Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Digital_Jesus posted:

Well if you change your mind mine hasn't been modded at all :)

I really just want a V8 now :(

I'm looking at GT350s in my area. Help :shepicide:

16 or 15? Color? Mileage? Location in us? Just in case :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

'15 in Race Red, 4980 miles as of pulling in the garage today. NY. Extended warranty up to 70k that can be transferred too.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
If you get a gt350 I'm going to come pay you a visit.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Digital_Jesus posted:

'15 in Race Red, 4980 miles as of pulling in the garage today. NY. Extended warranty up to 70k that can be transferred too.

Ahhh in Ohio so might be hard even if I wanted too. Pretty dead set on a 16 in dib right now too haha. Good luck on getting that gt though, I'll be super jealous if you get one.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Buhbuhj posted:

If you get a gt350 I'm going to come pay you a visit.

I'll put on some brisket.

Crazy Pigeon posted:

Ahhh in Ohio so might be hard even if I wanted too. Pretty dead set on a 16 in dib right now too haha. Good luck on getting that gt though, I'll be super jealous if you get one.

I used to live in Cleveland. I feel your pain. Ohio is only a 2.5 hour drive though yo.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Digital_Jesus posted:

I used to live in Cleveland. I feel your pain. Ohio is only a 2.5 hour drive though yo.

I was wondering how the hell are you driving that fast to Columbus from NYC but I'm guessing you meant Cleveland to Buffalo or something haha.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Yeah, i'm west side of the state. columbus is like 5 hours. I used to live in marion when I was a kid :(

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Teaser from the Subaru shop.

World Rally Blue, mixed with purple pearl and grey metallic. Probably not many similar paintjobs out there.

Asian Babe Lover
Sep 11, 2001

i'd be a big black bear bears are strong me to
The car I ordered back in July finally came in:

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Asian Babe Lover posted:

:fap::gizz::fap:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Vahakyla posted:

Different tastes and all, but I've never gotten the urge to get a new car. I can understand in the way of getting exactly the right combo of colors, options, engines and such, but if the right thing is out there as a used, it's just the same poo poo except better because it's cheaper.

I mean, each to his own. I guess it's like any other car thing.
I wanted a new car, and I wanted to get the options I wanted and skip the other crap, and I wanted a 2015 which meant finding a used one was gonna be a crapshoot. So I ordered a 2016 and got a day 1 of 2016 production. And here comes ford moving up 2017 production dates just to rain on my "I've got a current MY car" parade. :(

Asian Babe Lover posted:

Well said.

e: first GT350 confirmed on the spreadsheet.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 14, 2016

Asian Babe Lover
Sep 11, 2001

My only complaint is that the clutch feel sucks, but I am going to pull the spring out and hopefully that will fix it.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

That's the same issue with every modern pony.

Pull that spring and never look back.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

Asian Babe Lover posted:

Congrats, these are so sexy... hopefully you didn't have to pay too much over sticker :xd:

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Vahakyla posted:

Teaser from the Subaru shop.

World Rally Blue, mixed with purple pearl and grey metallic. Probably not many similar paintjobs out there.

Sounds like Sonic Blue, the best Ford color. Mine looks purple in some light.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Whelp every single GT350 in my area got ordered with the technology package for some weird rear end reason. Looks like I'm better off waiting and just ordering a 2017.
:rip:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Digital_Jesus posted:

Whelp every single GT350 in my area got ordered with the technology package for some weird rear end reason. Looks like I'm better off waiting and just ordering a 2017.

Almost 100% of all GT350s across the country were ordered with the tech pack. There's something stupid small like 100? 200? total that were ordered base. Probably why they just made most of the tech pack the new base for 2017.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
What's wrong with the tech package?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Captain Apollo posted:

You can't combine the tech package with the track package options for 2015/2016.

Starting in 2017 you can.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
From the garage where it was painted I went to the race shop to dyno it before I got home.

300 horses, exact.

World Rally Blue with pearl and metallic.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Mods rename this thread to Clean New Edge Owners Club.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
That color is rad, really pops in the sunlight.

What did you do to get 300hp? Don't have to go too into detail, just generally.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

That color is rad, really pops in the sunlight.

What did you do to get 300hp? Don't have to go too into detail, just generally.

Im guessing CAMs

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Vahakyla posted:

From the garage where it was painted I went to the race shop to dyno it before I got home.

300 horses, exact.

World Rally Blue with pearl and metallic.

Nice. How much torque?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Krakkles posted:

Nice. How much torque?

335 pound feet.

Cams, intake manifold and cold air intake. There's something else, too, but I bought this as a mystery box and my knowledge is stilllimited.

A friend suggested a Subaru-style side decaling with neon yellow stars and crescents.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 15, 2016

Asian Babe Lover
Sep 11, 2001

ArthurDent posted:

Congrats, these are so sexy... hopefully you didn't have to pay too much over sticker :xd:

Thanks. I paid $1K over MSRP, which I feel comfortable with.

Digital_Jesus posted:

The 2017s will probably be better anyway, provided they don't jack MSRP up considerably. You might want to start calling around already because dealers who paid the money up front to get in the program were guaranteed a '16 and a '17 allocation, so there are probably dealers who would be willing to hold one for you with a deposit.

Captain Apollo posted:

No Recaros was the reason I didn't even consider it when I ordered mine. I went with the track pack because I wanted the magnetorheological dampers.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Pretty sure the 2016 models have the magnarides and stiff springs even with the Tech package, but they lose out on the extra fluid coolers and a few other bits n bobs.

I think the 2017s are gonna be the better option though assuming 1) I dont get a raging desire to say gently caress it and just get one with the tech package (cause I'm a whore that wants my sync3 poo poo) and 2) they don't jack them up $10k for 2017.

Asian Babe Lover
Sep 11, 2001

The 2016 tech package has mag ride, but different front springs, no transmission or rear diff coolers, leather seats instead of the microsuede Recaros, a weird vestigial rear spoiler, Sync 3 with a larger touchscreen, and toggle switches instead of steering wheel buttons for driver mode selection. The base has no mag ride. I wanted mag ride and Recaros, so that is why I went with the track pack over the base or tech. The 2017 is absolutely going to be the better option if you care about Sync3 or combining packages or the new colors.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Been driving around with my Michelin A / S 3's. I just replaced my stock pirellis. 245/45r19

As a guy new to the fast car world, I had no idea how much a difference tires would make. On the pirellis, my tires would constantly squeak when going over bumps in the road. In fact, I had previously thought it was my control arms. I have the LCAs replaced a couple times over the years hoping it would fix the problem.

When I put the new tires on, the ride instantly became great, the squeaks disappeared, and the road noise significantly lessened. I can't remember the mustang performing so well as it has the last couple of days.

I know everybody else knows this, but I thought I might post up how much I love the tires (done wet and dry so far, both superb), and how dumb I felt after realizing that tires can make a huge difference.

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.

Captain Apollo posted:

Been driving around with my Michelin A / S 3's. I just replaced my stock pirellis. 245/45r19

As a guy new to the fast car world, I had no idea how much a difference tires would make. On the pirellis, my tires would constantly squeak when going over bumps in the road. In fact, I had previously thought it was my control arms. I have the LCAs replaced a couple times over the years hoping it would fix the problem.

When I put the new tires on, the ride instantly became great, the squeaks disappeared, and the road noise significantly lessened. I can't remember the mustang performing so well as it has the last couple of days.

I know everybody else knows this, but I thought I might post up how much I love the tires (done wet and dry so far, both superb), and how dumb I felt after realizing that tires can make a huge difference.

One thing I have to remind myself whenever I swap a set of tires is that not only am I possibly changing brand/design/compound, but also switching from a worn tire to a brand new one. That said, Michelin makes a great tire!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Whenever my wheels finally show up I'll have some nice super sports to try out. I'm pretty hype about it because the stock Eagle F1s are really weird about when they want to give me good traction and I just want a solid summer tire instead.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Buhbuhj posted:

Whenever my wheels finally show up I'll have some nice super sports to try out. I'm pretty hype about it because the stock Eagle F1s are really weird about when they want to give me good traction and I just want a solid summer tire instead.

My Super Sports have been great; I don't daily drive, but I haven't had any issues during the ten months I've been using them. I've only made them squeak once when panic-braking.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Buhbuhj posted:

I keep considering selling my stockers for a set of super sports. Would be nice to get the extra traction. Tires are about $800, wonder what I'd get for my stockers. They only have about 2.6k miles on them right now.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I held on to my wheels for years after I got a new set. That is when the new Bullitt style wheels came out in 01 and all the other stangs had the 5 spoke looking wheels.
Sell them now before more people start selling their stock wheels and your wheels depreciate.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Little late to the party, but here's mine all cleaned up.

Don't know why the images came out in weird sizes, took both with my phone at the same time. :shrug:

Dinurth fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 16, 2016

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Did someone shoot a bb at your headlights? You need to get a new set, such an easy way to make your mustang look a lot better.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Cage posted:

Did someone shoot a bb at your headlights? You need to get a new set, such an easy way to make your mustang look a lot better.

They are just crazy foggy and peeling. Desperately need to get a new set.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Not that it matters, but am I not looking at a one inch hole in your driver side headlight?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I think it's just peeling there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Also replacement headlights are a great way to make the car look better for less than 80 bux.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002M4C9O2?keywords=mustang%20headlights&qid=1458165809&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 16, 2016