Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Shei-kun posted:

Well, there DOES have to be a victory involved, and "throwing demons at it until it works" is not exactly the sanest method of dealing with a problem, even for wizards.

Remember, there's still the first option of "SUPER CLUSTERFUCK BETRAYAL AHOY!" to go with if you don't like this one. And we do have two others to try, I think.
I hope one of them is the charge of the bunny brigade.

And yes, this particular ending wasn't so great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Pickled Tink posted:

And yes, this particular ending wasn't so great.

It was fun to watch, in respect to seeing Syv's growth in power to be able to take on anything the realms chuck in the way.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Pickled Tink posted:

Ummm.... ok, now I have GOT to try this one.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

"Forward, the Bunny Brigade!"
Was there one dismay'd?
Not though the Owsla knew
Someone had blunder'd
Theirs not to speak a word
Theirs not to be ever heard
Theirs but to obey the nerd
Into the Temple of Death
Hopped the six hundred

Magic to the left of them
Magic to the right of them
Magic in front of them
Volley'd and thunder'd
Magic missile and fireball
The contents of the spellbook all
Into the jaws of Death
Into the books of Jergal
Hopped the six hundred

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Bunn-grenade goes boink.

utonium
Dec 17, 2002

Shei-kun posted:

Well, there DOES have to be a victory involved, and "throwing demons at it until it works" is not exactly the sanest method of dealing with a problem, even for wizards.

Remember, there's still the first option of "SUPER CLUSTERFUCK BETRAYAL AHOY!" to go with if you don't like this one. And we do have two others to try, I think.
This is the post Vorgen listed the strategies and we've seen numbers 1 and 4 so far. I think he said number 3 is coming up next, but reading through these again, number 2 doesn't sound viable for the same reasons that caused number 1 to be such a ratfuck.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

utonium posted:

[url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3435303&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=196#post425006872]number 2 doesn't sound viable for the same reasons that caused number 1 to be such a ratfuck.
Is there an easy fix for that like messing with the AI scripts or something? Or even an insane fix like charming everyone? I was really psyched for the all-out brawl but it seems the game is giving us the middle finger. :(

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Maybe Syv can go hoard Charm scrolls or something? The problem seems to be that the rest of the NPC's went totally neutral.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Where's Algernon's Cloak when you need it?

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

sebzilla posted:

Where's Algernon's Cloak when you need it?

One of the mods changed it. We have the cloak, but it isn't unlimited charms anymore.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Wait, poo poo, doesn't the summoned creatures limit apply to charmed creatures as well? Unless the limit was lifted in BWP.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
one of the tweak packs does remove the summon limit, not sure if its installed for syv but it probably is.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

It definitely looks like it, what with the multiple demons and all.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

13 Nightal, 1370b

I can't do this.

I mean, I can do this, but I can't do this. My brother's in there. Sarevok, aka Koveras. He has been doing a lot of reading in Candlekeep. A lot of research about our Father. Bhaal. Lord of Murder.

He thinks he's got a handle on how to raise him up, or take his power, or become a god. He wants slaughter. I can't lead the Golden Company in to give him what he wants!

And he's not the only one who's read a book. I grew up in Candlekeep. I did crack a tome or two in my day. Sometimes even the ones they didn't want me to read.

I know that the Weave is my true source of power. And I know that the power of the Weave is not subtle. It is hordes upon hordes of bunnies, volatile instruments throwing parts of themselves at their enemies forever and ever and ever.

I enter the temple.

I know that Sarevok thinks starting a war full of slaughter will prove him to be the inheritor of our Father's power. But... I know a much more blatant display of slaughter.

Bunnies! Bunnies of DEATH!

I summon my first horde, and then my brother addresses me.

Your evil ways end here tonight! This god stays dead and you will join him!

Yes, sister! Bring your rage to bear, and we shall end this in a manner befitting our heritage! Face me! Face the new LORD OF MURDER! Angelo! Tazok! Reveal yourselves and let's finish this now!

I call upon my furry horde, and it comes to my aid. Like a swarm, they rush upon mine enemies.

I summon more, and then more still. They will blight the landscape, and all that opposes me, or grows green, shall perish!

I move to the left, and begin to summon even more bunnies. But my brother begins to taunt me.

Our dead father's strength suffuses these walls! Here I was to perform the rituals that would make me a god, and here I have already mastered power beyond your puny imaginings. What I began with Zhalimar and the others whom you struck down in Reiltar's mansion, I have now completed.

These four are my acolytes, the first of my worshippers. While we are within this place, their souls are bound to our father's taint within me. Their power suffuses me, protects me from all harm. It is but a taste of what I shall wield when I ascend, but for now it is more than sufficient to end this little family quarrel.

Goodbye, Syvishtar. I shall not allow your death to be swift.

A moment later, the first chain reaction goes off. It is glorious.

I keep casting the spells as fast as I can. Tazok seems hard-pressed against my bunnies.

I maneuver to try to get everyone together, then I cast Dispel Magic. It hits us all.

But time to run! Then with a Potion of Invisibility and some other potions, I'm back to full health and ready to summon more!

More bunnies come, and more bunnies fall. It's a circle of life and fiery, burning death.

A quick circle. Average circle lifespan is about 2 seconds.

Maybe more like a line than a circle. A short line.

Semaj's Teleport Field does not make the battle any less confusing.

I have to disappear and heal up. The bodies of the fallen are like leaves in the autumn.

This is truly the Fall of Bunnykind.

I have exhausted my primary Summon Wild Horde spells, but I endeavor to continue on with Nahal's Reckless Dweomer. The bunnies summoned that way seem to be more... unstable, however.

I keep summoning my bunnies, sending them to die in the Teleport Field.

Angelo does terrible things to the poor dears.

I do get a couple of good batches, though.

With one of the spells, I do not get any bunnies. But I do get all of my spells back!

Gameplay note: All spells re-memorized! HELL YAH BUNNYDEATH SECOND WAVE COMMENCE!

I disappear to get everyone off my back, and then go to gestate the largest bunnywave mankind has ever conceived.

I need to build them up first. Get them a chance to become acquainted.

Angelo sneaks in, invisible, and tries to make a sneak attack. He triggers BUNNYGEDDON!

The explosions don't stop. They just keep going, and going, and going...

Until someone dies.

Really, Sarevok? Predictable? Did you REALLY know I was going to go bunnygeddon on your rear end?

Someone steps on the wrong pile of fur, and another chain reaction is set off.

Good thing I'm pretty much immune to all magic, because I would have been dead long ago otherwise.

I retreat again, heal up again, and release another few batches. They are enough to take out Angelo.

My sword is exultant.

Yes, Meta Infernum, yes! All life torches, starting with the bunnies!

When I get low on my self-immolating furry friends, I retreat to a corner and cast a few scrolls. Mirror Image for myself and Cloudkill for my enemies.

My sword is not happy with this turn of events.

But it does bear delicious fruit!

I take a look at the situation. The entire temple is littered with the bodies of the dead.

The only one of Sarevok's minions that remains is Diarmid, who is totally shielded from my bunnies' ministrations.

Gameplay note: Holy poo poo I can't believe I'm actually pulling this off!!

I must hurt Diarmid in some other way. I pull out my bow, Taurmaril.

I hit Diarmid once, but he runs away and Sarevok chases me. Time to disappear!

I find another angle, and try to fire again. Sarevok doesn't come, but two skeleton warriors do.

I give them elementals to fight. It works great!

My 3 elementals manage to take out the 3 skeleton warriors, even though Sarevok and Diarmid join in on the fight.

My wind elemental even manages to lead Sarevok away from me, while the earth elemental and I focus on Diarmid.

Diarmid and I spar until he seems injured.

Then I cast a spell on myself - Polymorph Self.

As a set of giant glowing ogres I crush puny Diarmids!

I don't chase him when he runs away, and he always comes back. But in the end, I smash him like a fool.

With that, my brother shows his first sign of doubt.

Diarmid's skeleton retreats and begins firing arrows at me. I turn into a Mustard Jelly and fire big splashes of jelly at him in return.

The corrosive substance destroys the skeleton in short order.

Now it is only myself and my brother here. I know what I must do. I must summon more Wild Hordes.

I receive an excellent crop for my last regular spell.

But my next casting, through Nahal's Reckless Dweomer, gives me... a different type of summon.

The cornugon immediately attacks my assembled rabbits.

I go south to attract Sarevok to the fight. He comes, and I try to cast more rabbits. But we are all hit with a Slow surge. I slowly run from Sarevok, and he slowly follows. Until I manage to slowly drink a potion.

Then I slowly run towards the door, as Sarevok slowly attacks the demon.

I try to summon more bunnies, but they just... won't... come.

So I go for a scroll of Skull Trap instead. That hurts him, but doesn't kill him. Eventually, Sarevok slooowly kills the cornugon.

poo poo. poo poo poo poo poo poo! I go back to my Wild Horde. They must come. They must!

I try for them again. The Weave rushes into me a second time, suffusing my very being and refreshing my mind to its pre-fight state!

Gameplay note: OH MY GOD SECOND REFRESH! TIME FOR THIRD BUNNYGEDDON!!!

I barely escape to invisibility this time. Close call.

This is a sign. A portent. The Wild Will of the Weave is truly with me this day. My Wild Hordes are no match for my pathetic brother. I walk to the center of this temple, and prepare to unleash bunny hell.

I appear from invisibility surrounded by a wild horde. I add to it, and add a second time. That's all I can do by the time Sarevok rushes us. But no matter. He comes to his doom.

HIS DOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the flames clear, Sarevok is looking at his hands. He is incredulous.

No! How... can this be? HOW CAN THIS BE?

Sarevok falls to the floor, and something strange happens to his body. Something I've only seen in fevered dreams of my own death, before. Something... singular.

Don't mess with the wizard with the Wild Hordes.

I take a final look at the battlefield. The floor of the temple is littered with the bodies of the fallen heroes.

Then, I take my leave.

Gameplay note: OH MY GOD I never imagined that I would be successful with this strategy! I set out to just show a funny verison of the battle where I die. But... I made it! This is insanity!

But this is viable insanity. This is now offiically Ending B, aka Unleashing the Wild Horde. In this version, everybody lives, and Syvishtar learns that exploding bunnies are the true answer to every problem. Applicable to every situation. Can't have too many exploding bunnies. Nope. Never too many o' them. The consequences of this act will be far-reaching and pivotal to his character growth. Fear it, or embrace it.

In this ending, everybody lives happily ever after, trust is maintained, and Syvishtar(a) goes into Baldur's Gate II a happy, contented, well-balanced wild mage completely fixated on the death of bunnies and perhaps other small rodents.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Amazing.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

This. THIS IS THE TRUE ENDING.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Those are no ordinary rabbits. Those are the most vicious bunnies you've ever laid eyes on! I mean, look at the corpses!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I think that's the sound of Mystra whimpering over in the corner.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I need no other ending other than Ending B , that was glorious.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

It truly was the NIGHT OF THE LEPUS!

stille
Oct 9, 2012
One true ending.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Well I know what I'm voting for.

And what The Weave has voted for.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

That was truly amazing. It sums up the Syvishtar/a experience quite nicely.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
:stare: incredible. simply incredible.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

I imagined THIS SORT OF THING going down, and I got so much more!

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
I've been lurking for a long time, but I'm just piping up to say that Bunnygeddon is the one and only future.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
Ending B? That's a weird way to spell Canon Ending. :)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

apologies for the rough touchpad drawing but...

IT EVEN LOOKS LIKE A SKULL!!!

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

That... is amazing. Dad's trying to tell you something, Syv.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Oh hey, brother. Neat skull on the floor. What's it made of, stone?

*MAGIC*

Mine is bigger and made of corpses. Get to the Abyss, you loving lightweight.

Daetrin
Mar 21, 2013
Ending B is truly the best ending.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
We don't need to see anymore.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Siegkrow posted:

This. THIS IS THE TRUE ENDING.

Here's some text because round these here parts empty-quoting is bad even when 100% justified.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

ETB posted:

Seriously Vorgen, by all means flesh this out some if you want to, but IMHO its totally justified to call it here after this many years and I'm saying this as a dude who's a big booster of "there are no problems, only too-few summoned Pit Fiends". You soloed the first bigworld endgame with exploding bunnies and two surge refreshes. It does not get more chaotic wild magey than that.

It's so cool how the bunnyswarm is probably going to be the least hosed up out of all the potential endings to this leg of the journey.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Oh. My. MurderGod. :black101: :black101:

It's... it's beautiful.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ETB posted:

On to BG2!

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
It is everything I had hoped it would be and more. :allears:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

shovelbum posted:

On to BG2!

Plus with this, we get to see most of the NPC content. :smithicide:

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Right after I saw the first ending I mentioned it was difficult to imagine what could top it. Now I've seen it. Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
I... I... I... :magical:

Bunnydeath it is!

• Locked thread