4eva :love:

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Aladar posted:

Strange in that you're the only one that seems to care, I mean. I suppose Wells is just a very selective anti-monster racist.

Played further and I get what you mean now. I'm a cutesy wutesy fluffy sheep monster and it's some kind of bigass deal, and Pia is a creepy slimy fish monster but oh she has cute boobs, SHE can live here no probs. gently caress you Wells.

Does a sheep really even count as a monster? Or a cow or bee or whatever? :psyduck:

e: Oops double post, soz

SUPERFINE CONCUBINE
Jun 28, 2008

☆ catgroove ☆

Corridor posted:

Apparently he is the ONLY male who actually responds to your love potion, I was reading about it just now and someone mentioned that all the other guys just go "hey thanks for the gift or whatever". Someone else went on to discuss the rumour that if you marry Carmen, Carlos moves in with you as well. :allears: As much as I want this to be true I'm pretty sure it's bullshit. But the thing is, with this game I can't be entirely sure...

I'll tell you in a bit whether it's true, 'cause I guess I'll marry Carmen in my game. It was only when I started going through some of the other girls' requests (excluding Sakuya, Collette and witch girl, 'cause man they are annoying) that I realised that she's one of the most normal bachelorettes in the game.

Aladar
Aug 13, 2007

SUPERFINE CONCUBINE posted:

I'll tell you in a bit whether it's true, 'cause I guess I'll marry Carmen in my game. It was only when I started going through some of the other girls' requests (excluding Sakuya, Collette and witch girl, 'cause man they are annoying) that I realised that she's one of the most normal bachelorettes in the game.

I can actually go ahead and say it's not. Carlos visits sometimes, though.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
How do you increase the size of the storage box? I've beat the spring and summer area so far and I've seen no option for this appear yet. My inventory/box is full 99% of the time and it's getting fairly annoying.

Aladar
Aug 13, 2007

Chat at Hazel/Karina at the item shop, I think by then they'll have started offering furniture. One of the options is increasing your storage box size.

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Corridor posted:

One of Carmen's requests is a transparent "do you like me y/n circle one" quiz, with the last question being "do you like girls with brothers or without?" You can choose "The brother..." to elicit a quick confused reaction from her.

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Unfortunately, they can also trigger overnight randomly while you're sleeping. Went to bed one night, hadn't been any storming throughout the day, woke up, WHOOPS ALL MY CROPS ARE GONE

E: Saving the game immediately before going to bed is probably the best way to try and prevent this.

Apparantly, soil quality affects storm resistance, so if you're replanting all your crops in tired, lovely soil they'll get blown away. By the time summer rolls around, you should either be able to pump out Formula B in the pharmacy, or rich enough to buy it by the truckload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

SUPERFINE CONCUBINE posted:

What does that mean in practical terms? Just that it sells for more?

Also I think it's safe to say they're doing it on purpose with Carlos, which is cool because everything needs more gay bros.

And one more thing: gently caress GOD drat SNOWSTORMS. I had 36 squares growing, hot-hot fruits or whatever almost grown, and go to bed one day. Wake up the next and a snowstorm I didn't even see has destroyed all but one square. ARRRRGH

Yeah, higher level means its better. Higher level weapons do more damage (and staves gain different charge attacks), higher level armor has better stats, and higher level food/ingredients sell for more and heal more.

• Locked thread