Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cathead
Jan 21, 2004

kontona posted:

have you guys started an IRC channel?

irc.synirc.net #dfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do
HolyMojo applied to the guild.

Yas
Apr 7, 2009

I've been playing other classes and ignoring my alpha lvl 36 Battle Mage . Anything I need to know since they got changed? From what I recall it was using Dragon Fang, Palm Blast, Stabbing Wheel, Fusion Chaser and Full swing to clear rooms, Plunto wave and Chaser Press for bosses. Does that sound about right?

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

Yas posted:

I've been playing other classes and ignoring my alpha lvl 36 Battle Mage . Anything I need to know since they got changed? From what I recall it was using Dragon Fang, Palm Blast, Stabbing Wheel, Fusion Chaser and Full swing to clear rooms, Plunto wave and Chaser Press for bosses. Does that sound about right?

Well, the first thing you should know, and the biggest, is that all of the moves that generate chasers automatically level along with their respective chasers; and the chasers themselves all do roughly similar damage across elements, some still deal more damage than others but the range isn't nearly as wide. So now you can just take all of them and go crazy.

Chaser Press is a room clearer, you'll do more damage by firing the chasers individually or burning them to fuel Fusion Chaser.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Somefool posted:

Nen is a trap when it comes to damage. They scale really well with chronicle sets but you probably won't see a damage increase until 2nd awakenings. They are a good class, but you have to gear them up.

edit: Just realized you're running ult. Good luck because not many classes can do ult well without serious gearing.

Hmm. What would you recommend for solo farming then? Elementalist/Ele Bomber?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Anonymous Robot posted:

:siren: ATTENTION SCUM :siren:

Hello DFO players, I’m In Lee from Neople.

Thank you very much for enjoying DFO, and please continue your support as we continue to work hard on the game.

This posting is both a request and WARNING to those gold farmers and sellers.
Our game is already swarmed with people worse than garbage, polluting our game.

Gold farmers/sellers – do us a favor and please get lost. Stop harassing our players who are here to purely enjoy the game.

I have a request for DFO players.
The best way to get rid of the gold farmers is not purchasing gold in the first place. Please DO NOT BUY gold.
Don’t become a scum like them.

We plan to back-track those accounts purchasing gold and ban those accounts as well. So don’t buy gold.
When there is no one to purchase, the sellers will be gone eventually.

And as for those hackers – please just leave the game as you are someone who does not know how to enjoy a game.
You have no right to enjoy not only DFO but any other game out there.
Stay away from playing any game for your entire life.
Hacking violates the properties of the players and Neople, and it is illegal to do so.

The people behind DFO that you enjoy so much are someone’s cherished sons, daughters, and spouses.
They have families and they are precious human beings just like you.
And they are precious employees of Neople.
These people have challenged themselves to have another go at this game, and they have sacrificed their time in their lives to start this service.
Please don’t ruin the game that so many people have worked so hard for.

Please don’t forget – I sincerely hope DFO will become a game we – Neople and the players – create and maintain together.

Neople will always continue to do our best.

Thank you.

This is like telling a troll to please stop tolling and get out. :v:

Jowy
Dec 4, 2007

Jesus Christ, it's a Pyro!

Somefool posted:

Nen is a trap when it comes to damage. They scale really well with chronicle sets but you probably won't see a damage increase until 2nd awakenings. They are a good class, but you have to gear them up.

edit: Just realized you're running ult. Good luck because not many classes can do ult well without serious gearing.

That's pretty disappointing, but oh well. I should have guessed as much in the first place :v:

Out of curiosity, do you know how well F Strikers handle since all of their balance changes? I hear they're not on the absolute upper end of damage classes anymore but I'm assuming they're still perfectly competent.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

This is like telling a troll to please stop tolling and get out. :v:

It's a symbolic gesture. They know very well that doing this won't stop the gold sellers themselves, but it delivers a very strong message to aloof "the things I do have no consequence" players. If you constantly reinforce the message that yes, it IS in fact your gold buying habits that are directly detroying the game, they have a chance of making a number of players think twice. Yes, there are bullheaded assholes who will continue to believe that their actions have no consequence until the bitter end, but it's by creating an atmosphere of accountability that you get most players to stop.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm having trouble understanding the idea that M. Spitfires are a primarily 'physical' class. It looked this morning to me like all the bullets and grenades did Magic damage, leaving... maybe Crossfire? I'm not sure... as physical damage. Is this something that just doesn't matter until 70+ or something?

Still not quite sure how I should be playing him, too. I guess the idea was muskets for men, but they don't feel all that effective compared to how I remember my F. Spit from the Nexon days.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

In other news entirely, where the hell is Loton, I've seen all the disassemblers but not him. :ohdear:

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Just wanna say F. Brawlers own and have great progression in the early levels. They're competent from the start, but all their skills build on the previous ones and give them new options, improving their area and single target damage in various ways as they level. They can solo, they have utility for grouping, they probably fall off endgame if DoTs become less effective but I just hit 45 and not even Fanatic's Tower is getting me down, at least not yet!

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I'm having trouble understanding the idea that M. Spitfires are a primarily 'physical' class. It looked this morning to me like all the bullets and grenades did Magic damage, leaving... maybe Crossfire? I'm not sure... as physical damage. Is this something that just doesn't matter until 70+ or something?

Still not quite sure how I should be playing him, too. I guess the idea was muskets for men, but they don't feel all that effective compared to how I remember my F. Spit from the Nexon days.

Metal bullets deal very high Phys damage, Buster Shot is a means of dealing several bullet's worth in one shot, Crossmore as mentioned is Physical, then you have C4, which reduces defense and speed, along with dealing some decent damage and Neil the Sniper, which is purely physical. Further, it's possible to convert his EXs and I THINK his Awakening into pure physical.

As for the muskets, they'll start to feel more usable when your mastery is at lv7 or so. Before that, just use bowguns if you prefer.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ciaphas posted:

In other news entirely, where the hell is Loton, I've seen all the disassemblers but not him. :ohdear:

As I understand it, he died.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Loton and Lorianne are unaccounted for after metastasis.

Considering how much it hosed up everything and they havent been found even after a few years...

he ded son. he supa ded

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Just wanna say F. Brawlers own and have great progression in the early levels. They're competent from the start, but all their skills build on the previous ones and give them new options, improving their area and single target damage in various ways as they level. They can solo, they have utility for grouping, they probably fall off endgame if DoTs become less effective but I just hit 45 and not even Fanatic's Tower is getting me down, at least not yet!

Not really; due to the changes that status effects got in the patch that buffed F.Brawlers, their damage starts absurd and gets more and more insane as they get higher in level.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
I have a musket and bow gun on my fspit at 26 and I swap them in and out depending on the situation. The musket clears out trash really well with elemental bullets and innate piercing while the bow gun dumps out a poo poo load of damage really quickly for bosses.

No idea how well it will work as I get more skills and sp starts to dry up but for now it works really well and is pretty fun.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Aquarium of Lies posted:

Sorry about that, you'll be accepted as soon as the guild cooldown expires. Unfortunately guilds in DFO have a member cap of 300, and we've been hitting that cap since about Saturday, so I keep needing to kick people who haven't logged on the longest to make sure new players can get it, which is why you got kicked in the first place.

There will probably need to be another round of kicks tonight, too; yesterday I got us down to 280/300 but right now we're back up to 293/300.

Speaking of that cooldown, is there any way to check how long is left?

I still don't know how to find a lot of things in this client :shrug:

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

DFlux posted:

Not really; due to the changes that status effects got in the patch that buffed F.Brawlers, their damage starts absurd and gets more and more insane as they get higher in level.

I used the ticket we got to swap my 66 nen for a brawler. The damage is insane. awakening + junk spin just melts bosses like nothing.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Madtrixr posted:

Loton and Lorianne are unaccounted for after metastasis.

Considering how much it hosed up everything and they havent been found even after a few years...

he ded son. he supa ded

You can see Lorianne's hairband on the ground and Denkas' skeleton in the room before the boss of Chessboard of Despair. :smith:

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010

cathead posted:

You can see Lorianne's hairband on the ground and Denkas' skeleton in the room before the boss of Chessboard of Despair. :smith:

:drat:
I didn't know that.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just accepted the class advancement Quest for Avenger, but is it possible to abandon it and choose another awakening before I complete it? I am taking a second look at Exorcist.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Should be.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Somefool posted:

You forgot the amazing picture:

Why is this not in the first post yet?

Mazzletoff
Dec 17, 2012

wake me up
before you jojo

This is WEAPON MASTER. He's the best class in the game.

Weapon Masters are one of the only three classes (two currently) that can wield Lightsabres. They have access to a much wider range of melee abilities then any of the other Slayer subclasses, and flow from one strike to the next through the use of Flowing Stance. They're one of the lower skill floor classes to play, but have an incredibly high skill ceiling. If you're new to the game and want something that looks really flashy and cool, Weapon Master is the man for the job. He mainly uses Lightsabres, Katanas, Short Swords, Zanbatos, and Blungeons. Weapon Master is one of the few subclasses that can use most of the weapons available to the original class, but usually sticks to one or two. Most Weapon Masters use Lightsabres and Katanas.

At level 50, he awakens as a Grand Master. At level 75, his second awakening is the Sword God.

This is SOUL BENDER. He's the best class in the game.

Soul Benders are strange, at first. You don't really unlock anything new upon class change, and are instead forced to abuse Ghost Slash and Kazan - who now does damage when enemies stand inside his radius. However, the class truly unlocks its potential around 30-35, where you can find out if the class is for you or not. Soul Benders can place a myriad of Ghosts around the battlefield, dealing damage to foes from afar, and mainly use damage over time, along with Ghost Step and its upgrade to deal close up damage. Soul Benders are a very strange Slayer subclass - they're extremely fragile at the start, and very, very slow for the most part. A lot of playing one involves knowing where to position your ghosts for maximum effect, and how to overlap them in order to deal the most damage to a boss. Oftentimes, a Soul Bender will use moves that can bring an enemy into his ghosts, rather than moving towards the enemy himself. Soul Benders use Short Swords and Katanas. Most Soul Benders use Short Swords for PvE, and Katanas for PvP.

At level 50, he awakens as a Soul Reaper. At level 75, his second awakening is the Dark Lord.

This is BERSERKER. He's the best class in the game.

Berserker is all about those auto attacks. His main attacking skill is Frenzy, which grants him a secondary auto-attack at the cost of his own HP. Berserker really gets going around Level 20-25, when it gains access to the primary buff and HP stealing move it needs to continue to thrive while remaining at the low levels of HP necessary to activate its passive - an attack speed, strength, evasion, and movement speed buff called Bloody Cross. Berserker is a decent class for beginners; it requires very little effort to play, and you can easily learn combos and mess around with hotkeys - until 40 or so, it doesn't have very many skills, after all. Berserkers use Zanbatos and Bludgeons. Most Berserkers use Zanbatos for PvE and Katanas for PvP.

At level 50, he awakens as a Hell Bringer. At level 75, his second awakening is the Blood Evil.

This is ASURA. He's the best class in the game.

Asura is highly skill dependent. Not in terms of mechanical skill; although he requires a decent bit of that, but in terms of skill usage. Asura uses Wave Manifestation to generate his power, and one generates every 5 seconds. To attain the maximum of 5, a combination of skills, such as Spirit Crescent or Wave Wheel Slasher must be used. Asura can manipulate elements, creating Fire or Ice waves that can streak across the screen. Asura is mostly about Wave generation and being able to properly pull off your skills without being interrupted; an interrupted Asura is as good as useless. Your fully charged Ghost Orb doesn't mean poo poo when you got hit before you threw it. Currently, Asura is ridiculously overpowered and can clear dungeons without really exerting much effort; or any, to be honest. Asuras use Short Swords and Katanas. Most Asuras use Short Swords for PvE and Katanas for PvP.

At level 50, he awakens as a Silent Eye. At level 75, his second awakening is the Indra.

This is SWORD MASTER. She's the best class in the game.

Sword Master is entirely relevant to the elements. The instant you spawn into a dungeon, you start buffing, using one of the four elemental buffs she has at her disposable. With her Magic Sword Medley, Sword Master can also generate neat effects depending on the element chosen - a secondary hit with fire, a DOT with darkness, blind with light, and freezing with ice. Sword Master is mainly skill dependent, as her X String isn't as incredibly toptier as Vagabond. But her skills are pretty varied; she has a few holds and gap closers, as well as multiple skills that can just burst down an enemy. Sword Master is unique, in that they mainly use Zanbatos and Bludgeons. The endgame Bludgeon build for Sword Master can literally chaindrop an enemy until they are dead.

At level 50, she awakens as a Noblesse. She has no second awakening at this time.

This is DEMON SLAYER. She's the best class in the game.

Demon Slayer's main draw is her ridiculously silly whipsword, and how she throws enemies all over the entire area. Demon Slayer, sadly, is widely considered the worst of the F. Slayer subclasses - but that's more because of how excellent Vagabond and Dark Templar are, rather then anything on her. Demon Slayer is entirely respectable, and her throws are really helpful if you're learning to play.

At level 50, she awakens as a Demonbane. She has no second awakening at this time.

This is VAGABOND. She's the best class in the game.

Vagabond is insane. She has some absolutely disgusting burst damage - but her X String is oftentimes stronger then anything else, due to her stackable buff that lasts 30 seconds, and doing 2 hits rather then one, thanks to her dual wield. The only skills she has that can really compare to her insane X String are cube skills; and once Vagabond gets her cubes, she can really just burst down practically every enemy in seconds. Vagabond is for you if you want to do things that are absolutely ridiculous; most of the webm/gifs of F Slayer from Korea are of her, after all. Vagabonds main hand either Zanbatos or Lightsabers, and always offhand Lightsabers.

At level 50, she awakens as a Duelist. She has no second awakening at this time.

This is DARK TEMPLAR. She's the best class in the game.

The only truly different class for F. Slayer, Dark Templar is a master of holds. Able to shut down enemy movement for something like 5-10 seconds at a time, she can lock down bosses for insane amounts of time. However, outside of her level 45 cube skill, Destroyer, she doesn't have much damage.

At Level 50, she awakens as a Dark Empress. She has no second awakening at this time.

This is NEN MASTER. S/he's the best class in the game.

Nen Master can do ridiculous damage output - once she hits level 30. Before then, she's mostly supportive, and has to deal with dungeons a bit slower compared to the other Fighter classes. But don't worry; when Nen gets going, she takes off like a jet. Nen Masters are monsters in groups, and can easily dominate entire swathes of enemies. In the time it would take a Brawler to deal with half the room, Nens are already moving to the next room. Don't be afraid to use your clear cube skills; Nens can barely function without them, and theirs are some of the best in the game. Around 40 or 50 you unlock the stronger moves, which completely devastate rooms. Nen Masters use Gloves.

At level 50, he awakens as a Radiant Lion, and she as a Blazing Flower. At level 75, only she has a second awakening, and becomes the Nen Empress.

This is STRIKER. S/he's the best class in the game.

Strikers are about hitting fast, and hitting hard. Unlike with the Nen Master, Strikers differ quite a lot between the two genders - F. Striker is all about punching, while M. Striker kicks people to death. However, both utilize a singular skill to great effect; Muscle Shift, an ability that allows a Striker to cancel from one skill to the next, allowing for skills to be comboed into each other without any real care for pauses in between. However, only Striker skills can be cancelled; and not all of them. Certain high level abilities are removed from the pool of cancelling. Strikers mainly use Boxing Gloves.

At level 50, he awakens as a Dragon Fist and she as a Champion. At level 75, only she has a second awakening, and becomes the Kaiser.

This is BRAWLER. S/he's the best class in the game.

Brawlers are about status effects - a strange thing to be about, for a Fighter class. Their first move is one that a rather large number of classes end up using for a good portion of the game; Sand Splash. Brawlers rely on status effects like Blind and Poison to deal large amounts of damage with their weapons. The main skill Brawlers use is Apply Poison, which allows them to poison their enemies with wanton abandon. Brawlers are all about damage over time, and hitting groups of enemies with those status effects is important to playing the class. Brawlers are fantasy assholes, and hit people with bricks, slap them in the face, and generally act rather rude in their animations. Please note that at this current junction, Male Brawler is basically worthless in PvE, even if he'll probably be buffed in a year or two. He's fairly excellent in PvP, however. Brawlers mainly use Claws.

At level 50, he awakens as a Rampager and she as a Hellcat. At level 75, only she has a second awakening, and becomes the Poison Master.

This is GRAPPLER. S/he's the best class in the game.

Grapplers are all about throws. They're the masters of throwing enemies around the screen like it barely matters, using their myriad of grab moves to constantly freeze enemies in their tracks. A Grappler can prevent movement for an insane amount of time, comboing a grab into another grab into another grab, forcing their enemies movement to a standstill. Female Grapplers use their hands to initiate their moves, while Male Grapplers begin with their legs. However, Grapplers are intensely mana reliant, making them frustrating in the mid-late game, where most characters don't have to bother with Mana Potions. Grapplers mainly use Gauntlets.

At level 50, he awakens as a Juggernaut and she as a Dervish. At level 75, only she has a second awakening, and becomes the Ultimate Diva.

This is ELEMENTALIST. She's the best class in the game.

Elementalist is about, naturally, manipulation of the four elements. Fire, Water, Shadow, and Light are all under her command, and she is the only mage class who can move around while casting a charged spell, allowing her for a bit more maneuverability then others. Sadly, Elementalist doesn't really feel different from the base class until around level 25 or 30, where she gains access to second and third tier elemental spells, and can begin to truly shine. Her main skill, Elemental Burn, requires her to use all four elements every 20-30 seconds in order to maintain her ridiculous damage output, but her output is disgusting. Elementalist can rip through rooms like they're nothing at all, and her strengths lie in that ability entirely. Most Elementalists specialize in two elements, and use Rods or Staves. The most common specializations are Fire and Dark, or Water and Light.

At level 50, she awakens as a Archmage. At level 75, her second awakening is the Overmind.

This is SUMMONER. She's the best class in the game.

While all other classes are about your own ability, Summoner doesn't really give a drat. She summons an insane number of creatures, frustrating both herself and her party members with the ludicrous number of summons covering the entire map. Summoner is an excellent solo class, because her summons often allow her to do little or no work per map, because so much is happening. However, she still must pay attention - Summoners have to recast their summons and maintain the buffs cast on them with Lasher, which increases damage, attack speed, and major stats. Summoners can specialize in contract summons, hired summons, or sacrifice. Most Summoners use Rods or Staves.

At level 50, she awakens as a Lunar Princess. At level 75, her second awakening is the Eclipse.

This is WITCH. She's the best class in the game.

Witch at first, only appears to be extremely gimmicky, which turns off a large amount of players. However, the Success and Fail rates don't matter all that much - Witches are all about enchanting their weapon for stylish airdash and mid air combos, and utilizing ridiculous spells. Most of her abilities have a chance to Succeed or Fail, but failure usually just means the skill doesn't work. Her damage over time attacks are primarily for the debuff, instead of the damage; unlike Soul Bender. Witch's main draw is her ridiculous machines - she creates furnaces and ice cars and other wacky things to attack enemies. Witch can also affect her own success rates; at second awakening, failure vanishes, and when she uses her Lollipop she can greatly increase the chance of her own successes. Her nukes are pretty strong, on the other hand, Witch can deal ridiculous damage in a manner of seconds, and has the added benefit of looking totally ridiculous while doing so. It's an interesting and bizarre class, that most consider one of the most fun in the game. Witches mainly use Broomsticks.

At level 50, she awakens as a Trickster. At level 75, her second awakening is the Genie Wiz.

This is BATTLE MAGE. She's the best class in the game.

The other three F. Mage subclasses are nothing like Battle Mage. Her entire purview is stingers, sliding across the battlefield with an insane amount of speed as she smashes her weapon into enemies. Battle Mages use a mixture of melee and magical abilities to rip their enemies to shreds; without their Chaser Launcher, a Battle Mage would not be so ridiculously strong. But with access to five types of buffs and damage, they can deal an additional hit with every hit of their own, and combine their own Chasers and use them to strengthen certain skills. In addition, Battle Mage has two builds - physical and magical. A physical Battle Mage concentrates on dealing heavy damage with her attacks, and buffing herself with Chasers, while a magical Battle Mage focuses on her chasers, trying to make them as high damaging and constant as possible. Battle Mages can use either Spears or Poles for PvE; in the early game, Spears are usually better, whereas Poles take their own at midgame. Poles are the king of Battle Mage PvP however.

At level 50, she awakens as a Bellatrix. At level 75, her second awakening is the Ashtarte.

This is ELEMENTAL BOMBER. He's the best class in the game.

Elemental Bomber is the male version of Elementalist, although he attacks far faster and is more generally like a cannon to Elementalists nuke. His attacks are far more numerous and hit slightly less than the charged strikes of Elementalist, but that does not mean he is lesser. His ability, Elemental Bombardment allows him to freely cancel between his own skills, weaving spells into spells with a ridiculous speed. Elemental Bombers mainly use Rods and Staves.

At level 50, he awakens as a Warlock. He has no second awakening at this time.

This is GLACIAL MASTER. He's the best class in the game.

Glacial Masters focus entirely on Water Magic, and are able to create a myriad of weapons of varying speeds and strengths to suit their purposes. While slightly slower then Elemental Bombers, their focus means they are often far closer in range then the other class, preferring to be directly in the faces of their opponents when they begin their own combos. The main draw of Glacial Master, however, is the fact that by virtue of being masters of ice, their enemies are often frozen - its not a surprise for a Glacial Master to go through entire dungeons without really being hit, because they freeze everything in their paths. Glacial Masters mainly use Rods and Staves.

At level 50, he awakens as a Hell Freezer. He has no second awakening at this time.

This is RANGER. S/he's the best class in the game.

Rangers are all about style. Comparing Ranger to Dante's Gunslinger style is rather common - they use their twin guns specifically to combo into their other moves, dancing over the map like a ridiculous person. Ranger's move Stylish is a lot like Muscle Shift and Chain Rush; it lets the Ranger instantly cancel and combo into another ability, even if they're not done with the animation! M. Ranger focuses mainly on their guns, while F. Ranger uses a lot more kicks. Both variations focus entirely on fast, hard damage, and the speed and strength they bring to a group is quite nice. All Rangers use Revolvers.

At level 50, he awakens as a Desperado, and she as aBloodia. At level 75, his second awakening is the Raven and hers is the Crimson Rose.

This is LAUNCHER. S/he's the best class in the game.

Launchers deal massive damage in minimal time. They wield large, heavy weapons that require insane amounts of strength, and deal equally crazy amounts of damage. Being a Launcher means being a bit slower, but each hit packs a far bigger punch. Male Launchers are far better at utility then Female Launchers, but hit slightly underneath the girl's ridiculous damage. However, Male Launcher has a far, far higher critical hit rate then Female Launcher. Launchers are a fairly decent solo class, but can easily work in a group with similar effort. All Launchers use Hand Cannons.

At level 50, he awakens as a Wrecking Ball, and she as a Demolitionist. At level 75, his second awakening is the Destroyer and hers is the Storm Trooper.

This is MECHANIC. S/he's the best class in the game.

Mechanics summon tiny robot friends to deal damage for them, while also directly engaging in combat. A Mechanic uses a combination of their own abilities and their robots to deal damage, and they can be an enormous asset on the battlefield, thanks to the effects of their own robots. Male Mechanics mainly focus on using their Land Runner abilities, which are tiny robots that follow enemies around and explode. Female Mechanics, on the other hand, focus more on the G-Series, which are a series of support robots that transform from one thing to another. Mechanics are strange in that, despite being a summoning class, they are far, far easier to deal with and be in a party with then Summoners could ever dream of being. Mechanics mainly use Auto Gun.

At level 50, he awakens as a Machinist, and she as a Metalheart. At level 75, his second awakening is the Prime, and hers is the Optimus.

This is SPITFIRE. S/he's the best class in the game.

Spitfires deal elemental damage with grenades and elemental rounds, taking care to pick the correct element for the situation, rather than going in guns blazing and hogwild like Rangers do. A Spitfire can often turn the tide of the battle, their grenades deal an insane amount of damage, and all of them can combo into each other. While Male Spitfire is ground based and deals physical damage, Female Spitfire is almost entirely an aerial class, and constantly jump around while shooting and chucking elemental grenades. Most Spitfires mainly use Bowguns and Muskets.

At level 50, he awakens as a General, and she as a Valkyrie. At level 75, his second awakening is the Commander, and hers is the Freyja.

This is CRUSADER. He's the best class in the game.

Crusaders are the de-facto buffing class. And the de-facto tanking class. They're one of the best classes possible to choose for a first time player - you're never unwanted in groups, and even have some fairly respectable soloing ability. Crusaders are ludicrous; they deal enough damage to justify soloing, and with free respecs can turn into a party monster in barely a thought. Crusaders mainly use Crosses and Rosaries.

At level 50, he awakens as a Paladin. At level 75, his second awakening is the Saint.

This is MONK. He's the best class in the game.

Monks are strange. They're probably one of, if not the most mechanically intensive classes in the game. Monks require actual inputs - command inputs - to utilize correctly, and they use a lot of them. However, Monk at his peak can be a ludicrous monster in both PvE and PvP, able to utterly decimate his opposition in sheer raw DPS. With his Ducking Blow, he can get up to an almost ridiculous 70% evasion rate, and combo off every dodge. Monk, unlike the other Priest subclasses, throws his weapon down with Will Driver before going to town and demolishing rooms. Monks mainly use Totems.

At level 50, he awakens as a Templar. At level 75, his second awakening is the Justice.

This is EXORCIST. He's the best class in the game.

Exorcists are strange; stranger then Monks. Unlike most other classes outside of Battle Mage, Exorcist can go either physical or magical. However, unlike Battle Mage, Exorcists play entirely differently between the two playstyles. A physical Exorcist would be up close and personal, dealing as much damage as possible, whereas a magical Exorcist would usually stay at mid range, only closing in when necessary. Physical Exorcists are about heavy, slow, but extremely powerful hits - whereas magical focuses on short to mid-range zoning. The two completely different playstyles make Exorcist a treat to play, thanks to the free SP resets. Exorcists mainly use Battle Axes and Rosaries.

At level 50, he awakens as a Hyperion. At level 75, his second awakening is the Primordial Enlightened.

This is AVENGER. He's the best class in the game.

Avengers, unlike other Priest subclasses, are not holy warriors. They wield the powers of the dark, summoning the fists of Demons to their aid and throwing scythes to destroy their foes. Avengers have an absolutely disgusting amount of damage output, and are practically immortal from 15-50. Their skill, Metamorphosis, which turns the user into a demon, can rip through bosses in seconds, making Avenger an excellent class for brand new players, along with Weapon Master, Crusader, and F. Striker. Avengers use Scythes.

At level 50, he awakens as a Doom Guardian. At level 75, his second awakening is the Immortal.

This is ROGUE. She's the best class in the game.

Rogue is stylish. Rogue is fast. Rogue is incredibly, ridiculously fun. Rogue is all about being speedy as hell and murdering your enemies in style. Rogues are fairly mechanically intense, due to the high number of inputs required for a user to put out, as well as paying attention to their own Hit End, and knowing what skills it is good with. Hit End is a different mechanic entirely; certain skills give the Rogue Contact Points, which allow rogue to do an extra hit on certain attacks, such as her default Z move, Bandit Cut and Hurricane. Always get your Contact Points to 5 before burning a Hit End move; it gives something ridiculous like 500% damage. The ability does not need to be placed on your hotbar either; it's practically a passive. Playing a Rogue is playing with your own life, however - they're an extremely fragile class, and require a lot of attention to be paid to placement compared to other classes. Rogues mainly use Twin Swords and Daggers.

At level 50, she awakens as a Silvermoon. She has no second awakening at this time.

This is NECROMANCER. She's the worst class in the game.

There is little to no summoning of the undead as Necromancer. From 15 to 30, Necromancer casts one ability. Nicholas Rapport. From 30 onwards, she casts one other ability. Vallacre. And with Vallacre, she simply spams X, runs out of mana, and cries. It's not a very fun time. Necromancer is the class most desperately needing a rework, and is unarguably the worst of Thief's two (four in the other DnF releases) subclasses. Do not play Necromancer if you value fun. Play Necromancer if you honestly enjoy nothing but X and Vallacre spam. I assure you you do not.

At level 50, she awakens as a Defiler. She has no second awakening at this time.

This is ELVEN KNIGHT. She's the best class in the game.

Elven Knight is a class that can do a myriad of things - from massive AoE to single target DPS - as well as the wonderful ability to summon a pretty prancing pony to fight. Elven Knight utilizes a weird mechanic called Chain Rush. Elven Knight combos go Skill > Chain Rush > Skill > Chain Rush > Skill > Chain Rush and hope you don't get hit. Chain Rush increases damage by a respectable amount, and skills can be chained up to 5 times, so it's recommended to put Chain Rush on a hotkey you don't mind spamming, a lot like Chaser Generator. Remember; Elven Knight can do ludicrous damage without her Chain Rush, and in fact the majority of her damage is without that, and utilize Chain Rush to cancel from one heavy damage skill to the next. Elven Knights use Zanbatos.

At level 50, she awakens as a Peacemaker. She has no second awakening at this time.

This is CHAOS KNIGHT. She's the best class in the game.

Chaos Knight is Summoner, without all the "relying on AI" and "Hope to God that you don't die because you can't see your character". Chaos Knight uses her Tech Trees to summon legions of tiny minions to do her bidding, but she can also deal enough damage to hold her own. Chaos Knight's talent is in mobbing, and by god can she mob. Maps disappear before her, because when you have the maneuverability and damage output of a knight, along with a contingent of monsters that attack for you, it takes no real time to fight. Chaos Knights use Short Swords.

At level 50, she awakens as a Demon Queen. She has no second awakening at this time.

This is DARK KNIGHT. He's the blandest class in the game.

Dark Knight is not exactly hard to play. He is entirely about spamming keys, and with his ability to create combos, he can have upwards of 18 abilities with just three keys. It's fairly mindless to play Dark Knight, and that's probably because not a lot of effort was put into him - he has very few original skills, and those that he does have are pretty low effort, in terms of animation. Dark Knight is a Slayer variant, and that's because he only exists, as does Creator, because the two were winners of a fanart contest. He, along with Weapon Master and Vagabond, are the only three classes that can wield Lightsabres.

Dark Knight has no subclasses or awakenings.

This is CREATOR. She's the easiest class in the game.

Playing Creator is like playing a farming game. You can point and click, pressing two or three keys every few seconds, and clear entire rooms without ever moving, as well as picking up the drops. Creator is a good alt for pure farming purposes, but otherwise it's not really recommended to play one - Creator falls off hard at level 50 and upwards, where everyone else has awakenings and access to a far larger skill set then Creator, who merely has five skill slots total. She's a Female Mage variant, because someone won a fanart contest.

Creator has no subclasses or awakenings.

Mazzletoff fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jul 17, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
You should add something about how MMech focuses more in land runners while FMech focuses on g-series. A lot of people seem to miss that if they don't read a guide.

Looks very nice though.

Mazzletoff
Dec 17, 2012

wake me up
before you jojo

Kylra posted:

You should add something about how MMech focuses more in land runners while FMech focuses on g-series. A lot of people seem to miss that if they don't read a guide.

Looks very nice though.

It was more for a basis for new players then anything else - it lets someone really quickly get a decent overview of the classes, without going in depth to gender differences.

If I wanted to do that, I'd have to explain why M. Brawler is hot garbage while F. Brawler is the bee's knees, and why F/M Ranger are basically the same thing, while F/M Mechanic are completely different in every way.

I can add to it later, if people tell me what I should; I'll probably add something about not playing M. Brawler once I get back from school.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

quote:

The most common specializations are Fire and Dark, and Water and Light.
This under elementalist would probably read better as "Fire and Dark, or Water and Light" rather than just relying on the comma.

Mazzletoff posted:

It was more for a basis for new players then anything else - it lets someone really quickly get a decent overview of the classes, without going in depth to gender differences.

If I wanted to do that, I'd have to explain why M. Brawler is hot garbage while F. Brawler is the bee's knees, and why F/M Ranger are basically the same thing, while F/M Mechanic are completely different in every way.

I can add to it later, if people tell me what I should; I'll probably add something about not playing M. Brawler once I get back from school.
It would just be a shame if someone wanted to use land runners but picked fmech, or the inverse for G-Series.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 31, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I mean, mechanic has 1.5 lines right now. Nen Master is like 3x as long about how it plays while leveling. I think you can spare another sentence or two for mechanics.

If you're going to provide a picking guide, it seems like it would be a good idea to provide a good idea of the differences in what you're picking.

E: Hooray!

Mazzletoff
Dec 17, 2012

wake me up
before you jojo

Kylra posted:

This under elementalist would probably read better as "Fire and Dark, or Water and Light" rather than just relying on the comma.

It would just be a shame if someone wanted to use land runners but picked fmech, or the inverse for G-Series.

Added it.

If anyone wants to add anything about their main class or thinks I left anything out, feel free to tell me! I'm totally fine rewriting parts of it or changing the wording to fit a class better - most of these are based off my own impressions and knowledge of the game.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Mazzletoff, mazzletoff. Will throw it in the OP when I get home.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

So is M.Fighter better than F.Fighter in any sub-class? Was thinking of trying out a M.Brawler, but now I hear they're terrible in comparison, but I already made a F.Striker.

Also, protip: if you're running a Physical Exorcist, and are using Xpadder to play with a gamepad, map Turbo [Whatever hotkey you use for Star in the Sky] to a button or direction on an analog stick. Never mash buttons again!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Mazzletoff posted:

You definitely should because I'm one of those dumb people that love reading about all the nitpicky differences.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

drat Awakening is expensive.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
Are you ready to spend upwards of 2 million??
I AM!! :buddy:

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

2 mil? More like 3-4. And Seals of Emperor Helm are only getting more expensive as more people hit that point.

I got Silent Eye before the price hike :smuggo:

f edit: 56/250 for the reaper title already. Won't take as long as I thought!

Mazzletoff
Dec 17, 2012

wake me up
before you jojo

Anonymous Robot posted:

Mazzletoff, mazzletoff. Will throw it in the OP when I get home.

I'd honestly recommend linking it, because people are going to be badgering me every time they read it about "You got this wrong about my class", or whatever - and I'm honestly interested in making sure that the guide is as up to date as possible!

Unless someone says something about Necro not being worthless. Then I'll just laugh, because they are silly.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I want to make an Asura but the sound effect for Wave Manifestation is so annoying that I gave up back in beta.

Wait.....is this the heartbeat like sound that had been driving me insane?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oh I'm already bankrupt cause I was doing this on an one million gold budget.

Bad times, bad times.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Dark Knight also has the same post 50 drop off that Creator has and needs very high end gear and +'s on weapons to keep up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

HotBobaloo posted:

Wait.....is this the heartbeat like sound that had been driving me insane?

Yes and it was bad enough to make me throw my asura into the dumpster immediately after unlock

• Locked thread