Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

mutata posted:

I don't see why not to include studio lights and a camera. Seems a weird thing to get bent outta shape over.

This is the internet, I have to get angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ah, well. At least it's about Legos and not, like, minorities.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Borsche69 posted:

to your point about the cameras being in the golden girl set - if you dont have them, then you have a set that's just old ladies having breakfast or lunch in the kitchen. the characters dont really translate to minifigs that well, its not like vader or gimli. i guess the thought process is someone will look at it and go 'ohh cameras... so its a tv show... tv show with old women? oh golden girls'

which isn't the kind of effect a set should have imo. shouldnt have to lead people by the nose.

They included them in the Central Perk set and I thought it was a really nice touch. No idea if they have done it since with the other sitcom sets, I don't think they have.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mutata posted:

Ah, well. At least it's about Legos and not, like, minorities.

You ever notice how like five percent of the bricks make up 90% of the sets?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
I hate ET on moral and spiritual grounds but the light brick as his fingertip is a cute idea.

I like the Beetlejuice house but if it succeeds they should replace Miss Argentina and the hunter with the Deetzes + Otho.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

SkeletonHero posted:

I hate ET on moral and spiritual grounds but the light brick as his fingertip is a cute idea.
lol wut tell me more

quote:

I like the Beetlejuice house but if it succeeds they should replace Miss Argentina and the hunter with the Deetzes + Otho.
Jeffrey Jones, who played Charles Deetz, is a pedo. Dunno if that would fly with Lego, the studio, licenses etc.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:killing:
Man gently caress him then. Maybe they can explicitly make it the Broadway cast instead.

deoju posted:

lol wut tell me more

In the movie ET, the titular ET (the Extra-Terrestrial) has a light-up finger. They simulated this by putting a light brick on the model.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I meant this part.

quote:

I hate ET on moral and spiritual grounds

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How could anyone hate ET, it spawned a bunch of knockoffs and yielded to us all a kid in a wheelchair getting flung off a cliff.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Calm down Paul Rudd

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

deoju posted:

I meant this part.

The explanation remains the same.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Me and my friends would've killed E.T. with hammers I can tell you that much.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Me and my friends would've killed E.T. with hammers I can tell you that much.

Your childhood garage needed more machetes

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Not being of this earth, E.T. was born without the grace of God

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

Not being of this earth, E.T. was born without the grace of God

You can tell.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

I'm interested in Barad-dur as a 40th present to myself - do you all anticipate this is going to be a popular set that sells out?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It might be scarce early on but it's a pretty big set with a big license so if you can wait a little while it'll be rotting on store shelves for most of the next few years.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:
Do sets like lion knights castle, rivendell, and barad dur ever go on sale?

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Shaking lemur butt posted:

Do sets like lion knights castle, rivendell, and barad dur ever go on sale?

Knights castle was on sale during Black Friday for about 25% off in the US, from 400$ to 300$. Same with the big Loop Coaster.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Loop coaster was hundreds off. I assume they couldn't give them away but came close on LEGO dot com and insider promos

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Anyone know the gwp for June 1? I saw there's a Hobbit one but I think that's just if you buy the sauron tower

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Fel Beast for the big ole tower is the only one I've seen. There might not be anything.

Speaking of leaks, I haven't seen anything on a new fairground/amusement park ride. They had been doing them every other year. I guess there is still time to hear about one. Not sure what they would do, though. Maybe another spinning type thing.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The next Micro Ninjago set was supposed to be out in June but who knows.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The next Micro Ninjago set was supposed to be out in June but who knows.

Those aren't GWP, though.

Gotta buy em. Kinda suck.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Did the space diner arrive yet?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's been out for over a week. Oddly, the day it came out, there were two small GWP that sold out immediately. Polybags that will probably be on sale at Target soon. Very strange. Diner is still up for $100.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Should also be another micro store soon too I think?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Edit: nvm. Probably not as interesting as I thought

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Well, now I'm interested.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Waltzing Along posted:

Well, now I'm interested.

Fine, but you asked for it.

I was trying to find info on the Beeg Tecnic Car this summer and I ran across the thing that said there will be a Tecnic aquatic vehicle, only the second one.

See?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Gonna have to speed up my Orient Express build.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Throw out that ugly rocket and put a nice looking saturn v on that launchpad.

(are the scales of the build even remotely close enough to do that?)

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

xzzy posted:

No, the Saturn V dwarfs it.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Woah. The launch pad looks like a tedious build, but overall looks pretty cool.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The stickers have kept me off it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

xzzy posted:

There are Chinese MOC sets you can buy that are a 1:1 launchpad and tower match for the Saturn V. I'd imagine they're miserable builds.

HootTheOwl posted:

The stickers have kept me off it.

Yeah, this is the first space set I'm waiting for a sale on, or for it to be retired early.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
hell yes there's a rumor that the simpsons is returning. maybe krusty burger?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Sunk Dunk posted:

hell yes there's a rumor that the simpsons is returning. maybe krusty burger?

The rumor I saw is that it's going to be in the style of the sitcom sets and is a "detailed" set of the Simpsons living room from the couch gag, including swappable tiles for the TV to choose what they are watching. Also, supposedly, standard heads rather than molded ones.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

PriorMarcus posted:

The rumor I saw is that it's going to be in the style of the sitcom sets and is a "detailed" set of the Simpsons living room from the couch gag, including swappable tiles for the TV to choose what they are watching. Also, supposedly, standard heads rather than molded ones.

dang im much less interested in something like that but will still probably buy because simpsons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Sunk Dunk posted:

dang im much less interested in something like that but will still probably buy because simpsons

I got The Simpsons house because of the license, but the Kwik-E-Mart because it was just a great starting point for a mini-mart build, I'd buy another big set for the same reason.

The house is enough for me to fill that Simpson's itch, so a smaller set like that wouldn't interest me.

So I'm pretty much the opposite of you. :(

EDIT: Maybe is the updated Maggie was better sized I'd consider it.