Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The only justification for american police is literally fictional supervillains

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Didn't it take the Feds to bring down Mafia syndicates because of their tendency to buy off local cops?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I mean, I really do

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I continue to be amazed by people who feel the need to carry guns everywhere accusing someone else of "living in fear."

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

Didn't it take the Feds to bring down Mafia syndicates because of their tendency to buy off local cops?
Yeah, it was easier to turn a blind and take some easy cash than to enter a war with them. I think the mentality was that they mostly kill each other and don’t bother regular people that much outside of, you know, extortion and such.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Yes, I remember how Tony Soprano's schemes were regularly thwarted by the police.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yep it sure would be a bad thing if a gang of corrupt criminals was regularly committing violence against American citizens with zero accountability.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Looks like Buddy Holly's having second thoughts about this airplane ride.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Priti Patel and toppling statues — Black Lives Matters protesters in Bristol have pulled down a statue of the slave trader Edward Colston"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson considers giving drivers up to £6,000 in diesel and petrol car scrappage scheme

Independent:

Times:

'You will face justice': Priti Patel condemns minority of 'thugs' at UK anti-racism protests – video

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the UK's quarantine plan

bartok
May 10, 2006

Why is Paulie Walnuts vibrating?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Oh look it's the other major white supremacist organization that the media loves to glorify.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Less work for poor Death. AGC.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/itslittletunny/status/1270380217190801411?s=20

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

On Tony Abbott receiving the top Queen's Birthday honour. Abbott very famously reintroduced Australian knighthoods and then gave one to Prince Philip, a move that caused a wave of ridicule that ultimately toppled him as PM.

Knight:

Knight is going to be able to do more footy cartoons as Victoria gradually reopens. It is hard to know whether football ends and politics begin in a country where a former state premier screaming against the lockdown is also a club president and the prime minister names his plane "Shark One".

Leak, Son of Leak:

China warns students to reconsider travel to Australia for study (Guardian).
A lot of universities rely on international students to be viable and are being severely hit by the coronavirus crisis, and the government is doing close to nothing to help the sector.

Rowe:

Treasury boss takes 'full responsibility' for JobKeeper bungle (AFR).

Wilcox:

Zanetti:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I cannot fathom anybody with even a passing familiarity with The Sopranos thinking the cops were an active and effective deterrent to organized crime. :psyduck:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Jerusalem posted:

I cannot fathom anybody with even a passing familiarity with The Sopranos thinking the cops were an active and effective deterrent to organized crime. :psyduck:
Maybe that's why he's so mad! He knows the police status quo keeps them afloat and doesn't want to see the police defunded.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
conservatives are ALL ABOUT the free market but when it comes to protection rackets it BETTER be the one paid by, but not controlled by, the state for...some reason?

because that's what this comic is saying "oh no, if we defund the people that are taking our stuff, breaking our laws, and killing our citizens, who will protect us from the people that are taking our stuff, breaking our laws, and killing our citizens?"
at this point maybe i wanna see the mob's rates :shrug:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

1. No AGC needed, that's an actual good cartoon with a well executed punchline.

2. Oh gently caress off Stantis you dumb poo poo for brains.

It's amazing a pen for hire is THAT much better than conservative scribblers that have been doign this for decades

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Pictured: Paris this time of year (seven days ago, specifically):

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is the best Stantis can do when he's not copy-pasting.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

This is the best Stantis can do when he's not copy-pasting.

Genuinely can't tell if that's Allie genuinely not giving a single gently caress or Stantis trying to ape Allie's style because he's not helping anymore, and I'm not sure which one is sadder

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:
Leak, Son of Leak:

China warns students to reconsider travel to Australia for study (Guardian).
A lot of universities rely on international students to be viable and are being severely hit by the coronavirus crisis, and the government is doing close to nothing to help the sector.

I also like how years and years of cutting university budgets and forcing them to be run for profit has pushed the universities into this position (relying on full fee paying international students to prop them up) and somehow that's their fault. Not to mention pushing more and more of the responsibility for payment onto students.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Yeah, I thought this was reference to Tony Baloney or whatever sausage themed polices here are.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Shut the gently caress up you stupid son of a bitch. The far right are trying to murder the protesters and the far left, and the police are helping them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Why is Henry Winkler so angry? :ohdear:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Jerusalem posted:

This looks like a cleaned up Jon Steward.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Jerusalem posted:

That guy looks nothing like Henry Winkler.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
LOL that dude's name is literally Lynch.

Wikipedia posted:

Patrick Lynch is the President of the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association of the City of New York.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Responding to Protests against Police Brutality with Policy Brutality

Ted Rall posted:

Ironically, the authorities who say that the police aren’t brutal deploy the police to beat up demonstrators against police brutality. Talk about making a point for you.

Tags: a few bad apples, anomalous, bad apples, Cops, exception, Gas, George Floyd, Police, Police Brutality, sweetie

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Y'know what? I am pro-cop now. Rall is just that bad at this.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Y'know what? I am pro-cop now. Rall is just that bad at this.
Hey. At least give him credit for not drawing this poo poo out into 4 panels (for some goddamned reason)

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Xander77 posted:

Hey. At least give him credit for not drawing this poo poo out into 4 panels (for some goddamned reason)

That does count as progress. Baby steps. Though in fairness to Rall, he is hardly the only one who does that.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

that cartoon is fine, aside from the art

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Xander77 posted:

With giant captions taking up a third of each.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

It's so racist he didn't even put it on his own twitter.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

lmao these people literally think that the police are superheroes

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

seiferguy posted:

By the time the police got there the mugger would already have the purse and the police would write some stuff down and then never do anything about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

seiferguy posted:

I thought the whole argument with the right was you can't count on police anyway, which is why you need a handgun or several. "Only a good guy with a gun." and such.