Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm really sorry, BlindSite. I've lost all my grandparents now, I was never able to be particularly close to them due to geographic distance, but the ones I got to spend a decent amount of time with (actually four step-grandparents) were all good people and I still miss them all the time, even ten, fifteen years after they passed. One thing I've noticed is that my parents have certain ways they take after their parents, and a little of that has rubbed off on me and my siblings, and I like that in that way there's little idiosyncracies and phrases and sometimes just a particular expression, the way my grandpa raised an eyebrow that my stepdad did and I do to now, that just sort of carry on. A little of him is in my brain, still being wry.

I bet the same is true of you too.

Anyway I came in here to post something entirely unrelated: The Draw Play has a Too Much Mustard! A new one!
https://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/too-much-mustard-by-rob-press-getting-andy-back/

Folks who attended tuesday night jackbox a week ago might recognize there was an influence on one of Toaster Beef's panels, heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Sorry to hear about your grandpa, blindsite. Sounds like a solid dude.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Andrew Yang does not understand food

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1357357645229940739?s=19

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

There looks to be chicken, and a broth of some sort. That meets the minimum to be considered chicken soup. Note there was no mention of any starch like "rice" or "noodles." :goonsay:

Somewhat related: fired up the Solo Stoce tonight and realized I needed to eat dinner, so…

Modern problems require ancient solutions.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I’ll own having posted many badly lit halfassed and mediocre food pics, but I’m not some Silicon Valley wannabe-politician tech lord who can afford a legit gourmet meal and a social media advisor to tell me better, I’m some dumb everyday schmo. Why, you stupid robot jackass, just why?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Little late, but sorry about your grandpa, BlindSite. My last grandpa is 98 and despite having seemingly great health (all things considered for someone 98), his mind really isn't there anymore, so cherish the memories.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1357540507598004224

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Paint Crop Pro posted:

I rule this thread too horny.

*clack clack*

Paint Crop Pro clackin'
But he ain't usin' hands

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thanks again everyone. Helps so much

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Thanks again everyone. Helps so much

my condolences dude :smith: I'm glad your family could join and you can support them now. The stories you posted were good too. I've lost three of my four grandparents...it's never easy.

done with work for the week, and now looking forward to....a weekend with some house search. I'm *this* close to stopping for the moment - tl;dr we're going to get hosed by loans until I can get permanent residence, which I can get started applying for from now but will take about 6 months to get a response on. I'm confident I'll get it but will absolutely not count that as a given yet.

buying property overseas...how loving dumb can I be.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Android Apocalypse posted:

There looks to be chicken, and a broth of some sort. That meets the minimum to be considered chicken soup. Note there was no mention of any starch like "rice" or "noodles." :goonsay:

Somewhat related: fired up the Solo Stoce tonight and realized I needed to eat dinner, so…

Modern problems require ancient solutions.

What is that and why don't I have one

Sorry to hear, blindsite.

In sadly related news, found out last night wifes grandfather has covid. He has some pretty aggressive cancer and is going through chemo, so I'm really not loving hopeful and this is going to absolutely destroy my wife and quite honestly probably rip that whole side of her family apart as her grandparents are essentially what holds it together. Hell, they're the only reason we moved back to FL. They basically raised her until her teen years as her parents are dogshit.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Condolences Blindsite. I’ve lost all my grandparents now and it’s never easy, but just less tough when it’s prepared for and no one is in pain.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Just 2 min of Tom Brady reading aloud the poo poo people say about him on Twitter and it's beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QFFAHTWtiM

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I love when I start having a loving anxiety attack 30 minutes into work, and I can’t loving just stop working cause it’s over the new bullshit attendance policy and I get to be in meetings to point out how full of holes it is. Can’t excuse absences with doctors notes anymore. Working from home and internet is out for the whole city? Your fault, comes out of your now rather limited unpaid time off. Ugh.

Also, sorry to hear about your grandfather, BlindSite. I went through the exact same stuff last July and really all I can say in brief is it sucks. Is your grandmother still around too, or is it just their kids?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Braksgirl posted:

Just 2 min of Tom Brady reading aloud the poo poo people say about him on Twitter and it's beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QFFAHTWtiM

oh good he got my tweet

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Does anyone in here make vegetable/fruit smoothies? My roommate got a magic bullet for Xmas and said we are free to use it. I made a spinach/apple/ginger/oats one this morning that was pretty good, and a cucumber/kale/celery/lemon one last night that wasn't.

Only catch is I don't like bananas and those seem to be in every recipe.

Real talk:
Sorry to hear about your Grandfather BS :smith:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sorry about your Grandpa Blindsite.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kalli posted:

Sorry about your Grandpa Blindsite.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hey, if you need to take your mind off things:

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1357707986630754305

https://twitter.com/existentialfish/status/1357709283727704073

Kalli fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 5, 2021

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Does anyone in here make vegetable/fruit smoothies? My roommate got a magic bullet for Xmas and said we are free to use it. I made a spinach/apple/ginger/oats one this morning that was pretty good, and a cucumber/kale/celery/lemon one last night that wasn't.

Only catch is I don't like bananas and those seem to be in every recipe.

In my opinion, banana are in smoothies for texture. If you have enough stronger flavors you don’t taste the banana. I do smoothies for my kids with frozen fruit, plain Greek yogurt, and honey. If you do frozen fruit you can skip the ice. There’s no way in hell my kids would drink a smoothie with greens in it so we just stick to mainly frozen berries and pineapple.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I started looking up the MAC addresses in the PDF and so far none of them show up in a MAC address database

I was just curious how much effort they put into the fraud. surprise, they couldn't even bother googling some legit MAC addresses

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

In my opinion, banana are in smoothies for texture. If you have enough stronger flavors you don’t taste the banana. I do smoothies for my kids with frozen fruit, plain Greek yogurt, and honey. If you do frozen fruit you can skip the ice. There’s no way in hell my kids would drink a smoothie with greens in it so we just stick to mainly frozen berries and pineapple.

Frozen fruit and some chocolate protein powder is now my go to desert.

A+ recipe.

I guess I'm at a point where I want to get more fruits and veggies so I'm gonna keep trying and figure out what works.

Generally I like almost any veggies so I'm hopeful.

Worst case I guess I've gotta slam them down. Maybe I'll try some bananas if I'm having a texture problem. Thanks for the tip!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I get violently ill if I even smell a banana. Drives me nuts that so many yogurts and smoothies are strawberry-banana, because I love strawberries and I'd straight up murder someone for a strawberry milkshake right now.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Woke up to this in my inbox today:

Please leave your fetishes out of my advertising thanks

Also gonna have a slice of fresh banana bread for breakfast in honor of all of the banana haters.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

I've seen a lot of people making fun of this, and the "chicken soup" label is dubious, but it's not like I'd push the bowl away if somebody put it in front of me. It looks pretty good.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
https://twitter.com/MikeTaddow/status/1357402511758475266?s=19

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Attn: fans of Gritty

https://youtu.be/0-n36vY2miM

https://twitter.com/GrittyNHL/status/1357175744988934145?s=19

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

iwentdoodie posted:

What is that and why don't I have one

Sorry for the typo that's a Solo Stove Bonfire I got for Christmas from my former temporary roommates. Over the holidays I have some folks stay at my place and they mentioned they had a small outdoor fire pit that they had in storage. I got all excited to get to hang out with it when it was cold but alas their fire pit was all rusted out. Then surprise surprise they & some other friends got me one for Christmas. :neckbeard:

I threw on another piece of wood to balance the pot but if you want one for cooking they do make a grill. Either way it's using some crazy science that does reduce smoke output. I did have to let it burn out completely before putting it away but it cooled off quickly.

Unrelated, condolences to you Blindsite & hope your grandpa gets better, iwentdoodie.

I'm going to start the smoke of my brisket tonight (not with my Solo Stove), then let it sous vide all day tomorrow before giving a final reheat smoke on Sunday. If I time it right it should be ready by kickoff.

EDIT: regarding bananas in smoothies, it's actually one the only ways I eat bananas. I am a health dork though so my smoothies have baby kale/greens, lactose-free milk, some seasonal berries, and unflavored/vanilla protein powder. I haven't had smoothies in forever though as my workout regimen switched from gainz to cutting.

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 5, 2021

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
TIL Gritty has a belly button.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Does anyone in here make vegetable/fruit smoothies?

I do a smoothie every morning for breakfast: kale or spinach, protein powder, frozen berries or a tropical mix, banana, avocado and/or peanut butter, and milk.

I'm wondering if you could sub avocado for the banana texture. Either way, I wholly recommend using avocados in your smoothies.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

General Dog posted:

I've seen a lot of people making fun of this, and the "chicken soup" label is dubious, but it's not like I'd push the bowl away if somebody put it in front of me. It looks pretty good.

It looks like poo poo

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Dango Bango posted:

I'm wondering if you could sub avocado for the banana texture. Either way, I wholly recommend using avocados in your smoothies.

I was just coming to suggest this. Avocado would get you the same texture, probably. I'm the opposite of everyone here in that I love bananas, but avocados taste like wet grass to me, unless they're made into guac.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Spoeank posted:

It looks like poo poo

It looks like a piece of baked chicken laying in a broth; I don't see what there is not to like.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

It looks like poo poo

Im choosing to believe he spelunked all the other stuff so he could eat the chicken last.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

This is chicken soup I made out of a bunch of leftover stuff last week

What he has is a chunk of chicken he boiled in chicken broth

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Carrots are a patrician indulgence

Also I think the chicken would be paler if it were boiled.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Mesmerizing pro click

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

General Dog posted:

It looks like a piece of baked chicken laying in a broth; I don't see what there is not to like.
Cut it up more so it fits on a spoon instead of having to bring a fork a knife to a soup bowl.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Brown that poo poo in the pot first, get yourself a nice layer of fonde or whatever it's called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
It's been hilarious watching Yang take all his name recognition and outsider energy and comprehensively flush it down the toilet by pissing off every New Yorker in specific, individualized ways