Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Affi posted:

Well I am confused now.

I am in the wrong hex (my mech is the one with a white head) and there is a dude in mine but according to the start of round text i wasn’t blocked.

Truly, the Society tech wizardry knows no bounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Unless of course, PTN has a plot development of the Turkina Z escaping thru the water..............

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
Do downed tanks count as rough terrain? I know Mechs counting has come up a million times over the course of the thread of a quick forums search of "rough terrain" didn't really answer my question. If they do I might want to jump upwards as well since I'm in the back of the group and my running options aren't as good.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Leith Maclaine posted:

Unless of course, PTN has a plot development of the Turkina Z escaping thru the water..............

I am 100% okay with it never firing a shot and noping out via the puddle

Nullkigan
Jul 3, 2009
Is this Jaburo?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
This scenario is gonna get real spicy over the next turn or two. I'm quite excited!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Farseli posted:

Do downed tanks count as rough terrain? I know Mechs counting has come up a million times over the course of the thread of a quick forums search of "rough terrain" didn't really answer my question. If they do I might want to jump upwards as well since I'm in the back of the group and my running options aren't as good.

You can run to 1723 and shoot the caboose!

It's a perfect spot, nothing else can hit you from there.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.

Gwaihir posted:

You can run to 1723 and shoot the caboose!

It's a perfect spot, nothing else can hit you from there.

I suppose that works. No one else in the docs claimed that spot. I'll see what I want to do with my heat and weapons.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Fraction Jackson posted:

I am 100% okay with it never firing a shot and noping out via the puddle

Then everything isn't dead, see primary objective.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Nullkigan posted:

Is this Jaburo?

Yes.

Gotta stop that Gundam from activating.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Leith Maclaine posted:

Then everything isn't dead, see primary objective.

I mostly just think the image of it slowly submerging as it waddles its way out of the battle rather than doing anything to affect the board is funny.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Kill it dead. Definitely don't want to let it power up season after season and then next thing you know it is eating mechs with a spiky tail thing.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Can one make a mech that is over 9000 (BV)?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Can one make a mech that is over 9000 (BV)?

It's actually shockingly easy after adjusting for piloting skill.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Yes.

IT'S A TURKINA!

-clan mech explodes-

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright, my orders are in:
L3-RWA-X Legion #6 Nephilim-2 - Rabbit Warren Turn #4 - Orders
Jump 5 hexes to 1622 (lower) facing 1621. Fire rHeavy PPC and 2x AP Gauss at, in order of priority based on "is it still alive", the caboose in 1419; or if it's dead, the passenger car in 1618; or if it's dead, the cargo car in 1519. If they're all dead, fire the guns anyway at the wall or something, I need the heat.

From 1622 I'm unable to target the lead car of the train, and I am also blocked for all the guys in the left tunnel, but I should start next turn at 3 heat, and be in position to get really messed up by those incoming protomechs, so that should be fun.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I'll be a little bit late possibly. I like to have a chance to get out the map in a comfy chair and mark off hexes and draw orders out instead of trying to phone post it.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
orders in. taking a leisurely walk and shooting a train

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I already can't remember how I managed to do updates with only one monitor. This is so much nicer.

I don't have any ACE units, so you don't need to send contingency orders for "if a target moves into range." They can't. :shobon:

Edit: I knew this map would make diagramming interesting!

Double Edit: That is probably the only time I've ever seen critical hits cascade like that :psyduck:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 11, 2018

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

PoptartsNinja posted:

Double Edit: That is probably the only time I've ever seen critical hits cascade like that :psyduck:

these are my favorite posts always

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: I knew this map would make diagramming interesting!

This helps clarify things, thanks. It'd been too long since I'd seen it.

quote:

I simultaneously love and hate this.

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

Nullkigan posted:

Is this Jaburo?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Yes.

So, base self destruct. Keep your lines of retreat open.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

PoptartsNinja posted:

:f5:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Man this takes on a whole new level when it's your mech out there on the field with only a +2 move mod heh

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

I just keep reminding myself that if I blow up I become a new form of terror.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Looking forward to :battletech:! :f5:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Rabbit Warren Update 5

“They’re covered in UV markings,” Delphina mentally typed on the Legion’s cockpit keyboard. “A unit marking, and some sort of individual identifier.”

“That wasn’t the question,” Syd Colbert’s response was clearly annoyed. “What are they?”

“Ultra-light ‘Mechs of some kind,” if plain text could carry a doubtful accent, Abhishek Gross’s conveyed it. “Like the Colonization Corps’ Longstriders. Only much slower.”

“No cockpit,” Delphina pointed out. “They’re either drones, or piloted from the chest cavity. Could they possibly be extremely heavy powered armor? This is why you shouldn’t ask rhetorical questions, Nephilim-1. Not enough data available.”

“Right,” Syd two-lined. “We should just kill them.”

Movement Phase
Legion #2 (Player)
- Unable to enter hex 0819, insufficient MP: needs 10, has 9!

Legion #9 (Player)
- Unable to enter hex 0622, insufficient MP: Needs 9, has 8!

Shooting Phase
Legion #1 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Mithras #1 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 5): rolled 11, hit Right Side (0/14 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Vehicle destroyed!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #2 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Trevithick Caboose (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 7): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Trevithick Caboose (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Trevithick Caboose (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 9): rolled 9, hit Rear (41/44 armor remaining)!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #3 (Player)
- Mithras #1 already destroyed!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #4 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC, AP Gauss Rifle, and AP Gauss Rifle at nothing!
- Gains 27 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #5 (Player)
- Fires TSEMP at Trevithick Engine (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 5): rolled 7, rolled 10, target shuts down!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Trevithick Engine (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 5): rolled 6, hit Right Side (63/66 armor remaining)!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Trevithick Engine (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 5): rolled 7, hit Rear (49/52 armor remaining)! CfMSD!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #6 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Trevithick Caboose (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 5): rolled 10, hit Right Side (21/41 armor remaining)!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Trevithick Caboose (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 7): rolled 11, hit Turret (41/44 armor remaining)!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Trevithick Caboose (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 cybernetics = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Side (18/41 armor remaining)!
- Gains 27 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #7 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Trevithick Engine (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 5): rolled 6, hit Right Side (43/66 armor remaining)! CfMDS!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #8 (Player)
- Fires rHeavy PPC at Mad Dog E (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics = 5): rolled 6, hit Left Arm (1/16 armor remaining)!
- - Plasma arcs to Left Torso (11/16 armor remaining)!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #9 (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 24!

Legion #10 (Player)
- Fires Large R-e Laser at JagerMech IIC (2 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 cybernetics - 1 laser = 8): rolled 10, hit Right Arm (11/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at JagerMech IIC (2 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 1 cybernetics - 1 laser = 7): rolled 3, miss!

Legion #11 (Player)
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Trevithick Engine (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics - 1 R-e Laser = 4): rolled 7, hit Right Side (34/66 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Trevithick Engine (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics - 1 R-e Laser = 4): rolled 5, hit Right Side (25/66 armor remaining)!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Legion #12 (Player)
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Trevithick Caboose (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics - 1 laser = 4): rolled 5, hit Front (35/44 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Trevithick Caboose (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heat - 1 cybernetics - 1 laser = 4): rolled 8, hit Front (26/44 armor remaining)!

Hellbringer Z
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 32!

JagerMech IIC
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #10 (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #10 (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Ultra AC/5 (Ultra) at Legion #10 (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Ultra AC/5 (Ultra) at Legion #10 (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Gains 28 heat, sinks 28!

Mad Dog E
- Fires HAG-30 at Legion #8 (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires HAG-30 at Legion #8 (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 11, 18 pellets hit Left Torso (20/24 armor remaining), Right Leg (damage blocked), Right Torso (20/24 armor remaining), Center Torso (26/38 armor remaining)!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Mithras #1
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #2 (5 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 8):

Mithras #2
- Holds fire!

SM1 Tank Destroyer
- Holds fire!

Ares Medium Tank
- Holds fire!

Mithras #4
- Fires ER Large Laser at Legion #5 (5 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (16/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Legion #5 (5 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 6, miss!

Mithras #9
- Holds fire!

Mithras #10
- Holds fire!

Trevithick Caboose
- Fires Ultra AC/10 (Ultra) at Legion #11 (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Ultra AC/10 (Ultra) at Legion #11 (5 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!

End Phase:
Trevithick Engine
- Chance for Motive System Damage: Rolled 7, minor damage (+1 to driving tests)!
- Chance for Motive System Damage: Rolled 6, no damage sustained!

Trevithick Caboose
- Through-armor critical in Front: Rolled 6, Driver Hit! No driver to hit!
- - Driver Hit becomes Weapon Malfunction! No weapons to malfunction!
- - - Weapon Malfunction becomes Weapon Stabilizer Hit! No weapons to malfunction
- - - - Stabilizer Hit becomes Sensor Hit! No sensors to damage!
- - - - - Sensor hit becomes Commander Hit! No commander to Damage!
- - - - - - Commander Hit becomes Weapon Destroyed! No weapons to destroy!
- - - - - - - Weapon Destroyed becomes Crew Killed! Crew Killed!

Turn End Phase:
Trevithick Engine
- Shuts down!

Hellbringer Z
- Activates Clan Neural Implants!

Upper Level
Lower Ground Floor

Unless otherwise stated, all buildings are Heavy and rise 2 hexes above the underlying terrain

PTN’s Note: This should make things easier.

Player Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Cybernetic Implants The Legion is equipped with the Pain Shunt, Dermal Myomer Armor, Triple-Strength Myomer, Stimulant Injector, and Buffered Direct Neural Interface implants. As such they are immune to pilot hits, and when forced to eject their Sin BattleArmor count as a full squad for the purposes of Swarm and Leg attacks and deal one additional point of damage while making a swarm or leg attack.

Primary Objectives
- Kill Everyone and Everything (0/1)

Secondary Objectives
- Prevent the Enemy Land Train from Escaping (0/1)
- Prevent the Society from finishing the Turkina Z’s Repairs (5 turns remaining)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 11, 2018

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Oh no, we killed the guy in the caboose! Who will throw hobos from the train now?!

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Piss poor shooting on my part.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Anybody wanna TSM kick that train in the engine?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Legion #4 Here

How did the Mad Dog even have line of sight to me from where we were at the start of the round? Am I losing it?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Nope, going to TSM kick a protomech. I currently have 4 to choose from.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Affi posted:

How did the Mad Dog even have line of sight to me from where we were at the start of the round? Am I losing it?

It was shooting at #8, sorry.

I usually only have to think by lances.

It's been hell to remember which Sprites only jump 3, and which Boggarts only jump 5.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

PoptartsNinja posted:

It was shooting at #8, sorry.

Thank god. I thought I had lost it!

Other people:
Anyway so 0722 should give me shots on the hellbringer with decent cover (partial cover?) from him. But I won't put him down. 1625 should give me better odds and still partial cover (???) But it still won't bring him down I think.

Going melee full out gently caress you could work I guess?

I'm leaning towards jumping five to 1625 and shooting PPC and TSEMP. Closing in for a kick next round.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Nice hits, and I dodged all the caboose fire.

Does being shut down mean the train and traincars are all immobile targets this turn for the -4 to-hit bonus? Secondly, does 0 crew mean the caboose won't ever fire again and can be ignored for the rest of the scenario?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Yes

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Nice hits, and I dodged all the caboose fire.

Does being shut down mean the train and traincars are all immobile targets this turn for the -4 to-hit bonus? Secondly, does 0 crew mean the caboose won't ever fire again and can be ignored for the rest of the scenario?

Since it is shut down, you can also pound called shots in to it's right side to try and secure the kill and make sure the train isn't going anywhere.

Unfortunately... Holy fuuuuck there's so many other targets to shoot rofl.

I honestly have no idea what I'd do here. Moving in to the tunnel all the way for kicks seems really bad when the Osteon Prime and Hellbringer are sitting staring down the hall waiting for someone to step out, especially since there are plenty of things to blast without exposing yourselves to their fire. The Hellbringer's a G3 now so it's much more likely to hit, too.

I guess the important thing is to make sure the machines with TSM active take hexes 1521 and 1620 to deliver kicks at the protos, while someone else with TSM can jump to 1319 to try and take the Viper Z's leg off. (Definitely shoot at a different target though, the Viper has a big fat +4 move mod from jumping 8, and theres, well, a *shitload* of other stuff to shoot all around.)

One thing's for sure though, everyone needs to be in there shooting for all they're worth because there's so many units to put down rofl.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Gwaihir posted:

The Hellbringer's a G3 now so it's much more likely to hit, too.

But eats pilot hits every time he takes internal damage.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PTN, is it possible for me (#6) to jump in kind of an upwards corkscrew, going from my current position in 1622 (lower) three hexes through 1725 (lower + upper) and two more hexes to land in 1723 (upper)? From there, I could apply a Justice Foot to the head of the Jaegermech IIc in 1623!

Or really any of the other mechs in my immediate area could make that jump, if we're allowed to kind of twist through there. It's five hexes total, and I think it ascends 5 hexes as well, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

3 questions:

1) Can we be in the same hex at 2 protomechs
2) do destroyed vehicles count as rough?
3) it might come up next turn, can we just over enemy units in the tunnels or is there a height problem?

Thanks,

Leith

• Locked thread