Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Maybe it's because the team's main striker is now broken until the new year. Hardly bizarre at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

blue footed boobie posted:

Yeah, it's absolutely bizarre if true. Saying we don't need a striker all summer only to do a desperation bid for a player who's been available all summer with 48 hours left in the transfer window. What the poo poo.

Vegetable posted:

Maybe it's because the team's main striker is now broken until the new year. Hardly bizarre at all.

Goddamn Vegetable

Remy makes perfect sense when you just find out your main (and realistically only) striker is injured for the next 3 months. Who else are you going to get? Falcao is going to Madrid, we've signed Balotelli... there's not many other decent attackers left.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

WHAT could have happened between then and now. Hm. As always, only Wenger Knows.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

Could have been done a week ago. Still bizarre IMO.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

Could have been done a week ago. Still bizarre IMO.
The injury analysis literally came out three days ago

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

The injury analysis literally came out three days ago

Wenger announced it on Wednesday. It was known since like Monday, and it's still weird as hell because Wenger adamantly said he didn't want a striker after that

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Wenger always chats a load of bollocks when it comes to transfers, it's basically his thing.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wenger pretty much just confirmed there's been approaches for Campbell for loan or purchase but they've all been turned down.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-joel-campbell-not-4135059

quote:

Wenger, who hasĀ lost injured striker Olivier Giroud for three months, said: “We have had a lot of offers for Joel and have turned them all down.
“There are plenty of clubs – I don’t know exactly how many because once I said to my assistants, ‘He will not go out on loan’, if somebody calls them they don’t even tell me any more because, when I say no, it’s no.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Looks like Remy could learn a few things from Wenger.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

drat good joke dude.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

corpuscollossus posted:

Alessio Cerci has been left out of the Torino squad and says he's leaving, with Arsenal chasing apparently. Is he good?

Yes, he's a fast goal scoring winger that is great at creating chances. But he's very much a winger, not a striker.

corpuscollossus posted:

:agreed:

Rabiot is close to signing for Roma as the fat waiter trolls Arsene again

The fat waiter manages Napoli :eng101:

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

The fat waiter manages Napoli :eng101:

I will never recover from this.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
THis is the weirdest, most insane transfer window and I loving love it

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Wenger clearly waiting on Benzema :unsmith:

BBC Gossip has Arsenal linked with Torino's Cerci who was left out of yesterday's line up, and Caught Offside (lol) claiming we're prepared to pay £27m for Schniederlin.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

Alex_R posted:

THis is the weirdest, most insane transfer window and I loving love it

Doesn't beat Torres for £50 million and Carroll for £35.012000 window imo.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Lofty132 posted:

Wenger clearly waiting on Benzema :unsmith:

BBC Gossip has Arsenal linked with Torino's Cerci who was left out of yesterday's line up, and Caught Offside (lol) claiming we're prepared to pay £27m for Schniederlin.

I think you'd have to pay more than that for schniederlin now, Southampton really don't want to sell him.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Tim Allen as Arsene Wenger in The Release Clause, coming this summer.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Think Falcao is gonna join Man City today. All the Spanish journos are writing that the whole tweet and sponsor thing has been pushed by Jorge Mendes (although Balague keeps saying that Man City has no interest in him as well)

Good piece here

http://www.elconfidencial.com/depor...o-perez_182442/

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Total Meatlove posted:

I think you'd have to pay more than that for schniederlin now, Southampton really don't want to sell him.

Out of all the Southampton players he was the one I wanted most of all. Him and Henderson in the midfield would win all the balls. It doesn't surprise me that he's the player they have put up the most fight with.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Hegay posted:

Think Falcao is gonna join Man City today. All the Spanish journos are writing that the whole tweet and sponsor thing has been pushed by Jorge Mendes (although Balague keeps saying that Man City has no interest in him as well)

Good piece here

http://www.elconfidencial.com/depor...o-perez_182442/

I very much refuse to believe this - its loving insanity

are they just spurring on Madrid to buy him?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Ewar Woowar posted:

Out of all the Southampton players he was the one I wanted most of all. Him and Henderson in the midfield would win all the balls. It doesn't surprise me that he's the player they have put up the most fight with.

They're sat on a pile of money from the other transfers as well, they're not exactly hurting and I think that the intent it would show would mean their fans would revolt if Schneiderlin went.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Kalou to Hertha is a done deal.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
#AFC haven't met Remy release clause but are in conversations with #QPR about rivalling #CFC for him - IF they let a forward go #bbcfootball

#AFC have dropped Remy interest. Enquired but no longer pursuing. Currently not close to any signings before deadline #QPR #CFC #bbcfootball

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

not not luvd posted:

#AFC haven't met Remy release clause but are in conversations with #QPR about rivalling #CFC for him - IF they let a forward go #bbcfootball

#AFC have dropped Remy interest. Enquired but no longer pursuing. Currently not close to any signings before deadline #QPR #CFC #bbcfootball

:shepspends:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

not not luvd posted:

Is Podolski likely to leave? If him and Campbell stay then you guys still have a few options while Giroud is out.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Ewar Woowar posted:

Is Podolski likely to leave? If him and Campbell stay then you guys still have a few options while Giroud is out.

Yes, bad ones

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

the sex ghost posted:

Tim Allen as Arsene Wenger in The Release Clause, coming this summer.

lol

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Ewar Woowar posted:

On the Arseblog it was claimed he has been uploading pictures to his Instagram that appear to be in Germany, though it's unclear if they were taken recently or not. Which is about on par with UniLad as a transfer source.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
To sign Falcao, we'd have to sell Negredo who has a broken foot, so I don't see how feasible that is at all really

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Virgil Van Dijk was left out of the Celtic squad for today's match, he's probably moving to an EPL team.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Her Dryer posted:

Virgil Van Dijk was left out of the Celtic squad for today's match, he's probably moving to an EPL team.

lol if this is who United spend a further 30m on

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

TheGoatFeeder posted:

To sign Falcao, we'd have to sell Negredo who has a broken foot, so I don't see how feasible that is at all really

Even so I don't get the Falcao to Man City rumours. It's not like you're missing strikers. All Spanish papers are reporting that Ancelotti doesn't want Falcao because Benzema fits perfect with Ronaldo/Bale and Falcao is too good a player to keep on the bench.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

When is the deadline?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Adnar posted:

When is the deadline?

Tomorrow midnight CET, 11pm UK (bit earlier for some of the other leagues)

e: Think the Ligue 1 window closes earlier but I think that only concerns players coming in, not leaving

Hegay fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Aug 31, 2014

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

TheGoatFeeder posted:

http://www.marca.com/2014/08/31/futbol/equipos/valencia/1409477858.html

Hmmm

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hegay posted:

Tomorrow midnight CET, 11pm UK (bit earlier for some of the other leagues)

e: Think the Ligue 1 window closes earlier but I think that only concerns players coming in, not leaving

Thank gently caress.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Nearly time for the Winter Window Transfer Rumours Thread then.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

corpuscollossus posted:

Nearly time for the Winter Window Transfer Rumours Thread then.

I heard Ronald was going back to Utd?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Apparently Kagawa is (stomach) pumped that he's going back to Dortmund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Modus Trollens posted:

I heard Ronald was going back to Utd?