Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i was kinda wondering about that, he isn't a great fit with the point book experiment over and the recent draftees being 3&d type guys, and also he probably doesn't want to come off the bench on this team. he should go to like... denver? milwaukee? and be a spark plug off the bench imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Oubre not taking offer sheets to help Phoenix out and then getting dumped would suck.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I feel like no one watches Marcus Morris play and realizes how empty his statline is every game. He's a massive chucker that sets lovely screens, demands constant isos, never passes, and barely goes for rebounds.

The amount of poo poo rear end threes I've seen him toss after Randle gives him the ball on the arc this year...

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Athanatos posted:

Either of those teams adding Marcus Morris is nuts

Kuzma + Green for Morris would leave LAL a little shallow, I think. That guard rotation gets real rough.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Doltos posted:

I feel like no one watches Marcus Morris play and realizes how empty his statline is every game. He's a massive chucker that sets lovely screens, demands constant isos, never passes, and barely goes for rebounds.

The amount of poo poo rear end threes I've seen him toss after Randle gives him the ball on the arc this year...

How much of that is "I play for the Knicks, gently caress this poo poo"

Because there are a lot of old Knicks players that played that way.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Charlotte should be burning up the Knicks' phone

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Morris is a nice player to have on a contending team but is he better than a combo of Green and Kuzma

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The fact that knicks fans haven't romanticized Bobby for remorseless chucking and bugging his eyes out at people is really disturbing, he should be a Garden Legend.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Danny Green is the Lakers 3rd best player lol

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/kevinoconnornba/status/1225176131952939016?s=21 Sure

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Why is Oubre on the block? I thought Phoenix finally finally finally found a SF they were happy with

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
It truly is amazing that ESPN is willing to put both Lowe and Woj on TV at once

Edit: Woj is wearing a patterned blazer over a zip-up with the collar popped

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I always get it mixed up since it alternates but which is the good Morris twin now?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

I always get it mixed up since it alternates but which is the good Morris twin now?
Marcus

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Marcus Morris was great on the Celtics last year but I can't help but think that his departure is at least slightly related to their significantly better flow now.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Why is Oubre on the block? I thought Phoenix finally finally finally found a SF they were happy with

if you like mikal bridges/cam johnson/ty jerome you might as well trade him, i think. as for what changed, it's probably ricky rubio and the end of point book where you have a shooter in your back pocket on the court.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1225179996500611073?s=19

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Marcus Morris was great on the Celtics last year but I can't help but think that his departure is at least slightly related to their significantly better flow now.

There was a stretch when it felt like the Marcuses were the only thing keeping that team together, but as it fell apart, Morris absolutely became a big part of the problem. He needs his touches, and they aren't exactly maximum efficiency touches when he gets them.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's kind of bad rear end that Markieff Morris peaked his third year and is able to coast on that + him having a twin who's good so people get kind of confused and don't realize he's not really worthwhile now

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Lol if Danny Green ends up on the Knicks. He chose the Lakers over the Mavs because they were closer to contending.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/hannibalburess/status/1225159647956545536?s=20

Mostly your typical names w/ a slight upgrade because it's in Chicago, but bringing in Darius Miles and Q-Rich as the ringers is great

Ohashi is easily the best athlete to ever be on a celeb all star team.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

zelah posted:

Uh TO exists

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Salvor_Hardin posted:

We must have different memories of Morris last year cuz he was an albatross for the last half of the season, completely hijacking the offense at times. He went from leading the league in 3pt% for the first two months of last season to finishing at like 37%. He's playing very similarly in New York only those threes are still falling. I like him but he's not a super easy fit on a lot of teams, I think he'd probably do better than Kuzma as the Lakers sparkplug though

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Until an Olympic female gymnast competes, I’ll die on this hill.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Old Pippen just destroying people to the point that magic called a timeout to ask him to stop is the pinnacle of the celebrity game.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Cool Buff Man posted:

We must have different memories of Morris last year cuz he was an albatross for the last half of the season, completely hijacking the offense at times. He went from leading the league in 3pt% for the first two months of last season to finishing at like 37%. He's playing very similarly in New York only those threes are still falling. I like him but he's not a super easy fit on a lot of teams, I think he'd probably do better than Kuzma as the Lakers sparkplug though

I mean, 37% is pretty good considering he was mostly unassisted and creating the offense. But yeah I mostly remember the 40%+ months. We're on the same page about him not being a good fit in a fluid offense.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
lakers should stay as they are now and try to snag some free agents for playoff season

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

zelah posted:

Can she dunk tho?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

HOW ARE WE NOT DISCUSSING THE FACT THAT D MILES AND Q RICH ARE PLAYING EVERYONE START DOING THE FIST ANTLERS

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I mean, 37% is pretty good considering he was mostly unassisted and creating the offense. But yeah I mostly remember the 40%+ months. We're on the same page about him not being a good fit in a fluid offense.

In a vacuum yeah 37% is decent. 37% after going two months shooting 45% takes a lot of the shine off that number though

Don't get me wrong he wasn't THE problem or anything but by the end of the year he def wasn't helping

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Marcus Morris from the start of the season until Dec 31st 2018:

The rest of the season:

e: forgot what year we're in

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 6, 2020

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Athanatos posted:

How much of that is "I play for the Knicks, gently caress this poo poo"

Because there are a lot of old Knicks players that played that way.

Very little, in fact I think we're seeing fully unleashed Morris.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Lol https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1225185176101236743

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Does this make him KCAB?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Old Pippen just destroying people to the point that magic called a timeout to ask him to stop is the pinnacle of the celebrity game.

This is truth, Pippen was getting "Jordan calling him the bad F" flashback hard in that game.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Horford and Morris are all-stars for the "Doing all the little things that are important but not doing a lot of the big things that are also really important" team.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Knowing Rose, he'll try to send two of his friends in his stead.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rose changing his mind and not playing is a great tribute to his years on the bulls

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

BWV posted:

Knowing Rose, he'll try to send two of his friends in his stead.

:wink:
we men

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

euphronius posted:

I think it’s coming

He seems pissed.

BB will get fired before they trade Embiid or Simmons. I don't think it's Browns fault but I do think he's got to go if everything doesn't magically fall together in the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

paternity suitor posted:

BB will get fired before they trade Embiid or Simmons. I don't think it's Browns fault but I do think he's got to go if everything doesn't magically fall together in the playoffs.

brown is getting fired as soon as the season ends