Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Mediocre Jinzo? Why not replace him with Fortress Whale? That'll learn him.
Bring out Joey, Tea, and Tristan. Go ahead and move Sanga and Suijin as you said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013
Man, I can't believe I caught up to the thread before the end. I get to vote/be in the safari too? Hot Dog!

Well, let me throw in my 2 cents....

MelvinBison posted:

Mediocre Jinzo? Why not replace him with Fortress Whale? That'll learn him.
I concur.

Drop the deadweight (according to FBK at least) Jinzo, for the Fortress Whale
Swap Man Eater Bug for Shimon's Beaver Warrior
and Sanga for Dark Elf

Members to bring? I say Tea, Mai, and Shimon.

Safari? How about.... ohhh i don't know, 2.
At the fork, and in the town to the south

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

Let's go forward with Team Friendship: Joey, Tea, and Tristan

That town seems out of the way and I honestly can't think of a better place :shrug:.

Lets go with this with a additional must have a specific monster on the safari because we've only seen one and I don't care about winning. :cheeky:

Chaeden fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 23, 2013

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Hyperman1992 posted:

Man, I can't believe I caught up to the thread before the end. I get to vote/be in the safari too? Hot Dog!

Well, let me throw in my 2 cents....

I concur.

Drop the deadweight (according to FBK at least) Jinzo, for the Fortress Whale
Swap Man Eater Bug for Shimon's Beaver Warrior
and Sanga for Dark Elf

Members to bring? I say Tea, Mai, and Shimon.

This. Not voting on the monster because I've recently replayed the whole game.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Drop Tristan's Penguin Soldier for Fizdiz's Man-Eater Bug and swap out Summoned Skull for Suijin. We're probably not going to use Shimon unless he is required for some future mission, and Man-Eater Bug seems to still be a pretty good monster. Summoned Skull ain't hot poo poo in this game and swapping him out for Suijin probably won't hurt Tristan too much while we wait for the Gate Guardian.

Sanga should be swapped in in place of Tea's Megami. We're still training the Dark Elf for her fusion with the Mystic Elf (right?), so she should stay. Per your words, Dancing Elf is too good to swap out at the moment.

Megami can stay on Shimon's team in place of his Beaver Warrior until the Gate Guardian is completed. If we are forced to use Shimon in the future, lets power up some of good monsters while we are at it.

Esper Roba would appreciate Summoned Skull in place of Jinzo. I think. He appears to be slightly stronger and not complete trash.

Fizdiz will officially be B-Team with Beaver Warrior, Robotic Knight, Jinzo. She should only be used if you for some reason you can't complete a mission with Yugi, Mai, Joey, Tristan, Shimon, Bakura, or Esper Roba.

Edit: Oh, and Tristan, Mai, and Tea for this mission. Tea and Tristan will be training our fusion materials, and Mai needs to feed her pet dragon.

GrizzlyCow fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 23, 2013

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012
Seeings as Jinzo is half the Japanese word for android does that make the international version of the monster a cyborg?

lovely word observations aside, I would like to see what Fortress Whale is like because he's the first ritual monster we have gotten. Replace Jinzo as he will make up for the machine quota, even though Fortress Whale is a Fish type in the card game (which is also wrong seeings as it is a whale).

Take Mai, Tea, and Tristan.

I'm going with one monster for finishing the level.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mai, Joey, Tea.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Bring Tea, Joey, Mai.

Get rid of Stuffed Animal, and give Bakura his Man-eater Bug.

Give Sanga to Tea in place of Dark Elf, and switch Dark Elf to Tristan in place of Summoned Skull, and give him Suijin in place of Penguin Soldier.

The Illusory Gentleman is far too awesome not to be used, so shift him in where appropriate.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He duels twice in the series. Once against Joey before that whole Dungeon Dice Monsters thing where he uses Gradius, and again in the filler arc against the Big Five.

To be thoroughly pedantic Otogi has a third duel in a filler arc against Varon, and in that one he teams up with Rebecca Hawkins. I'm not surprised you don't remember it because it was completely irrelevant to the plot.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
It's loving Jinzo, let Espa keep his signature monster. Take out the Giant Mech Soldier if you're gonna give him Fortress Whale.

Sanga to Tea in place of Megumi Longname. Suijin to Tristan in place of your pick.

Bring Tristan, Tea and Mako.

Monster behind the enemy town just because.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Huh, I am running two threads, aren't I? Well now that a certain other project is taken care of, we should probably get back to work on this.

So let's see, we're bringing Tea, Joey, Tristan, and Mai, Sanga is replacing Gyakutenno Megami over Dark Elf by a single vote, Suijin's going over to Tristan (probably to replace Summoned Skull), and Jinzo's getting the boot for Fortress Whale. Right? Right.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I would not have figured Ogre Battle for a Yugioh game, but here we are nonetheless. The small number of available units makes individual battles seem a lot more important than overall strategy, except in gimmick missions like the rush to save the rebel base.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Glazius posted:

I would not have figured Ogre Battle for a Yugioh game, but here we are nonetheless. The small number of available units makes individual battles seem a lot more important than overall strategy, except in gimmick missions like the rush to save the rebel base.

Basically, one unit can solo any non-gimmick map. If you camp in the starting base with some fortifications, you can grind out the opponents, and then just march on the same path they took to get to you in order to keep shutting them down on your way.

That is the exact wrong way to play though, since it's very slow and pretty boring.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

With imperial forces across the Empire spread thin to quell many revolts, Yugi sees an opportunity. Yugi decides to set up a base camp for his attack on the capital by taking over the supply base at Anker-Hill.

Anker-Hill is defended by a unit of magicians, led by the powerful Arkana. They give Yugi and the resistance one of their toughest fights yet. But just as Yugi is about to throw everything he has at the enemy to break the stalemate, he gets some unexpected news.

"Arkana's unit is here! And the Dark Magician has been spotted in the enemy unit!"

So two things here. One, I never really noticed just how schizophrenic FBK's writing is. It can't seem to decide if these pre-chapter blurbs are a historical, retrospective kind of thing (like it was written by someone looking back and describing what happened before the battle) or it's supposed to be being written in real time. On one hand you have stuff like the above passage which seems to suggest a more historical approach, but then there's poo poo like a line I cut in one of the Joey chapters that goes like "A huge battle is about to begin, and no one has any idea how it's going to end!" :downs:

Actually, now that you’ve pointed it out... Guess the writers weren’t really communicating with one another.

Perhaps more importantly, the second point is something along the lines of "Well, gently caress." The Dark Magician is strong enough in Yugi's hands, we really don't need to throw down with one.

But first, some roster moves and upgrades(?).

Why don't we determine who his true master should be right now?

It's nice to be back in a normal chapter after the last few gimmicky ones. This is spellcaster country, and the conga line features pretty much every spellcaster in the game, which I think is a nice touch. At any rate, we have six dudes coming at us and Tristan, Bakura, and Espa all have some monsters looking for some experience, so we'll send them off to Twin-Rivers. Tea's off to Sunny-Plane in the southeast, but that's all she'll be contributing this chapter.

Fittingly, we can pick up more Book of Secret Arts here, so I grab a pair of them.

There’s a fair number of good spellcasters, so more BoSA are generally a worthwhile purchase.

Also, note that the town is ‘rebellious’ and offering the lowest level of healing for us. Lousy ingrates.

Espa's the least in need of experience, so we'll have him start off and give the rest to Tristan/Bakura.

Oh for gently caress's-

...Well that was underwhelming.

So yes, meet the Gemini Elves. Individually, they're both pretty terrible. Together...yeah, they're still pretty terrible. Their special is pretty weak for a two-monster special, and this is compounded by both of them being fragile as hell, so it's really easy to disrupt this combo.

Well worth making this special one of the last few you could possibly use, then. :v:

Okay, it's not funny anymore game. Espa's going to have to pull back, because there's no way he's taking a full-strength team right after this.

The game can be mean sometimes! Not often, but sometimes.

Emergency Tag, go!

Sure, Swordsman from a Foreign Land is carrying the poo poo out of this team. But is that really something to complain about? :v:

Our Gemini Elf friend comes back, but he swiftly gets squashed.

Two new monsters in this one, both of which I forgot to check their stats. The robed gentleman in the center is Invitation to a Dark Sleep, and the lovable little fellow in the upper right is Saggi the Dark Clown.

Fans of the show may recognise Saggi as one of Kaiba’s signature monsters, specifically the one he likes to use with Crush Card Virus.

Both Phantom Dewan and Saggi have gently caress-all HP, so they get swept away first. Also, despite being called "Sleep Wave", his attack is neither a wave, nor does it inflict sleep. It paralyzes, which effectively does the same thing, so there's no need for an actual "sleep" ailment. Expect to see them pull that trick quite a few times over the course of the game.

Suijin picked up 10 levels, so I think Tristan's okay for this chapter. Time to switch in Bakura.

The next guy has the same team. No points for guessing what happens.

Can't complain about more AP, though. Bakura certainly has enough of it with Man-Eater Bug on his team now.

The final set of dudes are rockin' an Illusory Gentleman and a pair of Zombie Warriors. Nothing too dangerous.

Their Gentleman is nowhere near being able to inflict Blind on anybody, thankfully.

And when I'm almost done fixing up Espa, the last guy sneaks in. Oh well, Bakura will have to hold back a bit.

While it was extremely tempting to just wipe these fuckers out, we have to save something for Espa.

Espa, Joey, and Yugi start heading for Arkana's castle. For the love of god, do not send Yugi in there first, no matter how appropriate it would be.

I support that recommendation 100%. :suicide:

Yeah Espa, you show those two really weak skeletons who's boss.

I am the true master of Dark Magician. Come fight me, Yugi, and see for yourself! It will be my pleasure to show you his limitless potential!

Oh jesus christ what the gently caress Konami :supaburn:

You can almost hear the evil laughter.

So say hello to what the Dark Magician is eventually going to be. If that's not terrifying enough, he's packing three Raigekis, a single use L5 Spell that does massive damage to the entire enemy team. He will eat your teams alive with it, and when it runs out, he'll settle for only doing 500-600 damage per attack five times a fight.

And for those who are wondering who this guy is and why he has a palette-swap Dark Magician... Well, he’s another of Yugi’s Battle City opponents. He shackled Yugi and himself in place during the duel while ‘dark energy discs’ threatened to send the loser’s soul to the shadow realm.
This was blatant censorship of the real threat, taking a buzzsaw to the ankles. Arkana is a nutcase.

And here's Invitation to a Dark Sleep's stats, if not his abilities. They're not very impressive aside from AP, but they don't have to be when they're paired with the Dark Magician.

They’re one of those monsters that needs a little work to be useful.

So yeah, Phase 1 of this fight is burning up Arkana's Raigekis, and doing as much damage to Dark Magician as we can in the process.

The alternative is to try throwing Mai at him for a stunlock victory, but that only works if you want the Harpies to get all the experience.

It’s also very luck-dependent. I did exactly that in my practice run and wiped Arkana out in a single round of combat, but I got insanely lucky with paralysis. If you don’t get the first attack, you get Raigeki-d. If Dark Magician breaks out of paralysis in the middle of things? Raigeki. And the Harpies will be lucky to survive more than one hit after a Raigeki.

Red-Eyes MVP forever for eating not one, but two Raigekis and still trucking along.

Our very own flying dragon tank. Cooler than somebody’s dragon jet.

While I could have killed the Dark Magician, he's out of Raigekis. I'll roll the dice with Yugi getting the first move.

So Arkana, I understand you wanted a fight with Yugi?

Well, you're about to get one.

He didn't even get a turn.

Amusingly, the duel with Arkana is DMG’s first appearance in the show.

And boy are L99 monsters worth some experience. That was three levels a piece for the highest-level marshal and monsters in my entire army.

Mmm, lovely.

KEEEYAAARRGGHH! This can't be happening! Not to me! My body! It's fading! I'm fading away...!

How could Scott do that to one of his own characters? He's merciless!

Now who's the master of the Dark Magician? :smug:

The real Arkana didn’t fare much better than this one.

-----

Chapters 13-16 Animations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOyrwkx8jho

Music: The Beastly Badlands (Makhad: Night)

Flavor Text

Shadow-Forest - This post station is located next to the dark woods. It's well known as the starting point for horseback mail.

Twin-Rivers - This trading base handles river transports. The place near this town where the river splits is known as "Twin-Rivers".

Sunny-Plane - This prosperous agricultural city is located at the edge of the great plains, and is often referred to as a food depot for Sygh-Varths.

Anker-Hill - This large military base is where the goods of the empire are accumulated. It's the center of activity on the trade route.

Artix fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 4, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I love how Yugi never fails to be surprised by the bad guys killing their henchmen.

Or maybe he's just surprised that no one gives enough of a crap about Arkana to not kill him.

Incidentally, is it just me or does it look like his eyes are going opposite directions?

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 4, 2013

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I love how Yugi never fails to be surprised by the bad guys killing their henchmen.

Or maybe he's just surprised that no one gives enough of a crap about Arkana to not kill him.

Incidentally, is it just me or does it look like his eyes are going opposite directions?

...dammit, now I can't unsee it.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's not just you.

And while we're talking about arcana's wonky portrait, I'm pretty sure one of his eyes is both larger and slightly higher than the other.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Photoshoppers, start your engines. I want that mask on Egbert pronto.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I like to imagine he's throwing a temper tantrum, going all 'No fair, I wanted to be the one to kill him!' :allears:

Artix posted:

The real Arkana didn’t fare much better than this one.

To put it mildly.

Getting his rear end handed to him as a direct result of his lack of placing value in his cards? Bad.

Very nearly getting at least one of his legs cut off by buzzsaw (and only being saved by a timely intervention by regular Yugi, since Yami would've been perfectly content to leave him to his fate) in the manga? Worse.

Having pre-Yami'd Marik go out of his way to stir up any suicidal urges Arkana had ever had in his life as soon as he'd come to after passing out to ensure he'd off himself? :v:

On another thought... At this point, I'm going to guess we're going to have a :airquote:tag team:airquote: battle in the coming future involving Lumis and Umbra, since they're the only two major Rare Hunters we've yet to see.

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012
That seemed like an unfair boss fight if you didn't know it was coming.

I think if you read the introduction from the perspective that Yugi and co are fighting before the mission starts and you only see the end of the battle, it makes it a little more coherent. Something along the line of "we thought that the game was going to be bigger but we ran out of time and put in throw-away lines to cover it up."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Raitzeno posted:

Photoshoppers, start your engines. I want that mask on Egbert pronto.

Here ya go

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Blue Ghost posted:

That seemed like an unfair boss fight if you didn't know it was coming.

To be fair, you can check enemy teams from the Icon menu, so you can see well in advance that he has a L99 Dark Magician and all those Raigekis. You don't necessarily know what the game means by "massive" damage, but it's a pretty safe assumption that whoever goes in there is going to get hosed up.

E: Unrelated, but I'm in the process of updating the mechanics post with lists of monster and marshal abilities, so if you're ever unsure on what something does, you can check it there (or yell at me if I forgot to add it to the list there).

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

A level 99 boss?! :psypop:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that one of the programmers hated children.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

A level 99 boss?! :psypop:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that one of the programmers hated children.

Well, the way combat and numbers in this game work, level 99 doesn't mean too much if it's not a single fight. (Like summoned Skull's recruitment) since you can zerg rush an opponent while picking off the weakest members in the enemy party.3 on 1, any normal monster is shockingly easy to beat, no matter how powerful. I think there are... 5 monsters that can qualify as "boss level" where being outnumbered makes it fair instead of one-sided.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Ah yes, Invitation to a Dark Sleep. They had to stick him all the way at the end of the game because of how freakishly great he is. I remember using him and just destroying everything without even trying . Good thing Arkana didn't have one of those at level 99.

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012

Artix posted:

To be fair, you can check enemy teams from the Icon menu, so you can see well in advance that he has a L99 Dark Magician and all those Raigekis.

That seems like it would be really useful if the monsters had strengths and weaknesses that could be exploited (sadly that doesn't seem to be the case), but it is nice that you aren't left clueless to really strong enemies.

TheFattestPat posted:

Ah yes, Invitation to a Dark Sleep. They had to stick him all the way at the end of the game because of how freakishly great he is. I remember using him and just destroying everything without even trying . Good thing Arkana didn't have one of those at level 99.

Invitation to a Dark Sleep sounds a lot like his card, in that as long as it's on the field then the monster you select cannot attack.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Blue Ghost posted:

Invitation to a Dark Sleep sounds a lot like his card, in that as long as it's on the field then the monster you select cannot attack.

It's only appearance was in the manga actually, when that same duel was adapted into the anime Kaiba used a different and similarly junky card in roughly the same capacity.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Dark Magician #2 is pretty much exactly that. He gets the same stats and abilities at the same levels as Dark Magician, with the only difference being a new attack animation and the palette swap. This does mean that we could equip Yugi with two Dark Magicians and the Dark Magician Girl for what would probably be the second most broken team in the game, but in the interest of team diversity, I'm going to preemptively veto it. That said, he'll be hanging out in the reserves, so we could theoretically have two people with Dark Magicians running around.

For those who haven’t been watching the animation videos or who just can’t remember, Dark Magician shoots a bunch of little purple blasts at the enemy. #2 focuses it all into one big :fuckoff: laser.

Also, just because I know how much everyone loves him, Kuriboh finally got the Lucky ability. While he's still going to die if he gets looked at funny, at least he has a pretty reasonable chance to dodge things now.

Lucky does have a noticeable effect, which is nice. It can sometimes be hard to tell with these sorts of abilities.

So as I mentioned last time, we're more or less going to be deciding endgame teams over the next couple chapters, and the first part of that is deciding who our final marshals are going to be. The endgame allows for 8, so either Fizdis or Shimon is going to be joining Mako on the bench of shame for good. That said, we could pretty easily get away with 7, so if we're at the point where we're okay with forgoing team votes unless the limit is lower than usual, I'm okay with just running Yugi and friends (minus Mako) every mission. If you object to this, now would be the time to speak up.

For reference, this is where everyone stands right now:

Yugi
Dark Magician Girl - 1457 HP, 3571/2767 (Book of Secret Arts), 4 AP, Night
Dark Magician - 1688 HP, 4078/3188 (Book of Secret Arts), 4 AP, Night
Kuriboh - 795 HP, 4266/1167 (3x Multiply), 4 AP, Night, Lucky

Espa Roba
Giant Mech-Soldier - 1439 HP, 2426/2559, 3 AP, Road
Cyber Saurus - 1280 HP, 2425/2003, 3 AP, Road, Wasteland
Fortress Whale - 1306 HP, 2774/2574, 2 AP, Water

Joey
Panther Warrior - 1598 HP, 3524/2623 (Legendary Sword), 6 AP, Field
Red-Eyes Black Metal - 2068 HP, 3347/2938, 6 AP, Road
Flame Swordsman - 1334 HP, 3712/2992 (Legendary Sword), 4 AP, Field, Castle

Tristan
Suijin - 1504 HP, 3139/2541 (Silver Bow and Arrow), 2 AP
Swordsman from a Foreign Land - 1098 HP, 2757/1780 (2x Legendary Sword), 6 AP, Road, Castle
Summoned Skull - 1657 HP, 3122/1812, 2 AP, Night

Bakura
Neck Hunter - 1318 HP, 2995/2622 (Black Pendant), 4 AP, Night
Ansatsu - 1053 HP, 2890/1925 (Legendary Sword), 5 AP, Castle
Man-Eater Bug - 1070 HP, 2848/1982 (2x Beast Fangs), 6 AP, Forest

Tea
Sanga of the Thunder - 1551 HP, 3422/2524 (Silver Bow and Arrow), 3 AP
Dancing Elf - 1104 HP, 1337/1244, 7 AP
Dark Elf - 1215 HP, 3022/1333 (Book of Secret Arts), 4 AP, Night

Mai
Harpie's Pet Dragon - 1806 HP, 3209/3688, 6 AP, Mountain
Harpie Lady (Airo) - 1295 HP, 3104/2748 (Cyber Shield, Electro Whip), 8 AP
Harpie Lady (Ocupete) - 1416 HP, 2895/2983, 8 AP

Monster Reserves
Celtic Guardian - 988 HP, 1816/1600, 4 AP, Road-Adept, Green Orb
Beast of Gilfer - 1200 HP, 2200/2500, 2 AP, Night-Adept, Dark Red Orb
Curse of Dragon - 1343 HP, 2434/1944, 2 AP, Mountain-Adept, Yellow Orb
Robotic Knight - 1356 HP, 2222/2394, 3 AP, Dark Purple Orb
Aqua Dragon - 1300 HP, 2250/1900, 2 AP, Water-Adept, Blue Orb
Dark Magician #2 - 1200 HP, 2500/2100, 2 AP, Purple Orb
The Illusory Gentleman - 1553 HP, 3116/3240, 7 AP, Night, Yellow Orb
Blackland Fire Dragon - 1492 HP, 2857/2187, 5 AP, Night, Gray Orb

Teams will be set in stone after the Chapter 18 vote, so think long and hard about who's worth keeping and who could use an upgrade.

We're on our way to the capital for a showdown with Scott (for real this time), but we seem to have gotten lost and taken the scenic route by mistake. This map is under Multiple Monster Rules. This means that there is at least one monster to find. Good luck!

Hmm... What kind of monsters would be hiding in a big ol’ forest like this?

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

I'm going to go crazy and cover ALL of the bases. Everything. Plus, they make a cool arrow.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Give Fizdis the second Dark Magician, just for the hell of it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What are everyone's orb-gimmick-thing colors, again? We should give Dark Magician #2 to whoever's the nearest match.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Lizard Wizard posted:

What are everyone's orb-gimmick-thing colors, again? We should give Dark Magician #2 to whoever's the nearest match.

I'm at work at the moment so don't take these as gospel or anything, but Joey is orange, Bakura is purple, Tristan and Mako are blue, Mai is pink, Shimon is brown, Fizdis is yellow, Tea is like a white-ish yellow, and Espa is green? Bakura is definitely the closest, but he doesn't really need the help.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
DM2 to Bakura in lieu of Neck Hunter.
I've never done this part without putting DM in Yugi's Team.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Somewhere in between towns for monsters this time.

Also, don't bench Mako, bench Fizdis and Shimon. Go Team Not-Just-This-Game characters.

And give Bakura DM2 since they match colors well enough.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Send Dark Magician #2 to Bakura instead of Neck Hunter, send Neck Hunter to Tristan in place of Summoned Skull.

Skully is kind of dead weight, (and since we've got REBMD we can't get his fusion anyway) and Tristan already has Suijin weighing him down.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Kind of fitting that all Yugi's monsters wind up with Night-Adept. Shadow games ahoy!

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Send Dark Magician #2 to Bakura instead of Neck Hunter, send Neck Hunter to Tristan in place of Summoned Skull.

That.

In terms of locations? hmm.... how about here, here, and this town?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Basic insect (and maybe some buddies with it?) between the top left and center forest.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

A single monster at the end of the stage. At this point, I think Konami is trying to lull you into a false sense of security and make you forget about wandering monsters so it can unload five or ten of them in the very last stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012

Nobody has taken Five monster so this is my guess. They clearly surrounded the enemy's main base with all the monsters.

Give Dark Magician #2 to Bakura instead of Man-Eater Bug and then Man-Eater Bug to Tristan in place of Summoned Skull.

• Locked thread