Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Anyone noticed how we finally have the (obvious) confirmation of Carmen still being up to her usual antics?
I'm actually rather glad they finally had someone outright namedrop her to remove all ambiguity. I mean, we all knew it was her, but now there's no room for doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Is it normal to be short on EXP early on? I'm at the Canto 4 dungeon with like level 24 characters and it's been a struggle, especially when the stages switch up resistances on you and welp have to level these other guys too

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Redmark posted:

Is it normal to be short on EXP early on? I'm at the Canto 4 dungeon with like level 24 characters and it's been a struggle, especially when the stages switch up resistances on you and welp have to level these other guys too
I would not know, I got my XP ticket hoard built up back when MD runs still gave you tickets so I've never had issues with keeping my dudes levelled. Really have no idea how it'd go for new players.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah I think it's normal to end up a little blocked on levels. Not much you can do about it other than do your dailies and blow any spare stamina on the exp dungeon.

I'd say if you can get your commonly used characters up to 30 that's probably enough.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

GilliamYaeger posted:

I'm actually rather glad they finally had someone outright namedrop her to remove all ambiguity. I mean, we all knew it was her, but now there's no room for doubt.

Yeah, I saw the name and rolled my eyes, thinking "Well I'm glad someone said it." She really is the loving G-Man, isn't she?

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 16, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KobunFan posted:

Yeah, I saw the name and rolled my eyes, thinking "Well I'm glad someone said it." She really is the loving G-Man, isn't she?

She's actually important so not really

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Anyone noticed how we finally have the (obvious) confirmation of Carmen still being up to her usual antics?

I found it interesting that Dongbaek seemed to be agreeing with the voice then went EGO instead of distorting. Maybe A/X can also talk to people when he feels like it? I dunno

Redmark posted:

As someone who started a few months late yes XP is a big bottleneck, anything past Ch. 2 is going to assume you were at the max level for the previous content

you'll catch up eventually but it's gonna take awhile, just take it a day at a time

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Also, Dongrang is a great example to why she is wrong. Gaining clarity of his true self didn't make him a better person, it just made him drop any pretenses about being a murderous sociopath.

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
I wonder if Ayin had access/used Mirror tech given the final days of Lob Corp and how those A's were reflections of Ayin himself. Like is it just similar concepts brought about through unrelated means (i.e. being shattered mentally with a Singularity based around making mental things real vs a tech that sees alternate worlds) or was that just another crazy tech Ayin got his hands on before shutting himself into the corporation?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

NotteBoy97 posted:

I wonder if Ayin had access/used Mirror tech given the final days of Lob Corp and how those A's were reflections of Ayin himself. Like is it just similar concepts brought about through unrelated means (i.e. being shattered mentally with a Singularity based around making mental things real vs a tech that sees alternate worlds) or was that just another crazy tech Ayin got his hands on before shutting himself into the corporation?
I don't think Yi Sang's flashback happened 10 years ago so I doubt it - the mirror wouldn't have even existed when Ayin locked himself away and erased his memories. It's more likely to be a result of proximity to Carmen aka almost certainly the source of the Golden Boughs. It's the same phenomenon that causes the end of chapter ego dungeons.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 16, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

GilliamYaeger posted:

I don't think Yi Sang's flashback happened 10 years ago so I doubt it - the mirror wouldn't have even existed when Ayin locked himself away and erased his memories. It's more likely to be a result of proximity to Carmen aka almost certainly the source of the Golden Boughs. It's the same phenomenon that causes the end of chapter ego dungeons.

Ehhhhh, K Corp was already in business by the time of Lob Corp and they're being on the rise/building up during Yi Sang's Flashback. Unlike Sinclair, we don't know how old Yi Sang is meant to be.

Probably not a mirror thing regardless, A's many selves are a result of Cogito if anything.

It occurs to me that between HQ and the Library, perhaps the Boughs are exhibiting a similar situation but for Carmen. The reason they're "Places" is because they're emitting Carmen's EGO, but since she's uhhhhh, well, the way she currently is, it has to resonate with other people to build things. Compared to Angela's Library being all her, or the things A managed to do with Cogito and his brain for his plan.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
okay I'll admit the FLY PERFECT WINGS got me.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Ehhhhh, K Corp was already in business by the time of Lob Corp and they're being on the rise/building up during Yi Sang's Flashback. Unlike Sinclair, we don't know how old Yi Sang is meant to be.
I feel like K Corp being "on the rise" is because the previous owner - the old lady who was kind to the eyeball monster that used to be her friend and produced tears by telling it beautiful stories - died and Alfonso took over with her more ruthless method of psychologically torturing the eye.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 16, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KobunFan posted:

Also, Dongrang is a great example to why she is wrong. Gaining clarity of his true self didn't make him a better person, it just made him drop any pretenses about being a murderous sociopath.

Rather than "clarity" Carmen seems to encourage people to embrace everything about themselves, even the hosed-up parts that they definitely shouldn't. I think Dongrang's EGO manifested because he ultimately couldn't accept the good parts about himself. The honest, caring man who nursed a calf back to health and cared for his friends is the part of himself that he can't stand(because to survive the City he had to cut that part of him off), but it was also the only time he was actually happy. Dongrang is just a mess, which is probably why he bounced between Distortion and EGO

GilliamYaeger posted:

There's the Mirror of Adjustment but that's more metaphorical, if he had access to the Limbus-style Mirror he could just find a universe where he wasn't a sociopath rather than having to mindwipe himself until he found a self that didn't turn out to be a monster or suicidal

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 16, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
apologies if I'm not reading this right but did Hermann ask Yi Sang to find a way to destroy the multiverse using the Mirror or somesuch?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

apologies if I'm not reading this right but did Hermann ask Yi Sang to find a way to destroy the multiverse using the Mirror or somesuch?
She did.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Junpei posted:

Which means we have 3 separate goals for the 3 main groups

Limbus: Use the mirror

Hermann: Destroy the multiverse

Demian: Destroy the mirror/seal the multiverse

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
It's weird that after a chapter (half a chapter?) where he was presented as this weightless, infinitely wise despite his age kid, Demian showing up at the end mostly just spews weirdly childish metaphors and asks Dante to draw him a sheep?

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Junpei posted:

It's weird that after a chapter (half a chapter?) where he was presented as this weightless, infinitely wise despite his age kid, Demian showing up at the end mostly just spews weirdly childish metaphors and asks Dante to draw him a sheep?

I bet the sheep drawing is a Petit Prince allusion, specifically.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...huh.

do you think Threadspun Level 4 Crow's Eye View will incorporate the lab background and giant glass wing into it's animation now?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Good morning sirs, Total Arab Death

sirs, do not be mean

Yinlock posted:

unrelated but in the final fight i was kinda disappointed that the mili song kept trailing off(though it's appropriate for Yi Sang's character), then she belted out FLY PERFECT WINGS in the finale and I teared up like a bitch 10/10

welp, same

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

the mirror shows "possibilities" so I assume her end goal is to destroy the possibilities she doesn't want to happen

Arcvasti posted:

I bet the sheep drawing is a Petit Prince allusion, specifically.

The "look with your heart" from the end of Ch. 3 also stems from there. Dante has some weird ties to that story.

The hand moving is omnious though, I had a idle thought a while back wondering if Dante's clock just tells normal time or is stationary, or maybe it's counting down to something.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

sirs, do not be mean
response to yinlock, ch4 ending stuff more or less yeah and when else has there been a clock prominently counting down to something in a project moon game

e: goddamn this chapter we had a good main villain and writing

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 16, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Google Jeb Bush posted:

response to yinlock, ch4 ending stuff more or less yeah and when else has there been a clock prominently counting down to something in a project moon game

Vergil: Alright Gregor when the manager hits noon a magical bean will turn everyone but you into a monster. I'm gonna need you to pray to this giant skull when that happens. Shut the gently caress up this is important

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
An interesting thing about Dante's (end of chapter 4) clock hands moving is that the representation of the Mark of Cain that the game seems to be referencing with Sinclair and Demian has the "arms" at a right angle, with the two dots in-between. Wonder if that means the similarity of Dante's clock to the Mark was just a coincidence or whether it has a meaning, the same way N Sinclair losing a dot from the Mark seems to have a meaning.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
man chapter 4 was a completely higher level. did not care about yi sang for most of the game until this and i teared up at the end there

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Yinlock posted:

I thought she was still following the script at that point.

Also Dongrang murdering that cow was such a spiteful dick move, my dude you really need to stop immediately murdering anything that makes you upset

I'm pretty sure they were off the script at that point as Dongrang pointed out. Admittedly, Outis does have a pretty selfish reason to go "That kid you abandoned 10 years ago totally remembers you and loves you" :v:

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
So I finally got some fun options, no WAW but a couple of manageable ALEPH. The thing I am hitting is The Silent Orchestra has a very expensive weapon to unlock, but only looks to deal 4-5 WHITE at Fast/Medium with no special which feels pretty lackluster when I compare to the HE White Queen who gives me 3 quantity of 6-12 WHITE at Fast/Medium (plus a slow). I know that ALEPH weapons will hit harder, so for a WAW enemy it will hit for 1.0 instead of .8, but that only puts the comparison to 4-5 vs 4-9, so the HE weapon is still the better one. Is there something I am missing here? It feels like I should just pick up their incredible armor which is half the cost and not bother with the risk/grind to get the weapon.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Ingenium posted:

So I finally got some fun options, no WAW but a couple of manageable ALEPH. The thing I am hitting is The Silent Orchestra has a very expensive weapon to unlock, but only looks to deal 4-5 WHITE at Fast/Medium with no special which feels pretty lackluster when I compare to the HE White Queen who gives me 3 quantity of 6-12 WHITE at Fast/Medium (plus a slow). I know that ALEPH weapons will hit harder, so for a WAW enemy it will hit for 1.0 instead of .8, but that only puts the comparison to 4-5 vs 4-9, so the HE weapon is still the better one. Is there something I am missing here? It feels like I should just pick up their incredible armor which is half the cost and not bother with the risk/grind to get the weapon.
To quote TQ, with the name of an Abnormality removed for spoilers:

Lobcorp Letsplay posted:

It is unfortunate, then, that the suit is garbage. The employees tell me they think it looks sharp-they even like the monocle. I could never truly agree… It reminds me of a very pushy old friend, one who I would rather not speak with. As for the weapon… it is incredibly powerful. The scythe attacks quickly, hits multiple times per attack, and is the third-highest among all the ALEPH gear we've ever extracted in terms of damage output… lagging behind Twilight, obviously, and... [golden girl]? Is this right?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Ingenium posted:

To expand a bit about the thing GilliamYaeger is talking about, a lot of weapons, especially higher rank ones (ie. WAW and ALEPH) have special attacks or animations that are not mentioned anywhere and completely change the actual damage the weapon does, so the damage stats that are showing up in the menu are often misleading at best and just straight up wrong at worst.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 16, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Google Jeb Bush posted:

Well, Carmen certainly does embody that one. Being a dark messiah and everything. I wonder if they are connected to Adam of all things.

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 16, 2023

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

GilliamYaeger posted:

To quote TQ, with the name of an Abnormality removed for spoilers:

I also wanna disagree with TQ on the suit. Yeah, the suit has a weakness to pale which kinda sucks, but how many pale threats actually exist that you need to tank? And even then, just use a different agent for those threats.

And especially in terms of someone who doesn't really have a lot of Waw or Aleph equipment, that suit is excellent.

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
So if I'm understanding this "ideality" system they added a few weeks ago to the extractions correctly, you need 200 failed pulls to actually get the character on the banner, right?

If I continue my streak of bad luck, I would come close enough to that threshold that I would be tempted to buy lunacy to reach it. Is that the system working as intended?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

posadas posted:

So if I'm understanding this "ideality" system they added a few weeks ago to the extractions correctly, you need 200 failed pulls to actually get the character on the banner, right?

If I continue my streak of bad luck, I would come close enough to that threshold that I would be tempted to buy lunacy to reach it. Is that the system working as intended?

Probably.

If you don't spend Ideality, you can get Thread out of it.

Also I believe Ideality accumulates with any pull, not just failed ones. But that may be me.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

posadas posted:

I think that's how it works. Fortunately, if you don't use the ideality, you get it as thread once the option is gone.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.

Arzaac posted:

I also wanna disagree with TQ on the suit. Yeah, the suit has a weakness to pale which kinda sucks, but how many pale threats actually exist that you need to tank? And even then, just use a different agent for those threats.

And especially in terms of someone who doesn't really have a lot of Waw or Aleph equipment, that suit is excellent.

Honestly very hyped for the suit, I also have Nothing There and would love the protection as even with my best guy there is still danger there. Thanks for the info on the weapon, looks like I will be working on getting that! Honestly he is not too bad, if I evacuate the full center I can have the concerts occur over and over without issue other than needing to do it early as it removes my energy.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Yinlock posted:

Vergil: Alright Gregor when the manager hits noon a magical bean will turn everyone but you into a monster. I'm gonna need you to pray to this giant skull when that happens. Shut the gently caress up this is important

Consider the order of Cantos, wouldn't Faust be the Heretic?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Ingenium posted:

Honestly very hyped for the suit, I also have Nothing There and would love the protection as even with my best guy there is still danger there. Thanks for the info on the weapon, looks like I will be working on getting that! Honestly he is not too bad, if I evacuate the full center I can have the concerts occur over and over without issue other than needing to do it early as it removes my energy.
Here's a tip shared by TQ right after the gear review: If you pre-position your dudes and hover your mouse over the middle of the room where it spawns you can actually attack Silent Orchestra while the curtains are still drawn and kill it before it even starts the concert.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Consider the order of Cantos, wouldn't Faust be the Heretic?

iirc Gregor is Sinner #13 on the list though

also Faust would probably understand so it's funnier if it's Gregor

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

sirs, do not be mean

KobunFan posted:

Well, Carmen certainly does embody that one. Being a dark messiah and everything. I wonder if they are connected to Adam of all things.

ngl my current crackpot theory is that the Heaven third act we all know is coming is going to be basically the Lob Corp Bad End, up to and including White Night and its Apostles durdling around wondering why everybody else did most of the apocalypse for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

sirs, do not be mean

posadas posted:

quackles already said but you also get one "free" thread per pull on those temporary banners, basically, which isn't much but it's something

realistically you're going to get the thing you're looking for, even if it's an ego, waaaaaay before 200 pulls, but if there's an absolute must have (and you have 200 pulls) you'll get there