Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Harkano posted:

I, Harkano, oath that I will paint Iron Lich Asphyxious, Deathripper, Nightwretch, Leviathan, Skarlock Thrall, Warwitch Siren
Awwww, it's a baby!

15 pt Army for our Journeyman league.

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Parts list

Most important parts are the -
Modern Masters Metal effects that gave me my corroded copper look. would love to see what an actually talented painter could do with them.

Modern Masters Metal Effects copper
Modern Masters Metal Effect Green Patina Ageing solution

P3 Necrotite Green
Reaper Purple Triad - Nightshade, Imperial and Amethyst Purples
Army Painter Dark and Strong tones (aka Devland Mud and Babab Black)
Vallejo Black Airbrush Primer
Resin bases from ebay (user: startledhedgehog)

Detektive's Jurnaal

Models with base coats on. Metal on the big warjack has just finished drying after the reactive solution has been applied - I love the effect.

Before washes and bases are cleared up, but after highlighting.

Was hoping to do some more with the green highlighting, but unfortunately my airbrush started acting up after I got the first coat of green down.

I think I'm good for -
Its a Baby! Themed Force (Gaspy's battlegroup and companion solo?), Parts List, Detektive's Jurnal, Double the Fun, Based Models, Name In Completed Oath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Oath Complete!

I, Pierzak, have oathed and successfully painted 4 mythical beasts and a Morat hacker!

Original oath posts:

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, oath to paint the following 4 monsters: Kraken, Medusa, Cyclops, Minotaur (and the half-finished centaur that doesn't count) in May 2013. They're for the Cyclades boardgame, in the scale of who the gently caress knows.

(the cyclops is primed white, the rest are bare, the dark spots on the Kraken are green stuff.)

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, add a Morat Hacker to my May oath! This model's made by Corvus Belli for Infinity.

ed: quoted the original oath post according to da roolz. Also, this is a "Bonus style" addition, not an alternate universe!

Finished photos:

PARTS LIST

Vallejo:
Acrylic-Uretane White Primer
Airbrush Thinner
Liquid Gold - Old Gold
Glaze Medium
Metallic Medium
Black Ink

Vallejo Game Color:
Bone White
Off White
Dead White
Cold Grey
Imperial Blue
Fluo Yellow
Brassy Brass
Turquoise

Vallejo Model Color:
Russian Uniform

Reaper Master Series:
True Blue
Porcelain Rose
Green Ink
Sandy Tan

Vallejo Air:
Steel
Cam. Light Green

Citadel Colour:
Bestial Brown
Enchanted Blue
Mechrite Red
Shining Gold (old type)
Shining Gold (new type)
Fortress Grey
Snakebite Leather
Iyanden Darksun
Ice Blue
Fenris Grey
Dark Angels Green
Snot Green
Dheneb Stone
Asurmen Blue
Badab Black
Devlan Mud
Gryphonne Sepia
Ogryn Flesh
Rhinox Hide
Wazdakka Red
Scab Red
Abaddon Black
Adeptus Battlegrey

Army Painter:

Gun Metal

Bird With Teeth
Oct 21, 2010
Oath Completed!

First WIP

Second WIP

Third WIP

Competed shots

Claiming
Awwww, A Babby
Theme Group
Detektuv's Jurnal

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete!

Original oath post

Booley posted:

:siren:I oath a single tau stealth suit, made by games workshop:siren:

Detective's Journal

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
:siren:I, Weirdo, hereby declare OATH COMPLETE! Aww, it's a baby!

Woof, cutting it too close here. Let me add some better pictures after this.

DETEKTUV'S JURNAL

Parts List

Vallejo Game Colour:
Dark Green
Sick Green
Goblin Green
Moon Yellow
Gunmetal Metal

Reaper MSP:
Rainy Grey
Flow Improver

Army Painter Warpaints:
Pure Red
Matt Black
Matt White
Plate Mail Metal
Dark Tone Ink
Strong Tone Ink

GW Paints:
Bleached Bone
Runefang Steel
Gehenna's Gold
Auric Armour Gold

In addition I used some sand, local pebbles and some Elmer's PVA glue.

Box Art

The scheme used here is from the Night Goblin's Regiment box art.

While not anything special, I'd like to enter these gobbos as a Themed Group.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
I actually took WIP shots for the jurnal and forgot to upload them along with my completed oath. Here they are!

Aka: "oh balls the primer cap broke", "I just blue myself" and "green green greeen"

And a couple more of the completed beastie:

The blending and shading doesn't show up nearly as well in the finished photos, I should really build a lightbox!

:siren: That should hopefully add Detektiv's Jurnal and Double the fun to my stuff. :siren:

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

OATH COMPLETE
Aww a baby, Theme group, Double the Fun

Journal

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10
Oath complete

edit: shiiiiiit too late!
edit2: don't mind if this is counted or not for eventual points, just posting if anyone is interested.
Parts list
Hull
Tamiya Grey Spray Primer
Astronomican Grey
Badab Black Wash
Fortress Grey
Portholes
Regal Blue
Engine/ Generator
Mechrite Red
Leviathan Purple
Metal
Screaming Bell

Journal
After Astronomican Grey and Badab Black wash

Beginning basecoate and wash of details

Not happy overall; bumbled around too much with the test model, began and was going to do more (blue dazzle camo, gun/ bridge detailing) which would have been the third Journal pic but had to call quits as time was running out.

The Impaler fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 1, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

BRUSHES DOWN

quote:

Cutoff Time
US Pacific time: 5 PM
US Mountain time: 6 PM
US Central time: 7 PM
US Easter time: 8 PM
UK time: 1 AM
Central EU time: 2 AM
Perth, upside-downland: 8AM (the morning of the 1st, if it's the start of the month)
Australian Eastern Time: 10AM Saturday (the morning of the 1st, if it's the start of the month)

The day according to Official Thread Time is over. Sorry if you're too late!

I just put in everyone into the sheet, let me just gather some comments because there were a handful of issues.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Aw nuts I forgot my name on the pics :doh:

Edit: Just adding in these clearer pics to replace the "oh god I'm on pacific time now" rushed pictures.

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 1, 2013

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I accidentally put down double the fun, because I was going to do box art and parts list. I definitely ran out of time and forgot to put the hand back on the gladiator and one of the pain givers fell over. Apologies!

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
drat! So close! I have probably another hour or so to do :(

Ah well, I have recused myself from prizes this year anyhow, and I'll have these guys finished and that is what matters!

Looking forward to going through the oaths and finding the Theme Group qualifiers.

Well done everybody!

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Namenlos posted:

Oath Complete.

:catdrugs:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ineptmule posted:

drat! So close! I have probably another hour or so to do :(

If it's any consolation, I had forgotten what timezone I moved to and had to a grab a phone to take a picture of a phone and while muttering and cursing to myself.

Also are there any rules regarding touching up completed oaths once they have been submitted? Not for points, but just to fix some flaws I noticed for my own sake.

edit: ^ Now that is really keen.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Weirdo posted:

If it's any consolation, I had forgotten what timezone I moved to and had to a grab a phone to take a picture of a phone and while muttering and cursing to myself.

Also are there any rules regarding touching up completed oaths once they have been submitted? Not for points, but just to fix some flaws I noticed for my own sake.

edit: ^ Now that is really keen.

How would anyone know? Pretty sure it's cool dude.

Aix Athanatos
Nov 3, 2011

Namenlos posted:

Oath Complete.

That thing is chrometacular. Amazing work.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Last year I wasn't including pictures past the cut off time because you're getting more time than others did. They might do things different this year, but it's always good to post them just so people can see your final product!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Under 15 posted:

Since this is my first oath ever, I qualify for Aww, it's a Baby.
I can call this a themed group, right?

I also have one minor issue with my complete oath... I'd had one shield set aside for the champion (a lizardman shield) that was in my first picture, but almost immediately I decided it looked dumb and wasn't going to work so I swapped it out for a round shield that was larger than the standard goblin one.

Yes, themed group. Yes, it's fine to swap out a shield.

Turtle Dad 420 posted:

:catdrugs:Oath Complete:catdrugs:

Here are my 5 Dark Elf Spearmans and the two Converted* Heroes, also claiming as a Themed Group

*I don't have pictures of them before I made them, so I don't know if that disqualifies me or not. they're completely kitbashed models from my bits box, I think they're mostly corsairs/spearmen with random bits glued on.

Sorry: conversions require a before and after photo of your conversion work. The intent is to let other people learn conversion techniques and stuff, so without that I can't give you credit.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Fair enough, I had 7 or 8 pictures cataloging each step but my camera poo poo the bed and all but the colored basecoat image was corrupted :sigh:. I will assure you that the models were primed grey and that the white base is an additional step, I only included it as I lost all my other images. What I will do is an edge highlight on the boots and armor so that I will use the current COMPLETE images was a WIP and resubmit my OATH COMPLETE with the edge highlights before the deadline tonight.

Full disclosure to the thread: IB here PMed me with photos of the additional painting work that he did. IB, edit those into your oath complete post and I've credited you for the Jurnal. I feel extra work like this deserves to be rewarded and you did the work prior to the deadline.

It's too late, but next time, submit these as a themed group!

You too!

counterspin posted:

OATH COMPLETE!
I'm going to claim
Conversion(spear shaft replacement),Themed Group,Detective's Journal

As with Turtle Dad 420, you need to include before and after photos to get credit for conversions. Also: I reccomend you don't use Photobucket as an image host on SA: the bandwith will run out within hours and your photos will stop showing up for everyone. Most goons use Imgur.

DamnitGannet posted:

Babby Oath is Formed! I mean, Complete!

Missed a point for no username in photo. :(

Fyrbrand posted:

Oath Complete

I guess this means I am doubling up this month as well. I think I covered everything.

Well, nearly everything! (Coulda been a themed group...)

Rikthor posted:

:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

Missed a point for no username in photo. :(

Zodiac5000 posted:

Oath Complete

aww! It's a baby!!

Coulda been a themed group. :(

Pierzak:

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, oath to paint the following 4 monsters: Kraken, Medusa, Cyclops, Minotaur (and the half-finished centaur that doesn't count) in May 2013. They're for the Cyclades boardgame, in the scale of who the gently caress knows.

(the cyclops is primed white, the rest are bare, the dark spots on the Kraken are green stuff.)

Your original Oath image is no longer loading. Possibly because you're using something called "imagecross.com" for your image hosting. As above, I recommend Imgur for no-bandwith-cap hosting. You'll need to fix this because original oath photos may be referenced later in the year.

Weirdo posted:

:siren:I, Weirdo, hereby declare OATH COMPLETE! Aww, it's a baby!

No username in photo. :(

The Supreme Court posted:

I actually took WIP shots for the jurnal and forgot to upload them along with my completed oath. Here they are!

I've given you credit. However, if you have not already done so please edit these photos into your Oath Complete post. (I haven't checked so if you already did that, no worries!)

The Impaler posted:

Oath complete

edit: shiiiiiit too late!

I do not like being a bad guy but I have to be strict about the deadline, or it will be abused. I cannot credit you for a completed oath. :(

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I accidentally put down double the fun, because I was going to do box art and parts list. I definitely ran out of time and forgot to put the hand back on the gladiator and one of the pain givers fell over. Apologies!

OK, no worries: I noticed and didn't credit you the point.

Weirdo posted:

Judging is based on your models as they were at the end of the month/in your final Oath Complete post. You're free to do whatever you want to your models after that, including painting them some more, but do not attempt to submit them for judging or edit your Oath Complete post images after the deadline.

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Last year I wasn't including pictures past the cut off time because you're getting more time than others did. They might do things different this year, but it's always good to post them just so people can see your final product!

Correct. We will not include post-deadline photos for judging. You are still free to post them to let people see your work, though! Just don't edit them into your Oath Complete post. In fact, nobody should edit their Oath Complete posts for any reason after the deadline, unless I, krushedgroove, or one of the judges instructs you to do so explicitly; the edit timestamp can otherwise be taken as possible evidence of cheating. We know your edit would probably be innocent but we have to watch out for that kind of shenanigans since there are valuable prizes on the line.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 1, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Double-posting just to say PLEASE CHECK YOUR POINTS!

Go HERE and check that I credited you for everything you should have. I've just gone through and made sure everyone I think qualifies for Double the Fun has the points even if you forgot to claim it. I found an error in the spreadsheet (on the one-time points page a user row got moved somehow) so it's possible I hosed up someone's credit for a thing some time between when that error happened and when it got fixed.

So please check all the sheets that are relevant: May 2013 shows the monthly points you earned, Bi-Monthly Prizes has links to Themed Group entries, One-Time Bonuses has all the points for one-time and year-end bonuses including Aww a Baby and the bonus challenges, Alternate Universe has your oathed and completed Alt Universe oaths, and Totals should have your points total in the red column.

Before judging, Pash is still our monthly points leader!

We will do prizes after the judging and after everyone has a chance to correct any errors in the bookkeeping.

As of right now, I show 125 valid oaths and 105 completed oaths! Just 20 oathbreakers is a pretty good percentage. Last year, the first month had 121 oaths and 97 completed oaths, so we're doing better!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jun 1, 2013

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Slight issue. I lost my camera SD card with all my WIP pictures. I can show the completed model with my phone's camera, but if I find the SD card later can I apply for retroactie detekuv journal?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Slight issue. I lost my camera SD card with all my WIP pictures. I can show the completed model with my phone's camera, but if I find the SD card later can I apply for retroactie detekuv journal?

I hate to tell you this, bunny, but it kind of doesn't matter... the deadline for May has now passed. :(

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Leperflesh posted:

I hate to tell you this, bunny, but it kind of doesn't matter... the deadline for May has now passed. :(

FUUUUUUCK!

I had the photos for a week on the SD card, even the done ones, and I lost the drat card.

Oh well, if nothing else I know I'm not an oathbreaker, and besides, this entire thing was to motivate me to paint, which I did.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

It seems my guys are not being counted as a themed group?

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
OATH COMPLETE!

So I spent the last two days painting and have barely checked the forums, so apparently I missed the new deadline, thinking it was midnight. But whatever, I'm gonna post 'em anyhow.

[tIMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2ry4paq.jpg[t/IMG]

Additional colors on the pistoleer include Bloodstone Brown, Molten Bronze, Cold Iron, and Hammerfall Khaki. Additional colors for the elf are Cold Iron, Skorne Red highlight, Menoth White highlight, Umbral Umber, and Morrow White. Additional colors for the dwarf include Brass Balls, Solid Gold, Quicksilver mixed with Astronomicon Grey, and a very small bit of Umbral Umber.

All figures are based with a combination of Woodland Scenics ballast in Medium grade, along with... well, I don't really know how to describe it. Some Wal-Mart's have this home decorating section and in that section you can find these plastic bags full of rocks and seashells. I bought of ton of them and use them to base. They're pretty spiffy, just a bunch of shale chips and quartz, but I like them.

All green stuff was sculpted using a Polyform 5-in-1 Sculpting Tool, on sale for $15 from Joann Fabrics. GET THIS. It is the best sculpting tool I've found. The maces on the elf are from two Reaper figures I had laying around. My conversion on them sucks, but it was my first time, so meh. I'll know better next time. Hat on the pistoleer was done using the recipe in the last No Quarter, it is hilariously too big, but I like it. Dwarven ushanka was just me loving around, but it came out okay. Blade is from one of the Reaper Weapons Packs.

I'll post a better picture tomorrow when the sun is shining into my light box. It's 9:30 and I just finished.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

It's too late, but next time, submit these as a themed group!

Ack, I totally missed that! Thanks for the reminder, I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Companion Cube posted:

It seems my guys are not being counted as a themed group?

Ah, I see you indicated they were a themed group in your original Oath post. Should have mentioned it in your oath complete post too, but no worries I got ya.

Swags posted:

OATH COMPLETE!

So I spent the last two days painting and have barely checked the forums, so apparently I missed the new deadline, thinking it was midnight. But whatever, I'm gonna post 'em anyhow.

:(

In case anyone's worried, just remember that the Themed Group is a bimonthly contest. So you still have June to do one, if you didn't do one in May, in order to be in the first drawing.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I've definitely got a themed group coming for June so no worries there.

I'm going to go ahead and put in a plea to revert oath submission deadlines back to midnight in whatever time zone people are in. Evenings are generally the only time I get to do nerd hobby stuff, and I doubt I'm the only one in the same boat. 8:00 p.m. is pretty rough and essentially shorts me a day of hobby time. Just a thought. If anyone else agrees feel free to say so.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
I miss the days of our event organizers being based in Hawaii, and being able to post my Oath at 3am PST.

We need to take up a collection to relocate krushgroove to the middle of the Pacific.

e: Also eager to start on the next month, but am waiting for the next theme! Wake up and give us instructions for our internet contest about little pewter/plastic dollies!
:byodood:

Tadhg fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jun 1, 2013

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.

Fyrbrand posted:

I'm going to go ahead and put in a plea to revert oath submission deadlines back to midnight in whatever time zone people are in. Evenings are generally the only time I get to do nerd hobby stuff, and I doubt I'm the only one in the same boat. 8:00 p.m. is pretty rough and essentially shorts me a day of hobby time. Just a thought. If anyone else agrees feel free to say so.

I agree in theory, though I don't really want to deal with extra Time Server photos. Maybe just push it back to 6am GMT or so, so it's after work hours for most of the goons?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Fyrbrand posted:

The old system used to deny me 1-2 days due to the time difference waiting for the next months special rules to come through. I'm happier with everyone running at the same time. :(

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?

Fyrbrand posted:

Ya got a whole month to paint an oath, procrastination is the problem not timezones.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Can we start posting new oaths yet? I'm about to do my first and I'm so excited!

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
I hear ya, Not a viking, I'd like to post my oath too. He'll be big and green and red all over. The little guy has been dying to get a paint job for over a year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yes, you absolutely can start Oathing for June, folks! We don't know what this month's special Detektuv's Jurnal will be, but if you're confident you can work that into whatever you're painting - or add models to do so - or don't care about those 2 points - then you should go right on ahead. In fact, I think I'll just go and start the June spreadsheet.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Last in, first out!

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath 5 Battle Mechaniks and an Agonizer from Privateer Press, a giant squid from Iron Wind Metals, and two skull... pillars of unknown make for the month of June.

Here is a close up of the skull pillars if anyone knows the manufacturer:

Hopefully I won't procrastinate on these and actually do a good job this month.

edit: Oh man, forgot the time.

Gareth Gobulcoque fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jun 1, 2013

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
I haven't painted anything since my teens, but am now staring at collections of 40k Death Korps and tanks, Infinity, Battlefleet gothic and McVey resins.

I've prevaricated for years and figure that taking part in the monthly oath might be the only way I get started.

With that in mind, for spaceships (as they're the least intimidating minis on that list to start painting), are they okay to oath given lack of bases to flock/sand?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

UngorEatStefan posted:

You might be wondering, what inspired that dwarf with the turquoise pants and blue beard?

This bad mother

Thanks 1980s D&D action figure line!

HA! I remember these! I used to have a couple myself. Wow. The 80s
Cuttin' it fine...00:57!

But not as close as these guys at 00:59!

Or this guy, on the dot at 1:00!

Now I'm aware there are time issues...

Tadhg posted:

I miss the days of our event organizers being based in Hawaii, and being able to post my Oath at 3am PST.

We need to take up a collection to relocate krushgroove to the middle of the Pacific.

...so I'll definitely accept a donation fund to move me to Hawai'i, provided a job or working wage can be sorted out as well!

Fyrbrand posted:

This would create all sorts of problems (not least of which is figuring out what time zone every goon is in!). Everyone has the whole month to do a minimum of 1 normal-size model, that's a minimum of 28-30 evenings...if you're rushing to finish stuff on the very last day, the only thing I can say is I wholeheartedly agree with this:

Chance II posted:

Ya got a whole month to paint an oath, procrastination is the problem not timezones.

That sounds a bit harsh, I know everyone has family/work things that come up, but remember that unless you're going big guns for the Grand Prizes, there's no real consequences for failing to complete an oath (imagine if we made everyone put in :10bux: and if they failed their oath their money went in their name towards a cause they really hated, like the GW Bush library, PETA or buying Dawkin's next book for a school somewhere?).

Tadhg posted:

e: Also eager to start on the next month, but am waiting for the next theme! Wake up and give us instructions for our internet contest about little pewter/plastic dollies!
:byodood:

See the next post!

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Hurry up then. It's 10.36 in the UK and some of us have been pootling about for hours.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Oh noes! What ‘av we done!

I only took a step through da lady’s funny doorway and we only gone an’ arrived in the middle of a bloody great battle! Dese crazy humies and bloody pointy-eared freaks are ‘aving some sort of argument and de bullets are going right through me ‘at and coat! Oi only just washed dese!

Roight. Down to bizness. Duz it look like I'll find da ring or wot ever round 'ere?

Beakies overe dere... poncies over dere... Nope, don't fink it's 'ere! Time to get sumware else!

Oi looked about for a place to lay lo - Oi'd neva run from a scrap uzually, but I 'ad work to do and Beakies are maybe my least fave boyz to fite.

Looking down to check me gear, oi noticed me arm was on da ground and not on me elbow where it should be. 'Dat's funny,' I thort, 'Oi'm sure dat was attached a minit ago.'

To me right were sum poncie boyz in bloo, wiv a fancy no-eyed red lad among dem. Dere nasty lil gunz sendin zippy choppy bitz all over da place. Oi laffed dat dey couldn seem to 'it me agane til oi looked over me uvver shoulder and saw sum of da mega-wotsit beakies wiv shields an dat.

Oi decided to take me chances wiv da poncy boyz.

Pickin' up me arm oi Waaagh!ed in dere direktion, firin me slugga left an' rite. Oi krumped into dere lines just next to da blind red wun. 'Dis wun'll be eezy,' oi thort, 'da poor sap kan't see!' Oi swung me arms round but before oi could knock 'is ruddy block off 'e turned slightly and stretched out 'is 'and.

A great white blast smacked me over and sent me flyin', and before oi blacked out oi fort ... 'Dat's funny... Takin' an awful long time to land...'

This month’s theme: Battle Damage - let’s see what your model looks like with a bit of scarring!

This could be as simple as painting on some black dots as bullet holes or a red line as a facial scar, but we’d really like to see some effort put into some painting effects that take it up a notch or three. For example, 3D-effect claw marks, crash damage on a vehicle, scrapes and wounding or damage from various weapons. Don’t go overboard! because as we know ‘a little can go a long way’, but it should be obvious in your final picture what the battle damage is.

If you want to go crazy, do some conversion or sculpting work, but as always the focus should be on the painting - unless you're going all-out for the conversion contest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
I, Not a viking, oath two Bretonnian knights of the realm from Games Workshop for the monthe of June

• Locked thread