Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

For anyone like me who has been avoiding first hand accounts of the atrocities being committed in Gaza, this episode 844 is a difficult listen. I’m definitely not going to be able to watch this documentary.

Ended up sobbing on my way to work this morning, lots of violence against families and children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

The_Rob posted:

Nah you’re wrong.

Look I recognize fighting over opinions about media can't be conclusive, but I think the sweet smell of success is a far more engaging film from the 1950s then the night of the hunter

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

Look I recognize fighting over opinions about media can't be conclusive,

in this instance it can actually

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

One of the main reasons Israelis love psychedelic trance is because massive amounts of LSD and dissociative music helps them forget being personally and directly responsible for crimes against humanity (mostly as members of the IOF). They especially like to do this right next to Gaza. 🤔

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

Yeah I mean the Nazis made a more efficient, detached way of killing Jews because shooting them bummed them out. Can't let that nagging humanity get in the way of your state project.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I really hope history remember Israel
i don’t

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Chris really nailed the vibe of being in your 20s in a big city and feeling that there is always some kind of awesome fun time happening behind the door somewhere in the city that you are just missing out on. Chris rocks, don't care what other people have to say.

Time to rewatch Repo Man, its been drat near 20 years for me.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Mike N Eich posted:

Time to rewatch Repo Man, its been drat near 20 years for me.

Repo! The Genetic Opera only came out like 16 years ago.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

Look I recognize fighting over opinions about media can't be conclusive, but I think the sweet smell of success is a far more engaging film from the 1950s then the night of the hunter

Sweet smell of success is great too. Night of the Hunter is legitimately an incredible film though.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

One of the main reasons Israelis love psychedelic trance is because massive amounts of LSD and dissociative music helps them forget being personally and directly responsible for crimes against humanity (mostly as members of the IOF). They especially like to do this right next to Gaza. 🤔

I dunno about you but i can’t take LSD anymore because it causes me to focus specifically on all of the decisions I’ve ever made that in any way harmed people. And I’m not even responsible for any genocides

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Crazy how Will blasts out a hard-R in the latest ep

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Rah-ther is his hard R

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh man I'm a sucker for "person has a hosed up night in a city" movies. Even goofy ones like Adventures in Babysitting and Judgement Night.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/trueanonpod/status/1806016239896015072?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
This episode of MM was good. A combination of Chris and not ridiculously pretentious movies is the key perhaps.

Hesse's insights are mostly "and then this thing happened and I thought it was hilarious", she should do a DVD commentary with Schwarzenegger

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
hesse channeling stav and cackling throughout the entire episode

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Failed Imagineer posted:

Hesse's insights are mostly "and then this thing happened and I thought it was hilarious", she should do a DVD commentary with Schwarzenegger

She gets so excited about funny little details, it’s endearing and I love hearing about how she’s going to make the second most evil person in the movie into an icon.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 47 minutes!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh man I'm a sucker for "person has a hosed up night in a city" movies. Even goofy ones like Adventures in Babysitting and Judgement Night.

you absolutely gotta check out After Hours.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Surprisingly little reference to Beau Is Afraid or the works of the Safdie Brothers

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 47 minutes!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Surprisingly little reference to Beau Is Afraid or the works of the Safdie Brothers

After Hours / Beau Is Afraid double feature would need to have like a relaxation and debriefing zone on the way out. an intermission with paper bags to hyperventilate into and xanax.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Woof. I’ve never had to turn off an episode before but the one with the Gaza documentary going into detail about the little girls shot up by a tank crying for help just hosed me up too much.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://boxd.it/1BYL5X

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

Lmao it’s true tho.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

... how many battalions do they even have over there? That seems high, but to be fair I'm not a military person.

Scholtz posted:

It doesn't take that much to be a major-general in today's day and age. You just have to know a lot about history, math, animals, and tactics. The hardest part of the job is probably all the rhyming.

I just want you to know that I see you and appreciate you. :golfclap:

TenementFunster posted:

happy pride if you get this joke

Ooh, toxic masculinity jokes! Keep going! :hurr:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you absolutely gotta check out After Hours.

It owned. Perfect ending.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Rexicon1 posted:

Woof. I’ve never had to turn off an episode before but the one with the Gaza documentary going into detail about the little girls shot up by a tank crying for help just hosed me up too much.

Yeah, I definitely started ugly sobbing while listening to this one. I'm glad they did the interview though.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Joe Biden is hosed.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

shut the gently caress up, rear end in a top hat

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Joe Biden is hosed.

yeah this pretty well answers if debates matter or not. This is the end of Biden's campaign

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Aren't you the guy too stupid for the red scare thread?

Think you might just being dumb as hell. Sorry OP

Gripweed posted:

yeah this pretty well answers if debates matter or not. This is the end of Biden's campaign

They don't and he's still gonna win somehow.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

angry joe tonight lol he's acting like he's tattling to the recess teacher

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

This is democracy manifest, gentlemen.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Debates do not matter. He was mostly a zombie in the 2020 ones as well and Hillary won the 2016 debates.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Aren't you the guy too stupid for the red scare thread?

Really stupid gay guys don't get enough representation. They're not all witty, folks!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Groovelord Neato posted:

Debates do not matter. He was mostly a zombie in the 2020 ones as well and Hillary won the 2016 debates.
It may not matter in the end but it's sure not helping

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Debates don't matter but a president who can barely speak absolutely will.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i am giving you all permission to love yourselves and turn this poo poo off forever

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Joe Biden is hosed.

By the Mujahideen?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
It's rare I fully disagree with the dry boys but listening to the recent movie mindset and after hours is like the worst scorsese movie? Like it's a straight comedy that's significantly less funny than goodfellas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Oh and I guess the debate is happening :rolleyes: