Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

This is just a suggestion, and if y'all think I'm wrong, it won't hurt my feelings, but:

It might be worth it to make a different referendum on horny posting thread.

The horny posting never offended me, but when it went on for pages, it could make the actual discussion hard to follow. The main topics of this thread are pretty drat important, but the same thing is kind of happening here with all the referendum stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I would argue that even removing horny posts from the equation, that 90% of the content in a live watch discussion on the internet isn’t valuable discussion regardless

in a live watch discussion

on this subforum

on this forum

on the internet

in the world

10% is probably being generous for any of those

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Huntman posted:

Buddy of mine snagged the image and boy, you're not wrong

Who the gently caress still prints CD labels??

Add me to the pile of someone who may have made posts that could make people uncomfortable so I apologize sincerely if that's the case.

The general chat thread has had multiple people make "I don't post much anymore in x thread because I'm uncomfortable" and not much has been done to assuage those concerns. That fact they were further brought to mods and hand waved is pretty troubling.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure I've made a couple remarks about Sonny Kiss's butt in the past. I know for sure I've jokingly posted "horny is prohibited?" before. Either way gonna go ahead and apologize for those and any other similar posts I may have done. My intent was never to make anyone uncomfortable and will not post like that in the future.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Hopkins FBI posted:

He is a gamer, after all. Someone mentioned him as a creep in a response to Big E's tweet from yesterday, but he hasn't been accused of anything specific.

the paige thing happened while he was dating his now wife IIRC, and this is apocryphal but i recall cryptic posts at the time indicating that she was not the first or last time he was foolin around with folks in the locker room. but we know nothing about those events, or if theyre true yet.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The last couple days have been a lot to process. I feel awful for the victims and even worse that I've supported some of these wrestlers. Wrestling has been an escape for me and for a while I was naive enough to think that the industry was on a better path. By now I'm having a hard time even liking it. It feels selfish for me to say it but if anything comes out about any member of Best Friends I think I'm gonna be done with wrestling altogether.

When it comes to posting here I don't do it a whole lot but I've definitely made my share of jokes in poor taste. If anything I've said has made anybody reading this subforum uncomfortable or unwelcome I want to apologize.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
i would also like to see the end of horny posting. sex positivity is one thing, but if we all know this is a sport about attractive people that you might be attracted to, let it just be unsaid. i am not without horny posting sin as i am sure i have joined in on it in some old GDT threads, but i'll be sure to make sure i don't contribute to it at all.

i am honestly wondering if the business aside from WWE survives this. If AEW is fostering sex pests and rapists, how does TNT not pull the plug? This more than just one actor on a show being written off for misconduct. Edit: Removed a since denied rumor.

DeNomolos fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 19, 2020

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

collocation posted:

This is just a suggestion, and if y'all think I'm wrong, it won't hurt my feelings, but:

It might be worth it to make a different referendum on horny posting thread.

The horny posting never offended me, but when it went on for pages, it could make the actual discussion hard to follow. The main topics of this thread are pretty drat important, but the same thing is kind of happening here with all the referendum stuff.

I mean it probably doesn't need its own thread, since right now it seems like people are pretty on board with it. It would likely end up just being a thread of everyone apologizing if they crossed the horny line. If it warrants further, deeper discussion then maybe one of the mods can make an announcement addressing it, but it seems fine still here. It is also honestly a bit of positivity in this thread since people can be a little introspective while it not being wildly off topic

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Hellblazer187 posted:

Why is it necessary though? What does it add to the discussion to talk about how hot someone is or isn't?
This almost feels like a separate topic, wrestling is an aesthetic business and something like assessing someone's haircut or ring gear or just general "X wrestler looks so much cuter now that they're clean shaven" doesn't feel out of bounds for discussion.

At the same time, half a page of :hearteyes: or :heart: DARBY :heart: or whatever whenever someone comes on screen or posts a photo on Instagram, while not violating any boundaries to me, is white noise post as hell. I realize low content posting is basically the coin of the realm in GDTs and honestly in about half of the threads in this subforum, and in my perfect world there also wouldn't be pages of :judas: or whatever else either.

But this is getting into even further backseat modding than anything else in the thread so I will drop it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i would also like to see the end of horny posting. sex positivity is one thing, but if we all know this is a sport about attractive people that you might be attracted to, let it just be unsaid. i am not without horny posting sin as i am sure i have joined in on it in some old GDT threads, but i'll be sure to make sure i don't contribute to it at all.

i am honestly wondering if the business aside from WWE survives this. If AEW is fostering sex pests and rapists, how does TNT not pull the plug? This more than just one actor on a show being written off for misconduct, and if the growing rumors about what actually happened to a talent who left early in the company's history are true, there's no way they keep their TV deal.

Just to say, she's absolutely denied this. It could be that it actually happened, but I don't really think it's appropriate to speculate whether it did or not (even in light of these events) until she says otherwise.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Thinking on it, I think there is value in safe spaces that are places where people can finally talk about the things they find sexy without it becoming an attack. But the sub can't be that because it needs to cater to anyone who might show up (within reason) so no horny or nothing beyond a general "x looks nice in that outfit" feels far more reasonable and right.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

StarkRavingMad posted:

The lawyer's bio says he is also an agent, I bet this is Riddle's agent that he called up and was like "I need an official looking lawyer statement right now"

(edit): hahaha

https://twitter.com/danlaw74/status/1274099334712373249?s=20

Holy poo poo this is a bad lawyer.

"But in all seriousness, your honor: we plead not guilty."

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

I will amend the earlier post, thank you.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

and if the growing rumors about what actually happened to a talent who left early in the company's history are true, there's no way they keep their TV deal.

Can we please not start up the stupid Kylie Rae rumors again? It’s been debunked over, and over, and over again, even by Kylie herself. And it’s extremely irresponsible to suggest something disturbing occurred against all evidence.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Edge & Christian posted:

This almost feels like a separate topic, wrestling is an aesthetic business and something like assessing someone's haircut or ring gear or just general "X wrestler looks so much cuter now that they're clean shaven" doesn't feel out of bounds for discussion.

There's a huge gulf between "holy poo poo John Morrison is shredded, he has gotten in great shape" and "look at those cum gutters 😍😍😍😍"

One of these is fine and the other has absolutely no place being posted anywhere outside of some creepy fan twitter far far away where nobody ever has to read it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

MotU posted:

I mean it probably doesn't need its own thread, since right now it seems like people are pretty on board with it. It would likely end up just being a thread of everyone apologizing if they crossed the horny line. If it warrants further, deeper discussion then maybe one of the mods can make an announcement addressing it, but it seems fine still here. It is also honestly a bit of positivity in this thread since people can be a little introspective while it not being wildly off topic

I think there's an argument for it to be its own thread considering that this thread is about a major issue, but right now I would agree that it's essentially a lighter form of the current topic, and is a conversation that should be had.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/MsLucyOpenshaw/status/1274090839266996224?s=20

https://twitter.com/alexxisfalcon/status/1274099078721347588?s=20

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Huntman posted:

this is really loving funny ahahaa

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Huntman posted:

I am imagining Adrien Brody going around printing this on every surface in the universe to a jaunty tune.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Sugar Blaster posted:

progressive boink. i would assume you contributed to either x-e or w-d?

x-e yeah

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

unless the accusations reach management it will almost certainly not effect AEW’s TV deal, that’s not how these things ever end up working

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gumball Gumption posted:

Thinking on it, I think there is value in safe spaces that are places where people can finally talk about the things they find sexy without it becoming an attack. But the sub can't be that because it needs to cater to anyone who might show up (within reason) so no horny or nothing beyond a general "x looks nice in that outfit" feels far more reasonable and right.

Maybe we should have a hornyposting containment thread where people can talk about sexy to their heart's content and if they do it in other threads people can be like "take it to the horny thread"

like Cornette's thread, but with more butts

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Reddit has fully decided that Matt Riddle can't be guilty of anything because he said he didn't do it. Ghoulish website.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Cabbit posted:

Holy poo poo this is a bad lawyer.

"But in all seriousness, your honor: we plead not guilty."

"We've all had a good laugh here today, but here's what's not funny - rape."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If I was Matt Riddle I'd fire that lawyer

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

History Comes Inside! posted:

There's a huge gulf between "holy poo poo John Morrison is shredded, he has gotten in great shape" and "look at those cum gutters 😍😍😍😍"

One of these is fine and the other has absolutely no place being posted anywhere outside of some creepy fan twitter far far away where nobody ever has to read it.
I agree entirely, I was more talking addressing the valid question of "Why is it necessary though? What does it add to the discussion to talk about how hot someone is or isn't?"

The first comment is in the realm of "how hot someone is or isn't" and I can see why people would question its usefulness or lump it into sexualization chat, but I personally think it falls into "discussing aesthetics in an aesthetic art" in a way that the second comment is absolutely gross.

I think the only person even remotely defending the second comment is currently probated, so consensus would be a large red NO to the second comment, people seem to be questioning the acceptability of the first type.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

where would he find another with such varied stationary though

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Agreed. Being sex positive is absolutely an acceptable attitude but I've realized the forums are not the place and as others have said do not add to the discussion and can veer easily into creepy territory

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

NienNunb posted:

Reddit has fully decided that Matt Riddle can't be guilty of anything because he said he didn't do it. Ghoulish website.

The standards for men are not particularly high.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Was the list fake or was there a schism?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pylons posted:

Was the list fake or was there a schism?

Apparently the lists going around right now are either fake or compiled poorly by a 3rd party.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
OK THIS IS WHAT I WAS THINKING ABOUT WHEN WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THE SUPPOSED TWEET ABOUT HAGER

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

"We've all had a good laugh here today, but here's what's not funny - rape."

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

matt riddle is not very smart

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

I'm trying to put together how someone even has CD label printer sheets anymore, and all I can come up with is the guy's main source of income is selling DVD bootlegs of PPVs.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WatermelonGun posted:

matt riddle is not very smart

Yeah no poo poo

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

MorrisBae posted:

OK THIS IS WHAT I WAS THINKING ABOUT WHEN WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THE SUPPOSED TWEET ABOUT HAGER

I expect AEW will do everything it can to ignore this/protect Jericho. Anyone who was still holding out on them being a non-scummy alternative, prepare yourselves I guess.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

You'd think he'd be rich enough for a better lawyer

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

StarkRavingMad posted:

Maybe we should have a hornyposting containment thread where people can talk about sexy to their heart's content and if they do it in other threads people can be like "take it to the horny thread"

like Cornette's thread, but with more butts

This place already exists, it's called Reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

As a wrestler changes their look, especially as it relates to their character, that's certainly a topic for discussion. Baylee's haircut and Jay White's beard elevate their characters. And anybody getting in better (or worse) shape will impact their performance as a wrestler and I think yeah "wow he/she got in great shape" is fine. But while a haircut or a beard or a fit body might be discussion topics, The horniness you might feel over those things probably isn't a good one.

I dunno. I don't think I horny post but I've definitely horny chatted irl while watching events with friends. But it's gross and objectifying. And I think once you're ok with gross and objectifying, maybe it's not too far from some of the creepy behavior this thread is supposed to be about.