Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Foo Diddley posted:

I just want to know what the guy in the "Duuuuuude" shirt did

he got a refund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Oh man I forgot I had stellaris. I wonder if it got any better than what it was at launch.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Sappo569 posted:

Another free trip lol... do they even mention it in their official media channels that they're attending this?

How could you possibly expect crobert industrials to tackle such a daunting task as public visibility for a con panel. The answer is of course they did nothing to market this. Not like it was going to be panel of any value.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

I just want to know what the guy in the "Duuuuuude" shirt did

Lmao :D He either ripped a really loud one at a quiet time, or his question for the q&a was "How long do refunds take to process?" :)

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Day 2, I still have not received a reply.

What the gently caress Cymelion?
Don't you understand? You were "Dismissed", and now you're blocked so he can't even see your thing to reply. The only way to win, checkmate goonie cuntiflas.

Meanwhile in a game that works and is allegedly good, I'm getting pissed off at ED because the black market at the station I'm doing stuff out of suddenly vanished.
Now I'm flying around with half a hold of illegal/stolen salvage and can't sell it anywere. :argh:

Asproigerosis posted:

Oh man I forgot I had stellaris. I wonder if it got any better than what it was at launch.

I still think about getting that game. Seems neat.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Just picked up Elite Dangerous on PS4, it's great!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

How could you possibly expect crobert industrials to tackle such a daunting task as public visibility for a con panel. The answer is of course they did nothing to market this. Not like it was going to be panel of any value.

I was more going along the lines of, why are they attending another con so soon after the failed Gamescon

And why haven't they said anything about it, maybe because they were hoping no one would notice as I'm sure it will be another massive PR disaster?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Thoatse posted:

With every dollar spent on SC being equal to 4 dollars at a scrub tier studio it's by far the most expensive game ever attempted. Thank you for reading.

This is clear because CIG spend no money on marketing. Other companies would spend half their budget just on advertising at release. CIG are paving a new road in this regard.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

D_Smart posted:

:perfect:

Also consider that when they called me out in the media - during which they lied - after I wrote a blog, then croberts subsequently wrote an entire diatribe with me as the focus, I think it stands to reason that they (by way of Chris, Sandi, Ortwin), made it personal. So, seeing as they know that there are people talking to me, and that there are public people reading my writings, I see how they would do everything they can to thwart and discredit me.

I think my 3.0 revelations since last year, hit them harder than most, since it was 100% on the money.

Just wait, the worst is yet to come, and I am still waiting the "all clear" before I commit it to writing. It's completely unprecedented and is the final phase in the E.L.E.

Do we still do 'two weeks' jokes?

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

Like any other Paradox title, Stellaris is in a constant state of gradual improvement. It's changed a lot, although only you can say whether that's enough to hold your interest.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

gently caress, that is too fidelitious for me. I need to go change.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sillybones posted:

Do we still do 'two weeks' jokes?

No, there's a two week moratorium on them

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
And you have to notify the mods in triplicate that yu're going to make them.

Two weeks in advance.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Two weeks.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Just about everyone has let him down .
As he chugs back vodka in a wilmslow bar with his old school friends  ( who don't actually want to be there ). He ruminates on his situation. Somewhere beneath his luxurious thatch of natural and well groomed hair , he knows the jig is up.
 Nothing is panning out as intended. He didn't show the sq42 trailer at gamescom after all because he's now decided to quietly roll it into sc proper and it won't be a standalone but the backers aren't ready for this bombshell yet.
  His oldest most trusted cohorts have told him the 3.0 presentation went down a storm but the internet says otherwise ? Why can no one keep up with his vision ? Why is he surrounded by fools ?
  The tarmac is running out . The one huge secret that only himself and these four guys drinking with him know about could become public before Christmas. Winter is indeed coming.
  Time to turn off the emails and lay low for a while  . Citizen con is not far now. He can do this . The vision must not fade , one last bespoke presentation . But it must be as smooth as butter no more fuckups his editing team had to chop over an hour from gamescom before they had anything looking even vaguely competent. People are asking questions. People he really doesn't want asking questions..... financial people.
  It's time to activate the plan . He needs a scapegoat for this final phase. Whose it going to be .....

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Tane weeks.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

EightAce posted:

As he chugs back vodka in a wilmslow bar with his old school friends  ( who don't actually want to be there ). He ruminates on his situation. Somewhere beneath his luxurious thatch of natural and well groomed hair , he knows the jig is up.
 Nothing is panning out as intended. He didn't show the sq42 trailer at gamescom after all because he's now decided to quietly roll it into sc proper and it won't be a standalone but the backers aren't ready for this bombshell yet.
  His oldest most trusted cohorts have told him the 3.0 presentation went down a storm but the internet says otherwise ? Why can no one keep up with his vision ? Why is he surrounded by fools ?
  The tarmac is running out . The one huge secret that only himself and these four guys drinking with him know about could become public before Christmas. Winter is indeed coming.
  Time to turn off the emails and lay low for a while  . Citizen con is not far now. He can do this . The vision must not fade , one last bespoke presentation . But it must be as smooth as butter no more fuckups his editing team had to chop over an hour from gamescom before they had anything looking even vaguely competent. People are asking questions. People he really doesn't want asking questions..... financial people.
  It's time to activate the plan . He needs a scapegoat for this final phase. Whose it going to be .....

:circlefap:

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

EightAce posted:

Time to turn off the emails and lay low for a while  . Citizen con is not far now.

Just spill it. Be a hero. If you are an employee you owe your paycheck to many people here and everywhere.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

D_Smart posted:

These. loving. Morons.

Let's see, shall we?

First of all, since my very first game, I have used the industry standard build/patch numbering scheme. Most recent:

CIG. A comedy of failures.

And they're not even out of Alpha yet, but they're using numbering scheme for a live released title. Because clearly we know nothing about game development.

1.0 (Arena Commander) https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//14399-Star-Citizen-Patch-V100

0.8 (Hangar) https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13909-Arena-Commander-Launched

0.x (Hangar) https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13233-Hangar-Module-Released
[/quote]

The thing to realise with this one is that Chris believe the game really is in 2.0+. 1.0 was the first release of the game. You are playing it. That is the game.

edit: The trick is to not read any replies before you reply.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 4, 2017

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Various Meat Products posted:

Like any other Paradox title, Stellaris is in a constant state of gradual improvement. It's changed a lot, although only you can say whether that's enough to hold your interest.

At release it was kind of bad. It felt okay at the start, but going into late game everything slowed to a crawl as you had to micro a million things. Is this still the case?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

Just spill it. Be a hero. If you are an employee you owe your paycheck to many people here and everywhere.

He doesn't know poo poo.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Lladre posted:

He doesn't know poo poo.

There was a 1% chance he does and maybe if he doesnt want to feel like such a scammer with his paycheck he should come clean

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

There was a 1% chance he does and maybe if he doesnt want to feel like such a scammer with his paycheck he should come clean

Lurk more?

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

EightAce posted:

he knows the jpg is up.

Fixed that for your friend!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Sillybones posted:

At release it was kind of bad. It felt okay at the start, but going into late game everything slowed to a crawl as you had to micro a million things. Is this still the case?

It still has the problem most of that type of game suffers from where you end up going through screen after screen checking that certain numbers are between certain values and mindlessly upgrading everything that has an icon on it telling you to.

In my experience.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
https://www.pscp.tv/StarCitizenAA/1OyJArNvdOqxb?t=2s

Full bullshit mode

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Imagine being Lando, paid to travel around the world and spout bullshit for a living

He can't exactly want it all to coming crashing down anytime soon, what will he do after this is all over?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

EightAce is Erin.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

EightAce posted:

oh oh i know this one - the patsy is lesnick cause he's a fat idiot

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
what could you blame on him

even the average backer knows hes just a fat idiot.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
a fat idiot who claims he played an entire grey box of sq42

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
what he meant was he ate an entire grey box of 42 pizzas

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

He can't exactly want it all to coming crashing down anytime soon, what will he do after this is all over?

Lando will author the Best Selling Tell All Book Ever.

It will also have a DVD Companion Volume consisting of completely of thousands phone selfie videos with Lando grinning while Robert Space rants in the back ground about fidelity and green pixels.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
the mods should make Derek complete the Lesnick challenge. with pineapple.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:wtchris:

:laffo:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

There's, ummm, well there's a few fundamental design issues glaring like lighthouse beacons with that "design?".

If they are going for something with a design brief of "hover bike must have the capacity to remove pilots view of the ground to enable rocks to remove pilots legs as he flies along blissfully unaware of what he's flying over" then sure, that design would be great.

I see from the WIP picture that they are going for the "slam it into the ground nose first to land like a lawn dart" method of parking it.

Also, "how's that badly strained neck coming along commando?"

At this point I'm almost 100% positive that the designers are getting their inspiration from Ann Summers toy departments. :)

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Lladre posted:

He doesn't know poo poo.

Right on the money commando. !! See you in the verse

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
wrf even is that, a motorcycle thing with enough open space for a headshot and openings to the front to scoop up rocks but made to look like their new ship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Thoatse posted:

wrf even is that, a motorcycle thing with enough open space for a headshot and openings to the front to scoop up rocks but made to look like their new ship?

They could actually put it to good use in a new game module.

"Shooting commando's in their exposed nuts as they skim over you".

They could call it, "Nutshot commando" I guess, although that probably doesn't sound like what it's supposed to represent. :D