Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Maarak posted:

If anything, I like the hair and eye color diversity more than the book's notions of inhereted family traits. Tyrion was clearly dyeing his hair back in season 1 to better fit in with his family, but that's stopped entirely at the death of his father. It makes Ned's proof (until he gets confirmation from Cersei) look a hell of a lot weaker, and his choice to undermine the throne absurdly dangerous.

Stannis is impossible to like now, but let's not forget this move back in season 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iimpkprnTk

Stannis may have defeated the Lannisters with a bunch of letters(via the High Sparrow ironically enough). Tywin would be proud. If only he had kept his propaganda game up, he might not have wasted the lives of thousands. Could have chilled in his fortified island playing with his daughter till the realm was ready to seize.

Popero posted:

That clip should remind us all how rigid and terrible Stannis always has been.

Rigid and terrible have their perks apparently. People always talk about how everything goes perfect for :ramsay: but goddamn if Stannis isn't the most persistent bastard in the series. He has few to no allies and basically says, drat the torpedoes, get out of my way. The Bolton's record of luck is about to get seriously hosed up tonight and everyone knows it. A few years ago I would've never guessed he'd end up being one of the primary lasting plotlines instead of a sideshow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Stannis' luck in the show is basically the kind of luck that prevents you from sinking, no matter how big the iceberg.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Stannis makes his own luck by burning family members.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Rimusutera posted:

Stannis' luck in the show is basically the kind of luck that prevents you from sinking, no matter how big the iceberg.

Stannis is too big to fail.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I think Stannis will ultimately sacrifice himself to destroy the White Walkers for good. Like, right at the end. Season 7, final ever episode, he'll redeem himself by voluntarily climbing on a fire.

Either that or Ramsay will leave a banana skin out for him in this up coming episode, and he'll break his neck falling down a single stair.

edit: no, falling up a single stair.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 14, 2015

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

tooterfish posted:

I think Stannis will ultimately sacrifice himself to destroy the White Walkers for good

I just really want the people in Kings landing to get a loving clue, like this is the doom of their time and not who hosed whos sister and who is a peter puffer and who is being accused of buggery and flesh-peddling, etc. :cripes:

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Hexel posted:

I just really want the people in Kings landing to get a loving clue, like this is the doom of their time and not who hosed whos sister and who is a peter puffer and who is being accused of buggery and flesh-peddling, etc. :cripes:

The trouble is, by the time King's Landing would be facing the Walkers, it'd be far too late: the North, Riverlands and Vale would have been destroyed and turned into an overwhelming army of the dead.

And it's not like they have TVs, all they have are the silly Night Watch messages but why would they take those seriously?

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Hexel posted:

Really that's kind of smart to not get involved though, if you're a regular person in a fantasy world. gently caress it. You don't have plot armor. Let the Fellowship save the world while you eat tacos.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Spiky Ooze posted:

Really that's kind of smart to not get involved though, if you're a regular person in a fantasy world. gently caress it. You don't have plot armor. Let the Fellowship save the world while you eat tacos.

The point of this series is that there is no fellowship and you're going to die because life sucks.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
The point of the series is that the characters have picked dumb selfish bullshit to divide themselves and/or are too heroic to do the practical thing and are going to get the deep freeze as a result. None of the politicking in the show matters except maaaaybe Night's Watch/Stannis and Dany vs. Westeros (and then only because she's fireproof and got dragons).

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
So if Olly stabs Jon or some other dumb poo poo, they're gonna have to burn him, right? Maybe then we get to find out if he's a Targaryen

So hype for Sansa to kill a fool

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I think Sansa is more likely to get killed but I'm happy to be surprised.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
But they would never kill a Stark right? :v:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Master Twig posted:

But they would never kill a Stark right? :v:

Valar Morghulis

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The ending of that Jorah fight is just so so bad. The dude with the spear just lunges towards him, spear not even pointed straight.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

:siren: GET YOUR SNACKS READY!!!!!:siren:

whats everyone eating? What are you drinking? What do you hope to see tonight????

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

a cop posted:

:siren: GET YOUR SNACKS READY!!!!!:siren:

whats everyone eating? What are you drinking? What do you hope to see tonight????

Legit bought lemoncakes for tonight.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Wine and death

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I just have a glass a milk tbh

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

10 is up on HBO NOW dudes

see you on the other side

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

Let's go Stannis. Don't let me down.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I hope Stannis burns Sansa, Jon, Sam, and Babby Sam

E: also Podrick

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
GREGOR PREVIEW SPOTTED

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dat previously on :stare:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I expect a major character to die.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Benjen?! Nuncle Benjen?! I wonder. I'm excited.

ContraceptiveCereal
Mar 27, 2010

Hexel posted:

Dat previously on :stare:

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Gregor, Benjen, Stannis.

Book readers gonna rage tonight.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Happy Hippo posted:

Legit bought lemoncakes for tonight.

i've done that before it owns

Benjen in the preview :crossarms:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

aww yeah

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Here we are again.

I guess a lot of soldiers didn't have the stomach to watch a little girl be burned alive, huh.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

oh poo poo

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
And why didn't the Lord of Light show her that?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Oh wow your army deserted after you burned your own daughter alive whoda thunk it

e: Jesus

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Stannis is having the worst day ever.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Well, not the best morning for Stannis

I bet the coffee is pretty poo poo too

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The law of unforseen yet entirely predictable consequences.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Was it worth it, Stannis?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Stannis's terrible horrible no good very bad couple of days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010