Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sydin posted:

Thanks for Hendricks :v:

Didn't the Cubs get Aramis Ramirez and Kenny Lofton, for, like, Jose Hernandez and a box of baseballs? That's a trade that would have had me seething were I a Pirates fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

They traded future superstar

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Not like anything else has gone right this year, why start now?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MLB.tv question -- will the playoffs be available through the service, or am I SOL once the regular season is over?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

davecrazy posted:

Not like anything else has gone right this year, why start now?

If we get the first WC I quite like our chances with Syndergaard against the Giants, but we've got basically no chance against the Cubs if we've got to start Colon-Matz-Gsellman.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Julio Cruz posted:

If we get the first WC I quite like our chances with Syndergaard against the Giants, but we've got basically no chance against the Cubs if we've got to start Colon-Matz-Gsellman.

Season was over when we lost Duda/Wright/Harvey

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Timby posted:

MLB.tv question -- will the playoffs be available through the service, or am I SOL once the regular season is over?

IIRC you need to link your MLB account with a cable subscription to watch post season games.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sydin posted:

IIRC you need to link your MLB account with a cable subscription to watch post season games.

Son of a bitch.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Carlos Carrasco probably out for the year after taking a line drive off his pitching hand.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Sydin posted:

Unless MLB.TV thinks you're outside the US and Canada and live somewhere with more freedom, like North Korea.

Some games are available with the cable sign in but they're all available via the international feed.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Timby posted:

shell out 2 bucks for adfreetime and you're good to go.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Ice To Meet You posted:

Carlos Carrasco probably out for the year after taking a line drive off his pitching hand.

That's a tough break for the Indians.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
Trea Turner goes deep twice today. Someone please explain how the Padres,Nationals, Rays make a 3 team trade and the Nats get the best player?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Despite all the poo poo, I am going to miss Ryan Braun after he gets traded. Greatest hitter I have ever been able to watch regularly.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

chilihead posted:

Trea Turner goes deep twice today. Someone please explain how the Padres,Nationals, Rays make a 3 team trade and the Nats get the best player?

Arguably the best two players.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gently caress Ryan Braun.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

chilihead posted:

In 11 games against the Braves, he's got 4 homers, 6 steals, and he's OPSing 1.300.

Fairly certain that's going to continue for the next decade or so.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Timby posted:

Son of a bitch.

Sling $25 pack if you live in the broadcast markets

Longpig Bard fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 18, 2016

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Jon Gray's game score: 102 ONE-HUNDRED-loving-TWO

single game team K record; one of four pitchers ever to have a game score of 100 or more in 9 innings; highest in the majors this year.

holy shitballs.

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 18, 2016

Beller
Apr 9, 2009
Joc Pederson tried to murder a woman in a wheelchair at Chase Field tonight.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1172271883/ladari-pederson-unloads-a-tworun-homer-to-right/?game_pk=449079

Shameful.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

will_colorado posted:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Jon Gray's game score: 102 ONE-HUNDRED-loving-TWO

single game team K record; one of four pitchers ever to have a game score of 100 or more in 9 innings; highest in the majors this year.

holy shitballs.

Just watched the highlights. 4 in one inning. Filthy.

Also a Shawn Chacon mention is the article. I have favorable memories of that guy.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Poque posted:

gently caress Ryan Braun.

what bar are we gonna watch cubs post season games in?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

How cool is it for the Red Sox, for every one of their prospects to pan out and Ortiz to have an MVP farewell tour while they get to bury the Yankees playoff hopes after seeing A-Rod forced into retirement.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

bump_fn posted:

Hey guys, not a bar but I'll be watching from the men's room at a (yet to be determined) Arby's location. Bring your own handle of liquor.

I have a Note, so the screen is big enough for all of us to watch if we huddle up. They're supposed to bring back the 5 for $5 deal so it should be a good time.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

Hey guys, not a bar but I'll be watching from the men's room at a (yet to be determined) Arby's location. Bring your own handle of liquor.

I have a Note, so the screen is big enough for all of us to watch if we huddle up. They're supposed to bring back the 5 for $5 deal so it should be a good time.

Are they cool if you sneak food in?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

coupbrick posted:

Are they cool if you sneak food in?

it's Arby's, there's no rules and no God

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

ESPN is run by twits

http://www.espn.com/mlb/recap?gameId=360917127

humpthewind posted:

Just watched the highlights. 4 in one inning. Filthy.

Also a Shawn Chacon mention is the article. I have favorable memories of that guy.

Chacon mention
/twitch

although (outside of choking out Ed Wade) this is what I remember Chacon most for:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/COL/COL200406200.shtml

literally the first time I got to sit in the first row behind first base and then I watched that entire mess he made in person

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Sep 18, 2016

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bump_fn posted:

wrigley field

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Poque posted:

wrigley field

Can't wait to not win the playoff tickets lottery

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

How cool is it for the Red Sox, for every one of their prospects to pan out and Ortiz to have an MVP farewell tour while they get to bury the Yankees playoff hopes after seeing A-Rod forced into retirement.

it's pretty cool

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Tender Bender posted:

Ortiz doesn't have to stockpile his stuff or worry about testing any more so he went hog wild and is carrying his team to victory. I'm a little sad A-Rod don't do this as well.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Papi for next commissioner

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Timby posted:

Unblock-us worked for me last year

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Ten years ago, one of the best comebacks in baseball history happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ-SHQ3cbKA

I remember listening to this game on MLB audio, back when I had time to watch/listen to almost every game. Being a real adult sucks :(

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think they're blocking unblock us now which both sucks and is ironic

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i assume playoffs games will be OTA broadcast tho right?

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bewbies posted:

I think they're blocking unblock us now which both sucks and is ironic

Netflix is, but MLB.tv still works for me

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

bump_fn posted:

i assume playoffs games will be OTA broadcast tho right?

If you mean like OTA on a TV antenna, that hasn't been the case in quite a long time. Not for the early rounds anyway.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Can someone with DVR grab the drawing ESPN put up at the end of the top of the 3rd of Sanchez in a diaper? It was prime avatar material

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

humpthewind posted:

Can someone with DVR grab the drawing ESPN put up at the end of the top of the 3rd of Sanchez in a diaper? It was prime avatar material

• Locked thread