Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fungah! posted:

that's fuckin cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Fungah! posted:

that's fuckin cool

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

trying to jack off posted:

its a nightmare getting all the substories and i had to look up how the whole system worked just to get the one i was missing lol

i grinded out the last few i was missing while i was sick and i don't know if it took 5 minutes or 5 hours but it felt like 5 years either way

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Am I retarded for saving my xp for the XP/Eating boosts? Most certainly, but I am a simple man and if I see xp+ I get it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Am I retarded for saving my xp for the XP/Eating boosts? Most certainly, but I am a simple man and if I see xp+ I get it.

I've been buying XP Boost Skills for minigames I haven't even unlocked yet lol.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the upgrades start getting super expensive later on and the xp boosts from eating and meal combos help alot

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ASenileAnimal posted:

the upgrades start getting super expensive later on and the xp boosts from eating and meal combos help alot

Once I realized you don't need the Bottomless Stomach upgrade to eat at full hp I decided to go all in. I basically eat after every fight now, gimme that orange XP son

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Once I realized you don't need the Bottomless Stomach upgrade to eat at full hp I decided to go all in. I basically eat after every fight now, gimme that orange XP son

everything i read about this series makes me love it more and confirms that it is going to kill me, lol. if i make it past Space Harrier and whatnot it's going to be hard not to dive straight into kiwami 1 once i finish 0

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Dont worry if you think you are missing mini games because when it comes time to gain Haruka's trust, you'll be hitting every loving thing.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

yea that's cool.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Welcome to The Zone.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Had a bunch of pages to catch up on because i forgot about this thread but lmfao at bob learning about masculinity from yakuza 0

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

IGgy IGsen posted:

yea that's cool.

American McGay posted:

Welcome to The Zone.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

wellcume 2 imp zone

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Fungah! posted:

wellcume 2 imp zone

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fungah! posted:

wellcume 2 imp zone

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

to save you the nightmare i went through, theres a unique good date and a bad date for each colour

lol. it took me longer than i'd like to admit to learn what this meant. even with this, it seems like you have a 50/50 shot of getting the one you're missing on any given one, though.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
1/3, actually, 'cause there's one bad date that can spawn on every colour.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

1/3, actually, 'cause there's one bad date that can spawn on every colour.

oh. haha.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

wellcume 2 imp zone

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

finally finished off bowling (i still need like 1 million more yen from split bowling but i'll knock that out tomorrow). lmao at the turkey prize.

next time i think i can finish the catfights and then move on to the baseball challenge. at about 50 percent with the media king but boy do his properties get to S rank slowwwwwwwwwwly.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I’m on a boat!

Edit: oh poo poo not anymore :aaa:

Fortaleza fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 1, 2021

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the batting mini game is hard but I'm done with the story part of the real estate at least. it's good that the reward is something you can spend all your newfound billions on.

might take a baseball break tomorrow night for some fishing if I can figure out how to do it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

does having a huge negative number on that summary screen do anything bad. i tanked mine singlehandedly playing the 5 million yen baseball mini game over and over again and whispering swears at the tv.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i was so bad at the baseball game

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i quit baseball in junior year of high school because i hated the coach but when i was playing i was always 4th in the lineup because i was the best hitter, ever since i was a kid. i didnt play at all from ages like 17-27 and then i went to a batting cage expecting to show off and i hit maybe 3 total even on the slow setting lol and it was super embarrassing and humbling. anyway the yakuza minigame made me feel like that but in a video game so i hate it

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I don't know how you're playing the game, but I've heard Keyboard/Mouse is a bit easier when it comes to baseball minigames in Yakuza

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Plebian Parasite posted:

I don't know how you're playing the game, but I've heard Keyboard/Mouse is a bit easier when it comes to baseball minigames in Yakuza

i'm on ps4 unfortunately. i don't have trouble lining up the shot at all, i just suck at the timing. i know you can look at kiryu for help but for some reason that throws me off more.

a Loving Dog posted:

i quit baseball in junior year of high school because i hated the coach but when i was playing i was always 4th in the lineup because i was the best hitter, ever since i was a kid. i didnt play at all from ages like 17-27 and then i went to a batting cage expecting to show off and i hit maybe 3 total even on the slow setting lol and it was super embarrassing and humbling. anyway the yakuza minigame made me feel like that but in a video game so i hate it

lol, i only played until i was 12. i was very bad at everything because i am stereoblind, but one game, the pitcher hit me with the ball three times in a row and the coach made a thinking-real-hard face and then hunkered down and really seriously said to me "okay. i'm gonna level with you here. you're a terrible batter. here's what you're going to do from now on. just stand there and get hit by the ball. you're like a ball magnet, it heads right for your face, it's amazing. so just stand there. don't swing at all." and that's what i did. suddenly, i was great at getting on base, and i was actually pretty good at running for my age, so i could steal bases a lot of the time.

the kids on the team nicknamed me Statue, and that made me even better, because i'd get up to the plate and they'd all yell "Sta-TUE! Sta-TUE! sta-TUE!!" and i'd glare at the pitcher intimidatingly. at 12, all the pitchers were like "drat, this dude has a nickname and everything! look at the icy glare!!" and it would gently caress them up, so i'd basically always walk, usually from getting beaned. eventually my team wasn't allowed to cheer anymore (we had a gustavo on our team, and every time he got up to bat we'd yell "Goose!!" and make loud honking noises until the other parents complained), and suddenly i was just a bad player, so i quit.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

i'm on ps4 unfortunately. i don't have trouble lining up the shot at all, i just suck at the timing. i know you can look at kiryu for help but for some reason that throws me off more.

lol, i only played until i was 12. i was very bad at everything because i am stereoblind, but one game, the pitcher hit me with the ball three times in a row and the coach made a thinking-real-hard face and then hunkered down and really seriously said to me "okay. i'm gonna level with you here. you're a terrible batter. here's what you're going to do from now on. just stand there and get hit by the ball. you're like a ball magnet, it heads right for your face, it's amazing. so just stand there. don't swing at all." and that's what i did. suddenly, i was great at getting on base, and i was actually pretty good at running for my age, so i could steal bases a lot of the time.

the kids on the team nicknamed me Statue, and that made me even better, because i'd get up to the plate and they'd all yell "Sta-TUE! Sta-TUE! sta-TUE!!" and i'd glare at the pitcher intimidatingly. at 12, all the pitchers were like "drat, this dude has a nickname and everything! look at the icy glare!!" and it would gently caress them up, so i'd basically always walk, usually from getting beaned. eventually my team wasn't allowed to cheer anymore (we had a gustavo on our team, and every time he got up to bat we'd yell "Goose!!" and make loud honking noises until the other parents complained), and suddenly i was just a bad player, so i quit.
Hahaha what the gently caress

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The balls always arrive the same way, in the same order, so it's just about learning the pattern. If you imagine the grid is a numpad, you can use numbers to help you remember the locations.

Normal 5
Fast 1
Fast 6
Slow 7
Normal 3

etc.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

well that explains the dreams

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

well that explains the dreams

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

The balls always arrive the same way, in the same order, so it's just about learning the pattern. If you imagine the grid is a numpad, you can use numbers to help you remember the locations.

Normal 5
Fast 1
Fast 6
Slow 7
Normal 3

etc.

the locations never give me trouble, you can line up the shot in advance and just hold it there. i think the timing for the 5 mill one is just fast, fast, fast, slow, fast (that's as far as i've gotten), i just have to get better at it.

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Fairly sure I heard Yakuza sidequest music playing as I read this post

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Fairly sure I heard Yakuza sidequest music playing as I read this post

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kiryu: Hm. I see. But even though your nickname no longer gives you an advantage, that's no reason to quit. I can't say I know much about stereo blindness, but your team is counting on you. Practice and hard work coukd improve your stance, and some day you may get a new nickname, maybe one that is less openly insulting.

Gustavo: Hey! Are you trying to get Statue back on the team? Are you trying to make us lose? Get the bats, everyone. It's time to give this loser the Minor League welcome!

*Threatening Foreigners*