Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Eraflure posted:

Gonna spend all my points in cool and die over and over again in a very radical fashion

Cool is def a luck or poise type stat.

^^^I already own W3 and I’m parked in Velen but I keep getting distracted by shiny new and old games. Also I have two kids. I just need to FOCUS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gridlocked posted:

TW3 was the master class of RPGs and I will fight anyone who argues.

Just got a flashback to Connor McLeod walking through a battlefield asking,"WHY WILL NO ONE FIGHT ME!?!"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Sounds like there's a class of guns that automatically home in on targets (don't require aiming).

There's also a chip or whatever that displays bullet trajectories, allowing you to take out enemies by ricocheting bullets around corners.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Rinkles posted:

"I'm cleaner than a oval office at a convent"

I didn't realise the writers were Scottish.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

CottonWolf posted:

Now someone needs to pick up the SLA Industries license.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MeatwadIsGod posted:

As long as there's not an LA Noire-sized gulf between the option you pick and what your character says then I'm okay with it.

I prefer the Mass Effect Andromeda style of dialogue where none of the options are what you want, none of the dialogue matches what you selected anyway and you get the same outcome regardless.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

You can run up walls (I guess with the right augmentations), and stick to walls by lodging your arm blades into them.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

why has no one leaked a gritty cellphone video of the game

get on it game journalists. your jobs are a joke anyways do what must be done

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

It's kinda shocking to me just how naive goons itt are being about the game feel and mechanical limitations of first person perspectives.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Heard the environments compared, broadly, to Deus Ex without budgetary constraints. And the fast paced shooting and sliding in slo mo to vanquish.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wicked Them Beats posted:

There was one of the skyline of Night City i think?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

There was one of the skyline of Night City i think?

That wasn't a leak. It's at their booth.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Regarding realistic city driving gameplay:

Press F to validate your parking.

Regarding pov:

I like and respect CDPR for the quality of their games. I am hopeful that they made the best game they could, and if first person is best for that, then they know what they are doing and I trust them. I just prefer 3rd person. Hopefully they will change my mind with some gameplay. I like first person shooters, but part of the fun for me is in games like fallout and skyrim seeing my dude do stuff in the world, not necessarily watch in first person as I do it. Meh.

I'm buying the gently caress out of the game either way.

vandalism fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 13, 2018

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Rinkles posted:

Wow, frajaq, how very grognard of you

nah I accepted it and moved on :smuggo:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:lol:

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

What does broken card mean?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i can't wait to get in a gunfight with a bunch of heavily armed EMT's because the guy that i needed to kill ended up being chipped.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I love everything about this.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
CDPR has said that this is a single-player focused game but they can't talk about multiplayer or even promise it will be at launch.

I'm guessing that they want the single-player to be released on a wide base but they don't want to pull a GTA5 and launch an evolving multiplayer service game on cross-gen platforms.

Wicked Them Beats posted:

CDPR is pretty good at releasing scripted and narrated versions of a closed press demo a few months later. That's what they did for The Witcher 3.

high six
Feb 6, 2010
I thought being an EMT sounded like a lovely job but Trauma Team sounds like fun.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trauma team doesnt gently caress around

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jerusalem posted:

Just got a flashback to Connor McLeod walking through a battlefield asking,"WHY WILL NO ONE FIGHT ME!?!"

I think that's just Ronvid of the Small Marsh, fighting for the honour of Maid Bilberry.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Sininu posted:

deadman's card or something like that, people that hire that service have a permanent link to the trauma team's office that detects if something real bad happens to you and move in to rescue you

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

frajaq posted:

deadman's card or something like that, people that hire that service have a permanent link to the trauma team's office that detects if something real bad happens to you and move in to rescue you

Is that the brain implant that monitors vital signs and calls Trauma Team?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Sininu posted:

The most common way to signal them is by carrying a plastic card (like a credit card) with a transmitter in it, which is triggered by just breaking it in half. It's quicker and easier than dialing 911, and you can bring a card like that into places where you might not have regular communications.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh I didn't know that piece of lore actually

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Perestroika posted:

The most common way to signal them is by carrying a plastic card (like a credit card) with a transmitter in it, which is triggered by just breaking it in half. It's quicker and easier than dialing 911, and you can bring a card like that into places where you might not have regular communications.

So that is for the lower level insurance and platinum level will get that brain implant I've heard about before?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Sininu posted:

So that is for the lower level insurance and platinum level will get that brain implant I've heard about before?

Remember that the original game was written in the 80's and wireless tech wasn't nearly as good. Snapping a card as an indicator is an example of that.

I''m pretty sure the hardware is available, it's also just a question of if you have interface plugs in your head (which are common, but not everyone actually has them.)

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Cool is def a luck or poise type stat.

^^^I already own W3 and I’m parked in Velen but I keep getting distracted by shiny new and old games. Also I have two kids. I just need to FOCUS.

I still haven't beaten Witcher 2 fam.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

CottonWolf posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Tc0gKu27g

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Sininu posted:

Correct. Like in the 16:30 report.

Funny that after they put her down, they had to try and revive her due to her Lifeline implant alerting the same Trauma Team.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1006916217800658944

Not going to watch unless they're showing gameplay this time.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i bet twitch live will have gameplay

i hope at the end of this slow release of information they're like "oh yeah, its done, bitches"

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Seems like if they were gonna show the gameplay they'd have done so already. Maybe they're waiting for Gamescom in August.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

they might be saving the best for last day or something

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Yeah...I think they are aiming for late 2019 but feel good about early 2020.

Not only is that thematically appropriate but it might even give the pen and paper some new interest.

Also, goddamn is it weird to think that it's going to be TYOOL 2020 in two years.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

high six posted:

I thought being an EMT sounded like a lovely job but Trauma Team sounds like fun.

Tragically, real EMTs can't kill annoying patients.

EAB
Jan 18, 2011

Inverness posted:

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1006916217800658944

Not going to watch unless they're showing gameplay this time.

I somehow doubt theyre showing gameplay but drat would I love for that to be the case. Maybe the raving reviews from the press made them feel confident to show the gameplay demo to the public.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
Yeah I wouldn't expect gameplay until August at the earliest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spider2414
Apr 17, 2013
Surely they're not going to just show more trailers when two more 'stream events' are hosting the game right?