Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Bidencare!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Biden still just ending mid-sentence when the moderators cut him off is pretty pathetic.

At least one or two of these jokers read Brian Schatz's twitter today.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
This has all the gravitas of a high school debate

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Cory this is a drat primary. Pitting you against each other is the point.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

ACCESS

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

twodot posted:

Rebroadcasting CNN's content for your personal profit is not great.

Nah it owns.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They have all so loving muddled the waters on M4A that it's really impossible to know what the gently caress they are talking about even if you have some working knowledge of the policy.

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.

Uglycat posted:

You get it.

e: note that I'm a post-capitalist anarchist who will take no masters, and issue no commands, living on the gift economy - whose history is entwined with Pete's.

Thanks. I totally distrusted Pete before, and I'm reevaluating my feelings on him after reading your post. I appreciate that context. Still not thrilled with him, but he looks less like a wolf in sheep's clothes to me now. Thanks for what you do for people who are hanging by a thread.

And not to poo poo up the thread, but why did you have to be naked to stop advancing cops? Was it supposed to be an attention-grabber? Sounds like it worked, in any case.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Joe the Strummer posted:

So this is boring as hell
Nah, this is much better than yesterday because people are saying actual things no matter if you agree with them or not. I'll take Biden being a Republican but having actual talking points. gently caress what he's saying, but he's not just chanting "PRAGMATISM" like the nobodies getting their asses handed to them yesterday.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Cory Booker coming onto the Democratic primary debate stage to complain about Democrats fighting Democrats

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Epicurius posted:

no reason to surrender the idea of fiscal efficiency to the Republicans.

there's no reason to accept it as a premise of any value, either. Bringing it up now is just pre-capitulating behavior. So... I guess it's very popular among the establishment.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

Ershalim posted:

I've seen Harris fired up before. What is she doing? Are there metrics saying that people want "bored DMV lecture" as their potus or something?

I think Harris is deliberately doing low energy because she doesn't want to be the "angry black woman" candidate. Probably feedback from dumb focus groups. I know this thread hates her but she's a lot more effective when she's aggressive

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Psychepath posted:

Biden still just ending mid-sentence when the moderators cut him off is pretty pathetic.

At least he isn't stopping mid-sentence and TELLING the moderators his time is up this time around.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Sardonik posted:

This has all the gravitas of a high school debate

No, far less.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Tulsi really oiled up her chest tonight.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
https://www.wvpe.org/post/update-fe...HMy8utOI5gcYvvc

Hmmmm.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

So, everyone is going after Kamala Harris tonight, huh?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

Cory Booker coming onto the Democratic primary debate stage to complain about Democrats fighting Democrats

Notice he didn't answer the question

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
A thousand dollar copay.

How many people can actually afford that? Most people can't afford a sudden $500 expense, let alone a $1000 expense.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Anarkii posted:

I know this thread hates her but she's a lot more effective when she's aggressive

Definitely. I don't want her to win, but I do get a little kick out of it when she grills lovely people with her cop-instincts.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
This healthcare debate is nowhere near as interesting without Warren or Sanders (i.e. someone who says they want to abolish private insurance)

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.
Harris seems off her game tonight. I wonder if the protesters struck a cop nerve.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

This night is going to be a bloodbath

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Didn't expect Gillibrand and then Gabbard as the first ones to have any spark of passion in their voice.

Kamala still laser-focusing on Joe and I doubt the moderators will call her out on it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Kamala like "I'mma shut you up Tulsi, but Biden you the real bitch."

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Holy poo poo Biden sounds senile.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Biden just malfunctioned like a cartoon robot

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I don't think there is anyone on this stage who actually supports M4A.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Did he just say "what plan does cover everyone" in response to "yours doesn't"?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Empire State posted:

Harris seems off her game tonight. I wonder if the protesters struck a cop nerve.

I think she wasn't expecting everyone going after her so early.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Biden looks so pumped that he's the only one who stopps then the moderators tell him to.
Also he looks terrible. Rest in piss.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

bbbbbb-bb-bbbb-bbbb-bidencare

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

I feel like this is people arguing about which candidate's minor change is right and how everyone else's minor changes are a disaster.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Republicans posted:

Not much else to say. Probably CNN mad about people not streaming from them. At least I have an excuse to not watch this snorefest.

CNN can't even have their OWN advertisements on the stream. Someone else rebroadcasting the stream on a platform that it itself supported by ads seems like it could cause all sorts of trouble

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Who the gently caress is this? Did he just walk in off the street?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
M4A pull quote for the moderators, after all the talking about it:

It will get Trump re-elected.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

At least Biden paid lip service to negotiating drug prices. Bernie is the only other one I have heard talk about this.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Zero_Grade posted:

Kamala still laser-focusing on Joe and I doubt the moderators will call her out on it.
It's not against any rules?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

lol you live in a country that elected donald trump why are we putting trust back into those hands to do anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

This guy should've gotten dunked on by Bernie and Warren yesterday