Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Red posted:

Did we ever find out exactly why Dario was recast?

Nah. The original actor just said "politics".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Red posted:

Did we ever find out exactly why Dario was recast?

No dubstep rappers allowed in the seven kingdoms

https://youtu.be/kJjCKLC6yLU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I can't believe people didn't like the elephants thing. I agree with Cercei!! She should've gotten elephants!!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think he left because he was offered roles in movies (he was the villain in deadpool) and didn't want to work himself crazy doing both. He hasnt been clear but in interviews he makes it sound like it was his decision to leave but he's really vague.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

No Wave posted:

I think he left because he was offered roles in movies (he was the villain in deadpool) and didn't want to work himself crazy doing both. He hasnt been clear but in interviews he makes it sound like it was his decision to leave but he's really vague.

He did debunk that.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Tormund good, Edd good, Davos good, Qyburn good. gently caress the rest

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

With the new credits it feels like we're never seeing or hearing anything from Essos or Dorne again which I guess I don't really mind

Who is there to hear from?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lycus posted:

He did debunk that.
kinda. this is the quote:

quote:

"That’s what been reported in the press but it was a lot more political than that. My plan was to stay with Game of Thrones for the long haul. That was always my plan. I would have loved to. It was a wonderful experience, but politics led to us parting ways. And from there I just said, “Okay, look forward, be positive. Keep calm and carry on.” That’s my mentality when things go well, so I stay grounded and not get to overwhelmed by the hype, and it’s my mentality when the plans change."
This makes me think the show required some kind of formal (unnecessary?) commitment from him that he wasn't willing to make.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, sounds like they said pick us or leave.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Episode was good. I had low expectations and it was a good and fun set up. lmao @ people unable to enjoy things sorry about ur brain problems

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dolorous Edd is the dark soulsiest name I ever heard

hobbesmaster posted:

Who is there to hear from?

No one but you'd think someone would care what's going on with Freedomland versus Slaveropolis

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

I can't believe people didn't like the elephants thing. I agree with Cercei!! She should've gotten elephants!!

I actually thought that was hillarious and a good way of showing Cercei likes to think she is the smartest in the room, but isn't even smarter than Mountain Voorhees.

I mean the Golden Company guy made a really good point that elephants don't travel well and hell considering how mucky and muddy Westoros is (even factoring in winter) they'd probably be next to useless. Like one of those super crazy German Heavy Tanks designs being used on the Eastern Front.

Also does Euron remind anyone of a less jacked version of Bennent in Commando? It's weird they seem very similar in some ways.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

crazy cloud posted:

Episode was good. I had low expectations and it was a good and fun set up. lmao @ people unable to enjoy things sorry about ur brain problems

I understand and agree with the criticism that it was stupid (but don't care), what I don't get is anyone saying it was wasting time. So much stuff happened, a lot of it that we've been waiting for forever

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Its Coke posted:

I understand and agree with the criticism that it was stupid (but don't care), what I don't get is anyone saying it was wasting time. So much stuff happened, a lot of it that we've been waiting for forever

Yeah, I was happy how much stuff was being resolved or addressed and not punted forward.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I just imagine him as Kano from the Mortal Kombat movie, personally.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Its Coke posted:

jon snow know's he's freakin aegon targaryen and jaime and bran get to work together to make winterfell ADA compliant it's pretty excellent

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bee posted:

I just imagine him as Kano from the Mortal Kombat movie, personally.

Okay yeah I can see that too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

crazy cloud posted:

jon snow know's he's freakin aegon targaryen and jaime and bran get to work together to make winterfell ADA compliant it's pretty excellent

Jamie is forced to wear Bran like he's Master Blaster

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He’s Pacey with a mustache and the early stages of pattern baldness.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Arya is just painful to watch. Just make her go back to her home planet like Melisandre there is nothing worth salvaging from "world-weary invincible ninja 17 year old".

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm at that point where I'm tempted to read the books. I only have the first one(book and audiobook), but every time I try I'm like meh. Not bad or anything just I don't want to invest in it and everyone says first books are great then it goes to total poo poo. Oddly enough I think like lore stuff more like that fire and ice book or reading wikis it's weird.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm very happy there's already a lot of "A whole new world" montages on YT because that's the only thing I could think of during the flight scene and now I don't have to personally make the edit.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I'm at that point where I'm tempted to read the books. I only have the first one(book and audiobook), but every time I try I'm like meh. Not bad or anything just I don't want to invest in it and everyone says first books are great then it goes to total poo poo. Oddly enough I think like lore stuff more like that fire and ice book or reading wikis it's weird.

I've read all the books and I would recommend just watching the first season of Game of Thrones and then reading lore instead

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Wait where is Melisandre?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I almost want smug Jamie back just to tell everyone what a dick the mad king was.

“I’m dead anyway why not act like this?”

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
The books are full of a shitton of bald characters who were left out of the show and who don't add anything to the story. GRRM also can't help overcomplicating things instead of resolving them and everything released in the last ten years is just viewpoint characters wandering around endlessly, repeating phrases to themselves, and getting pwned in ways large and small

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

bobjr posted:

I almost want smug Jamie back just to tell everyone what a dick the mad king was.

“I’m dead anyway why not act like this?”

I could see that being a point of contention between Jon and Dany for king factions. Dany’s gonna want him bbq’d while Jon, maybe with urging from Tyrion, Brienne, Varys, maybe even Bran, is on the “well the mad king deserved it” train even if he still hates Jaime. If Jon’s the “my crown for the people” guy and Dany’s the “the people for my crown” gal it works.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Wait where is Melisandre?
She talked with Varys at the end of the season and the conversation had no point beyond her saying "I'm leaving the show now"

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Cersei's going to lose the baby due to too much wine and blame euron, then go scorched earth

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

No Wave posted:

She talked with Varys at the end of the season and the conversation had no point beyond her saying "I'm leaving the show now"

After being banished she didn't have many options where to go and I guess it's cheaper to not hire her for another season to solve that riddle.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Cersei's going to lose the baby due to too much wine and blame euron, then go scorched earth

Nah she'll die giving birth to a dwarf.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Quite certain after having Euron going over her a few times her vagina is nothing but scorched earth anyways, look at the dude.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Its Coke posted:

I've read all the books and I would recommend just watching the first season of Game of Thrones and then reading lore instead

Yeah I've found that to be pretty enjoyable and I just can't motivate myself to read the books when I have the show and lore stuff.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I Am A Robot posted:

So next episode is going to be a bloodbath right? Like they're going to lose Winterfell?

You don't make a neat ice animation during the map credits just to stop after episode 2

And Chekov's Iron Islands was another big signal

Yeah I think they will gently caress up winterfell and the north will retreat to the iron islands with Theon. Then the walkers destroy kings landing and humanity’s last stand is at the iron islands. My other stupid prediction is creepy Bran being the bad guy in the end. Just to say that if Jamie had actually killed him in the first season it would have been a blessing. Also Joffrey trying to kill him, comedy option Lannister crazy’s trying to save the world the whole time lol.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

teagone posted:

Nah she'll die giving birth to a dwarf.

:hmmyes:

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I totally think the scene between the Hound and Arya was their form of heart-felt. When she says "And I robbed you too..." it was the only type of response the Hound would totally respect, she's earned it.

There is no way in hell Bronn is going to attempt to kill Jaime and Tyrion. He's selfish, but he's way too practical. No amount of Lands, Women, and Gold would matter in an undead world. They are definitely going to make everyone think he will though.

I think Jon is going to want to keep this Targaryen revelation a secret, but just like always, he will be forced to accept a role he doesn't want.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Idk. I think that was just to tell us what Theon's sister is doing when she doesnt show up for most of the rest of the show.

Hard to imagine there are only 5 loving episodes left.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
People should read the books entirely because Book Dolorous Edd is the best character in the entire franchise and the show just made him a random genereric character-less beard guy to represent the entire Night's Watch.

Actually, just read the Jon chapters. They have the best battles, the bits the show did the most disservice to (sometimes more out of budget than stupidity), the Dolorous Edd bits and a POV character you can actually root for. And no lemoncakes.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Comfortador posted:

I totally think the scene between the Hound and Arya was their form of heart-felt. When she says "And I robbed you too..." it was the only type of response the Hound would totally respect, she's earned it.
The puppy had no real reason to be mad at her, there wasn't any tension besides "how exactly will he display that he's not mad".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

No Wave posted:

didn’t she say she as well as varys will/has to die in westeros tho?