Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
If she's only bailing on indie dates that sounds like she got signed doesn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Karmine posted:

If she's only bailing on indie dates that sounds like she got signed doesn't it?

No. WWE generally lets talents finish up dates. And she was apparently injured at the UK tapings last weekend. Also WWE has a good relationship with some of the indies she's missing dates from, like wXw and PROGRESS.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Could be them mandating she takes time off so she's able to do Evolution.

Otherwise who'd be the alternate? Meiko?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

Could be them mandating she takes time off so she's able to do Evolution.

Otherwise who'd be the alternate? Meiko?

Meiko I guess. But it's weird, since WWE generally lets talents finish up indy dates before they have to report full time to the company or whatever.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Would WWE make her cancel dates to protect a worked injury? Or if she really is injured maybe they're having her do physical therapy and rehab at the PC in order to be ready in time

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The match she got hurt in doesn't even have an air date yet, and there's a bunch of taped episodes that would come before it.

So probably not.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

The match she got hurt in doesn't even have an air date yet, and there's a bunch of taped episodes that would come before it.

So probably not.

Dave and Bryan were talking about the tapings the other day, and apparently they may air the stuff out of order in order to get the UK Women's Title stuff set for Evolution.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Toni got injured at the NXTUK taping, ref threw up the X in the main. Not sure exactly what's up but from the front row it looked like she threw her back in some way.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

mfcrocker posted:

Toni got injured at the NXTUK taping, ref threw up the X in the main. Not sure exactly what's up but from the front row it looked like she threw her back in some way.

She has had back issues in the past/on an ongoing basis. She works a pretty physical style and a lot.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

leak the script

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
A bunch of bad boring stupid poo poo happens and in between it is one okay match

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Local TV ads in the New York market are advertising for Evolution...Mickie James vs Lita. :psyduck:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Legitimately already the highest-quality match the main roster's presenting on that show

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

Legitimately already the highest-quality match the main roster's presenting on that show

That's pretty faint praise however, since every Mickie vs Lita match in the past has been absolutely loving terrible in pretty much every way. :v:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

You’re aware that Lita is in it, right?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao gently caress this card.

I was okay with it when they brought back all the women for the Rumble cause they sorta had to to fill it out but this is ridiculous. All their good wrestlers are gonna be jammed in a loving battle royale while 90% of the card sucks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

You’re aware that Lita is in it, right?

Trish will be dragged down by Alexa,
Ronda will be dragged down by Nikki,
Brie and Maryse were both known for botchfests and Brie (tonight already proved) clearly still is,
Naomi/Melina if it happens only looks slightly less botchy than Brie/Maryse

At least both Mickie and Lita have had great matches before, even if it hasn't been with each other

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The last time Lita was in the ring she almost re-broke her neck doing that lovely moonsault. Who's begging to see her wrestle again?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Benne posted:

The last time Lita was in the ring she almost re-broke her neck doing that lovely moonsault. Who's begging to see her wrestle again?

This was true before the Rumble too. And the time before that. And the time before that. And...

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Benne posted:

Still a bigger star than most of the women’s roster, thanks to their booking.

The only way to get ahead is to be off tv while everyone else falls behind

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

I can't find any Raw spoilers for tonight. Has WWE cracked down on them?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the last time lita was in the ring miss congeniality was defeated soundly by jazz

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Still a bigger star than most of the women’s roster, thanks to their booking.

The only way to get ahead is to be off tv while everyone else falls behind

She’s a big star and absolutely should be on the show. I’m just not pretending she’s any good

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

fatherofmustard posted:

I can't find any Raw spoilers for tonight. Has WWE cracked down on them?

KungFu Grip posted:

A bunch of bad boring stupid poo poo happens and in between it is one okay match

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
Whenever the women say "we can wrestle just as good as the men" what they mean is they can have their spot on a big PPV sourced to someone who hasn't wrestled regularly since the mid 2000's. Bless WWE and their commitment to gender equality.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

I was wrong, sorry

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sugar Blaster posted:

Whenever the women say "we can wrestle just as good as the men" what they mean is they can have their spot on a big PPV sourced to someone who hasn't wrestled regularly since the mid 2000's. Bless WWE and their commitment to gender equality.

if they wanted to take a look at what "we can wrestle just as good" means they should peep the battle royale from All In where Jordynne Grace takes out the biggest motherfucker in the ring

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

if they wanted to take a look at what "we can wrestle just as good" means they should peep the battle royale from All In where Jordynne Grace takes out the biggest motherfucker in the ring

Thick Mama Pump is better in ring than all but a handful of the WWE women's division (who were all trained outside the performance center). The WWE women's division is handicapped by a number of factors: the PC sucks at training, they make the women work the typical WWE power style, and the general issues with awful writing, booking, and agenting.

Letting the wrestlers work more of their own styles would be an easy way to improve the product; but let's face it WWE doesn't give a poo poo about improving the quality of the product so it's all a moot point.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Thick Mama Pump is better in ring than all but a handful of the WWE women's division (who were all trained outside the performance center). The WWE women's division is handicapped by a number of factors: the PC sucks at training, they make the women work the typical WWE power style, and the general issues with awful writing, booking, and agenting.

Letting the wrestlers work more of their own styles would be an easy way to improve the product; but let's face it WWE doesn't give a poo poo about improving the quality of the product so it's all a moot point.

Please tell me that's her actual nickname

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

it is. Also part of "Team PAWG" with her mentor, LuFisto. she's probably my favorite woman wrestler right now, loving awesome talent, funny twitter, put out a book recently about all the terrible DMs she gets from creeps.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/918638141925482496?s=19

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That DM book is supposed to kick rear end.

The quality of women wrestlers in WWE is a cyclical problem. I feel like everyone who's come up through NXT has become worse because the main roster women have a reputation of being bad, so they get less matches and times, which means they wrestle less, which means they practice less, which makes them become worse/bad wrestlers, which then justifies the fact that they're not getting time.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

That DM book is supposed to kick rear end.

The quality of women wrestlers in WWE is a cyclical problem. I feel like everyone who's come up through NXT has become worse because the main roster women have a reputation of being bad, so they get less matches and times, which means they wrestle less, which means they practice less, which makes them become worse/bad wrestlers, which then justifies the fact that they're not getting time.

The problems stem from the performance center, main roster writing, booking, and agenting

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Other than that, Mr Jenkem, how was the third hour of Raw?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
PWInsider is reporting James Ellsworth is backstage tonight at Smackdown and/or 205 Live.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

PWInsider is reporting James Ellsworth is backstage tonight at Smackdown and/or 205 Live.

Drake is now off 205 Live and Elsworth is the new GM?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

Drake is now off 205 Live and Elsworth is the new GM?

Drake is still the 205 Live GM apparently.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

It's going to be 205 and there will exit Asuka's last chance at a PPV match/feud until at least Survivor Series

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
They are going to pair Becky with James Ellsworth. It would be so goddamn stupid of the company but they'll do it anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

James Ellsworth and Asuka are going to have a romance angle